gog.com/redeem/HT4QA515064A1A24C5
gog.com/redeem/K8FA4F476480424536
gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_redemption
archive.is/2hNat
youtube.com/watch?v=WI_dnwhn9s0
steamcommunity.com/groups/thecptfroggyclub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP stills angry at his overly touchy uncle

I fail to see the problem with that. What if you intended to buy games in the first place? In that case, you're simply getting more games for the price you paid for the games you wanted.

At least it's not Insomnia Sale 3: The Quest For Getting Rid of These Goddamn Jack Keys

Dreamfall Chapters is complete garbage. You don't want it even for free.

I'm looking at Ronin and the classic XCOM bundle.

The complaining will come anyways, might as well get it out of the way

It's a way of "tricking" you into buying more games than you need.

Looks like all the same bundles I already own.

So it merely exists to trap weak-willed faggots just like every other marketing scheme since the dawn of commerce.

Still not inherently bad.

This sale is great for pirates because we'll see more torrent uploads.

Oh nice they're giving away System Shock 2

Oh fuck off

Do you have Steam installed on your computer?

Does any one on Holla Forums? cause if they do, they do not belong here.

I agree. I'm just trying to find out whether he's a hypocrite or just plain retarded.

Most of Holla Forums are hypocritical faggots who probably have Steam in their tray right now and are chatting to friends over Skype.

They just pretend they don't so they can be one of the cool kids.

Just get the client and then uninstall it after you get the game.

Seems logical, but unfortunately the paranoid among us are convinced once you download it, you've got a botnet on your system for life.

What is wrong with using Holla Forums to "chat" why does everyone on this fucking planet think they have to be FRIENDS with everything. Fucking boring sociopath nature.

It happened with Origin, who's to say it couldn't happen with Galaxy?

No. I have Kali installed, though. So that's pretty awesome of me.

It might shock you to understand that most human beings are sociable, open creatures who seek contact and attention from the outside world. The number that prefer to be insular is a bit lower.

There's the paranoia I was talking about.

I'll probably pick up Battlezone, Witcher 3 +Expansion, the XCom pack, Age of Decadence, and that recent ToME 4 expansion,

They operate on different business models. GOG carves its niche by making sure not to do that kind of thing. If they start, they go in the trash with Steam and Origin.

GOG has plenty of problems (stealing cracks, choice of games they'll allow to be on their finely curated website alongside Gone Home), but for now, Galaxy is not one of them.

No, I understand being social in the REAL world, not on the fucking internet, that is just sad/boring.

Also thanks OP!
I just pirated a shit of gog games, I like how they set things up. Thanks for the reminder.

Welcome to the real world. They're all on smartphones talking over Skype or Facebook messenger. There's no escape anymore. You tried to hide from the real world, so it came to you.

Im not hiding from shit, and I am well aware of the drones around me. Whatever, this is getting out of context. Fuck Steam.

This is about GoG Galaxy user, not steam.

Okay i'll be good now.

System Shock 2 gift code!

F77DE-BF7EE-4ACA5-32C5A

Get it while it's hot!

Yes. Steam is the proverbial fat chick a guy mocks around his friends, then fucks on the weekend.

Anyone?

A better alternative.

I got it. Thanks user

You are most welcome. I already had it.

Ah and to think you people used to preach GOG as the savior of gaming not long ago….

All i can think is that you just want shit for free, you don't give a fuck about ethics, you are nothing but filthy jews, even a real pirate would have a bit of honor on his salty skin, but not you.

I can't find the games I want.

Do you children not comprehend the incredibly basic concept that the people who make games need to be paid money?

So, game devs are jews now, because they need to make a living?

What about people who didn't make the games?

You don't need games famalan.

Do you adults not understand i live in a third world country and I have no money?
I'll pirate while I can't and buy when I can
specially if the game's good, i make sure to buy those

Unless you live in bumfuckistan or a NEET with parents that give you little to no money, resorting purely to piracy all the time is a pretty exploitative approach to gaming considering there are still decent devs, and these people still need money to maintain the industry.

