Halo 5 coming to Win10 PC

You want Halo 3?
FUCK YOU
dsogaming.com/news/halo-5-reported-coming-pc/#more-88623

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/NzulO
vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/4/4e/ThePit-Base1_Overview.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20071115160021
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't M$ deny this time and time again

Archive of the link

archive.is/NzulO

Halo is so irrelevant now, it's not even funny.

Halo never was good fps game series so i'll ignore it

For what purpose?

Fristly, this is bullshit. 343 said that halo 5's forge and customs would come to PC but outright said the rest wouldn't, but Halo 6 might.
Secondly, Halo 3 babies should GTFO. CE and 2 both had better MP then 3, as does 5, which .

All of that said, I hope Halo 3 does come to PC because it's been a fucking decade coming now. Ideally it'll be a fixed MCC.

H2V works fine on windows 7 for me, there's even custom servers up now to get online working again.

Except 5 has the best multi the series has had since 2. The campaign is pretty bad though.

I pirated it and played it a few years ago, and the port was fine, it was just a shit game like the rest of the series. What are you talking about?

Everything I've seen about 5 looks pretty lackluster. The inclusion of ironsights seems like a pretty shortsighted change to the flow of the multiplayer.

I'd like to hear your case for the game however.

Opinion discarded, thanks for your input

Wow, a franchise that killed itself is coming to an OS that killed itself?

x1 is officially dead.

WHERE ARE MY XBOX GAMES, Holla Forums?!

Sure.

To start with, there's no loadouts in normal MP, weapons are on map, so classic halo, not what halo 4 or reach had. Essentially, to me at least, it feels like Halo 2 with actually good weapon balance (it has the best weapon balance in the series, this is pretty uncontestable, IMO, but more on that later), and with some new movement systems on top of that.

The map design reminds me of CE and 2's maps. The introduction of thrusters and hover means that there's a huge amount of skilljumps and other nonobvious pathways around the maps that reward map familarity. Thrusters/hover/slide and all the new movement mechanics function welll without susbtially changing the gameplay to feel unhalo. Sprint is balanced because if you try to use it to runaway, your shields aren't going to recharge for a full 2 seconds after you stop sprinting, so you'll just get a hole blown through your head if you do that.

Even if you are using an automatic and the guy runs, you'll still get them because automatics are actually accurate and viable guns now. The AR is outright completely usable at medium range even if the BR still has an advantage. The SMG and storm rifle are damn near power weapons out to 15 feet or so and can be used to take pots further out then that, etc. Pretty much every gun in the game is viable without them feeling too samey. This partially made possible by the fact that all guns have zoom now, which while it looks like ironsights, as you say, isn't mechanically because it doesn't slow down your movement, and guns are still highly accurate without it, so it's really just old halo style zoom on more guns, restyled to look like iron sights.

tl;dr it feelc competive and balanced in the same way CE and 2 did for me in 4v4 that 3 just didn't do as good a job with.

Obviously, the game isn't perfect. it doesn't have any native BTB maps. it does have native maps for warzone, which is a new mode sorta like invasion in reach but with 24 players total rather then the normal 16 max, and there's AI spawns on map too. It's fun but it's not invasion level fun, though there's also a firefight varient where it's just you vs the AI. At launch, the game also had barely any maps and didn't have forge, but that's been corrected via free updates, and 5's forge is almost a PC map editor now with sound emitters, material editing for objects, placable volumes of fog and other effects, time of day settings, etc. Pic related shows a thunderstorm made in it, for example.

The biggest issue is it lacks local play, so for MP you need to have XBL gold and play online, which is a huge dealbreaker for a lot of people and I don't blame them. But the actual gameplay and all of that is great.

That's a big tree.

To clarify, it DOES have btb maps and btb matchmaking, but they are forge maps, so that's what I mean by no native btb maps. It's also worth noting despite my praise for the map design for the 4v4 maps, visually/thematically they are bland and are mostly just UNSC environments, but the actual layouts are very solid IMO.

