Persona 5 = English Dub Only

Not that it's any surprise, but it's been confirmed.

Who else /sayingfuckitandimportingthenipversion/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive
foolz.fireden.net/v/search/text/"polite sage"/order/asc/
web.archive.org/web/20100723140834/http://green-oval.net/cgi-board.pl/a/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fine, just don't put the Burch cucks in there again

FUCKING BULLSHIT

Good ol' Commiefornia.

Why dub a weeb game? Most weeaboo faggots like jap audio so why go through the trouble of dubbing the whole game in English?

So they can organ harvest a few more shekels from ATLUS JP

Because "localizers" actually believe that people are afraid of Japanese culture.

because localizers get more money that way

It's still a nickelodeon-tier story for kids regardless of what language it's in.

they are
Jap culture is shit and only loved by a handful of extremely autistic faggots you see parade around has gender swapped characters at cosplay cons

why?
I usually go dub but why would you not put in dual audio? Do they hate money?

I understand that since this is a weeb game it's weeb fans would want some weeb shit like Jap audio.

But it's still some autistic stuff to want to hear chink squeals you won't understand 99% of the time.

no they're not you retard, if they were then Final Fantasy VII and Devil May Cry wouldn't have been as successful as they were

They are worried that Japs would import from a cheaper place.

I really don't get the sentiment of hearing the game 'in it's native language' some of these faggots have seeing as they don't know moon at all, and if they did, listening is far different from reading. They're better off getting full moon version to keep the dialogue the same as the voices.

Atlus has this really fucking odd policy of never including the JP audio.

That makes sense then (probably).

Well I don't give a shit. Subs are overrated anway

What I don't get is subfags will turn around and read english manga without a second thought.

Please tell me she isn't voicing a character in the game because i won't be buying it.

I can actually tolerate some dubs but the Persona dubs are unbelievably bad.
Whoever thought it was acceptable to put Japanese honorifics in an English dub should just be fucking shot.

One reason i heard is because the VAs either have some sort of copyright on the audio legally preventing it from coming over or hr VAs hate the west so they wont let the na version get their audio.

I like JP audio in games as a way to check the quality of the localisation. With all the 'thank god i can fix that' regards scripts going around these days, i do not trust localisation teams.

Because there's no other option if you can't read moonrunes well enough to read raws.
With anime and games there's an easy compromise option available that gets you closer to the original without needing you to understand moon–why would you not take it?

Usually licensing issues are the cause. Sometimes the agents for the Japanese voice actors don't want to bother going through a bunch of paper work so they can give the okay to have a Japanese dub overseas. If a single agent says no for whatever reason, then there's no Japanese dub, simple as that.

Me, although it's pretty annoying to do.

Hang on.
I saw a bit of the Persona 4 anime the other day. The dub for that was fucking horrible. they also did the japanese honorifics shit which makes me question why the dub exists in the first place. There was this one blond kid in particular who was fucking unbearable.

It's not as bad as that is it?

Yes, it is exactly that bad.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

DELETE THIS

No, that is the dub style for Persona since 3. I'm not as buttblasted over honorifics, since that's what you say in English when talking to Japanese clients you know better, rather than Mister/Miss X. But if it kills it for you, avoid Persona.

PLEASE RESPOND!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Persona 3 and 4 doing this in the dub pisses me off, you're dubbing it for english speakers then they go talking Korean mid sentance, it's like the lines are being spoken by Fujoshits at a anime convention.

because dubs are usually fucking abhorrent.
Unless you want to spend a shitload of money you are not going to get a decent voice actor in America.
In japan every other woman and dude is a voice actor.

deleted the other thread :^)

Persona might be one of the last hold outs.

I've been asking for dual audio for years and more and more games have the JPN track.

Atelier, Ar Tonelico, Tales, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy. They are all dual audio now. Yokatta!

There are plenty of unknown VAs better than the big ones for cheaper, but noone hires them.

Or just play an undub.

Another reason to hope for a PC port.

Fucking bullshit indeed, even without she-Burch their VAs generally suck.

In Atlus's case it is because they don't want people "reverse" importing. They want to charge Nips more for the game than they can a US audience. Same reason they tore out Japanese voices from P4AU after people whined that P4A was region locked and they had to keep P4AU region unlocked.

