Release of arctic methane

Release of arctic methane "may be apocalyptic" study warns
truth-out.org/news/item/39957-release-of-arctic-methane-may-be-apocalyptic-study-warns

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1871174X16300488
archive.is/h2ZEl
youtu.be/FSk20_pRpx0?t=156
skepticalscience.com/medieval-warm-period.htm
research.calvin.edu/german-propaganda-archive/goeb36.htm
dabamirror.sci-hub.cc/795b397ee84e38c1bf76edf998ea14a6/ribas2009.pdf
sci-hub.cc
thearchdruidreport.blogspot.ch/2012/10/how-it-could-happen-part-one-hubris.html
youtube.com/watch?v=uJnN3WMwDsk
abhota.info/end1.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe if the scientific community hadn't already discredited themselves by lying about environmental trends in order to get tens of billions of dollars in government funding I would care; if they are correct about this, then it's ultimately their fault that no one is listening.

Best timeline

The world is taking a big poo poo pee pee?

Massive terraforming efforts when?

And we're all going to get Dutch ovened :^(

We should have genocided the penguins when we had the chance

Methane lasts about 12 years in the atmosphere.

Not mentioned in the article.

Gee, i wonder why?

So you're saying the (((Dutch))) are planning to make the world into a big methane gas chamber while they watch from their bunkers in NZ etc? This is the secret of the poles? Not the (((Poles))).
I vote we feed the gas down into their bunkers and smash them with hammers when they come out.

Would that trigger a Ice Age?

Methane is always present in the air as is almost all known gases. The current amount is reported to be about 1700 ppb. That is 1700 parts per billion, they are forced to use parts per billion and not parts per million because ppm would be 1.7 or less than 2 parts per million compared to the mind boggling overwhelming about of CO2 at 400 parts per million. They make up this disparity by invoking the methane is "X" amount more dangerous as a green house gas than CO2 is.
Smoke and mirrors all day long lads.

about should be amount fucking spell check.

Oy vey goyim, aren't you scared of the Clathrate Gun?

Lowenergy OP, shit thread, IMPORTANT TOPIC!
Methane is a genuine threat, so lets go harvest it before it escapes.

It used to power atlantis. They could just dive down and grab it, brin it up and burn it for fuel.

It would trigger a "earth turns into venus" age

This, I heard about this story the other day. It reminded me of the holes in Russia

uk.businessinsider.com/russian-exploding-permafrost-methane-craters-global-warming-2016-6?r=US&IR=T

slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2015/04/02/exploding_methane_holes_in_siberia_linked_to_climate_change_is_alaska_next.html

But is the "exploding permafrost" actually happening or are we being rused

>sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1871174X16300488

Anyone have access to full ?

So Earth become a oven?

Literally how?

Pretty much, if the prediction is correct then the global temperature average will be 40-50 Celsius by 2100

the gods have had enough

would these hippy faggots even make lemonade for fear of "damaging the fragile ecosystem of harvested lemons"

That's not even the most horrifying scenario.
Seafloor bacteria currently respirate aerobically, their exhaust gases are pretty harmless.
They can also respirate anaerobically, in which case their exhaust gas is hydrogen sulfide.
The deep ocean currents are what deliver oxygen to the seafloor.

APOCALYPSE NOW PLEASE

Vespene refineries when?

Fimbulwvinter may be upon us sooner rather than later.

ffs C02 is literally just a correlation.

Rolling for ==MEGADEATH==

at least that bullshit hysterical "scientific" Apocalypsis genturum will have the smell of brimstone

oh god just like the polar ice caps were gonna melt in early 2000s, and green house gases were gonna be so high now itll be over 90 degrees year round, sea levels were gonna rise and wash away all the costal cities, polar bears and seals were suppose to be all dead by now, etc, etc, etc.
Fuck these faggots

Been a while since I've seen you around.

It's also worth noting that the sun is entering into a temporary period of reduced output.

The Scarrans are scarraforming Earth. I for one welcome our new alien overlords.

finally, the real end of days happening is here. I've grown tired of "happenings" every time Trump takes a shit

Was somebody calling for me?

I laughed more than I should.

I wouldn't mind this scenario, the world is shit and nothing has any meaning at all. It would be better for us all to be wiped out, and in this case TPTB would be unable to leave their bunkers once retreating inside them.

Be sure to be stocked up on appropriately morose end-of-the-world ambiance

Are we fucked?

Yes, but only by immigration.

Maybe. Don't fall for the alarmism, user. Keep an eye on the reliable sources and draw your own conclusions.

Sorry friend.

TBH you should be glad.
Mudshits can't swim.

Thats hydrogen sulfide. Methane is odorless.

That is dependent on reduction by hydroxyl in the atmosphere, and only works at lower concentrations.
Not a 50 gigaton burp.

Except this is about parts per million. A one-thousand fold increase.

Only if we let it get to that point. Which is idiotic. Geo-engineering will prevent this.

It isn't. It has to do with permafrost and hydrates. As the permafrost melts it releases methane. It also allows bacteria to come into contact with long-frozen organic matter, further increasing methane levels.

Regardless. Everyone needs to calm down.
Trump is going to authorize sulfate cloud seeding and geo-engineering that would prevent this.

archive.is/h2ZEl

Interesting note: The UN blocked this under a moratorium on geo-engineering.

See this two week ago.

youtu.be/FSk20_pRpx0?t=156

why does this board always deny that any environmental destruction is happening

quit giving liberals and leftists the advantage of environmental conservation and just admit these things exist, and actively try to reduce them through personal decisions

Wtf is wrong with people.