So…the United States?

but you don't actually need more games. some people here might think it not be true but it is.

That's why I have steam running in a separate Windows installation from my real home computer. Just learn to dual boot Android suspicious proprietary software in quarantine.
before you judge me, several games I really adore require Steam. I don't hate that still exists, they provide some very nice services, but the fact that some games require it it's just terrible.

This guy is actually correct. The publisher makes the profit, the developer is paid a flat rate for making the game.

What about indie devs who just distribute their games digitally?

clever, you are. But no, I'm a HUE

Many of them are hipster faggots who deserve nothing but poverty. However the few rare good ones I've found, I've paid for them.

Can you name one game that is completely self-published? Tried googling, but all the usual suspects all have at least SOME publisher support. Even hipster-jester Phil Fish got money from Microshit.

Nice composition fallacy.

What about that Lisa dev? He even had an AMA here.

Granted. But that is the exception, not the rule. And I have no interest i LISA anyways.

Go deep enough into almost all games and you will find a publisher skimming most of the profits. It's what vidya today has become.

anyone play those old goldbox dnd games? They any good?

Do you summerfags not understand basic economics, that these companies and devs are already paid before the game is made?

For their time they were awesome, especially Krynn and Pool of Radiance series.

what about the eye of beholder games?
and any of these
gog.com/game/forgotten_realms_the_archives_collection_two

Seriously?

Collection2 is the Pool of Radiance series mostly.
Never really got into EoB and Menzo, they always felt off for me but some people loved them. Might need to have a cpu slowdown tool or such to play even those on current computers

someone tell me the user agent of that dumb galaxy client so I can get my free shit lmao without fucking around getting it to run in wine

For what it's worth I generally buy some of my old games from childhood here. Stuff like Caesar 3 or TA:Kingdoms. Last time I tried pirating either of those they ran like shit.

So yeah, paying 2$ for games I like and them not running like shit? Eh sure worth.

It's honestly just steam without forcing you to use a client I never understood why people bitched about it outside of them having the audacity to sell old games.

gog.com/summer_xp
More and more they resemble Steam(you can even link your Steam account to you GoG account provided you give them your steam info, whatever that may be). Besides no DRM and fewer games, what's the difference between GoG and Steam again?

old games

It's immoral to pay for proprietary games.

And especially games from companies with bad business practices.

Remember that you vote with your dollar.

I vote for more games to be made

So, your IQ is 4?

Please explain why it's immoral, I'm actually quite curios.

You don't go to GOG and buy some old ass shit game for 10 bux just because your inner man child weeps for those nostalgic memories, you buy shit on sale for 2 bux, a fee to not have to deal with shitty vola speeds.
It's like a current year variant of those budget rereleases like Bestseller Gold or Sold Out but with decent tech support.

Oh cool. I was waiting for one of these platforms to have a sale so I can purchase the pirated games I actually enjoyed. Now I just have to wait until the last day to see which ones actually go on sale

mad about something chum?

as if those pollacks are scared about delicious, fat short stacks pussy

post more

Why would pollacks even be in this thread, leftypol?

Why would leftypol be in this thread, cuteboy?

Unless you're buying new games on GOG, you're probably giving money to the publishers who probably shitcanned the franchise or drove it into the ground. Don't buy old games on GOG unless you know who the money is going to, and even then you should probably pirate them instead. The only games I buy on there are new releases and that's only if I like the dev/publisher.

That being said, it's their fault for not creating a service superior to piracy. Gaben said something like this a long time ago before he grew a hook nose. Normalfags will pay dosh for convenience but pirating a game and buying a game are roughly the same process, with buying being slightly more inconvenient because you have to fill out purchase info - or store that info on the website and watch it get stolen a year later.

Not all publishers are EA. Most of them treat their devs alright.

pollacks as in toilet scrubbers you fucking mongoloid

so, nobody going to uploade the gog installer to vola?