Its really fucking stupid and I'm beginning to hate Atlus for it.

It has to do with culture. I live in a country were dubbing is only ever done for kid shows under 12.

People don't usually consider the voice actors in their brain to be shit. The same cannot be said for the voice actors in dubbed weeb games.

polite sage is reddit cancer that never existed 2 years back.

People have been politely saging for over a dozen years now.

I think it's more the direction that's the problem than the actors themselves, honestly. If you look at a Japanese game where the English voices are the original, like Bayonetta, the English track is fine. I tried the Japanese voices in Bayonetta 2 and it just didn't feel right. When you have a cheap localization team that just puts the actors in a room with the script and has them read their lines without context or guidance, you get shit results.

In general I do like Japanese VAs better and feel like they tend to give more memorable performances but I don't think that's the main factor behind dubs being garbage.

That still has all the things these people complain about in the script, an undub doesn't undo localization in most cases.

To thwart reverse importation so Atlus Japan can ensure nips don't cheap out and buy the cheaper American version.

Sorry newfag. calling people redditors for no reason doesn't help you fit in.

forgot to mention, way ahead of you there.

I won't be bothering with the game then. I'll just download the OST.

No they have not I have been here nigger.
It has only existed 6 months after the exodus when we had a flood of reddit posters.
Off topic discussion is so normal that many boards have created much of their OC about it.
Its where "I want to fuck that horse" and "Drow pussy spiders" come from.

I could care less about fitting in you faggot, I just KNOW its not a thing that has never existed prior to 2 years ago.
Listen to the word.
POLITE SAGE
POLITE
Does that sound like something normal for here?
Politeness where half the user are asking for someone to kill themselves and everyone refers to each other as faggots?
Fuck the most polite board to ever exist /tg/ doesn't even have sage.

No, I'm sorry, but jap voice acting isn't the magical paradise of Shakespearean acting you've been led to believe. While it's important to keep the original voices, seiyuus in anime and vidya are mostly at the bottom rung of the Japanese actor food chain.

Honorifics in subs are a lot less obnoxious than honorifics in dubs. Sure, it's arguably lazy for an official translation (though for fansubs being released while the work is ongoing I have zero problem with it), but at least it doesn't make all the characters sound like weeaboos.
More severe issues with localization aren't fixed, but it's better than nothing.

Except that the NA version is coming out 6 months later.

Newfag, get off the board. Polite saging has existed long before you used imageboards. And seeing as you seem to think the only point of an imageboard is to be edgy and X-TREME, you should go right back to Reddit.

My knowledge of dubs comes from anime, the only decent English sub I have ever heard was Dragon Ball Z.

this. The only reason people think jap voice acting is good is because they don't speak the language.

top kek
Now politely fuck off, user.

You're so ignorant you don't even realize how wrong you are.

It is polite to sage if you believe your post to be not worth bumping the thread.

Wasn't planing on getting it anyway. Will get FFXII
and maybe FFXV after price drop if it's good since the gameplay looked like shit and both demos were bad.

You talk as if anyone here actually know what those squiggly fucking bullshit line actually spell.

It costs some cash to license jap VAs voices for release outside of Japan. They are highly respected (among turbonerds) in Japan with people watching anime or playing games just because there's a VA they like on it. As such their paying rate is slightly more than VAs in the west where people just don't give a fuck on who voiced who.

So it's actually cheaper for Atlus to hire some bums like Burch and use the first shitty take on every voice to save time and money.

Or maybe English is shit language. They voice young characters like 50 years old characters.

I've seen it before and its something that only existed for the last 2 years and reeks of reddit.
Funny how you haven't actually made a rebuttal.

What's next you telling me I'm uneducated for making a argument you can't make a rebuttal against?
Explain to me where did it start when?
I've been on Holla Forums Holla Forums /vg/ /tg/ /toy/ and /mu/ and have never seen it before.

That isn't what I'm referring to.

Can we fucking stop with this shit? Not knowing the language has almost no effect on your ability to hear the quality of the acting. The language barrier masks the quality of writing (because you can never be quite sure if shit writing is the translator's fault or was there in the original) not acting.

