Can we just admit Morrowind is a bizzarely overrated entry? And Skyrim did enviormental storytelling much better?

Can we just admit Morrowind is a bizzarely overrated entry? And Skyrim did enviormental storytelling much better?

here's your reply mister troll

I'll admit to these doubles.

No.

For a board that supposedly hates elder scrolls, you sure are obsessed with elder scrolls.

Fuck off, we don't need your "remaster" of a shit game.

nah

checked

How do u guys get a blue name

If anything it's becoming underrated as younger gamers, never being exposed to it, don't realize how much they are missing in modern games.

Back to reddit

Daggerfall was the only good entry in the series. Morrowind is probably the least awful of the games that followed it but even it falls short in terms of roleplaying features. Faggot in this video has no idea what he is talking about.

Yes.
No.

It's just weebRPG autists that'd rather jack off to nier and SMT.

Bethesda took their best strengths of their Fallout and TES franchise and made that the heart of it when releasing Fallout 3 and Skyrim with actually good combat that took skill and that had more depth than stat-managing and standing in place whacking at each other and praying for the best. And when you weren't doing that in morrowind you were mostly playing a walking simulator, I love TES and even Morrowind but can admit it easily has flaws and is incredibely outdated to Skyrim, Bethesda knows how to enhance their lore via envoirmental storytelling in a way Morrowind never did.

Who are you quoting

Buy a 8.ch platinum account, kiddo. You aren't a poorfag, are you?

Such as?

I like Morrowind for its RPG elements.
I like Skyrim for its map and world.

I however think Oblivion is a giant piece of steaming shit, but I'm probably the only one.

What is it with this forced meme? is a new TES being released soon?

tod I know you're watching, you chess club nerd.

DZHEG EB :DDDD

Im getting fucking tired of all these low effort posts.
Is it just summer?
Or are we being raided?
Jesus Christ man

chucked

also they removed

I laughed

Fuck no, no TES game good combat. Morrowind comes down to luck, skill points and fatigue.
In Skyrim press X to wack.
I'd rather have Morrowinds combat in this case.

Fallout 3 fucking was bland, weapons and bullets worked shitty too. They took the negatives from TES and dumped it into Fallout 3 and 4.
Quests are basically solved in one way, it barely matter what you say, NPC csant die unless/until the game says so, writing is shit and they miss the point of Fallout by miles.

New Vegas had combat revamped and expanded for the better though. They also took note from Fallout 1 and 2, able to solve shit the way you can think of instead of just do X and Z to win or else you cant do shit.

checked

I agree, actually.

Skyrim's pretty good until you kill the first dragon as part of the main quest. I've always felt that it, or at least its main quest, becomes a bit forgettable after that save for moments like meeting Paarthurnax and going to Sovngarde. I don't describe games as comfy usually, but I can't think of any other word to describe the riverside village you start off in and the quest you get there to return the golden claw in the nearby temple. It just feels kind of nice.

I wish the quests were better, though, especially the guilds. The Companions' just isn't very memorable apart from becoming a werewolf (which was generally a pretty underwhelming mechanic, even with that awful vampire DLC), and the Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild questlines both felt really underwhelming compared to those in Oblivion. The one quest in Skyrim that stands out in my memory is Hircine's quest and even then it was pretty jarring having a bloodmoon skybox disappear as soon as you stepped out of the cave.

Paarthurnax and the people in Sovngarde feel like they were written by completely different people compared to the rest of the game.

You get to try using magic before you kill the first dragon.

Skyrim is pretty good until the first sequence ends and you get to bask in the glory of Todd's "they're all retards anyway, why bother" mentality on every, single, little aspect of the game.

The whole series sucks.

nigga i ain't gonna watch that shit
here's your reply

Satan, you always know what's what.

Playing FO3, Oblivion and Skyrim, if there's one thing that always bothered me was precisely that point. And I'm not sure many people think about this, but it's quite major since it will ruin the game for you, even if you don't think about it.

At some point, you'll notice just how retarded everyone in the world is. How disconnected they are from the story and the world itself, how everything they do is just token to pretend they are real people but falls flat very fast under the tiniest scrutiny.

Skyrim has the entire Civil War questline where nothing happens in anywhere unless you trigger it to happen. And battles are incredibly underwhelming, even the last one, because everyone just looks like Bandit AI anyway. Even the final speech Ulfric gives after the battle is won seems more like forced exposition about what happens now than actually world building.

FO3 has an incredibly retarded overworld that, although I still think is interesting, makes no sense, nobody and nothing looks like it would actually work in post-apoc setting and everything is horribly static. And I don't mean the "people have a routine" static but the "there's problems to solve and improvements to towns to make" and nobody does anything.

Even Oblivion had a neat world with more variety than Skyrim but the NPCs just sort of bumbled about. They looked like props, not actors.

It's precisely what they are worst at: world building. Everyone sounds like they have token motivations for the sake of having one, everyone has a rigid routine that's either boring or non-sensical and the whole world looks incredibly static while trying to appear dynamic.
New Vegas, written by someone else, at least add this idea that a conflict was imminent and you felt it. And everyone had their ideas about how to live life and they made sense for that character. And although I fucking hated the desert, the rest of the locations made sense and looked like they could work.

tl;dr: Bethesda makes stupid worlds and thinks that's the best part of their games.

Nice to see a fair amount of dubs in this thread, and for those of you who are asking how to get a blue name you need an 8.ch platinum account. To get one you need to make a banner and upload it to join. For a small fee of course

gr8 b8 m8

Also check my digits