First Look at Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock in Venom

I f you flip the image you can see what's in his notebook.

Tell me about Venom, why does he wear the mask?

If I take off the symbiote, will you die?

Reminder that Venom is a terrible character as long as he's not written as a petty fuck-up out to get Spidey since he's better than him.

Reminder that you're a cuck.

Next you'll be saying Carnage is good.

Yeah, he is. Go read some Squirrel Girl comics.

Yeah man, an edgy Venom is good.

Oh they were actually serious about this movie? Will Spiderman be in it? His origin can't be done without Spiderman.

Hey brockfag glad you're back and feeling better
Now kys shill

Obviously not, but being loosely based on Lethal Protector suggests that Sony might take the purposely vague approach of "He used to be based in New York, but left for some reason"

Tom Hardy needs to be less sexy.

There's no reason why Sony can't have an adult Spidey in their own universe. Hell, they're making a movie called Spider-Verse with a bunch of different Spidey's.

Can't step on Marvel's toes or confuse audiences

We've got two Flashes and two Supermen.
And two Royal Flush Gangs, for some reason.

More fucking stupid shit, oh boy cant wait
Now I'll get to see nigger tranny spiderwomen from other universes tell peter parker to check his privilege

*mmm* mumbles spider-man ruined muh life mmm

Don't man you're gonna trigger brockfag

Honestly I just want a Spiderman 2099 movie.

I want a Ghost Rider 2099 movie.

I haven't kept in touch with Spiderman stories but didn't Venom come from Spidey's black suit that he got from Richard Reed, who found the material on some space-mission he did?

Then Spidey got rid of the suit somehow after much trouble and it consumed some poor tourist (or journalist can't remember which one) who got consumed by it's power?

How are they going to make this into a superhero movie? I always thought Venom was a villain (like the rest of the world).

Yes Spidey got the suit the way you described. The suit possessed a tourist not a journalist though. Honestly, I guess they might have Venom go against someone worse or just make it like a slasher film with Venom as the villain. I still wonder why they're doing this since the only people that would see this are hardcore Venom fans not the normal movie going public.

lol, are audiences in your mind literal downies? No one would be confused.

Sad. Eddie Brock was only a straight up villain in one comic, and that's his first appearance. He became an anti-hero quicker than the Punisher.

The average normalfag is WORSE than the average downie

I wonder why homos like brockfag want to suck venom's BBC so much? Are they attracted to the symbiote itself? Or the thick aryan cock it's attached itself to, in this case Eddie Brock
Would venom spit on the back of brockfag's neck while he's widening his asshole?

No, he kept killing innocent Vault guards and cops for a while in Amazing Spider-Man.
He just kept insisting he was in the right, and that they were regrettable but necessary collateral damage. Of course he could have just webbed them up. He was more of an antivillain before he was flanderised by later writers who took his rhetoric at face value.

Have you actually read those comics, or did you just read a writeup in some article? I don't know where you kids are getting this stuff. I read those books when they came out, and I still have them somewhere. They're all available online, maybe you should try actually reading some comics sometime, instead of just skimming wiki pages to seem informed.

One of Venom's powers is having a gigantic slimy tongue so it isn't gonna happen.

It might be worth it if Toby Maguire gets at least a cameo.

Nostalgia probably. Venom was the most memetic character in that 90s cartoon

I would say Eddie was a villain with some scruples during his original run ,that being ASM 300-375. Then he started to drift more towered anti-hero.

He saved a baby and claimed he would never hurt Aunt May.
I don't think that counts as scruples, he had pretensions.
OG Venom only looks like a hero next to, say, Carnage.

He's wearing his paracord friendship bracelet from Fury Road, one among many that he made for most of the cast & crew for that movie.

That's nice of him.

Originally, Spider-man got the symbiote suit back in Battle World and it was Reed who helped him take it off. From there it went off to take on Eddie Brock, Parker's rival photographer at the time.

That's neat. Iirc, he also lowkey fumds homeless shelters too.

How come he’s not wearing his
Yamaka?

Wrong board kid.

You would think so…

OYYYYYY VEYYYYYYYY

The fuck is a yamaka? Some kind of Japanese hat?

Yes.

I would have the sex with this man.

Venom-Pig, Venom-Pig
As a guy he's pretty big

Pigs aren't people.

Literally saves babies and stops fights midway through to do it. Venom was never a straight up villain. He always was about protecting the innocent.

he murdered an innocent young nurse because he was paranoid that she was patronizing him

Kill yourself brockfag

That bitch was poking him with needles. She deserved it.

It will be extremely painful.

Isn't Carnage just the Joker?

