Grand Retard Day - Dark Souls

archive.is/TZUxr
Plebbit are having a day where they all create a new character on June 10th.
There was another plebbit thread where they're going to change their names to their plebbit handles. Seems like it would be easy salt mining.

Do you fags want to ruin their day?
Grab your cheat engines and SL1 characters and ruin their shit.

DaS1 general I guess

More importantly, how could I reliably invade them specifically?

It would really depend on the system, unlike demon souls Dark souls is on the Ps3, 360, and PC. I already have a low level character, I love invading losers in Sen's Funhouse. But I doubt we could invade them much unless they get on in really large numbers

I hate the fact that they took the piss out of the dark wraiths so much in DS1. Very arduous to get the red eye orb compared to the soapstone and blue eye orb. Can't use your estus, and can only invade someone 10% below your level and infinitely upwards. While the soapstone can net players within 10 level, or 20% of their soul level which ever is greater. PvE fags not even once

If you keep breaking your toys, mom ends up taking them away from you.
You never learned.

It's hardly that. The reason they did it was to appeal to reddit kiddies who can't handle a challenge, on top of that it goes against the very nature of the game. Which is to say provide the player a challenge to make a satisfying game to beat. The thing is though no matter how good the AI is it is still an AI. The Dark wraiths are an indispensable part of the souls games because the dark wraith is an enemy that can match the player in terms of wit, they can make mistakes, and fight in ways you may not realize you could. The Dark Wraiths provide a necessary and noble function, the game would be boring without it

Eh, in Dark Souls there's not even a reason for going Human, like at all.
I don't know how reddit kiddies manage to get invaded so much.

only for the usual aesthetic factor, that's what I hate hollowing in the first game.

Eh in Demon Souls there was barely ever a reason to go human too.
I mean, you get the Cling Ring in the first fucking area after finding the first shortcurt.

I just want to see my undead waifu's face/body without being grossed out.

There is when you're shit at the game and need your hand held past bosses. Time to dust off the SL1 dickwraith.

good ol malcom reynolds is going too
i was thinking of breaking out my magic mike build

Oh yeah, I forgot that people actually summoned in their first playthrough.
The games aren't even that hard, summoning on the first playthrough is just ruining it for yourself.
Although it's excusable for BoC

i never summoned once, except for tarkus because i wanted to see him solo the iron golem

I only summoned solaire in the final fight because it seemed like the right thing to do. Otherwise never, except on repeat playthroughs

I summon whenever I want or feel like it, and I feel no need to justify myself, also, dem sunlight medals, too bad Solaire almost never survives Gaping Dragon or Centipede Demon.

no
don't ruin the only good dark souls game you fags

i made my most obscure builds in that game

I usually always summon for a boss fight just because, gotta get those sunlight medals. I almost always have to solo certain bosses though. I almost never see a summon sign near capra. I mean yah you can solo all the bosses really easily, but you might as well bring someone along for fun

>I'm good at video games brute forcing a win

Some stuff only appears if you summon certain NPCs like Beatrice, her staff looks cool.

wat

Lets be honest though, pyromancy/demon's spear will probably be the best way to piss these people off no?

Isn't demon spear a little slow with certain attacks?

Her stuff still appears, without summoning her, after beating the Four Kings. However I believe it is still the only way to get the paladin's or thorns set.

You have to summon her against Moonlight Butterfly, otherwise her stuff doesn't appear after beating the 4 kings.

Only it's power attack which is useless anyways. It has the longest reach in the game though, and only does weak damage when you start meeting much higher level characters. It's a very powerful low level weapon, and pretty easy to upgrade since it requires demon titanite

also, yes, Paladin set only appears after you summon Leeroy, I don't know if you also need to defeat him, for the thorns set it is not a summon but three invasions from Kirk.

Which requires human form.

I still received Beatrice's set and catalyst without summoning her for either fight. You need to summon her for the moonlight fight to summon her for the kings fight though.

I have to re-check then, I am pretty sure not summoning her at least once made her impossible to get her stuff.

No you don't have to summon her at all to get her items. I never summoned her for either fight in many new games

Guess I forgot something then, anyway.

I should have been more clear that my point was you can only get those two sets by being human. I'm on a shitty tablet right now so I'm trying (and failing) to be efficient with my words.

To be totally clear:
You do NOT need to summon Beatrice for her armor to appear, just beat 4 kings.
You do NOT need to summon Leeroy, but you do need to be human to trigger his invasion.
You obviously can't summon Kirk, but you do need to trigger all three of his invasions. And probably stack some item discovery since barbed sword and shield aren't guaranteed drops.

I can personally vouch for all of this.

You are human garbage and do not understand the true nature of domination.

I always get sword and shield, not in that order and not guaranteed on the first or second encounter, that is, he may drop the first, not the second and the third, or not drop the first, drop the second and the final, at least that's what happened to me.

Is there a way to observe bosses without getting your ass kicked until you have learned their patterns?

I want to enjoy this series but being unable to beat a boss on the first try makes me want to break my computer.

Be a faggot and use a shield

get summoned as a phantom for someone else and fight until you die or win.

You don't understand. I can't die. If I can't top a boss on my first try, SL1, bare ass naked, that means someone in the world is better than me, and that makes my fucking blood boil.

Survive Capra Demon like 10 times straight maybe? I don't know, but is a good practice.

If you're serious and not just fucking around I guess you could go into a fight, watch the moves the boess does, and then homeward bone/darksign out of the fight if you are about to die. If you don't care about looking like a dick you can put your sign down, get summoned, and just observe the host as he fights a boss

boss*

Yeah, they have a pretty decent drop-rate. It just isn't guaranteed. I suggested stacking ID to avoid RNG potentially shitting on you.

So far I get the full set every time I decide to take on Kirk.