Oblivion Modding

Okay, Holla Forums, I done fucked up.

I've spent the last few days modding my Oblivion game, and I think I went one mod too many or some shit. Throughout the introductory dungeon crawl, there were several "wtf this is a missing mesh" things, and when I tried to exit the sewers the fucker CTD'd on me. This problem goes away if I turn the graphics right the fuck down. When I used Refscope, the shit that was missing is all related to Oblivion.esm.

I poked around for some info and there was some mentioning of adding a few mods to my Oblivion.ini, except here's the kicker: there's no freakin' Oblivion.ini file anywhere. The default is there, but not a stand-alone.

I feel like I'm one god-damned step away from getting this game to run like silk, and that step is finding/generating the fucking Oblivion.ini.

Also I keep running BOSS but I have no idea what's up here. It says there's no conflicts and everything is awesome. I used Wyre Bash to install everything. This is my load order:

Active Mod Files:
• 00 Oblivion.esm
• 01 HorseCombatMaster.esm
• 02 All Natural Base.esm [Version 1.36]
• 03 Mart's Monster Mod.esm [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 04 DLCShiveringIsles.esp
• 05 Knights.esp
• 06 Bashed Patch, 0.esp
• 07 Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
• Delinquent Master: Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
• 08 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.5.4a]
• 09 UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp [Version 1.0.0]
• 0A Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.5.8]
• 0B DeadlyReflex 6 - Combat Moves.esp
• 0C DRSplatter.esp
• 0D Mounted_Spellcasting_Deadly_Reflex_Compatible.esp
• 0E P1DkeyChain.esp [Version 5.00]
• 0F Improved Fires and Flames - Increased Sound.esp
• 10 GMArcheryRebalance.esp [Version 1.0]
• 11 No psychic guards v1.2.esp
• 12 Sounds of Cyrodiil.esp [Version 1.1]
• 13 SM Combat Hide.esp [Version 1.2]
• 14 xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp [Version 1.1.1]
• 15 xuldarkforest.esp [Version 1.0.5]
• 16 xulStendarrValley.esp [Version 1.2.2]
• 17 xulCheydinhalFalls.esp [Version 1.0.1]
• 18 xulChorrolHinterland.esp [Version 12.3]
• 19 xulFallenleafEverglade.esp [Version 1.3.1]
• 1A xulAncientRedwoods.esp [Version 1.6]
• 1B xulSilverfishRiverValley.esp [Version 1.0.4]
• 1C xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp [Version 1.6.5]
• 1D xulImperialIsle.esp [Version 1.6.8]
• 1E xulRollingHills_EV.esp [Version 1.3.3]
• 1F xulBlackwoodForest.esp [Version 1.1.1]
• 20 xulJerallGlacier.esp [Version 1.0.2]
• 21 xulSnowdale.esp [Version 1.0.6]
• 22 xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp [Version 1.2.2]
• 23 xulSkingradOutskirts.esp [Version 1.0.2]
• 24 xulLushWoodlands.esp [Version 1.3.3]
• 25 xulPantherRiver.esp
• 26 xulTheEasternPeaks.esp [Version 1.2]
• 27 xulPatch_AY_AC.esp [Version 1.1]
• 28 xulTheHeath.esp
• 29 xulEntiusGorge.esp [Version 1.2.1]
• 2A xulAspenWood.esp [Version 1.0.3]
• 2B xulAncientYews.esp [Version 1.4.4]
• 2C xulRiverEthe.esp [Version 1.0.2]
• 2D xulCloudtopMountains.esp [Version 1.0.3]
• 2E xulArriusCreek.esp [Version 1.1.4]
• 2F xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp [Version 1.1.3]
• 30 xulBravilBarrowfields.esp [Version 1.3.5]
• 31 All Natural - Real Lights.esp [Version 1.36]
• 32 All Natural - SI.esp [Version 1.36]
• 33 All Natural.esp [Version 1.36]
• 34 Mart's Monster Mod - Additional Enemy NPC Vars.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 35 Mart's Monster Mod - Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 36 Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse WaterLife.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 37 Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 38 Mart's Monster Mod - Knights.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 39 Mart's Monster Mod - City Defences.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 3A Mart's Monster Mod - Less Bone Loot.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 3B Mart's Monster Mod - Shivering Isles.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 3C Mart's Monster Mod - Farm Animals.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 3D Mart's Monster Mod - More Passive Wildlife.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 3E Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Imperial Armor.esp [Version 3.7b3p]
• 3F Mart's Monster Mod - Dungeons of MMM.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 40 Mart's Monster Mod - Extra Wounding.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 41 Mart's Monster Mod - Gems & Gem Dust.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 42 Mart's Monster Mod - Durability & Damage.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 43 Mart's Monster Mod - Hunting & Crafting.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 44 Mart's Monster Mod - Zombies for Body Meshes.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 45 Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Runeskulls Loot G&GD.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 46 Mart's Monster Mod - Slof Horses Complete.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 47 Mart's Monster Mod.esp [Version 3.7b3p3]
• 48 Dynamic Map.esp [Version 2.1.1]
• 49 All Natural - MMM Patch.esp [Version 1.3]
• 4A Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp
• 4B Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp
• 4C Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp
• 4D WindowLightingSystem.esp
• 4E Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp [Version 2.0]

PICTURE IS NOT FROM MY GAME

If it's any consolation the game probably can't be salvaged anyway.