Is it happening time?

Also shamelessly checking my own trips.

That'll make everything south of greenland virtually uninhabitable.

Good thing AGW has literally never been right.

I have a better idea. Why don't we just fucking carve their innards out with our bare hands?

scientists discover something which has been occurring unbeknownst to them for hundreds of thousands of years, MAKE BIG DEAL of it

Fucking this. The bad guys won the most important war in human history.

Riddle me this, Bill Nye cumguzzler:

If it has been warmer in Earth's recent past than it is today (fact), then why didn't the melting ice back then release the methane and cook the world?

Sounds risky. What if it lead to the environment getting even more fucked up?

poor effort

you should mail the author
vice.com/en_ca/article/getting-wasted-on-cum-cocktails

newscientist.com/article/dn11647-climate-myths-its-been-far-warmer-in-the-past-whats-the-big-deal/

I think this article is saying rapid warming with no chance for ice to refreeze , I didn't read the whole thing

if the Temp goes up by 50 F on average, there's little we could do to fuck it up worse.

During the Roman era the earth was warmer than it is today. Why is the ice melting today but didn't back then?

Ice doesn't care about how "quickly" it warms. Either it's melting or it's not.

We don't really have a choice. Even if we cut emissions to zero now the Earth would still warm up over a period of hundreds of years, due to the CO2 already in the atmosphere.

Right now both the oceans and soil are nearing their capacity for absorbing more co2, we have soil degradation, the start of methane outgassing in Siberia and Canada, etc.

If we do nothing, we won't just go beyond 2 degrees warming, but we will reach 3, 4 and then 5 degrees. Warming will accelerate until we hit the methane apocalypse threshold, at which point temperatures would rise to were it's simply too hot to sustain complex life.

Greenhouse events have been triggered before, but this was without industrial emissions of greenhouse gasses. That is one thing that will push us over the edge.
Back then the sun's brightness was also much lower, which meant that temperatures were kept in check. The last time things really got out of hand was 250 million years ago during the Permian extinction, when 95% of the species on Earth died.

Simply put: The conditions have changed since then. We have a sun that's brighter, industrial emissions, combined with larger deposits of co2 and methane contained within permafrost and other sources.

Build walls on the borders of white nations. Let the third world die of the heat. then somehow cool the earth.

Because it takes time. Just like we still have ice caps nowadays with 1 degree warming. You need to get to a certain level where the ice will start melting rapidly and completely.

Under normal natural conditions it will fluctuate without reaching dangerous levels. That's why it's so important we stay under 2-3 degrees warming.

You are hitting at something. If the third world would just fucking not exist, we wouldn't have this problem. White nations would sense enough to protect the Earth and secure it's future. China is an infuriating example of non-white destruction and plundering of the Earth. Africans are destroying and killing every single animal species on one of the most resource rich parts of the Earth, all the while having civil wars, having a hundred kids, and making AIDS a regular part of humanity. One thing that would be good for the environment is if Africans just fuck off and die.

Means no definitive proof or better known as "SWAGS" scientific wild ass guesses

skepticalscience.com/medieval-warm-period.htm

Many of the Nazis knew this (how bad the world would be with the Jews in charge), which is why they fought so hard.Theirs a quote from Goebbels which explains what the world will be like if the jews win, but I can't find it.

Try again faggot.

It was warm back then longer than the industrial age has lasted in the modern era. Try again.

Is it somewhere in here
research.calvin.edu/german-propaganda-archive/goeb36.htm

Actually if Jewish finance capitalism didn't exist we wouldn't have this problem.

Consumption is out of bounds because of the Goldbergs of this world encouraging the growth of "demand". So we end up with people buying almost exactly the same phone every year and then throwing it away for a "new" model. They've even made it so that they're almost impossible to repair, or it's even illegal.
It's the same with other electronics, cars, "fashion", etc. People stuff themselves full of factory garbage until they grow so fat they die.

The Germans build and designed products to last. They emphasized ecological sustainability, emphasizing family and culture while shunning conspicuous consumption and debt.
Libtards only want to consume and show off their jew-gadgets on kikebook.

you have the reading comprehension of a nigger tbqh

Clathrates may have been the cause of the Bermuda triangle ship disappearances.

It seems a plausible scenario tbh.

Well yeah, that too. Despite all their environmental status-signaling they're really an environmental disaster, as they toss shit tons of plastic and garbage into the ocean.

Yes we do.
Remove Africa, Asian Sweden and south America, remove kebabs chinks and anything that isn't white in white countries and then limit the birth rate of the population to 1 billion and less.
We need to have less humans in general.
It doesn't change the fact that the temp are going up but I think it's a better long term solution than infecting lands for long term poisoning/starvation/degeneracy.
By degeneracy I mean long term effects on the genes.

Palaeoworld is a peer-reviewed academic journal with a focus on palaeontology and stratigraphy research in and around China. It was founded in 1991 by the Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology at the Chinese Academy of Sciences (NIGPAS). The journal has been published quarterly since 2006; prior to 2006, it did not adhere to a fixed publication schedule

by contrast Nature's impact factor is 40+

laughingpeerreviewwhores.jpg

Source, please.

There are no methane ice caps to melt in the tropical pacific. Keep trying faggot.

Didn't TimeBro warn us that this is how the world ends?

Canada here. We'll be fine.

Geologist here. This is actually bullshit.