Why would you even mention pol when there have been zero pol posts ITT(inb4 that piratebay image with a crying jew is definitely a pol tier post) if you aren't from leftypol or intl?

Any good place to get gog installers besides igg?

Back to the sale at hand, is Jotun any good for $5?
Looks like a nice way to burn an hour or two.

Just about any decent tracker will have them, shit's not that rare.

Even rutracker's got them.

Share thread.

Vola, questionable MEGA links, torrents for vola installers off of your favorite public/private trackers, etc. Pretty much the same place you get cracked executables

Feels good mate.

there is not much just the usual stuff. I had expected more gog installer since the summer sales.

System Shock 2 for free is pretty nice. I'd have them expected to pick a trash game for that purpose.

just shut the fuck up already

They said they were stress testing, so it's only natural.

Lords of Xulima if you like old crpgs.

I got two more codes!

BALDUR'S GATE: THE ORIGINAL SAGA:
gog.com/redeem/HT4QA515064A1A24C5

BALDUR'S GATE 2 COMPLETE:
gog.com/redeem/K8FA4F476480424536

Who among you is the fastest?

i already have both

I just want to inform you not only I do have a steam account, but that I regularly play Endless Legend on it.

user, I just bought System Shock Enhanced on GOG. Thought you'd like to know.

Well then, get out there and gate some baldurs!

When people say vote woth your dollar they aren't talking about pirating

You better not have any steam friends goddammit

I normally stay offline on steam

I like how instead of recommending which games to get you fags argue about your usual shit.
No wonder you don't know shit about vidya.

They killed everything fun about the summer sales, which was waiting for each new game (plus the tiny chance at getting it for free). People would stay up all night/day, posting on Holla Forums, getting weird, making dank photoshops of the store page, all as a community. Now it's literally a single player RPG where you get experience and level up.

no i mean i already own both

And I'm telling you to go bald some gates!

Around thirty of them. It's a mix of real friends, people I coop oldschool shooters with and fa/tg/uys I roleplay Warhammer with. Stay jelly.

That game is a mess, it looks nice, but the game play is awful and the devs had no idea what they were doing.

Faggots like you are the reason Denuvo exists.

I was being facetious

Which part is a mess?

Good thing only shit games use denuvo, eh?

Name one game with Denuvo that you legitimately want to play.

It's a great filter, really. If game design takes a back seat to controlling that the player is legally entitled to play the game in the first place, it's probably not worth playing.

inb4 muh sour grapes.

Alright, it seems like they've been claimed! I hope you have fun, whoever you are!

The Insomnia Sales were fun in concept, but tell me with a straight face that you actually enjoyed waiting full days for Jack Keane to stop being on the front page.

Before Denuvo we had SecuROM, Starforce and any number of physical DRMs to "protect" against piracy, despite the fact that the only platform that ever suffered for it was the Amiga, which was a bitch to get legitimate copies for. Compounding that, the developers doubled down and started antagonizing legitimate customers over piracy, so they dug their own grave.

What? Of course it means something you actually own the game like you should. Is having no DRM not an admirable thing anymore?

Daily reminder manchildren and fedora tippers dont understand how economy works. Pirating is the correct answer a over saturated market of shit. Good games will only be made when good games are being paid for. You are allowing companies/devs to get away with being lazy, greedy, and all out destroyers of their own said "passion".

Take the higher ground. Only support devs if you know the money is going directly to them, never purchase from a middle man, never play SHITTY FUCKING GAMES.

Get fucked, you kids are beyond stupid.

Wow, man, thank God all these edgy, wannabe anarchist teens are here who have never had to earn their own money before. You guys really spice up the threads with your well thought out opinions.

You can argue that it's not on a physical disc, and you're still downloading from some website you have to log into anyways

DRM free does mean something and buying old games from devs that still makes good games makes sense.

But I agree with the rest. Anyone who buys System Shock should be gassed.

Great thing. Something just make a little scratch on disk and you cant boot your game forever because "Starforce" cant recognise you licensed disk.