If you don't believe me, go watch AKB0048. The main group of girls are voiced by AKB members without VA experience, the older girls are voiced by professionals. You can hear the difference, and you can also hear the non-professionals improving as the series progresses and they get more comfortable.

2channel, 1999.

Oh my god!
I LOOK LIKE THE CUCKSISTER!
Just end it all Pete.

Nah its mostly a recording studio issue, since they don't want to negotiate with gaijins.

Are you saying you're a /cuteboy/ or something?

So the exact same as the West
You could use that fact to argue that it's worse. "These untalented hacks do it for the money as opposed to the glorious west where they don't get paid shit but keep doing it out of passion" or some shit like that.

Nothing related to burches can be cute user. But yeah, people keep telling me i have a very feminine face whenever i shave my beard.

Prove it.
Because unless you speak moon runes you were not there and haven't a clue what the rules and culture there is.
In fact by bringing up 2ch like a fucking idiot thinking that referencing a board that's only influence on 4chan was that they were built off the same code.
They never had similar culture and rarely shared any content.

Unless you are suggesting that for the first couple years of 4chaims existence it was filled with self-hating Americans talking about the collapse of Japan due to Western American influence.

Do you have hazel eyes, user?

Really? I have never heard of a normalfag saying they are looking foward to the newest Uncharted because of Nolan North or even a weeb saying they will buy the newest Spike Chunsoft game because Miyuko Sawashiro voices a cute girl in it.

People around here seem to not care in general, voice actor threads barely even show up in Holla Forums.

He isn't wrong though. This actually is the reason Atlus gives for not including Japanese with other Persona games. He is just wrong to blame Atlus Japan only.

kek. Now here is your downvote, user.

POST PEANUS WEENUS

If you can't read moonrunes, then you have no way of knowing if anything I'm saying is right anyway.
I could tell you ハッキング」から「今晩のおかずまで means "moot gargles donkey nuts on a balcony" and you wouldn't have a damn clue if I was right or not.
So tell me, user, how am I supposed to prove this to you?

You seemed to suggest that it's the gamers and otaku that know who VAs are.

I'll just go JP digital on PS3. It would be totally impossible to dodge spoilers for 5 goddamn months and judging by the menus gameplay should be pretty import friendly. Still sad it came to this, Atlus is clueless.

Personally, I don't recognize a lot of JP VA so I would never get excited over that, but hearing decent voices and learning they're in other projects makes me interested in them. Definitely not as into it as the nips seem to be, since they buy drama CDs and watch all the OVAs for a series they like for a good VA. Comparing it outside of vidya, the west does do this with movies. How many movies are sold by just having Matt Damon in it?

Games already being censored in NA, they don't want to add JP voices and an uncensored version.

I never imported before, guess now would be a good time to start.

Polite sage became a thing when "sage bombing" became a thing on 4cuck because Reddit thought people saging their threads were downvoting them.

DBZs dub is fucking garbage

I'm really fucking sick of so called purists who give DBZ a pass when it comes to claiming what a good dub is, all because Nozowa as Goku sounds like a grandma. If you can tolerate pipsqueek moeblobs, you can listen to Jap Goku.

Sorry, they're black.

Fuck off with that. They're pushing a mascot character, not censoring anything. The lowest denominator of weeb trash want to buy merchandise of it because 'it's cute!', so of course they'd do everything to not cover the face.

Okay, what I meant is, Holla Forums knows who voice actors are and japanese nerds knows who voice actors are but you just don't understimate japs, they are fucking obsessed with VAs and will buy a dozen copies of the same overpriced game for their favorite VAs and VA agents value their little goldmines because they know just how to milk them for maximum profit.

That complicated negotiations with jap agencies, especially since they think their VAs are worth more than they actually are in the west too, what with no fucking jap seeming to have any idea how shit goes outside of their island.

You're not even following the conversation correctly.

Exactly your referencing a board that uses another language so you can sit there with an unprovable point and dress it up as legitimate proof.
My point was that 2ch and 4chaim had NOTHING to do with each other when they first started other then similar code.
So to point to 2ch and say that's where polite saging comes from just sounds like you wanted to reference the oldest imageboard regardless with unprovable claims in order to boost yourself up with boardcred.

All of it cancerous and self-fellating.
So maybe you aren't from reddit but you sure as hell act like one.

