Walkthroughs as excuse to Let's Play

>decided to watch walkthrough of the game.
>"what's up guys i'm…"
—-
Where the fuck normal walkthroughs now, with no commentary? Fucking tubers decided to use "walkthrough" as method to gain more views from types like me? Why the fuck i have to type in "No Commentary" now?
Yes, i'm mad and that's it from me.
Oh yes, your dubs is pre-checked. They are nice.

But user, you are the dubs.

Otherwise can't you just mute the audio and play something else in the background ?

Walkthroughs with voice are fine as long as they talk about the game and what they're doing. When they try to be an e-celeb that's when you know they're a faggot.

OP, just look up longplays.

Because the commentated Let's Play style got stupidly popular. I can sometimes find some decent regular uncommentated playthroughs (I don't watch them myself, but to show a friend parts of games I can't just bring over and show him), but for the most part it can be pretty annoying to find them, particularly if a game isn't all that popular and you want decent quality video (and for older games, the uncommentated runs are likely to be older videos themselves and prone to not having all that good of video capture).

Also, checked.

I prefer the notion of letting the game speak for itself, unless the person doing the video is outright trying to show how to do something in particular.

Goddamn bateman messing with me.
I want to hear game sounds, don't really want to mute audio.

I prefer when they don't talk at all while playing. My taste, though.

Doesn't always work for new games. For example, EDF 4.1

noice

cubex55 ?

Haven't tried it myself, but perhaps you could look for streams of newer games on a streaming service and look for obscure streamers. That way, they're still in that shy, quiet phase where their commentary doesn't overtake the gameplay.

I'M SORRY
YOU NEED A FUCKING WALKTRHOUGH FOR EDF 4.1?

SURELY YOU DON'T WANT TO JUST WATCH SOMEONE PLAY THAT.
AS THAT WOULD MAKE YOU A RAGING.
FUCKING.
FAGGOT.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HEY GUYS IF YOU ENJOYED THIS EPISODE, MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE AND HIT ME UP ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER :3

Normalfags ruin everything and need to be put down like the sheeple they are.

MK Ice and Fire if you want walktroughts of popular shit and not giving cancerous channels/websites views.

you go to the comments, you die

world of longplays

checked

Holla Forums may be the only place I've seen that is so tsundere over consoles that they would actually watch someone else play them, just so they don't have to play them.

it's fucking pathetic. Maybe make better purchasing decisions and go where the games are, not where redditors tell you to go.

I dislike it if a walkthrough has no voice and does something really obscure to get somewhere, leaving me having no idea what to do. Voices are good if they are necessary for presenting the walkthrough.

Mate, there is nothing good on any platform. Nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing.

The game crash already happened, the crash of good games.

Fucking modern "let's play" fans (read: low attention span children who are more interested in the person talking than the game they're playing) don't deserve the effort I'd put into this shit anyway.

If I weren't bad at games and too lazy to learn editing, I would love to do more traditional LPs.

upscaled and lowbitrate/compressed

at this point you might as well host your own files on a server that you self-host or buy it off some chink

Yeah, probably. It looked like utter shit and the whole thing was off-putting.

Just upload 3 different videos?

From your response I assume you've never had to wait for a single high-definition video to render, let alone three. Pic related.

Not everyone is a fag that does the "youtube thing."

Upload them as three different videos.

wow, faggot much?

In my experience rendering is something you need to keep an eye on in case something goes wrong, otherwise you're likely to lose a lot of work.

what exactly do you do if something DOES go wrong?

He shoots himself for being a stupid fag.

Cancel the render, fiddle with the codec settings and try again. Better than leaving the program to try and finish shitting out a corrupt video and smearing all over your data.

I thought I was the only one who watched the Ichigeki Hissatsu series.

Watch a "movie version" if its a game that looks good for the story I did this with NieR and TLoU, would recommend NieR if you have 5 hours and absolutely would not recommend TLoU unless you're desperate for a pretentious zombie movie

Fucking kids these days can't even cheat right.

be fair fam, the PS4 has two though it will likely lose Estival Versus to PC soon, but if you can stomach the framerate then Bloodborne is certainly one of the best in years especially with The Old Hunters

I only played because my roomate has one and refuse to give money to any closed, proprietary system that keeps its games hostage.

So I can just record playthroughs of games I'm playing with no commentary and put them on youtube for ad shekels?

Of course, but it is a little bit more inconvenient than you might think: unless you've got fiber internet or very short games you're looking at a lot of hassle around the upload process since you've got to have a constant internet connection for a very long time (and sometimes the problems aren't just on your end). Even when compressed, video is a shit ton of data and upload speeds are much slower than your download speeds.

You'll also have a hard time getting noticed, since the majority of the people that would watch those back in the day have moved to LPs with commentary, so don't expect much in the way of ad shekels.

I'd certainly appreciate it though, especially if you upload console games that are good (mainly for story/audio/visuals since gameplay doesn't count for much when you aren't playing)

here, you certification of being a fucking casual kiddie

That's a flag for making an online persona

Play a game that
A. Requires no skill to play like (Fuck it I'm too lazy, you think of a joke)
B. A game that the vidyeal garm gods have blessed thee with the ability to not be shit at.
C. Git gud.
Any one can edit without even looking at a tutorial, the problem you have is

Humor and e-celeb has been a part of Let's Plays from the beginning. It's evolved to really dominate the popular video and the e-celeb part has evolved with how e-celebs have evolved in general. They certainly used to be more focused on showing off games but they always had these potentially cancerous elements to them.

As a perfectionist I actually really hate longplays since I feel as though they never really do their job of showing the game at it's best.

I mean fuck, Doom's longplay isn't even on Ultraviolent difficulty, and Darkseed 2 is a fucking travesty.

So you can pick between walkthroughs with commentary, longplays without skill, or lets plays without intelligence.