So buy the games you want to play

I almost never bought any games, I was just there for the lulz.

Name 3 devs that meet this criteria

I guess but the whole problem with steam is that if steam goes down one day chances are your games go with it, with GOG that isn't an issue.

Yet.

I love how much Holla Forumsirgins struggle with self awareness

Thanks.

Harsh but true.

Online cancer and social media has taken over gaming years ago. I don't even care anymore.

fuck skype

Black Isle and Ion Storm don't make games any more you corporate drone.

Most of the old games on GOG are from dead studios.

This precludes that he only wants to play good games.
Or that he can make a good decision on the quality of a game without owning it. So that leaves what Holla Forums says (which you should never always sometimes listen to), vidya press and journalism (LAUGHTER OL) and gameplay videos.

The latter will be DMCA'd if uploaded within a month or release or earlier to silence criticism and maximize exposure to positive material (trailers etc), so we'd have to wait until we can watch actual footage and a purchase at that point will be discounted and not a strong signal that the game is good as if we bought at release. If no DMCA fuckery is involved, the game might be legit, but it follows that the developers had no budget to advertise the game, and so it will be buried under the shitpile of overmarketed AAA crap and forgotten.

If only we had demos which gave us a chance to judge the gameplay by ourselves before buying the game.

I can unplug my ethernet cable and play all my steam games just as well as any other game.

gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_redemption

Best VTM game, with the credit given when I bought Blood and Wine.

Also free System Shock 2

Ha good point. I only have Falcom.

It is sad isn't it? So many of my childhood studios are looooooong gone.

You can always find day 1 gameplay videos of any game, you are making up a problem to justify your actions

All people from Troika or Blizzard North are just work in different studios and make a games.

Don't act like most pirates intend to buy a game they enjoyed. Yes, there are some that use it as a demo, and that's alright I guess, but most just download the game, play it, and delete it without ever thinking of it again.

Night Dive Studios owns System Shock currently. What's so bad about them?

There are no games to buy from Steam ignorant user. Just rentals.

Only If this game have a low replayability and plane terrible DRM (or online only bullshit).

So I must have had such a hangover that I allucinated videos of The Order 1886 being deleted on release because the game was so fucking bad. Incidentally around the same time there was a thread on the game on the frontpage at all times. My bad.

they probably won't think about it again because the game was too short to register in their long term memory, and thus not worth the investment. If you were to do that with a game and still play it regularly months, years later, then yeah, I'd agree it's not okay.

No idea. Did they work on System Shock?

I put plenty of money in this industry but only for games that I enjoy.

I don't feel bad about the nigger slaves that mine coltan or pick coco leaves. I don't feel bad about pirating some old game.

It doesn't really matter if you delete it or not. If you liked the game, then you should pay for it. Most pirates don't even consider it.

There are already alternative steam client that can use certificate generated by steam to play any games you own forever provided you can find the game files,the main client can kinda do it already now

Probably, saw videos of it during the whole release week

I do. I play in SupCom FA around 5 years and buy it in 2011. Sad thing publisher fucked developers with SupCom2 and company closed.

They still played it, you dont pay for things just because you enjoy then, you pay for access to them. If you go to a restaurant and finish the food you still have to pay even if you didn't like it.

No you dont. if soup or dish have a Fly/shit or served with dirty hands - administrator should give your money back.

We are not talking about sanitation laws, but just straight up not liking the food. You buy a soup, finish it but didn't like it you still have to pay for it. You dont get to say that you were just trying it out.

Maybe in third world countries like USA.

You never work in restaurant didnt you?

If you count the work they did on the remastered version of System Shock, yes.

You're right, I'll go right now on Gog.com and buy Vampire the masquerade bloodlines!

Oh wait…

OY GEVALT
archive.is/2hNat

We've been over this. The videogame industry is nothing like the service industry.

What?

Troika, the developper, is dead and all the profits goes to Activision, who rushed the game and shut Troika down.

I'm broke, but at least I got System Shock 2 for free.