From 2006 to 2013 the Lower Atmosphere Research Project released 2,000 balloons to sample the portion of the atmosphere which contributes to the greenhouse effect(ie what is opaque to reflected infra-red radiation) they found far less methane than was anticipated. Indeed there was less methane content in the atmosphere that what was calculated if we only accounted for termite and ant emissions(which are more than our total agricultural emissions based on the estimated biomass of termites and ants). What was happening was the methane was being fixed to carbon dioxide and water by methansynthetic(use methane to synthesize glucose) bacteria in the atmosphere. The atmosphere is filled with bacteria which bloom in hot weather and consume the methane created by natural decay for organic matter. Similarly they bloom in the high latitudes when the summer thaw exposes organic matter in the soil to decay. It is unlikely that any amount of methane release can overwhelm these bacteria.

Also they are bullshitting about the severity of the warming trend and the calculated anthropogenic component has decreased from 70% by 2007 estimates to a mere 20% by 2015 estimates according to Oceans and Atmosphere's Quarterly.

Basically better data has caused a recalculation of the warming trend and how much carbon released by industrial activity could possibly contribute.

Furthermore we have seen geologic records(often in ice cores or paleosols) of far more severe oscillations in global mean temperature in the current interglacial period(8,000BC) long before humans could have contributed to any climatic cycle in any way via agriculture. If we are honestly worried about a mere 1C increase in temperature by 2120 I have to ask how the fuck we'd deal with the much higher amplitude and higher frequency swings in temperature we believe to have occurred in the past?

The Holla Forums answer to this question is simply this. Climate change is no threat to our industrial civilization due the high response time of humans(we live in terms of years not centuries and response quickly to changes in the environment). The 30 Years War killed half the population of France and Germany. The World Wars burned Europe to the ground. The real reason these liberals and kikes kvetch is they know that we'll cut off the food aid to their shitskin pets and let them starve to death if we suffer even minimal hardship. They fear the loss of their political cudgle and want to capitalize on this shit to import yet more mudmen into our nations.

Fuck them, fuck niggers, fuck saracens, fuck street shitters. I wish we had a climatic crisis so we could cut these scum off and kill them all rather than merely 80% as would happen if we cut off their food supply tomorrow.

I thought that's what this thread was about, no one was really talking about man made global warming

sounds about right

KEK WILL POO POO ALL BROWN PEOPLE TO DEATH

dabamirror.sci-hub.cc/795b397ee84e38c1bf76edf998ea14a6/ribas2009.pdf

As the sun gets older it increases in size and brightness.

Basically. There's no reason to ever let it get to the point where global warming get's out of control. For a few hundred million dollars a year we could put any global warming dead in its tracks.

Except that doesn't fix it the problem. Most emissions come from western countries, gulf states, China and India.
We definitely need to cut down on population growth though.

You're right, I had it backwards.

because the real environmental issue is habitat erosion caused by increased urbanization, caused by overpopulation of shitskins.

essentially, the real environmental issue is caused by charities like "Save the Children" and MSF

literally Shakespeare

Ten years ago the tone of all articles on clathrates and permafrost methane was already apocalyptic. If the Earth hasn't blown up by now, it's just because this shit is overrated.

Literally an anti-white nigger.

And erosion is not getting the publicity it should while "feed those poor children in africa" is on every damn corner.

Once upon a time, the earth let out a big stinky fart and everybody died. The End.

Srs question why can't someone just genetically engineer phytoplankton to survive in higher temperatures?

For that matter if the change is slow, why wouldn't they just evolve to do so on their own?

Don't you know!? It's the end of the world!!!

it is not slow enough

That's not actually a good thing.

All it means is that the world becomes Australia except it'll have trees.

I wish you were exaggerating, I'd hate to find a thing like that flying around the lamp in my bedroom.

you cum guzzling faggot, before that happens a super volcano will pop off on the ring of fire (your anus) and then the planet will shift to global cooling.

Did Romans explore the polar ice caps to compare measurements to today?

Oh ffs. 50 mya there were palm trees growing on Antarctica. Warmer is better for plants and land mammals, cold is the killer.

Except they don't mention the total atmosphere is in thousand trillion range or quadrillion tons, which is a million times more than a billion. Pretty soon you get into some really large numbers, not just paltry little billions.

That's about 10 ppm which is pretty significant if methane is as apocalyptic as they're saying it is.

Do I look kawaii senpai?
~uguu

Is your point supposed support or detract the point made? The Earth still hasn't been blown the fuck up in the last two hundred years.

And in anyway, this is about the release of methane hydrates from permafrost and seabeds, not about greenhouse gas in general. But thanks for pointing that out anyway. The more you know.

Is this a centipede grandparent ?

sci-hub.cc

We are getting closer.

I don't trust anyone who says they can tell me what the temperature was 44,000 years ago tbh fam

We have AR-15s, we don't need to fear giant bugs.

Why even live

Global warming will only kill shitskins in shitholes like africa and india. BRING IT ON

Yeah, can't say I'm angry nor surprised.

I don't believe them. There's plenty of formal literature and rational analysis to suggest that the greenhouse effect is marginal-to-nonexistant, and it is questionable whether or not methane even affects the process, for the value of 'process' that it is.

But even if it is true, and everything the shitlibs are worried about is happening, I don't care. An all-white West could have done something about it, but as it stands now, all the gib-bucks in the world wouldn't be able to do anything. The feminists, niggers, and Jews in charge of the process are worthless at doing anything but tearing society apart. They would never be able to solve this problem, not even with a truly unlimited budget and all the time in the world to act on it.