Im a staunch anti censorship advocate, but i think your reaching a bit here, that really does just look like the moved the cats face so as not to be covered by the bigger ratings logo.

Both dubs were objectively shit you nostalgia blinded faggot.

Voice actors aren't royalty in Japan, only otakus care about them. Again, they're only marginally more famous than American VAs.

Are you seriously implying there's something wrong with MONDO COOL?

She is one though, she's in her 70's.

Kek I believe it. Redditors take everything so fucking personal.

Wouldn't that be a case of poor writing not dubs?
Not disagreeing it was bad however the actual voice acting was bearable.
I mean bearable as in I could sit down and watch it without the voices ruining it.

*can't handle silence

Nigga have you ever listened to a funimation dub?

"Polite" sageing in a thread with lots of activity is like tipping a fedora

I didn't say they were, I even mentioned only otaku cared.

downvoted and filtered

Go back and watch the entire Freeza, Cell, and Garlic Jr arcs, then tell me it's good. It isn't. And the script IS ENTIRELY REWRITTEN and only occasionally accurate to the Japanese, and that's just as important as the acting.

You only thought it was bearable because you were 11. Don't worry, I was the same way. If you're an adult you'll cringe at how shit it is.

Like Dragon Ball Z?

Didn't she voice that stupid OC in DAN that no one likes? That no one makes fan art or doujins of? The one that people have basically forgotten even exists? The who's popularity was beaten out by the P4AU OC not-Deidara kid?
I wouldn't worry too much about her coming back

She was in her 50s in the 90s. Now she's an old hag, sure.

Fuck you user, YOURE CRAMPIN' MAH STYLE.

I know your still reading user.
I know your booty hurts.

Show me where I said good.
Nigga show me.
Just like the nigger above people use words read them before making a post.

I am fully aware of the problems with the voice acting.
I am aware bulma sounds like she is well in her 50s.
I am aware of the childish writing.

What I am saying is compared to some dubs, which I shit you not can be unintelligible do to the piss poor acting and americans trying to do Japanese honorifics or go KAWWWAAAI SUGGGOIII!!11111
Makes me want to start embedding nails into my ears.

Update: They're trying at least. Even if it's minimal effort they're at the very least aware of the demand and exploring the possibility.

Sorry, you said "bearable", and no, it isn't. And compared to most dubs, not even some, it's plain fucking shit and not remotely "bearable". It has shit to mediocre acting with an awful script.

GREAT GALAXY user, just admit it.

No, she dubs Rise. She did however dub the OC character nobody gives a shit on Persona Q.

That's code for "it's not happening."

No its code for JP audio will be payed DLC.

user, it's worse than that. She was Rise in DAN. She was the shitty OC in Q.

Be a man and just say yes or no, I sure as fuck ain't buying JP voices DLC ever again. Fucking Drakengard 3.

Rei was pretty cute. I got her on the love test.

hey newfag i just wanted to let you know that sage has been used with polite intent for longer than you've been browsing web BBSs, don't embarrass yourself further

to other newfags: try not to out yourself so aggressively

(1)
You almost got me faggot.

no, you said Japs, implying as if a large of Japan is into chinese cartoon actors. They're not.

Well that only hurts her chance of coming back. Because they make a point to not reuse party member VAs. Although DAN was just a spinoff I think if she did show up in Persona 5 it'd probably be as Rise. As part of some in-game TV advertisement.
I'm not too worried about her voicing someone we'd actually give a shit about like Squid-chan

I don't know what you mean by that. I'm letting you know that you've made a fool of yourself comparing polite saging to reddit activity. The "sage is not a downvote" meme was made in response to people like you who think its use has implications that it does not.

Come on, it's [CURRENT YEAR], how hard is it to put fucking dual audio on a bluray disc?

they are doing it to make sure we can't hear the difference between the original gold, and politically correct 'localized' manure

There is a difference between saging as a downvote and polite saging.
Both are equally cancerous.
The picture that I posted earlier related to saging while downvoting is to show how like you, there are faggots out there who have no clue what the terms they are using mean but still go on to argue that they know what they are talking about.