You know, I was really curious if you were going to post the news about that one playthought of order that was a week BEFORE release, making it completely unrelated to your point, now I know you are just shitposting

He's trying to say that since many of the games on gog belong to defunct developers, NONE of the games on the entire platform should ever be paid for.

I said "within a month or release or earlier". As as I know, a week before release falls within that timeframe.

Explain how that is unrelated, or are you just going to throw YOUR shit around to see if it sticks.

devs dont get royalties, my money would go straight to the publisher

Its the weird dichotomy of people here who complain about no good games but not actually buying any. Then later they justify it with a weird view where they are oppressed because they aren't supposed to get free games. Dont even remind then of the concept of buying and selling property because then they just say jew as if it was an argument.

Then you don't get games, its not food retard, its a recreational activity.

I said explain, fuccboi.

You said the videos were deleted during release, that false
I said videos were available during release week
You posted a link about one Let's Play being deleted before that.
YOU explain how your link disprove my claim in any way

And that user said

You either implied one couldn't find day 1 gameplay or made an entirely pointless statement.

I didn't say that. I said "within a month or release or earlier". Before release falls within that timeframe.
archive.is/2hNat
I'm not going to bother with the rest since you lack basic reading comprehension.

I meant go down as in as a service, you still require the software to play steam games

CONGRATULATIONS! You found a semantic flaw in a post I made.

Now comes your victory lap where you gloat about how this matters and how this invalidates the point I made about videos being deleted at , and how this proves that no videos where deleted at all, despite the source I supplied. It should be easy for you.

Why, you can even buy Might and Magic games!
Oh shit

Sweet.

Whats wrong with galaxy though? My games are still DRM free and not tied to it, what the fuck is the issue?

Or Wizardries and Jagged Alliances

I understand this point. GOG used to have interesting things to make me want to use the service: DRM free games and some exclusive bonus back in the day. But not anymore.

But, about game developers, isn't games a bit like movies anyway? I mean, if you buy a movie, or rent it through netflix or whatever, the money is not going to the people who really made the movie. It all goes to the people who owns the rights. Games are just like that, and frankly, developers usually don't care either. The ones who do will probably be self-publishing forever, or will sign better contracts.

From what I read most Troika main heads are in Obsidian, or helped in the creation of Evolve… Yep. So, I don't know. If you are going to pirate, do it, but, if you are going to spend money on something. It's better to bust the sales of things like Vampire the Masquerade, Arcanum, Thief TDP, than on newer stuff. Unless it's the rare good stuff.

Maybe for sony developers.

That doesn't matter. As a response to being able to view gameplay on release for any game, easily at that, your point of some of them having been deleted is irrelevant.

And you're the all encompassing beacon of light in the sea of shit? Buddy, you're just the corn, get your head out of your ass.

It totally… doesn't. The date invalidate your bullshit claim at

Why is fucking bullshit?
Simple, you are implying that you have to pirate games because is somehow hard to fine gameplay videos, and that's no true, and a single let's play of a LEAKED game before release, during the review embargo (which to be fair is a terrible practice) is in no way evidence of that

Well, look at who is putting words in some else mouth, please show me where I wrote no videos were deleted at all

So in the face of solid proof of companies censoring game footage that is not in their interests, what you're saying is that this is an isolated incident and otherwise it doesn't happen never ever.

Do you not understand that I don't give a shit and if I can get shit for free without it being "illegal" I don't really give a shit? I'll only buy it if I think it's a good game

Why is there an argument about videos of gameplay footage in a thread about buying games?

Autists, not even once

No, what I'm saying is that you either implied that finding day 1 footage wasn't possible due to that or your reply was pointless.
If you didn't imply that it was impossible or even at least hard to find day 1 footage it did nothing to address the other user's point that you could just look up footage on release to make up your mind.

I'm not at all arguing against the unjust DMCAs happening or that they don't matter at all.

Be glad it's not about whether futa is gay or not. :^)

It's not unless it focuses on dicks.