It is pointless to worry about something you can't stop or control, and white people would be the ones to most likely survive the apocalypse anyway. So bring it on. If it takes a nature happening to kick off the real Happening, then I'll accept it.

This. The scientific community knows it's full of shit, they know they whored out for money, and they don't give a damn. If the world ends because of this, it's their fault for crying wolf for cummies so often that nobody paid attention to them anymore.

thanks

Pajeets already breath methane and hydrogen sulfide daily because they live in the middle of millions of pounds of poo, they also don't have too much trouble with 40ºC temperatures.
Whites will all die from hyperthermia, because they're not used to so much heat.

i fucking knew the biker-kikes were behind it, the Motorcycle Safety Foundation was a shill front this whole FUCKING time

10 ppm that is 10 grains of sand out of a cup of sand.
Well do you believe them?
I sure as fuck don't all I see is a huge ass shekel grab.
What 2 gases does every human on earth emit?
Carbon dioxide and methane.

(checked)
This
Me either.

This is the one thing I fucking hate about this shithole. Yes, scientists lie about global warming through their teeth for gibs, but for fucks sake, we live in a closed system and are currently in the process of fucking ruining it at an alarming rate, whether it is dumping pollutants, overfishing, running our best freshwater sources dry to fucking irrigate grass for cows, etc…

Newsflash, nature provides our fucking food and clean water. Yet I am always called out as a fucking liberal for wanting to preserve our lands for future generations and not wanting to live in a fucking arcology dome.

Can I get temperature in English?

40ºC = 104ºF

Studies warned there wouldn't be ice on the arctic by 2016.

We could survive that. Well, unless you live on an island.

Please.

Here's the thing about global warming:

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT WHITE COUNTRIES DO AS LONG AS THE CHINKS AND STREETSHITTERS CONTINUE TO PUMP IMMEASURABLE AMOUNTS OF POLLUTION INTO THE OCEAN AND ATMOSPHERE.

This should be a casus belli to invade third worlds and dismantle their outdated manufacturing infrastructure along with their sovereignty. Shitskins cannot and never will be able to be trusted with the health of the planet because they have no capacity of thinking beyond their current generation.

America really needs a right wing nationalist party that embraces environmentalism and is much harder on immigration than Trump's republicans, with elements of socialism to ensure success of white families (only once our country is de-browned).

I'm sorry, do you have any idea what the fuck you are talking about or are you just spouting memes?

Let me give you an actual real life example, not meme spewing. In an area of New Zealand where I live, the amount of water being drained from the aquifers and taken from the local rivers to fuel our fucking ridiculously oversized dairy industry is killing the entire fucking area.

Many of the main rivers that used to be huge and crystal clear not 10-15 years ago are now essentially dry river beds with a token couple of water races thorough them. What is left is barely swimmable thanks to dairy farm runoff. Our local aquifer that provides the entire loal drinking water is critically low and the local council's are STILL trying to get away with selling water extraction rights to the Chinese. Many rural people have to keep digging new wells deeper and deeper every fucking year at tremendous expense and many cannot afford to keep doing this. The aquifer in question will take HUNDREDS of years to fill back up to reasonable levels. The whole area is beginning to undergo mass desertification, once this happens it is irreversible and the entire landscape will be fucked.

So yes dickhead, as it turns out, our environment IS actually fragile as fuck.

Very well said.

No , you're right. The environment is the last thing that needed to be politicized… and at any rate, the fact that it is can make threads about environmental disasters tense for no reason.

Everyone knows the Earth has the potential to heat up by a large amount relatively quickly. Many people who would have otherwise taken the study seriously are put off by the fact that the Left has been lying about the climate and milking the system for 2 decades.

The Fukishima thing is still also going on to

syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2017/02/fukushima_radiation_levels.html

(large quantities of radiate groundwater spilling into the ocean for the past 5 years.)

With the current 'world order' I know the Earth is fucked. It's just a matter of if it happens within the next 40-60 years

It does need to be politicized - by the right wing. The left is clearly using it to make their bullshit more palatable to white people, after all, those evil republicans want to destroy the environment! Their semi-religiosity about climate change (calling skeptics 'deniers') is disconcerting, but is really just an element of the typical libshit zealous personality rather than an innate element of environmentalism.

Yes, a lot of the science is bought because it is a rallying point for the left, and there is reason to be skeptical about some parts of the science, but that is not a reason to dismiss virtually all of it just because of the 'us vs. them' mentality fostered by the 2-party system.

Impossible under a debt-based economy. Irrelevant under socialism. Only private ownership allocates resources efficiently, only hard-learnt taboos keep societies from destroying their environment.

They already are geo-engineering, SAI, SAG, SRM, etc

Stratospheric Aerosol Injections/ SAI or Stratospheric sulfate aerosols/SSR.They have been doing this for decades under the guise of preventing or reducing "global warming". Some of the things sprayed in our air are: aluminum, barium, sulfates, ethylene dibromide, and worse. Even chuck Norris knows its a shit plan that poisons the Earth and all life on it. It increases surface temperature long term for a short term cool down. It destroys what is left of the ozone and natural support structure. It poisons everything the aerosols touch, as things like ethylene dibromide, aluminum, barium, etc. in nano particulate form are toxic.