Polite saging is saging when you post something off topic.
Which is amazing since the board has a history of great discussion which started on offtopic discussion.
I also mentioned the most polite board /tg/ didn't even have a sage feature and encourage off topic conversation, as every board did.

I don't know what you mean by this considering Yuri played Blue Jesus then Homosuke. Eikichi was played by Troy Baker who then played Kanji. Yu had two voices in the same game. Which got real dumb in the fighting games.

You fucking image stealing nigger.

no dual audio kinda killed the hype i had for this game

Actually, since Japan and the US share the same bluray region, Japs are even more afraid if reverse importation.

It's about as hard as dealing with the Yakuza. Which the Japanese VA industry is often compared to. The Japanese VA industry is really fucking shady, and with a game as dialog heavy as a mainline Persona game. Licensing those recordings will be a nightmare.

how do some games get away with it? like games that have no english dub at all?

"Saging as a downvote" doesn't exist. You interpret the act as a redditor would and continue to act like you have any idea what you're talking about when you don't. For instance there are multiple instances when a sage is polite, a quick second post to correct a mistake in your first for example. It's clear your only experience with bulletin board systems is 4chan and Holla Forums and you think you can extrapolate out to a wider culture that you in fact have no experience of.

It's an import for me.

What's Jun doing in this game?

They pay that extra cost to get those voices, hoping that a niche will buy the game to bring revenue and offset the cost.

By paying extra for the VAs. VAs get paid like fucking kings in Japan. And if their dialogue is used for other regions? They get a huge fucking pay bonus for it.
Hopefully Atlus's new relationship with SEGA gives us a better chance at Japanese audio.

And yet somehow even shit-tier companies like NISA manage to deliver dual audio all the time.

b-but I literally dindu

why are they being so greedy then? this isnt that niche of a series now. persona is pretty big and its coming out on a system that starved for games

(checked)
He's back to push his love for Tatsuya and to give us his nice smelling flowers.

I said jap nerds first and every time I mentioned japs from that point onwards it was pretty clear I was talking about otaku, when I just didn't straight up spell out otaku. I am not at fault for your poor reading comprehension.

Any chance of a hong kong ching chong version having english subs?

And please tell me they haven't already signed burch onboard…

Did she ruin sales for p4d or was that fucked anyway because p4d

B-but he's not supposed to remember or else the world gets blown away.

I think you are a contrarian faggot that is looking for an argument.
First off I was never discussing saging as a downvote, I merely posted a picture about it to which you lost your shit and somehow made up arguments for me.
Contradicts.
Also something that was never normal BEFORE 2014.
You seem to think that those other boards have anything to do with this board.
Also every other imageboard has been a spinoff of 4chaim, all of which are largely dead now.
So maybe they are dead because you are all such polite faggots?

VAs are not paid like fucking kings you fuck head. They make about as much as any VA does. Why do you think they work their asses off and provide their voices to tons and tons of productions? They're like any struggling actor in that they work their asses off to put food on the table. They're not fucking A list Hollywood talent who take on a few projects in a year and be set for life.

A boner never forgets, user.

No they have the english version with english audio last I checked for P4G

Shit excuse considering not moving the face would have obscured 1 extra tooth.

With all the fuss over this they might end up repositioning the cat again to re expose the cleavage, especially as they keep dropping the design not final line.

if she's gonna voice a character, when the game is english only, I'm not gonna give Atlus the fucking time of day, let alone any of my shekels.

I wish her and her brother would just drop dead already. They're such fucking shitstains.

I think you're projecting fiercely. I don't want to argue with you, I'm just informing you of your misapprehensions. It's you that continues to defend your position so angrily using information that someone with more experience would see as clearly false.

You don't understand these communities as well as you think you do, and you're making an ass of yourself. Further, it's angry fools such as yourself that cause these communities to deteriorate.

Actually with this extremely lazy edit of that pic in mspaint, I can kind of see their point.

You say this but you have yet to provide a single example of this being the normal.
Multiple people have already came out pointing out polite sage norm.
You are the outlier.
Which was the date that polite saging started, probably when you came here too.
Its like you lack the ability to read.
WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE YOU DOUBLE NIGGER

Are you purposely trying to sound as reddit as possible.
Wew

Fixed.

