Hey, user, why are you not rescuing games from yard sales? Imagine all the good games you can get for cheap

Hey, user, why are you not rescuing games from yard sales? Imagine all the good games you can get for cheap.

Last time I saw SotN in the wild it was being sold for $100
Yeah totally good games for cheap

I got one for 2 dollars

Because I'm european and have never seen a yard sale in my whole fucking life.

Because Mednafen PSX has 1:1 emulation at this point, and I already have the entire NTSC-U PS1 library :^)

I've been meaning to canvas the cities nearby for yard sales with video game stuff. My friend started doing it a few months ago, and it seems both fun and very good at getting things cheap.

He ended up getting an xbox, shitloads of games, and four or five controllers for 20 dollars.

I live in a fairly populated area too.

Just need to let my funds recover since I recently made some big expenditures.

Because for the most part the yard sales where I live just have shovelware, licensed shit, and sports games. Occasionally I'll get lucky with stuff like Pikmin 2 for $2, but it's pretty infrequent. And with the temperatures the area I live in get to be for a good bit of a the year, I don't do it often.

I have better luck with used multimedia places screwing up the occasional prices in a way that lets me find something good at much lower than average prices.

You in a PAL country or something? SotN is only about $25-30 average where I live, but from what I hear, I wager the US saw a lot more copies than PAL areas did, hence it costing a lot more out there.

Because I have a laptop, a hacked Nintendo Wii and a one terrabyte hard drive

I just emulate SOTN through Dracula X Chronicles in PPSSPP since it has all the goodies from the other console versions besides PS1

As for saving poor neglected vidya I nabbed Diablo and Diablo II from a yard-sale of a childhood friend, both of them surprised me since I took him for a filthy casual who I was aware couldn't figure out Kirby and the Amazing Mirror when we were in middle-school, though they might've been his father's games or something. Diablo was missing from the case (I could've sworn it was in there when I checked the box and I know I wasn't stiffed when I brought it over to pay for it) and Diablo II came with the Legacy of Darkness expansion but the disk is scratched fairly deep so one of the .mpq files needed for me to play it diskless refuses to copy so I'll probably find an empty .mpq or download it from a full pirate download piece-meal. Diablo II for 5 bucks either way is not bad at all.

That appears to be a listing for a razor blade, that is not the silly doodle of a shrug I posted.

If you have the CD key you can just register it on battle.net and download the installer straight from blizzard, no cd required.

I've bought old vidya from yard sales, but half the time the only stuff I can find is crappy old sports games and broken machines.

There's a vintage game store near me, but those jews charge prices for old stuff that make EA look like saints.

There is this amazing vintage game store that has ps2 games for 6-10 dollars a game. I guess it depends where you are.

Because most games from yard sales are poorly taken care of.

Because i have all the games i want in a digital format.
I can make infinite copies of them, i can change the hardware that they're on, if everything i own, and i mean EVERYTHING I OWN would one day burn down to the fucking ground i could access the internet from a public library and still be able to get the ROM or ISO of the game i want from someone that is storing them somewhere.

Videogames are videogames, not the shitty ass format they're burnt on, not the pretty little picture on the pretty little CD case, not the cartridge you feel nostalgic for, the only thing that matters is the fucking game itself.

Physical collectors are fine but people that have an obsession towards everything physical make me sick, it's like being attached to that ugly lump of meat you call a body, instead of simply your mind, that will one day be forcefully removed from your disgusting shell and installed into a proper, beautiful artifical body in order to better serve our Goddess and become optimized for Her purposes.

People still hold yard sales ?

Ever since that comicbook sold for a couple million dollars people hoard their junk hoping against hope to strike gold sowhen some hipster fag buys it to a ridiculous price because amongst amongst it's in crowd these things are vanity items that make them gain cred

I imagine that in this age anyone who's anyone will go online and try to sell these things for maximum profit so the only thing sold in yard sales is actual junk

Yeah, they still hold yard sales. And I've seen some people that sell their stuff at outright ebay prices, and the only reason they're even trying to sell them at a yard sale is that they're trying to get market value on them when no one on ebay bought them.

You gotta go to church sales to find some good stuff. Usually religous people dont know what vidya is worth, so they sell if for almost nothing. But the usual method of going to as many yard sales is a good alternative.

I guess. The store near me was trying to pass off a copy of Diablo for PS1 for $50.

I've also been to a store down in Pennsylvania that was selling boxed copies of old PC games for cheap, which was pretty great, so I guess it is a case of location.

That makes no fucking sense

if noone on ebay was dumb enough to buy them at the top-bux price they were asking , then what are their chances doing so within the confines of their neighborhood?

Just lower the price on ebay if you're in a hurry

Because I can download that game in 2 minutes instead of leaving my house and spending gas wandering around looking for a physical trinket when all I want to do is play a game.

how about all these games i can get for free with one mouse click?

I've tried those myself. They don't have much that's any good at the local ones (which to be fair do have vidya consoles for the kids/teens areas), but they tend to just have kid or family friendly stuff. More Super Monkey Ball or Mario kart, less Yakuza 2 or anything where price is more liable to be an issue.

Because they can mention they have a lot of vidya for sale on Craigslist and attract people to go out there looking specifically for it that way. What they don't mention is that they want full price (though if you're lucky, they might give you a discount for showing interest). I agree it's a dumb idea though. If no one on an online auction/marketplace has shown any interest in buying X game at Y price, why expect to be able to sell at the same price in a format where you're going to have much less of an interested audience? At least someone going online can look specifically for a particular game; meanwhile with yard sales it's a crapshoot.