It isn't preventing goddamn anything, instead it has been exacerbating the fucking problem and poisoning the world. Oh and making Shlomo and the cucks billions to (((fight global warming and climate change))). By being the pigfuckers to cause the problem and pass regulations and laws for their agenda, then they sale the dumb goyim the solution, while making them pay for it. Typical merchant tricks, make the goyim pay for their own destruction at the hands of the yid and shabbos cuckolds.

maybe stop heating up the north pole with haarp?

Guess what family has their hands in "geo-engineering" and pushes it to the stupid cattle. They never want solutions, real solutions , just their little agendas and shekels.

I will blow up my house and blame climate change.

When I say Asia I mean everything from Europe to japan.

For now the way of living of homo sapiens is more resembling to grass hoppers or viruses.
Since most of the waist aren't treated and the growth is extremely fast.
And don't get me started on the degenerates who thought of adding X chemicals to X food would have no consequences to the gene pool.
Every green piece/ecological and vegan fags are completely retarded because they can't even see where the problems lies.
The number of people.
It's fucking basic math and they can't see it and nobody seems to see it.

I like how they gloss over the fact that the continents become arid slowly over tens of millions of years because they had formed a massive super-continent centered on the equator with minimal coastline and a massive desert interior. Yes obviously it was carbon dioxide and methane and not the position of entire continents which facilitated aridity.

Fucking liberal faggots. Also given that the Permian was arid for millions of years while atmospheric driven warming an cooling has a frequency of oscillation of no more than tens of thousands of years, yeah fuck you faggot.

Also they don't mention that the world was warmest in the Eocene, which experienced no mass extinction when it was warmest, but rather the period's termination is marked like all biostratigraphic boundaries by a mass extinction and that occurred during a period of glaciation.

Have you morons noticed something about the chemtrail videos?
They all happen on cold days where water vapor doesn't disperse as well.

Totally Holla Forums right moishe?

No they don't. Many are taken in summer you retarded yid. You kikes and shills are desperate as hell.

It's colder up higher.

Faggots cant even tell me if its going to rain today. They are so fucking inaccurate its retarded. They can literally take moving video of the weather all over the globe and still the frequency in which they are completely fucking wrong is statistically impossible. If you took random anons and asked them to predict the next weeks worth of weather in some random region they would be more accurate than these fucks.

If they cant get the shit right fucking ever then either they are entirely full of shit or their models are completely broken and they are completely incompetent.

No shit. Guess what? These are NOT contrails. Its not water vapor you are seeing floating in the sky, contrails dissipate quickly not stretch out and block out the sun for hours or days. You motherfuckers can't into logic or facts.

Permian extinction was caused by a meteor/asteroid impact

Reminder that global warming doesn't exist.

This. In fact theres way chemtrails in the sky during the summer months than the winter months.

Im starting to think some of the reason for that is more people spend most of their days in the house in the winter than the summer.

Just invade, win, ANNEX THE LAND, deport the natives, and update the infrastructure to 1st world standards, repopulating the land with white settlers. Like the good old days when we'd get new land and slate it for eventual full statehood.

another AGW-tier boogeyman
kikes are dangerous, not methane

Thanks, user I agree. They want the Aryan people cut off from Sun and Nature alike. No filthy rat jew is outside hiking and camping in the summer. They are always inside and less likely to suffer from a destroyed ecosystem and blocked out sun. Fucking kikes and their minions are hitting us from all angles. Food, water, air, nature, blocking the fucking Sun even.

feelsbadman

Are Very real.

is easier to make pol believe in fish people rather than anything remotely close to negatively affect climate

rev up those windmills

Boy, you are going to hate the project I am working on.
Fun fact, you can get bugs roughly a quarter of that size by raising and breeding a few generations of them in a high oxygen environmentexpect exotic pets like that in a few years

Bullshit, there couldn't possibly have been snakes big enough for that centipede to eat

TREEHUGGERS BTFO AGAIN

Not true, all true Holla Forumsacks want truth and Aryan success above all else, many who do not know will soon see the light. All Aryan men are tied to nature and the Earth, we are its stewards and WE WILL protect it. We need our own movements without commies and yids and liberalism. We must secure this Earth as we move to the stars, our descendants will need homes. We are those closest to the Earth, we are those closest to the Stars, our Aryan souls are tied to the Eternal and Nature, time we remember this simple fact. We protect what is ours.

Actually they could get a whole lot bigger than humans pretty easily in the right conditions, since their exoskeletons are by comparison much stronger than our bones and can hold a lot more weight. Insects are incredibly highly evolved in fact

I'm becoming increasingly convinced we're living in some sort of 3d cartoon world and this is all supposed to be funny

Sunlight makes natural vitamin D.
Vitamin D defficiency in pregnant women multiplies a chances for autistic offspring
Autistic offsprings is easy to control and brainwash via media.

The jews are laughing all the way to the bank, its hilarious to them we pay them to destroy us and our world.

Exactly, they pulled a CNN

This isn't EU4, annexing China wouldn't work.

one chemtrail blocks approximately 0.000000000000000000000000000000000001% of sunlight in a 0.0000000000000000001 square meter area

Ain't clicking a ling that says faggot in it.

Frank Klepacki is the shit. I haven't played a lot of the newer C&C games but I've heard that some of them don't use him for the soundtracks. If true that really pisses me off

why?

But the hohols aren't dead yet

lel

Yeah but they only survive in environments that are high oxygen right? So if they escape that environment they'll die pretty quickly r-right?

big rubber bag/vacuum, yummy yummy hydrocarbons, stop panicking, do something about it, retards

Well i guess in a perfect world they might get something right.