Anyone who whines about this is either an idiot or just false flagging to fuel a "fucking gamers amirite??" circlejerk

You seem to have this idea that imageboards are for edgy and X-treme teens such as yourself. Kindly redirect yourself to a different site, such as Reddit, or Tumblr. They will have posting better suited for you there.

Checked and triggered

It's just sad that you put so much energy into being so wrong. Enjoy your life but try to act a little less like a virulent newfag if you don't mind.

(checked)
Fucking nice.

Please show me where I did any of that?

I'm sure you believe that's whats happening here.
You would think after making so many posts you would of actually made an argument or a point other then being a pretentious twat.

Why would it? The mainline Persona games never have dual audio.

You know, just because you're on an anonymous imageboard and you can act like a violent nigger all day doesn't mean you should.

My point was that the board isn't about being an angry fucking retard its also the farthest from being "polite"

Also when someone calls me faggot here, I don't consider them rude and don't consider them angry, I just think of it as another word for saying user at this point.
In fact user has become an endearing term because its one of the few words you can call someone that isn't a fucking insult.

People call themselves neckbeard, refer to fans of games as (something)-fag.

Neither did FF till recently, now they all do. PC player taken nothing less then dusl audio, tales games now have it due to PC also.

Do you faggots jump at everything and cry "CENSORSHIP?" Jesus fuck, at least wait until something happens like what they did with that shitty SMTxFE localization.

No japanese subs and a mascot moving to cover cleavage, which wasn't intentional, isn't enough to get triggered and try to start a riot.

Nah. I mean, not unless I learn the language by then.
Persona 4's was fine outside of the inconsistent honorifics. Honestly, even though it does take place in what is supposed to be rural Japan, I'd have preferred to not have honorifics. I mean, it is the English dub. We don't use those in English.

It's not about dubs being good or not. People here watch things in the language they're made. I took the time to learn English. Folks living in English speaking countries don't even need to do that.

Seriously I can't even imagine what my life would be like if I grew up in France or Germany. Imagine the Wire in German ha ha ha.
Lamar is now Hans.

People have the freedom to be polite here, dipshit.
Fuck you for making me explain this to you and fuck you for forcing me to phrase it like this so it penetrates your thick nigger skull.

Yeah but "polite sage" is a fucking reddit creation that didn't exist before 2014.
This was my point, everything else brought up was to point out how foriegn the mind set was.
Yes you can be polite, I would encourage you to find where I said that isn't allowable.
Seems a lot of jumping to extremes here.

Rise deserves better.

You're incorrect, but I have no proof for that beyond my own experience.
2014? Seriously?

eh I'm actually fine with them, before the Burch-ification.

Actually Tales of Symphonia HD on PS3 was the first Tales with JPN audio.

Us console fags have been asking for dual audio for years.

Dual audio is now viable for 3 reasons:

1 Japanese devs need money and anything that can help sales will be done
2 bluray
3 dubbing in English is too expensive for Japanese (increasingly) niché games

Yes.
2014, yes dude like totally serious, I know try not to SMH TBH just yet.

Yes polite sage is a new invention, its so fucking apparent.
I've already brought up several examples like the drow spiders.

Off topic discussion is the norm, it has happened in every board and has been a running joke that off topic discussion leads to better discussion with often OC created from it.

Why is everyone so new?!

American box art of Japanese games is always shit. Atlus is just honouring a tradition.

Dual audio was viable for that game because Namco didn't want to redub the sequel.

But Zestiria and the upcoming Berseria also have JPN audio tracks?

Phone and multitasking does that.

I occasionally have to leave the house sadly.

Because ever since the HD ports people have been badgering the devs for Jap audio. After all, xillia doesn't have dual audio, neither does hearts r(though they left the jap in because Bamco can't be bothered to make a good vita translation)

One time I was fapping watching porn on my I phone.
I had the fuckest hardest time getting pussy to type out.
I ended up slapping it with my dick which worked.
Try that user.
Slap your phone with your dick.
It would be funny he he.

No, polite sages happen in blogposts and extremely off-topic shit like when politics invade threads on Holla Forums. This has been happening for a long time you double nigger.

archive (removethis) .is/0UaAN

In fact, if the cuckchan archives were made earlier there would probably be even older examples, but seriously, "polite sage" has been around FOREVER. And you're the one who wants to go around calling people "redditors" for using the phrase? Sorry, but I think your newfag is showing and you'll need to do some more lurking before posting again.