Not really. Carnage is more of a mockery of the Joker archetype, instead of being some clever clown prince of clime, he's just a white trash serial killer who gets superpowers. Carnage isn't supposed to be charming or cool, he's just scum.

t. brock

Brockfag #2 reporting in. I’d flip shit if the new Sony movies were continuations of the old Raimi movies and reincorporated Toby. It would get a Spider-Man back in thier universe and people would be hype as fuck because it’s a Spider-Man they know and probably grew up with. As for us fags it’ll be a welcome change of pace. We had no idea how good things were back then for cape flicks. Before the MCU. Before the Quips.

Animals are inherently innocent.

I imagine the people who hate on Toby are the same people who like the idea of Spidey more than Spidey himself.

Absolutely.

To be honest I've never liked any Spider-Man actor, voice or live action.
They are always never quite right, never finding the right balance between lame dork and cool hero.
Some are too pathetic sounding, some sound waay too young even for teen Peter, and some have the complete opposite problem of making him sound too cool or manly instead of the goofy dork he is.
They just cant seem to find the right balance.

At least he's better than Garfield..dude plays Peter like a whiny bitch.

THE FUCK YOU SAY

If only you knew, user…

HAW HAW HAW

Best Spider-Man….not made in States

And? The first manga adaption of Spider-man was also pretty fucked up, so what?

Remind me…that the one where Spidey's a ninja?

Lol, like Black Cat.
"Put the mask back on, Peter."
"But Felicity-"
"PUT. THE. MASK. ON."

Of coursh.

>>>/out/

It's a hard balance. You have to be an insecure geek on one hand, but somebody who wise cracks out of date jokes like they don't care on the other. You have to be two extremes at once while making it believable. I always thought the main kid from "the perks of being a wallflower" would have been an amazing Peter, yet as good of a Peter as he could be I really don't know if he could pull off a solid Spidey.

There's a big character study in Peter and Spidey for any actor who wants to do him justice, then there's also current year writers who think "nerdy" is just a quirky person who likes pop culture. I really don't think any writer or actor is capable of pulling off a good Spider-Man or Spider-Man story any more. It makes me sad because the character genuinely meant a lot to me as a kid and preteen.

Typically people find themselves writing a nerdy character as hipster, nowadays.

Reported for being a memelord cunt.

I think that is the rub. I liked Toby, but that is because I thought he did about as well a job as anyone has of making Peter believable. I just don't think Peter as he is in the comics translates directly to real life. I believe the near split personalities work in a comic because of the Barnum effect. Whether you are a wise-cracking extrovert or internal monologging introvert, both can equally identify with the character and project onto the character. With live-action film, it is flipped and the actor projects onto us. If we don't find their performance natural and believable, the accuracy of their performance to the source material is irrelevant as we won't enjoy it.

The problem is that the writers and actors never get into the mindset of what the mask does. Once it's on Peter becomes anonymous. He could be anybody so he doesn't have to just be Peter, and in several cases he just abandoned the Spider-man identity when shit got too hot. Another thing that makes the character tick is that he's scared as shit when he fights, so what does he do? He jokes. He figures out ways to get him through the fight in the form of nervous humor that comes across as confident. He doesn't care what other people think at times like that and only cares about what he thinks to get him through the fight making him come off as this silly fun character who oozes charisma when really he's just throwing out some outdated humor he picked up around his aunt and uncle to comfort himself and protect people.

truth be told I actually really liked that aspect of her character and was sad they abandoned it. It really made the relationship between the characters extremely interesting.

He is a small man.

raimi was having a giggle wasn't he

even topher grace had proper blonde hair for the role, what is this shit

user your shiftkey is broken.

tom hardy probably doesn't believe in the role enough to commit to dying his hair.

You know its not healthy talking to yourself.

Quiet, autismo.

Take your meds brockfag

This could be interesting. Hardy as a somewhat tragic antihero.

Miss me yet?

The spidey ninja one was Mangaverse I believe which came out in the early 2000's. The first manga adaptation of Spiderman was in the 70's I think. We storytimed one of the manga's here and I remember it had something to do with a snowstorm and some person that could control it. That and it was darker than the american comics.

No. To be fair you could've been better if you had a better script that allowed the film to be split into two parts and if you worked out more and became buff.

And if the character had some of Venom's trademark self-righteousness, instead of just being a creeper.

that's the whole point of the church scene

In the comic he was playing for the strength to kill himself. In the movie he just wanted God to kill Peter.

In the comic he was praying for the strength to kill himself. In the movie he just wanted God to kill Peter.

Damn..now I want to look. It's from the 70's yeah?

Yeah, the movie made him into bigger douche. There's only so much time to set the stage for your final boss fight

Yeah, same guy who did Crying Freeman.