I still find it hilarious that /monster/ will ban you if you post black women there. I knew they lurked here

Spotted the goon.

So much this. It's part of the reason why ancient texts say the first humans supposedly lived hundreds of years.

Do you understand concepts such as refractive indexes and specific heat?

Elements and molecules each absorb radiation and heat differently.
Several quadrillion tons of nitrogen and oxygen isn't the same as thousands of gigatons of greenhouse gasses.
Co2, no2, water vapor and methane absorb infared. Unlike nitrogen and oxygen, which compose most of our atmosphere.

These gasses might look translucent in visible light, but they're not the same.

It is. By increasing the albedo of the planet so you can reflect the incoming infrared radiation. Now, sulfate aerosols are just one solution.

Do you have any better ideas? Or should we just embrace extinction?

I'm not going to argue that cloud seeding can't be dangerous. But we're going to have to do something.
Optimally we would use something that is both reflective, with a low atmospheric half life (in terms of human life times), non-toxic and inert with ozone.

Sulfate aerosols fit three of those requirements. But more testing is necessary to determine whether it would deplete the ozone layer.

That actually made me laugh.
Let's do it

delete this

No mate, we missed the one we where due. It was too warm.

breed me a preying mantis that i can mount a saddle on and I will give you the world

OP is a faggot, I'm not going to some article to see what this clickbait headline is about because those aren't scientific terms and a real scientist couldn't have written that, maybe some fake scientist like Bill Nyeberg, but more likely some shill blog poster who relies on sponsor shekels.

Look at him go!

[citation needed]

I caught that too

How many older memes will be resurrected at this point?

There is evidence that gondola predates all other memes, even Kek.

t-this is not about those weird /x/ like 2 legged creatures caught on a video t-tape is it?

Oh noe! Tis the end times! Again! But this time for real, we promise!

all the bragging i have seen over my time spent on both websites 'shifting the overton window' is meaningless until we can openly talk about the serious action required to "fix" a problem area like china or india and thus fix the planet.

Test

Genetic engineering is bad and will be exploit to further their impossibly insane goals.

it's true, they are hellspawn

Reminder that global warming still doesn't exist.

low quality bait

BRING IT ON, KEK!

you said it yourself, everyone keeps focusing on CO2 and Methane, which don't even have a long lifetime in the atmosphere. (about ~12 years?) N2O for example lasts for ~130 years, absorbs infrared and after that it degrades into compounds that damage the ozone layer. yet I've never seen anyone complain about gases that have bigger impacts in smaller doses, but always about (((CO2))). If people would give two shits about (((CO2))) they would build products that have a longer lifespan.

and yes, I'd rather live a good life and have future generations worry about this (or even find a more suitable approach) than have fucking airplanes flying around on the second day I finally see the sun again, only to spray the sky full of toxic shit.

plus imagine the (((CO2))) that could be saved if you scratch the need for climatologists, chemtrail chemicals, pilots, jet fuel needed for chemtrail spraying…

Stop spraying, plant more trees to filter air, water and land. Cut down on infinite gibs for infinite muds, and Commie Chinese products because China is the biggest polluter of the planet. No more Monsanto or Glyphosphate and other bullshit. Give loans and money to people for farming, homesteading away from big jew cities, and forestry to promote the environment, not corporate whores and their interests.Invest in filtration technology for air, water, and land. Make stricter laws for industry and government to pollute less, etc.

Most of the methods already exist to remedy our situation instead of throwing more gas on the fire made by the noseniggers, then letting them steer the course "to save us". Why do you think CFR has their hand in it along with Rockefellers and Rothschilds, and many other JWO kikes. Probably just a cohencidence, right Menechem?

Humanity and technology have reached a level where this is all needless and destructive, most of what ails us could be remedied. Problem is the obscenely rich control the tech and invention of new benefial technology. Ecosystem destruction and aerosol death sprays are profitable to the jews and their pets and they will utilize it to destroy the environment and try to force people into their Agenda 2030 type mega cities. In those dens of yiddery the microchipped poor brown raceless, genderless, religion less, culture less, powerless goyim ruled by a one world Inbred Hooknosed Communist Talmudic Order.

B-b-but guys we need to have the government and private corporations dump toxic metals and chemicals on us to block the sun out or we are all extinct!

Letting niggers into your country "may be apocalyptic" actual useful scientific agency warns

Does this finally prove that millennials contributed nothing to society and are a giant fucking mistake?

And I was just talking to the lady that originally proposed that theory.

And the saddest part is that all that niggertech is for nothing when we could be going to space.

9+6+0+8+8+1 = 32 = 3+2 = 5
6+8 = 14 = 1+4 = 5

5 is the number of Kek. Kek works in mysterious ways.

bump

kek
So what your saying is that the climate is self correcting system or that it is our patriotic duty to drive the least fuel efficient vehicles possible and frack to our hearts content?

I've seen chemtrails last for hours in AZ in the middle of record highs with 0% humidty.

Don't you mean
Whayyy lmao

he did the soundtrack for grey goo which was made by the old guard from westwood studios before it was bought up by EA

Right idea here. The earths mega farts can't kill you if you burn them to power the mother of all ovens.

That's where you're wrong.

