PFFFFFT HAHAHAHA

PFFFFFT HAHAHAHA
Pedigree means nothing.
That old game you like is good because of the team that worked on it, not the fags who take the credit.

Looks alright

What are you on about user? That looks visually pretty good.

Great thread, man

this is actually looking very promising

What exactly is the issue? Looks like a Castlevania clone with updated graphics.

Sorry you didn't get your opinion validated, OP

Could you explain what you have a problem with user?

This is has something autistic to do with it being 2.5D, doesn't it?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THAT RUNNING ANIMATION? IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT. THEY HAVE THE MONEY FOR MOCAP, DO IT.

For starters, the texture artist needs to commit suicide.
The animator too.
Composer? Kill him as well.

It looks alright. Nice animations, detailed backgrounds and the music doesn't make my ears bleed. We'll have to wait and see what the enemies and combat look like though, but this is promising.
Just because Mighty 9 Delays and the 3.3 gorillion dollar man are fuck ups doesn't mean every other game is going to be the same.

Both Mighty no 9 and the game in OP's video look like they belong on the sega saturn

Mighty no 9 looks like it belongs on a nokia ngage.
This looks okay in my opinion.

The composer's Michiru Yamane, who did the music for Bloodlines, Symphony of the Night, Aria of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia, that's a short list even just of the Castlevania titles she worked on. So you don't even believe what you said in the OP?

How much did you spend?

Past their prime. This music is terrible.

Running makes me think of subspace emissary in brawl

Looks exactly like I would expect from a Castlevania game after playing Aria/Dawn of Sorrow and the other metroidvanias.

Is this just angry MN9 backers?

Looks more like something made for the Vita, I think you might exaggerating.

come on, it's 2016
why can't we have animations that don't transition like dogshit

The instrumentation's rough, the composition's fine. Why did you change your ID?

The japanese aren't really known for their animation quality but this is bad even for a jap game.

This doesn't look that bad at all.

She runs like a castlevania character. They definitely want to go with the same look as the 2d games while going 2.5, and that's not a bad idea. Just have to smooth it out some, which is nothing but a few keyframes.

Explain to me what's wrong with the animations because I'm not seeing it.

Composition is shit and so is the production.

What seems to be the problem?

Yeah bro. Webm that shit. Show youtube who's boss!

I still dont get what kind of underage faggots here still dont know whats work in progress.

It looks ok, I didnt back it so I dont give a shit either way.
Maybe pick up down the line if the game is actually good.

Musics fucking terrible though.

Seeing as you're the only person in the thread with such a strong negative reaction to the clip, you're going to have to support yourself. "It's shit" won't cut it.

Clearly

Textures, art, etc. are okay. Not great but okay, I'm not feeling uptight about that.

Mostly interested in platforming and movement mechanics, which so far are exactly what I want from a Castlevania title. Music is subpar but not bad enough to hurt the experience for me. It won't be the best game in the series (assuming you extend that to include SotN and on) but so far I don't see anything to make me think it'll be bad. It could definitely serve as an excellent platform to run the rest of the series off.

I think some of the people complaining might be under a different set of expectations, since what I'm looking for here is really just "castlevania: the DS game" on PC. I'm not particularly concerned about mocap or anything as long as it gives me the same kind of basic, visceral enjoyment that the previous entries of the series do.

Now if they fuck up the boss fights or something I'll be pissed but this isn't evidence of that.

?????

Having seen this for the first time in this thread I am not impressed.

Pros
The backgrounds look good
Some nice graphical effects with the water and the lighting

Cons
Bland as hell looking character
The character and objects you interact with stand out way too much and lack the detail of the backgrounds
We don't see any attacks or other animations other than walking/running, and idling
Because of the music for the video can't really comment on the sound either
We don't see any enemies or anything really besides one level and some movement

If this was meant to be something to encourage people, I don't see how. It kinda looks pretty is all you can say that's positive

Watching it again, they put a LOT of effort into getting the running animation right.

Take a look at Shanoa's animations, particularly when you start running from a standstill, turn around mid-movement, or stop at the end of a run.

They even copied the same animation glitches 2d had. Bloodstained pays attention to details, can't fault them there.

Since the Animations Didn't Necessarily have transitions in the metroidvania games?

Are you the same kind of person who complains when fighting games have very little frames too, even when they are 3D?

Since it looks like she's running against the current in the ocean.

Though I will admit that the running animation looks a little weak, it's not very weighty. Having her lean forward slightly and step/move marginally faster would improve this considerably, at the moment it feels more like a "very hurried walk".

