Xbox

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_Windows_versions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

to be devils advocate
bad naming isn't the worst thing microsoft has done

sage for a thread with barely any topic to discuss

thats because windows switches between acceptable and shit.

You mean the Mega Drive burger?

The jump from Xbox to Xbox 360 is perfectly understandable. With the PS3 coming out, MS didn't want to be putting out an Xbox 2. Your average consumer (read: retard) would look at the Xbox 2 and PS3 next to each other and assume the PS3 was a generation ahead. This was an extremely smart decision on MS' part considering the fuck up that was the WiiU's name. To this day, there are people who don't know the WiiU is a whole new system and not just a tablet controller peripheral for the Wii.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

What does DS even stand for? Digital System? Dark Souls?

pretty sure its duel screen

dual screen* fuck

It should have been

That way it would have followed the pattern setup by the NES, Nintendo 64,and Gamecube.

How do you make near 8000 fucking consoles?

It's because they became self aware for 5 minutes and realized that all odd numbered editions of windows are shit and for some reason they thought skipping 9 would make 10 magically good.

It was to prevent software incompatibility. During testing they found lots of programs thought it was Windows 95/98, so to keep things simple they just skipped 9.

It's still a pile of shit though and you shouldn't use it.

Increments of 2600
Don't ask me why

It was their first good console.

But why?

3 letters, 3 dimensions, shortening for convenience.

Wikipedia says,
So it's like star wars

DSi was profoundly stupid on the part of everyone involved, it was a DS with a 3DS camera and support for [drum roll] calculator apps.

2DS though is a great economy-model for a 3DS, cheap as hell, built like a brick and my only regret with it is there isn't a New 2DS.

The only problem I have with this is the NEW 3DS part

MS was good, fuck you. Couldn't compare to the NES, though. Just like with the Genesis and the SNES

A handful of DSiWare is good, FlipNote was fun as fuck, but that combined with Camera and Sound did not make up for the removal of GBA compatibility at all.

PSX
PS2
PSone

at the least GNU/Linux doesn't have an abomination like Windows

oh wait it does

thats retarded

Linux is literally version 4 because Linus Torvalds got tired of seeing version 3

Because they fucked up with naming on version 4 (95 and NT4) and 4.10 (98)
And now they have to jump a version so programs dont think they run on either of those

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_Windows_versions
Not that gates was that good at predictions but this is what you get when you give marketers too much power

you forgot Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R

Still could have given it a face name of 9 though.
No reason the name of the system would mess with anything in the written code.

What happened to Battlefield 5 through 1941?

Funny thing about that. Apparently, driver incompatibility is a pain in Win10 because incrementing to 10 required vendors to rewrite their driver code; previous versions were hardcoded to check for a single digit number (due to MS' own guidelines for driver development).

And it was completely unnecessary; see .

I think they did it to attract morons who use Mac OSX boxes.

IT'S BECAUSE 7 ATE 9. I WANT TO FUCKING DIE.

Squeenix you fucking hacks

you forgot 2.8 final prologue

Why did they skip 9? Now they ruined that trend. It's all shit from now on.

9x compatibility. Many developers profiled windows 98, 95, etc. as "windows 9" to easily provide support for them. So having a Windows 9 would cause some issues.

Win10 isn't as bad as everyone is saying. It's a lot better than 7.

I'm actually kind of hype to see what 2d mario we will get now that mario maker is out.

The point of Super Mario Maker is that we will never get another 2D Mario game again, you fucking idiot.

There won’t be a Portal 3 because of the collaborative testing initiative, either.

Considering how much they sell, theres no way we wont get another.

We got a lying nigger on our hands

so does that mean windows 11 and all odd numbered ones will be good as they are all now true even numbers?

I'm pretty sure the last version of windows is going to be 10 and they're making it an ongoing service through continuous updates. Thats why theyre shilling it so hard.

Does anybody truly appreciate how much Microsoft fucked up with the naming of the Xbone?

I love when shit like this happens

Are all future marios going to be 3D games with the structure of 2D games? Because I fucking hate it I want galaxy 3.

Well they had best get around to adding all the features that are missing. For example the entirety of SMB2 and SML features. MM, as it is right now, is a mediocre 2D Mario game.

are you making excuses for your shitty levels?

Are you saying that MM is perfectly okey-dokey as it is right now?

don't forget not being able to package together a group of stages like an overworld chapter

daily reminder that Windows 7 and 8 have received updates to implement the exact same spying shit that's in 10

nope

daily reminder that they're easy as shit to remove

GNU/Linux is a classification, not an OS.

they had alot more fanboys/bigger install base by that point, less of a risk

also microsoft xbox division got a lot more incompetent since that new guy(phil spencer I think?) took over. Not suprising they make mistakes like that.