The real problem is a sudden release of marine gas hydrate. Methane is explosive in air between 5% and 15% concentration. That much methane WILL find an ignition source.

warming tendencies is difficult to predict (Turco et al., 1991; Pierrehumbert, 2002). Upon release of a significant portion of the dissolved methane, the ocean settles down, and the entire sequence of events (i.e., development of anoxia, accumulation of dissolved methane, the metastable state, eruption) begins anew. No external cause is required to bring about a methane-driven eruption—its mechanism is self-contained, and implies that eruptions are likely to occur repeatedly at the same location. Because methane is isotopically light, its fast release must result in a negative carbon isotope excursion in the geological record. Knowing the magnitude of the excursion, one can estimate the amount of methane that could have produced it. Such calculations (prompted by the methane-hydrate-dissociation model, but equally applicable here) have been performed for several global events in the geological record; the results range from ~10(18) to 10(19) g of released methane (e.g., Katz et al., 1999; Kennedy et al., 2001; de Wit et al., 2002). These are very large amounts: the total carbon content of today’s terrestrial biomass is ;2 X 10(18) g. Nevertheless, relatively small regions of the deep ocean could contain such amounts of dissolved methane; e.g., the Black Sea alone (volume ~0.4 X 10(23) of the ocean total; maximum depth only 2.2 km) could hold, at saturation, ~0.5 X 1018 g. A similar region of the deep ocean could contain much more (the amount grows quadratically with depth3). Released in a geological instant (weeks, perhaps), 10(18) to 10(19) g of methane could destroy the terrestrial life almost entirely. Combustion and explosion of 0.75 X 10(19) g of methane would liberate energy equivalent to 10(8) Mt of TNT, ~10,000 times greater than the world’s stockpile of nuclear weapons, implicated in the nuclear winter scenario (Turco et al., 1991).

*Reformatting this was a bitch. All of the 10(number) should be read as 10(exponent).
** 10(8) Mt of TNT I figured this up once. It came out to be something like a teraton level explosion.

Damn it I missed one. Let me try that again.

What are the scenarios under which earth becomes un-inhabitable for humans (even if they treated it like another planet where they can build colonies)?

You guys are retarded.

http ://www.globalchange.umich.edu/globalchange1/current/lectures/Perry_Samson_lectures/evolution_atm/

Teach yourselves.

No, it is a fact of life on our Earth. Without it, we would be at most slugs with alcohol as blood.

The wavelength those gases re-emit…

oh, forget it. If you here are the epitome of the White race and science, we're lost.

You obviously never sat in a geology/geoscience course at the university. Those subjects are at least 30 years old.

I find it amusing when laymen talk about this stuff, I only have to read one line to know it. You know why nobody talks about N2O? Because (((industrial))) agriculture (Borlaugh, Haber-Bosch et al.) wouldn't be allowed and probably billions of nig-nogs would die off. That's why.

Well in that case let the games begin.

If what is being said about the methane is true, then this mistake is going to be fixed.

Fucking Metal.

The future is looking bright.

Alright, so what do we do about it? Nothing, as usual, because you can't avert it anymore? Why would we care, then?
Painting a disaster so big it will wipe out all of humanity in one huge bang really doesn't inflict fear in anyone because you can't do anything about it. It only invites fatalism, just like a planet sized object on a collision course with Earth.

Yeah… because if you cut all trees down, then you can't harvest them anymore. Especially if you are a tiny Country between the frog-allies and Vodka-taiga, where there would be timber, but somehow Ivan points a gun at you. Nevertheless, Alex is amusing and probably doing his part of redpilling inadvertently.

NTE (near term extinction) is bullshit. But 4 degrees will wipe out any culture and civilization long term (~500 years). This means no "left over whities on a desert mad max scenario",

- fuel rods will collapse and spread radiation, we have to seal them somewhere ASAP (Australia?)
- weather will become weird and violently unpredictable, especially in temperate zones where all the finnacky stuff lies
- Billions will move. They just will, because the "Saudi-Effect" of millions mudskins in desert(ificated) land - of their own making - will move. Slowly. 2015 in Germany is only the beginning.
- towelheads will kill their soil, another nail in the coffin of global capitalism, because worthless soil means no mortgage
- niggers will wash out theirs, because a fucking 4 Billion niggers in Africa will suck the life out of their top soil
- China will collapse as their desert progresses, maybe they have enough slaves to promote their green wall. In fact, China will be the only state capable of pulling one off like this

If you are interested how it might go down, read the following. Interesting and some parts are, let's say, frightening in retrospect of last election.
thearchdruidreport.blogspot.ch/2012/10/how-it-could-happen-part-one-hubris.html

youtube.com/watch?v=uJnN3WMwDsk
(((They))) will release something. But only after they notice how stubborn certain cultures are.

What can you do? Look for a place without nukes, neither upstream nor in the West (jet-stream etc.), where rain falls pleasantly and intermittently from the sky, where soil builds up naturally and you have a line of sight to kill any other skin tone before they enter the valley. Then just live your life and hope for the best. Repeat for each following generation.

About time for Yellowstone to erupt.

yet another form of degeneracy pioneered by this guy

i've been saying it for years, chris-chan is the fucking antichrist

Our purpose is to purge the degeneracy from this world as it burns in flames around us, so that their evil will not be passed on into the lands of our descendants!

Are these fucks degenerate just they can brag about being degenerate? I feel like I'm taking fucking crazy pills.