I own everything on GoG worth playing (All 15 games! :^) ) same with all the other platforms, everything else available I'll just pirate if I want to play.

It is. Emphasis on "fine".
You can type the first 5 letters on the game on a search engine and be swarmed with prerendered "INGAME FOOTAGE ONLY FOR REALS" trailers and previews, as well as sponsored reviews that overemphasize the high points the game might have while sweeping the shit under the rug. Impartial, raw gameplay is much harder to find and buried under the aforementioned sponsored material, or outright deleted as per The Order example. In fact, I addressed this already.

Oh, so the problem is that you suck at Google-fu
Try keywords, for example… "gameplay"
Like "The Order 1886 gameplay" it show a lot of day 1 (some even before that) videos
But all those guy are fucking shill, right?
A very good keyword in this case is "longplay"
youtube.com/watch?v=WI_dnwhn9s0
Look at that, a raw gameplay video and, wait, look at this "Published on Feb 23, 2015" but the release date was just 3 days before that.
WHAT SORCERY IS THIS? an impartial, raw gameplay video right after release with one single keyword on google? are our Illuminati overlords aware of this?

The problem is that the public at large sucks at Google-fu. They are the ones exposed the most to these tactics since they also happen to move the most money. They do these things because they work and are obscenely profitable.

You missed:

WESTWOOD.

Also BULLFROG

And BIOWARE

And some others too.

He seems to get games just fine.

This is why video games are cancer.

That's my only real complaint about Steam though.

But "the public" is not pirating games, those evil torrents are full of virus and stuff to blow your van, so "the public" is definitely not the one trying to excuse his actions because is so fucking hard to type a single word in google.

They don't have cancerous and censorship heavy client, giving into demands from literal 12 year olds and parents who get their accounts hijacked, Gog Still focuses on their online webstore, and don't do the whole cancerous "ACIEVEMENTS!" bullshit as much as steam does, they also don't have a rigged marketplace or auction house. And CDProjekt still makes video games. Valve doesn't.

There is shittons different between them but yeah, the important thing is the DRM free one.

Both sell proprietary software. Both now have a surveillance client. Neither respect your freedoms.

DELETE THIS!

Literally every one. This is only bad if it's made exclusive IE: everything Apple makes.

GoG sells their games on both Steam and GoG and consoles.

First is a misnomer, second is an outright lie. If GoG didn't respect freedoms they wouldn't be the most popular among pirates.

To me, yes.

Isn't that mostly the publishers doing? Only big example of valve doing it is Hatred

I don't think I ever excused my actions. If I pirate a game and it's shit, I will shamelessly refuse to part with a dime for it. I'll apologize for that when THEY apologize for releasing such a turd upon the world, and in the process of embellishing the turd with colored chocolate sprinkles and shoving it down our throats in ads everywhere we go, dooming less funded, more inspired games to die in obscurity because they couldn't afford the exposure.

On the contrary, if I pirate a game and I really like it, I will buy it. So far this has worked for me with
-The Binding Of Isaac
-Risk Of Rain
-Way of The Samurai 4
-FTL
-Diablo II
-Killing Floor
-Teleglitch
-Jagged Alliance 2 (before I found out where my money actually went. My bad)
-Serious Sam games
-X3
-Shadowrun: Dragonfall
-Neverwinter Nights 1
-Mount & Blade Warband

off the top off my head. I have pirated a lot of shit. Most was deleted no more than 3 or 4 hours in because I couldn't get into it. I am not sinless and some remain unpaid, mainly PS2 games for which I no longer own the console and couldn't be arsed to dive in the bargain bins for a copy to purchase. Scalpers can fuck off.

Depends on the "freedoms" discussed. If it's Our GNU/Lord And GNU/Saviour Richard M "St. IGNUcius" Stallman's Four Essential Freedoms, then no, GOG doesn't respect your freedoms.

For the record, GOG does have libre software on it, with games like Warsow, Tales of Maj'Eyal (and probably more). The point still stands that it sells any proprietary software in the first place, though

And their entire chat client. They censored Holla Forums multiple times, and are still doing it in their forum. You can't post links to an account below a certain "steam level" as well.