Feels mostly like a loose movement demo to me. It feels very DS/GBA-era Castlevania in how the character jumps (arc, animations), platform drops, etc. It's meant to be nostalgic rather than a showcase. It's meant for fans of the series.

Except that they are wasting the budget on hot garbage.

It's the exact same animation even when she's out of the water, and pretty well every character from SotN onwards in these Metroid-styled entries had similar animations, except for CotM. Did you play them?

So you haven't played Symphony of the Night, Order of Ecclesia, Portrait of Ruin or Any of the games where every character runs like that?

I am beginning to think a lot of people here a cock hungry whores who crave for the next tortanic/mighty number 9 cock flop

it looks pretty okay, are you just upset that Mighty No. 4Million is getting shittalked for being garbage

Before that, just assume they're part of the minority that just thinks everyone should hate everything.

But the MN9 flop isn't even over yet

some halfchan tier shitposting OP

what is every 2d castlevania?

haha

with a Cock Up so huge, they tends to be big flop.

I am sticking with my guns with the cock hungry whore analogy

Except that it's not a 2D game retard?

Those are 2D. It works in 2D. This looks retarded.

Nigga, this is a 2.5d game made specifically to appeal to nostalgia.

Of course it's going to try to look like the 2d games. Are you on drugcaine?

Then do 2D graphics. This is shit.

It's a game you play in a 2D plane, it's 2D. Not even the first game like that in the series, Dracula X Chronicles was the same way.

Please don't

The fuck are you talking about? Frame dropping is a fuckhuge issue in fighting games.

And it's been over 20 fucking years, it looks like shit and pretending the shit is supposed to be a homage to older games is fucking stupid.

You've lost it

Reading is hard, I get it. Why did you change your ID again?

It doesn't translate to 3D. Looks like shit.
They should have made it 2D.

Yes, you're right user. This game should of been like Castlevania 64. Thats what everyone wanted.

Its always fun to see those starved of salt want to dig their claws into something and hope it sticks. I wish you better luck in the next thread you visit, where you will no doubt try and paint the picture that every should hate this game

I am getting tired of these forced on circle jerk mentality that seems to be enforced on every game that ever comes out here.

Its not pretending, it is trying to do what the other games did, for better or for worse.

Secondly, you moved the goal post there. Fighting games tend to prefer twitchy animations ala the sprited games of that genre. They also have a habit of flipping the model like they flip the sprites for hitbox reasons, too.

But then again, I doubt you know what you are even talking about user.

I'm not talking about graphics there, I'm talking about the movement orientation of the game, what people call "2.5D" is really 2D gameplay with 3D graphics.
double retard

Also, people in this thread understand that "3D graphics", once rendered on you screen, become 2D images, right?

3d is also a lot easier these days.

Listen, man. They're super fucking close to having both the feel of the old games and the practical benefits of 3d. Give it time, a few keyframes away from perfection is a lot closer than most modern games get.

You backed the game and are in denial, i get it and i'm sorry for your loss.

I'm saying they should have made this with sprites or 2D art. This looks like a monstrosity. A total mess.

Then they're being pedantic. The assets are 3D in this game.

Less work. Shitty result. Who would have guessed.

Oh I know that's how they all work but this is the one time I'll say it feels too nostalgic. It looks a bit out of place (to me) with the much higher resolution. If anything it feels like it does so moreso than most entries in the series, possibly due to the larger resolution. Making the walk cycle slightly more weighty would be, in my opinion, nice.

I really, really like the nostalgic factors of it (how the jump is, etc.) but I feel like the walk cycle clashes a little bit with the new platform. The rest fit in perfectly fine and feel "right", in both isolated and retrospective contexts. The walk cycle feels right in the latter, but not the former. At least to me.

Nice Strawman.

The models don't even look that bad. Because something is 3D, it doesn't automatically make it shit.

Is this some sort of inverse bait or something?
The animations are pretty accurate to how the 2D Metroid-influenced Castlevania games were despite being in 3D.
Backgrounds look good but the player and chests pop out too much even if it is preferable to the opposite gameplay-wise.
Music's eh but it doesn't fit the area at all so it might be a placeholder.
Looks alright, but lacks polish. Definitely beats the shit out of Mighty No.9 at any point of development.

That's not so big of a feat tbh family.

this
Being 3d, I'm more worried about it lacking that pixel precision like MN9. Of course, they could actually know what they are doing like the group behind New Super Mario. Complain all you want about wall jumping making the game too easy our absurd amount of sequels, but the mechanics themselves actually make for a functional 2.5d platformer.