Literally Slaaneshi

Where have I heard this before?

fpbp /thread op is a fag

As apocalyptic as my diarrea

No, it will make them walk towards Europe and the EU and UN will be like "Europe has a responsibility to take six billion niggers because else they will die from global warming"

Relevant:

abhota.info/end1.htm

You have to get it so hot that the oceans evaporate. Once that happens, since water is a major greenhouse gas and is stable, you progress to a Venus like situation. The real point of no return seems to be if the crust itself gets parched and shuts down plate tectonics. This might not be possible for Earth since it has several times the oceans volume of water locked up in its crust and also its interior is a lot cooler than Venus's when it shut down. Unless both tectonics shut down AND flood basalts spew a huge amount of carbon into the atmosphere then the climate would probably reactualize itself.

It is impossible, Venus's oceans boiled due to the greater amount of heat it receives from the sun. We don't receive enough energy to boil the oceans even if we had 100 retention. Also as a geologist I think the flood basalt bullshit is overplayed as a factor, they'll claim that gases released from continental basalts is a big deal even though they correlate with more important tectonic events(the conversion of ocean ridges to rises by increased spreading rates) which contribute far more to changes in sea level.

Venus also has very different rheology, it has a weak magnetic field despite it's mass which indicates it has a much smaller and less mobile liquid outer core. It may have far less volitiles in general simply because it formed closer to the sun they they were driven off before the planet accreted. Earth's water comes mostly from the mantel, there is so much water that dehydrating the lithosphere asthenosphere is essentially impossible.

Didn't a flood basalt eruption in Siberia cause the Permian-Triassic extinction event?

I'm not buying OPs article, but if it happened once 250 Mya, couldn't it happen again in another 250 million years?

See

I think that is total bullshit myself. The "extinction" had more to do with the continental collision. The total area of continental shelf and coastline (where most life lives) decreased and we had large inland deserts. I use the "quotes" because the extinction event like many wasn't what public imagination perceives it to be. There were large layers of coal and black shale laid down in late Permian. Life wasn't having a problem surviving by the homogenization of habits caused higher competition and a total reduction in niche's. There are also large oxidization layers(red beds) which might have reduced the total oxygen content in the atmosphere by as much as 2%, this would also effect the dissovled oxygen content in the ocean. This small change wouldn't harm humans today but it can impact the long term viability of invertebrates and other organisms with less efficient methods of respiration. Which in turn effects many others organisms. The attribution of the extinction event to the basalt events alone or even primarily really pisses me off as the Permian-Triassic was actually much cooler than the Carboniferous which preceded it. Climatic shifts absolutely cause extinction events, organisms are often highly specialized and cannot adapt but attributing all extinction events solely to climate(especially the largest extinction events) is a joke and no real paleontologist takes it seriously given how constant climate changes are.

It could but it's important to consider that the Earth is cooling off inside. As it cools there's less and less likelihood that major volcanic happenings will happen. Also no one really knows what causes large igneous provinces. One theory is that the happen at the antipode of asteroid strikes.
And the volume of lava that erupted on Venus was huge compared to the Siberian Traps. Basically everything except the few highland regions in that Venus map were covered in lava. Compare to the extent of the Siberian basalt flood.

Venus may geologically dead or nearly so at this point too. Really hard to say without extensive probing.

Nice to see an user here who actually knows some of the issues.

However, a planetary carbon cascade most certainly can happen here. Earth's interior is easily hot enough, though that's not a major factor. The atmosphere can expand to absorb all evaporated crustal water, if it comes to that, and Earth does have sufficient gravity to hold such an atmosphere in place. The OH2 would be replaced by NOx in short order, hydrogen leaving the planet. We would have to learn to breathe methane.

A carbon cascade would not happen immediately, but within the next 50 years or so humanity needs to start developing carbon sequestration technologies to mitigate it. And we will, if we don't nuke Western Civ. out of existence, or get overrun by the tools of Jews - ISIS and (((leftist communist pinko faggot revolutionaries))). Within about 2-300 yrs we should have repleted our atmosphere with more benign gasses, but it will be a major effort.

For now, the idiots who associate any concern for the environment with the Left are just tools reinforcing a social division, not addressing what is objectively occurring.

Hearty chuckle user.

According to Al Gore, you weren't here to write this and we aren't here to read it because we all died in 2010 when Global Warming melted the icecaps. Chicken Little is never wrong.

Well, what can anyone say to that? You don't understand how the estimates are made and you're unwilling to learn. So yes, I guess there's no way to contradict willing ignorance.

Anyone mind if I start up a degeneracy thread?

Why is Holla Forums always so right?

nuclear winter should even it out

No scientists predicted that. Stop listening to Al Gore. Global warming is real, it's going to make life hard as fuck and will start wars. Don't think of it as apocalyptic. Think of it as something that will make you poor. Because that's what it's actually going to do to you, assuming you don't live in a third world shithole.

It is possible maybe even likely that the Earth wouldn't go that far and we would only return to a Hothouse Earth with ice free subtropical polar regions. That would still cause a mass extinction event and upend much of human civilization but it's more than survivable.
The simplest low tech method would be to use mosquito fern. It really sucks up carbon and it reproduces exponentially every few days. It's good for other kinds of bio remediation too.

That OC is fucking incredible. PRAISE KEK! The Kalki comes! PURGE THE FILTH!

Sadly this. If we're facing global catastrophe, they will accomplish nothing. In the 1970s we managed to coordinate the white west into phasing out CFCs and now the ozone is mostly restored. It took a lot of rational, international actors, and engineering to accomplish. That kind of cooperation and unity of purpose could never be accomplished today. All proposed "solutions" to global warming are just Jewish banking schemes. The Jews will turn the planet into Venus if they cam make shekels doing it, and they essentially rule our nations now.

of course we do
do you think the monogamy fetish was just a flook?