Is there a decent diablo-styled game with anime art style?

Is there a decent diablo-styled game with anime art style?
I'm a huge fucking weeb, but also like me some monster clicker loot fests.
Alternatively something sci-fi themed with robots, laser swords and the like.
Ideally both.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/230310/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ys? I dunno. It's a top down aRPG, but I don't think it's really anything like diablo to tell the truth.

Closest thing I know would be Lost Ark.

If you don't mind some golden axe thrown into the soup then Dragon's Crown is pretty fun.

I have zero fucking idea what could have triggered you.

Yeah, it's more of an arcade action with RPG elements. I played some of them, and it's now what I'm looking for.

Looks more like Tera with top-down camera. Does it really have diablo-styled loot system, or it's your traditional mmo approach where all dropped armor are reskins of 5 different models and the only visual variety comes from pay-to-dressup?

It's nothing like diablo though, except maybe for the fact that you pick up gold. Still a top notch game.

I'm assuming you're mostly looking for loot-fests? ARPG games that have randomized loot and whatnot?

The Witch and the Hundred Knight has Diablo-like gameplay, although it's rather light.

I think the Dreamcast game Record of Lodoss War is also Diablo-like, but I've never played it.

And while it's not really Diablo-like, you'll probably dig the Rune Factory series.

Also, before you look up The Witch and the Hundred Knight and go
Keep in mind that it's uncensored and pretty faithful to the original translation.

Just avoid the PS3 version, it has a game breaking bug.

Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst could possibly scratch this itch

The director based a lot of its mechanics on Diablo when he was making it because he had happened to be playing it at the time

Never

Sorry OP but your choices are pretty strictly limited to white piggu games in this genre. Nips never really seemed to embrace loot clickers.

Well, there's this.
store.steampowered.com/app/230310/
Looks good aesthetically, but apparently it's ruined by f2p shit.

Yes exactly. There were plenty of genre shitstorms there recently, so I tried to no trigger anyone. Apparently I still did.

I don't have PS3 or 4. But it looks interesting.

I was hoping for something newer. I think I can emulate DC, but how will it play with kb+m? Does armor even reflect on characters models properly?

I played it a lot. It is really reminiscent of Diablo 1, even though armor was just tron lines thingie.
Unfortunately PSO2 is more of a Musou game with cosmetics being completely separate from your gear. It's pretty cool online grinder, but why it is even called PSO I have no idea.

Where do you think you are?

I mean japs mostly do grindy shit, how the hell they didn't strike random loot centered ARPGs market?
Even oh so praised Souls games have things to grind for.

I'm not a huge fan of these things. Also color palette is eye-melting.

Yeah nah

Xanadu Next

Kek.

Zombie shooter 1 and 2?

Even if this is not a Diablo clone by no means and an SRPG. You may give a try to Disgaea.
You can at least emulate Disgaea 1 and 2.

Anything that isn't grorious nippon is western pigs, you shitlord.

Great way to make one lose interest completely.
Does equipment at least appear properly on character?

Played them as well as Alien branch, good shit, but not anime.
That being said another elaborate diablo-clone with twin stick shooter combat would just as awesome

I'm too old and impatient for that shit.
While I respect the genre, I don't play it anymore, I just can't bother.

Tree of savior maybe?

i wanna jamazon my dick into her asshole

m8 it's an isometric action RPG, they haven't progressed a whole lot in the last 20 years.

It's a good game, you can craft weapons, and you will get your ass destroyed quite often when you wander into somewhere you're too low level for. It has more RPG mechanics than diablo, and enemies don't respawn.

Do everyone a favor and drink bleach

Shining Force Neo and Shining Force EXA for PS2.

Which is weird, because they've never struck me as anti-grind at all. And they sure don't mind games with minimal direct character control (which is what kills diablo style games for me, I hate click-to-move and skillbars.) So I'd think it'd be a genre they'd have embraced.

Of course, to this day I've still never gotten that authentically animu FPS I've always wanted, so I'm no stranger to wishing for stuff Japan simply will not touch.

DEVILIAN all the way

How about no?

kek, go on, let me laugh at you while you try to prove your premade/empty statement

the only clas you have to pay for is because it came with an expansion …

D3you had to pay for reaper of soul if you wanted to do reaper of soul's content
here no, only if you want to play the new class.

Free to play.

You can't even trade for fucks sake because it's behind a paywall. There's a fucking reason that even Steam reviews is at mostly negative.

It's a fucking abomination, a typical Trion game that is just a moneytrap. All the updates are just fucking cashgrabs.

This game is even worse than Diablo 3 with the expansion, it's that bad.

it says free to play not freeware

sounds like a freemium to me

wonder why i never hear tf2 referred to as freemium

marvel heroes forbid trade too
i dare you to say it s p2w

diablo III also heavily restrict trade
yet you arent even complaining.

i think you should go back, you are humiliating yourself.

I tried it. It's so very bad it almost made me cry. Such good art-style and nice graphics wasted.

There appears to be an anime of the same name. Do I need to watch it first, or they're interchangeable?

I played them, they're not really diablo-clones. Even though moreso than Ys for example.

That's not anime though. It has this weird korean MMO design to it, like in Lineage 2 and Aion. It certainly feel eastern, but not japanese.

I've heard Soma Bringer for the DS is Diablo-esque. Has a fan translation too. Never given it a go myself though.

I tried to play it a while back.
It was decent, but person that came up with the idea of making 3D game on a tiny ass screen should hang himself.
You can barely see shit most of the time.
The reason I ignored 3DS completely, it's a joke.

Soma Bringer for the DS

Don't think it matters. I don't think the game had much of a story.

Rift had the best mmo launch I've ever seen. Too bad Rift was a WoW clone. They did so much well and continued to take good ideas and put in the game. Shit man, rifts are cool as fuck. The game has plenty of content up to max level and pvp gives you exp. If you wanted, you can level up entirely by murdering other players.

Man talking about this makes me want to install again. It's not what it used to be, but it's still not too bad.

sadly : it is …

they fucked up the HP ratio yet they didn t change the shield mechanics .. thus tons of build became useless.

unless your full heal : you wont heal more than what a basic monster will give you.

small sustain heal are useless . the regen when out of combat is 10 time stronger . so better burst your target .

they really fuck it up with the 3rd expansion (the one underwater)

i dont know how it is now, they i know they just can t simply go back the way it was . it may be even worst now

you rollface on the lvl 1-60 content due to this new HP ratio who is affecting ALL THE LEVEL (so it was not just the item lvl 61+ who are OP giving you tons of stat they broke their entire game.)

remember the invasion ? where you had to team up to defend your region ?
well now with the HP ratio you can solo an entire wave and this without havign a level scalling.
no need to drink or anything: the out fo combat regen speed is base on %hp.(even wow didn t dare to do that)

it is really, really bad last time i check.
and again: they can t just turn back, because at the time they said they wont.