Niche fighting games that are based on sprites or GG which emulates sprites/anime. Such games are 'twitchy' because fluid sprite animations are hard and even so the devs are always improving. Have you actually played a game older than Super Turbo?
And there are infinitely more fighting games that don't employ this style.

Holy mother of shill.

No shit, shitposter. I was making a comparison since both games have Inti Creates involved in the development and had similar kickstarter campaigns, although they're only partly responsible for the Jewfanune scam.

Marvel VS Capcom 3 and Killer Instinct also do it. As I mentioned, I don't think you have much knowledge in this genre. Also, I would like to hear about this "Infinite" amount that came out after street fighter 4. And no, 3D Fighters don't count, Dear Little user.

I am sorry not everyone bends over and agrees with everything you faggots says. I am sure OP was pretty cocksure he was going to get the response he wanted with the obnoxious drivel he wrote.

It essentially looks and feels like a cheap Vita spin-off title.
Wich isn't too bad all things considered but i was expecting something more.

It does look profesionally made but nothing i would even remotely get hype for, it looks like one of those bargain bin kind of games that you pick up for a couple of bucks, play them, finish them, and forget about them after having a mediocre experience that wasn't good nor bad, but just meh.

It's not terrible, but if i backed this project i would feel like i wasted my money right now, this level of quality doesn't justify any form of backing so far, any AAA publisher would've greenlit this project for the Vita very easily with minimal creative control pressure required, just a run of the mill kinda game.

Oh yes, and also King of Fighters.

I will give you five minutes to list more fightings games after Street Fighter 4 then the ones I listed. If not, you can be free to change your ID and continue to shitpost.

Looks alright. Animations need work, though, but I assume it'll be better once it releases.

No they fucking don't you arrogant fuck. The animations are fluid, what you're referring to is halting of animations which is done for the sole purpose of hit confirming. You are amazingly stupid.

'All movies are in black and white'
'No these coloured ones don't count you pleb'

I don't know if you're a shill, a fucking idiot or a troll.

I would but you would move the goal posts. Or just shit all over them.

I will give you Tekken 7, then.

and I am arrogant for a reason; I haven't talked to such a stupid fucker like you awhile around here. If I am to presume that you are the same person with very, very similar posting styles through out this thread, It is safe to assume I haven't seen some one fall fucking flat on all their points as much as you have.

Oh yeah, Times up. Here's a little fun fact for you, Little user.

THEY REALLY ISN'T, YOU DENSE LITTLE SHIT

already looks better than Mn9

I'm going to start making a compilaton of all the fucking op's that do this shit.

it doesn't seem half bad so far in terms of the platforming. What I would like to see is some of the combat before I pass judgement.
On the graphics and what we've seen, I think there's a lot more polish to be had, in particular with the ship rocking and having the character react to it rather than just rotating the screen.

It looked just as shitty in nearly all of the other new style Castlevanias. IGA always makes the movement incredibly slow and boring as fuck, and makes most of the rooms boring hallways with a monster or two that pose no threat. Then he throws in a bunch of stupid toys to distract from the fact that the game has no actual gameplay substance.

Thank God Circle of the Moon exists to show how a Castlevania game should be made, but sadly that team got absorbed into IGA's shitty team after IGA realized he got his ass handed to him by a team working on a fucking launch game for a handheld.

OP? Nah, he makes one- or two-line posts, nothing that wordy

IDs are an amazing feature, goon.

Like I've said the animations are smooth which halt because we're talking about moves which are literally fractions of seconds. Tekken, VF and games like MK don't do it because of the slower movesets.

When you become a superhuman and are able to confirm in the exact frame a 3f normal hits it'll stop. They're not a part of the fucking glitchy animation aesthetic, it's gameplay related.
The only one that is arguably is GG.

Why am I fucking bothering, I don't even care about this game. You are fucking stupid, I'm done.

Oh no, what we are going to do without you, user!

That really doesn't look strikingly bad. Don't be such a faggot, yelling screaming your head off about some relatively subtle shit. Get some restraint.

so does regurgitated dogshit

oh look it's fucking nothing

The background needs to be a bit darker than the foreground to help improve contrast, so there's a better silhouette around the platforms and the rest of the scenery. Color correction also would help set the mood a bit better, but not to the point of making everything a slight tinge of purple. Compared to the beginning area, the room at 0:43 shit looks a lot better. The texture's desperately need AA filtering. Anything at a sharp angle, like the floor and the ceiling, makes everything look like mud.