Most steam users are not this

steamcommunity.com/groups/thecptfroggyclub

That pretty much what your post about how hard finding gameplay videos was. I don't actually care if you pirate games, I'm not a dev or moralfag. Is just that pretending one playthrough, of a leaked game, during the review embargo, is evidence of this huge DMCA wall preventing you to see videos is fucking bullshit.

Oh yeah, you are right, fuck that gay level shit

Never played the remaster of System Shock 2 so they don't get my money.

I'm not impressed with companies buying the IP rights for old franchises. Make a game I enjoy: get the money.

Take SquareEnix: they deserve to get paid for making Human revolution. Which I bought. Twice.

But the original Deus Ex is not their work. They don't get to milk it for another 50 years.

I pirate whatever I can. I don't have any justification. I'd steal IRL too if I were smart enough to get away with it. I'm not a good person.

You're alright in my book user. At least you're not a hypocrite like most normalfags on this planet.

That's actually a pretty good deal on the Tropico games. Too bad I have them already.

In the company's view, they don't get very much money at all from owning older games. They still get the money, sure, but the amount is highly disproportionate to the amount they get from new releases in the franchise. They bought the rights to the game to make a new game, not to milk the old ones (unless it's shit like rereleases)

Also, the "even if another company owns the IP, when they see money coming from it, that'll prompt them to make one more like the original" idea is flawed logic in the same way. Unless, of course, if masses of people go out to buy the game at the same time, which is highly unlikely

I already have 4, and that's enough for me in terms of that genre. Do the others offer anything unique, or is it just tweaks/graphical upgrades like the Civ games?

61359-9B751-C736A-9DFFE
UUUU

3 is basically 1 in the new engine, but it's fairly different from 4. A lot harder, for one thing. If the Civ games aren't different enough for you, though, then don't bother, 4 is the best of the lot.

Lots of valvedrones trying to drown this thread because GoG is a competitor to them.

Disclaimer: I can't use gog because they use cyprus, so I pirate everything that isn't DRM free directly from developers. Fuck off steambeciles.

That's true most companies buy old franchises so they can make new games in those franchises.

An example of this is Thief 4.

Personally I pay for games so more games that I like are made. It's more of an encouragement bonus for me. I can just as easily pirate them all- got the broadband connection for it

I don't understand what CD Projekt was thinking. You play any Third Person Action game and your character attacks in the direction he was facing in, totally logical.

In The Witcher Geralt Swings based on where the Camera is directed. I'm constantly attacking things in Directions that I never want to attack from.

Why can't it be more like every other game in existence?

All the games from Eastern Europe have weird quirks like that. Witcher 1 is especially weird.

It also has really shitty two button no difficulty gameplay.

Somebody claim this nigger's system shock 2 code.

Thank you.

When are moralfags and weak-ass pirates going to get it? No one gives a shit about what you have to say or what you do. If you pirate, pirate, if you buy, buy and if you pirate to demo, then so be it. No one gives two shits about what you do in your own home, using your own broadband internet connection.

For example: I own over 500 PC games, many of those from the late 80s and 90s. Do you want me to rebuy these games so I can give money to not-the-creators? You know what? Maybe I will, simply because it came out of my ass that day, or maybe I'll pirate the game I already bought for convenience.

Or maybe I'll use DOSBox and make an autolauncher since it takes like 2 minutes to do.

Whatever choice I pick is going to get shat on by paranoid extreme pirates, or rabid moralfags who do it for free, same goes to all of you, so stop trying to justify your own actions as if you were a 5 year old needing validation and just play yer fucking games!

Anyways, System Shock 2 is still free, go get it. It's a good game.

How are Galaxy's community and personal profile features?