Yeah, I had the same damn problem when I googled it. If I had that fucking .ini file, I'd be set.

Also this is me from my phone, going out with friends.

Mother-fuckin' verified.

So basically I'm looking to get some suggestions/ideas and shit while I'm out, and I'll field any questions.

BOSS is not perfect. You rpobably have a mod conflict. The only real way to find it is to systematically turn files off and on to identify it. I have run into this problem several times with large mods that change the scenery, and character creation stuff. What is happening exactly?

There's a few things here and there in the tutorial sewers that generate the "missing meshes" thing
Then when I exit the sewers (and if the graphics are set to high) the game will crash after loading. If they're set very low, there's some missing meshes in the water immediately surrounding the area.

addendum: Ok after looking through your mod list I can say it is almost certainly a problem with MMM. That along with several other overhauls only ever gave me problems. I don't recommend it, also you will at some point need a mod to help with crashes when you exit the game and mods that will help you run oblivion with lots of mods in general. Yes you read right, you will need a mod to help you quit the game

Recently played moded Oblivion, why do you need a mod to help with the crashes when you exit? It never bothered me.

Welcome to Bethesda games, where even if you somehow manage to get it working, you're still in for a shitty time

this is wrong, you can have fun with anything if you try. I had a lot of fun with oblivion, walking around, looking down at my bouncing boobies. make sure you get a hotkey mod if u wanna do magic

I had between 100 and 200 mods, trust me you will need it eventually. The mod helps the game shut down in a quote "clean way". Otherwise it will just freeze

Also about the MMM mod, to test if it is that mod you will likely need to un-install it. I remember the last time I used it some changes were still there even after disabling it, and when I un-installed several things were missing. I had to actually re-install the game

Well damn. Thanks for the tip though. And everyone else. Is there a stable-er monster mod out there?

I used something like more diverse monsters but it didn't add much. I would have liked something better because Oblvion itself has such a pathetic amount of enemies.

Not together, you will have to shop around to find them. Honestly you may be able to find help for MMM in the comments, but that to requires searching. I could never oscuro's overhaul to work completely either. I just avoid such mods, too much can go wrong

Bashed Patch always loads way lower in the order and generally only works for cosmetic shit. It sounds like you need to reinstall because most of those don't even look like conflicts. Then again you might be missing the universal skeleton mesh which helps a lot with monster mods. One thing that will help is cleaning your messy edits through TESEdit, it's overwhelming at first but really easy to do and generally fixes most WTF missing mesh errors.

I clean the hell out of MMM and still got the same problem as before. I've removed it and am doing my third clean install for this round of mods. Deleted the entire fuckin' data folder. Probably gonna need to put script extender and shit back in, too.

I don't mind it. MMM woulda been nice but that's some buggy fucking shit right there. Everything was great until I installed it.

Fucking wait. I don't have the god-damned MMM.bsa file and it's nowhere to be fucking found. All of the links are dead.

Final Update:

There's an MMM 3.8, and the download includes the BSA I need an a readme. Trying that now, I think it ought to fix the problems I've been having. Fresh install is also in the oven so I'll be getting to that right quick.

Give up, no matter how many mods, oblivion will remain shit.

Nah.

Yeah, like literally playing with shit.

Oblivion is shit even with mods*
I should learn how to write before memeing others

You should and no matter how many ebin greentext stories you post oblivion will always remain shit.

Yes, you made your point already. Are you going to stay here and say "Oblivion is shit" to anyone who disagrees with you?

Yes. Oblivion fans should be used to railroading.

OP here for the last time (for really).

I quit for tonight. Tomorrow I'll take a breather and get real world shit done, then go one at a time on Thursday and see what the fuck is going on.

It will always be shit

So long as it's shit that will distract me from the catastrophe that is waking life, I will strive to maintain the prettiest god-damned turd you've ever fucking seen.

If you are devoted to this idea of modding Oblivion then you can always turn all the mods off except for one, start the game, quit, add another one, and do it all over again until all of your mods are either working or you find the one that isn't playing well with the others.

Yeah, that's exactly what my plan is on Thursday. Go through the modding guide that I used, go one at a time in their order, and get to my sneaky elf murderthief.

All I wanted to do was shoot a wide swathe of victims in the head with a bow.

Then good luck, personally I find it more interesting to get Bethesda games to work with a ton of mods then play them anymore.

I do the same. Every few months (though it's been years for Oblivion) I take a Bethesda game from scratch, mod it to shit, play it for a few weeks happy as a clam, then abandon it.

Oblivion can at least be modded into a halfway okay RPG, no amount of modding can make Skyrim into anything looking remotely like an RPG, you can make it into a surprisingly okay survival game though.

Op's experience is pretty much how i fuck with fallout 4 right now…

You both have shit taste and brain problems.

I agree with

Go away, cuck.

A: It's my thread.
B: I'm telling him that Fallout 4 is a shit game and a waste of time by agreeing with you.

No.

It is, though.