See OP, this his how you give cirque.

It's shit btw.

I don't see a reason to get your panties in a twist. It better play well though.

Not really.
You entirely focused on the graphics, not giving a single word on the gameplay or animations, all the aspects that makes a game good, or bad.

It's actually sort of disturbing and gives me some insight in how you look at video games, i worry about how you approach vidya if this is your mindset when seeing something new.

AF* filtering. Anisotropic filtering.

Maybe because I didn't have a problem with animations, and there wasn't even an ounce of gameplay to even speak of, outside of physics.

Quit playing dense.

THERE WAS NO FUCKING GAMEPLAY.

Unless you count wandering through a bunch of empty hallways gameplay, in which case, it's fucking shit.

The goddamn fuck is wrong with you?

Wait, you were ok with those animations?
Have you never played a castlevania game before?
How in the everloving fuck are those animations ok to you?

I thought you said you were going to leave the thread you fucking little shit.

Have you? I thought you were leaving this thread user?

Animations in a castlevania game must be snappy, the animations in the trailer looked wooden, slow, stiff.
If you can't tell the difference i suggest killing yourself immediately because it means you have shit taste in vidya.

And yet you are still here.

Christ, I know girls like you can't quit a man like me, but I just aint no good for you, princess.

Two posts, a minute apart, both ignorant of IDs.

Now fucking way this isn't shilltastic.

I'm the ragequitter by the way, mr marketer.

She moves exactly the same as any other Castlevania game, same pace, same speed, same reaction time. Hell her turn animation is the fucking same as Alucard's.

So wait; You are telling us both how to use IDs, whilst claiming we both are resetting our IP's?

I just want to clarify thats what you are doing. That, or you really don't know people can reset their IDs.

Also, Don't worry sweet heart, we all anonymous here.

Looks cool

The running animation looks a bit stiff, but aside from that it doesn't look bad.

So this thread is shit and OP is still a faggot

Looking good to me, and apparently everyone else.

The animation has gotten a lot better. I wouldn't say the trailer music is my favorite Castlevania-type track, but it's hitting the right vibe. Hopefully it gets cleaned up a little before release. I remain cautiously optimistic that this won't turn out terrible.

looks like they tried to recreate alucard's run from sotn, it just looks kinda weird in 3d.

backgrounds pretty much look on par with other 3d metroidvanias. it's a shame everything is monochromatic with glow lighting.

castlevania 3 was better than sotn

I-it's just a beta.

Seems fine

Nice post

looks pretty slow and floaty. Maybe they're change it.

mocap is disgusting. Anyone who encourages using it is a retard.

Looks alright to me.

Sounds autistic

Eh… better than Mighty no. 9.

People like you are why Holla Forums can't' have nice things.

That really isn't saying much.
It doesn't look bad by any stretch though. It's clearly still in development so that warrants cutting it some slack

Holy shit, it looks great.
Will it be out on PC?
If it ends up good I might get one of those cuckmachines for it even.

Looks a bit floaty in the jump animation, but is alright for the rest.
OP is just nitpicking too much.

Looks much better than MN9, that's for sure.

animations and textures usually get replaced after some development. You can clearly see boxes and some background objects are using the same texture, that probably means they are place holders to have something to show. The animations need adjustment, mainly having a sharper/faster start for each movement, that's why they look a bit floaty now.
Other than that, it looks great considering what they are aiming for, this was never going to be about muh graphix, but about bringing back a genre that has been swept under the rug for a while now.
The art style and character design are very good, let's just hope they deliver where it really matters (the gameplay).

You're a goddamn underage retard. Kill yourself.

You're a retard, too.

Jesus Christ, fucking kill yourself, you've clearly never played a Castlevania game, and this after you've said you'd leave the thread. Battered fucking housewife.

PC and consoles.

Great argument, cuck.

And for the record, the other guy was wrong. They don't look like saturn games. They look like shitty vita games.

are we being raided by shills or something?

no, we are being raided by retards who want the next might no 9 to happen, and a fucking moist at the prospect of it.

Tortanic was a Mistake. Its bred fucking faggots with a lust for failing.

Great rebuttal. Please, show me proof of animations being snappier in the 2D Castlevania games more so than what was shown here. Go play Symphony of the Night right now, and show me where the difference in snappiness is compared to this video.

Can you use your brain for longer than 10 seconds?

You have the wrong guy. But you're still a retard for thinking that 2d sprite animation will be fine if you do the same approach with 3d assets. It clearly doesn't.