Ronin was really good as a concept but the controls are clunky as fuck. you will notice it specially at the last 3 mission

Here's economy 01 for you faggot

Your world of paying for work was fallacious in the Victorian era. And is retarded now.
Let's say that your boss Ronald pays you for every burger you flip and every person that order a menu. If no one order, you don't flip burger you get no money

Casual computer user detected.

They have done it. Is called denuevo.
Nice opinion

Good ahead. Name a non-shit game that uses it.

There was the steam.api.dll that let you keep the files of the game you install right?

You neither apparently. If the costumer have finished the food, and after claim he didn't like it then he pays no matter what, and usually end up with cops asking him to pay.
If the costumer doesn't finish it, then he gets a refund, remade dish or discount depends on the restaurant policy

MgsV
Anno 2205
Mad max was empty but still nice

Most of the grapes where sour but not all of them faggot

He said name good games, DRM shill.

I would just point out that M&B warband had a demo until reaching lv 7 sooooooo technically you didn't piratate it but I'm just being on the semantic discussion no

So my regular BGs are rare? Neat.

>I could have said any game and that was still your opinion answer
Go and cry me a river faggot. The only complain that is allowed is If had the final chapter and increased the amount of shit in the world. Gameplay wise was just amazing, and fox engine brought even toasters and console to have a stable 60fps. Keep shitposting

Just because anons made some memes about it, and anons here have shit taste doesn't mean it's good.

Obviously the best choice of action is to find the address of the devs, and send an envelope of cash to their house.

Why does everyone in the world act as if being a hypocrite is a bad thing? What is wrong with being begrudgingly practical? You can identify the faults and things you disagree with in a product or service you're essentially forced to use as there's no better alternative, there my be alternatives that have ideals you agree with and you can still support them while also using other services that you don't agree with but have what you want or need.

I can't stand Windows but I've used it for years because the alternatives are not practical for video game hobbyists. I don't like DRM as a whole yet I still play games that have it because there often isn't another choice. I understand the argument of "but you're supporting what you don't like!" and the problem is, again, simply that there isn't any alternative to support without holding yourself back. Hypocrites like that only exemplify that there is a niche in the market that needs to be filled and isn't, why be mad at them the individuals instead of at the situation they and everyone else is in?

I tend to trust hypocrites more since they have experience with the complaints they voice, like when an addict tells people not to do drugs, they of all people would know, Windows users should be trusted when considering their complaints since they have to deal with the frustrations daily, same with Steam users and the Steam client, I trust firsthand users more than I do people who don't actually use it and just repeat rhetoric that isn't even true sometimes.

I just feel like some of the aggression is misdirected a lot of the time.

nigga what? GZ was better. The only good thing about that game was the fox engine.
what shit? the game was empty.

That's the meaning you dumb nigger. Increas the amount of shit in the world since is empty
But what I'm talking to shitposter for? I could give you the GOTYAY and you will still meme it out as shit.
Intothetrash.gif

Where are you from? Not around here.

it has the best GAMEplay in the series

New sales!

Do the discounts even change? Pretty sure most of those had exactly same prices yesterday. The bundles change, though, I think.

Make me, bitch

The old bundles are still there.

I know Steam have been caught raising prices while a discount happens- not sure if GOG have ever been caught doing it.

But please do dig into it.

Isn't that left up to the individual developers and/or publishers of each game? I don't think Valve can control the price of someone elses product so easily like that even if it is their marketplace.

Valve doesn't set the prices, the publisher does. The publishers are the ones that raise the prices before putting them on "sale". If the same thing happens on GOG it's still not GOG's fault unless it's something they published directly (i.e. The Witcher)

Valve does plenty of retarded shit for us to be mad at them for. Let's not attribute made up bullshit to them because then it weakens the legitimate complaints by comparison.

What I'm saying is that there's no daily deals. The counter is there just to change the which discounts get highlighted.

Trails in the Sky is pretty fantastic.

Any good strategy games on sale.

Something like Empire at War, or Dawn of War.

Homeworld is good but it's fucking Gearbox, so pirate it.
I was gonna suggest Original War, but Bohemia apparently went full-jew and removed their games from GoG.