As far as the single player, the campaign missions are well designed but are pretty short, as is the campaign overall. The story is probably the weakest, notwithstanding 4's which was obviously complete garbage. Music wise, marty still isn't doing it, so it's not better then any of the bungie games in that department, but the music is still really good and it feels like halo music even if it's obviously not marty doing it.

So, overall: great MP, meh SP. Huge potential for amazing customs due to how good forge is now, but the fact the MP is essentially online only is justifiably worrying.

Would I suggest you get an xbone for it? No, but if you already have one and like Halo and have xbox live gold, i'd say you should get it and play it. Some more forge webms, also

There's plenty of shit to criticize 5 over but it being unbalanced isn't one of them. They are pandering to esports, but i'm pleasantly surprised that it's not resulting in fucking cancrous bullshit like that did back in the halo 2/3 days where MLG was literally sabotaging the balance of the game to keep the BR OP

Also, for warzone, just don't buy reqpacks with real money. There's no reason to, you earn enough points buy playing the game normally and you aren't at a disadvantage for doing so. There's like 3 fucking layers of gameplay systems in warzone so you can't just drop really good reqs right away or in successon

So what else does the Boner have? Because I don't even know anymore.

WHAT IS HALO ONLINE!?!

That doesnt make sense. This is the 2nd part of a new trilogy when people didnt even play the prior two games.

But is MS just doing this to bury the Xbone at this point? As cool as this is, I aint gonna upgrade to Windows 10, especially when I heard Quantum Break runs like shit.

They should just bring in Halo 3 because at the very least that game was functional.

Tainted by the stink of gopnik, 343i, and P2W bullshit. No amount of modding can remove it all.

Wonderful!

Raiden as a timed exclusive and Forza Horizon 2 rest is shit.
I dont knoe how they managed to fuck up Panzer Dragoon, but they did

It's a shame Bungie left for Activision, they really know how to do good worldbuilding.

Has it gotten any better, does it have actual objective gametypes yet and real BTB maps? I do enjoy halo but frankly I hated 5 on the first few months, Warzone was fun but man fuck a lot of the maps. Fuck resubbing to XBL for ugly armors that just make shit confusing.

I really enjoyed Halo over the years but I just want to go back to Halo 2, it was the most fun. But PC is dead and MCC is a joke. I still remember the days servers shut down for the original XBL.

Are they going to port the master beef collection?

HPC

H2V

Now let's look at Custom Edition and H2V

Editing kit locked down super tight, modders unable to do much of anything

Modding kit sorta locked down, amazing maps made, even more amazing maps when HEK+ is released

At least we can still shitpost memes on Halo Online

For now

A few of the newer novels are really good, they remind me of the nylund ones actually

I love windows 10

I have contracts lined up for 8 months to remove the nag/stealth download. All I have to do is double click the .reg file I threw together in about 30 seconds.

I spend all of that delicious (paid) spare time trying to beat my daily fap record.

Obligatory "Halo was always shit" post.
Just because you liked it as a kid doesn't mean you don't have shit taste.

Why is everyone hyped for halo 2 now? Back then when that game came out nobody gave a shit about it and played the first one instead. Even the halo 2 maps that got ported to halo got barely any attention.

Because when things first come out, everybody hates it until the initial jaded kneejerk reaction and cynicism wears off and honest opinions come out.

When Halo 2 first came out, people thought the arbiter was shit, and all the lore in the story was lame.

Those people were being fucking stupid and thankfully the consensus is now that yes, they were being fucking stupid and the arbiter is great and the lore in halo 2's store is what makes it arguably have the strongest story of any halo game

Halo 5's MP is good, see

343 knows that MCC on PC would eclipse anything and everything subsequently launched.

And daily reminder that Halo 5 sold less than Titanfall. Not even Top 10 most popular games on xbone. This is how dead the series is now.

what was that multi player level that was like a warehouse? I think it was for Halo:reach.

you're thinking of foundry from H3

which got ported to Custom Edition, with the added bonus of the forlift being driveable and the forks actually working

I think that it was the pit.
vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/4/4e/ThePit-Base1_Overview.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20071115160021