Game looks alright. I'm not a fan of the 3d modelling - actually, I think 2.5d platformers a shit and I much rather prefer sprites but that graphical style is long gone now.

The character in the OP video looked a little floaty to me but whatever. I'll pirate the game when it comes out before I come to a decision.

Looking pretty good. I backed it and apparently they'll have a demo at E3 that they'll be giving to backers. So I feel getting my hands on it will be the deciding factor of whether I feel ripped off or not.

Why.

No, I'm responding to you (>>9602992), who quoted
which was directed at , which was talking about snappy animations. And yes, it does. Unless you're that autist who's buttmad about Xrd's story mode and new characters that he can't possibly learn a new fighting game, and refuse to acknowledge KoF14's trailers.

FUCK YOU CODE MONKEY, LET ME POST.

I had a look at that and it's only $60 backers so fuck that. I'd rather just wait until it comes out and see.

You didn't actually throw $60 at this game, did you user?

Daily reminder that Mr. Shitface gave advice to Iga to make the game progressive

I did. But I did it at a time when I was a little generous with my cash cause I was getting a much heartier paycheck. In hindsight, not the best choice I could have made, but it was a heat of the moment sort of thing.

Miriam a qt

It's just shills, and backers user. A few are actually offering fair criticism so it's all good

And GAF still got triggered by Miriam's tattoo

Castlevania needs to be pixel art.
Ask pixel artists to work together on fantastic castles, isometric or sidescrolling. Little repeats.

Serious, even for girls. Use settings to tell the story.

In, figure out why secondary to getting deeper, seeing more.

Start getting story encounters as you get good or level up.

Discover abilities, start with all of them. Level up makes them better, or continuous level up, very slightly better after half an hour play. Also a hidden level up as you perform varied actions and acheive new ones through extensive sustained combinations, able to assign new moves to buttons. Moves continually getting more spectacular.

A dark path of cheating abilities like double jump, attacking all enemies on screen at health cost, jumping from wall to wall. Invenrebility etc. Game breaking, making it too easy and skipping sections that required git gud.

Castle more welcoming you home. Attacks don't kill unless you chose the dark path, far stronger attacks.

The top not the ending.

As you play defeating enemies the hard way and seeing every secret if te castle you gain some bond with them, are able to move through the landscape as they do. For bats, see in caves. Dark path use a torch. For crocodiles or sharks, swim amongst them and deeper under water for longer. Dark path blowing them up and breathing underwater or emptying it. Fast animals, navigating the landscape fast. Dark path kill them and trap them. Etc.

After reaching the top you see angry villagers in hoardes going to burn women or raid the castle killing every "abonination". Having played hard you go to stop them. Having played on easy they die and you're congradulated after defeating a placeholder, perhaps looking monsterous, broken bones and such badly healed. His encounter on hard ends with them fixed, painful but improved.

Maybe to hint at new areas when you can't find a way forward a woman runs past you and navigates a part of the landscape, swims etc. Coming here in desperation. Find out why later. Maybe all for one woman.

Real end you die or win against a tide of villagers. They're scared off. Or a passage to the castle is sealed.

You stand high on the seal holding the woman.

If a supernatural element is needed she bites your neck.

Oh we're poisoning the well for this game already?

Good, lord knows I am sick and tired of seeing videogames talked about on the videogames board.

Can't wait for Mark to make a sticky about this game that will be nothing but a shitposting haven full of porn and gore just like the Doom and Overwatch ones are.

2.5D is so jarring to the eyes, why do devs keep doing games in this style? I just want Metal Slug levels of animation and quality

does it bother anyone else that everything in the background is stiff as fuck? The net dosen't move when you jump on it, the lamps don't move with the boat

mocap will make it look like shit, hire an actual animator instead of relying on shit lazy outdated techniques.

I like how it looks. I'll probably at least pirate it when it comes out.

Looks like the PSP game, but with hips and thighs

considering it's not a handheld title, that's not so great

Okay, you got the time, money and autistic staff for that?

If you have shitty eyes, then maybe.

What exactly looks bad about that?

Really? What did Iga say? Either way I am glad I never donated to this shit.

holy shit, being this autistic
gameplay is important but he gave a critic of the graphics, every part of the game is important
settle down faggot you are eating Holla Forumss dogmatic bullshit like it's skittles

Can we all finally agree to stop the TORtanic meme? It's just retards looking for validation. People that legitimately don't care about video games and just want to shitpost.

made a new board for game discussion for just such reasons.
/topv/