Also, polite sage for off topic.

No it hasn't.
Sorry bud.

Still loudly declaring you're a newfag, I see.

I think you're the Redditor here.

Polite sage.

Wew

>archive (removethis) .is/0UaAN

Did you forget to remove the fucking spaces when you removed the fucking "(removethis)" dipshit?

But fine, here's the direct link since you're such retard:foolz.fireden.net/_/search/text/"polite sage"/order/asc/

You win user, have some tits.

Stop being so new.
Fucking stop it.

You can't even type a link in correctly and you're still angry? Do you get enjoyment out of being wrong?

Not really a Reddit creation as more of a newfag creation: since people forgot what sage use is and started the whole "le sage is a downboat XDDD" people had to specifically says that the sage was used because the reply had nothing to do with the thread.

So wait, you're guys proof that polite sage is normal for Holla Forums is because it was used on /a/ and /jp/
So so I can get this straight, you guys want to implement something that originates from /jp/ and /a/
Wew, I may be retarded but in the presences of such goliaths of thought I might be machiavelli

She's fine if you ignore DAN.

You did it. Good job, user.

It's persona so it'll probably be trash anyways.

I'm sorry you got told so hard, but if you weren't so loud about being new it wouldn't happen that way.

I can't tell if you're DSP or just a shitposter.

Either way you're doing a good job baiting.

You actually proved my point thanks.

Though I would like to rescind my earlier statement about redditors, its clear you are shitposters from /a/
Guess you learn something every day.

wew lads

And post-2010, I'm sure. You should've taken my advice about not embarrassing yourself further.

This

And you also seem to be unaware of the fact that /a/ and /jp/ were among the earliest boards to be archived, but if you want further proof that "polite sage" was used regularly on Holla Forums as well then here: foolz.fireden.net/v/search/text/"polite sage"/order/asc/

Holy fuck nigger, I love this, I don't think I need to make any more arguments, If you continue to post you will eventually make them all for me.

I'm not embarrassed user are you?

always so cute

This is a good post.

Not with /a/ or /jp/
Especially not with /jp/ you fucking weeb.
/a/ has been despised for being a board dedicated to anime but with the worst taste in anime.
Like if you came to Holla Forums expecting good video games recommendation but instead you got 20 niggers with 10 threads on call of duty.
And asking the best loadout got 10 replies with accusations of wanting to be spoonfed.

If you had any decency or self-respect you would be

check em

Hey, dumbass, foolz didn't start archving Holla Forums until 2012.

For what beating you in an argument?

How convenient.
So you never did answer my question, do you think /jp/ or /a/ customs would be better for this board?

Ruined…

I've never encountered someone so dedicated to shitposting

Careful user, he'll call you out on that polite sage!

Do you even read your own fucking posts

And the archive link here

Shows that at least with Holla Forums it been used even earlier than you fucking claim. Like I said if the archives came in earlier, even older examples would be shown.

Go fucking look for yourself if you don't believe me, nigger.

We can save it…

But both DMC and FF appeal to edgy teenagers.

I know. Just get Laura again.

She was doing Gears of War,did they finished it?

So do you think /a/ or /jp/ customs will make this board better?

I do, I hope you do too.
Already disproven 2012 was compromised.
Funny Holla Forums has gotten worse on 4chaim up till the exodus.
What you are showing is cancer on /jp/ and /a/ slowly making its way Holla Forums.
What its like being cancer, you do understand you are killing your host?

I know.I have to review my english grammar again in the future,every now and then i make some error.

make rise great again

Not sure. Laura needs to take priorities though.

Rise has nothing to save, she is a shit waifu.
All of the P4 girls were total garbage, and there was only one P3 girl worth a shit that wasn't a toaster.

Rise isn't even my waifu and I'm inclined to say you have shit taste.

Fight me, nigger.

Not denying that, just defending Rise.

Yukiko was pure waifu material: she was simple,had a steady and lucrative job, no overcomplicated bullshit like being a tomboy,a idol or a potential tranny, she can cook and observe the traditional oriental housewife custom.

What's it like down there? With your shit opinion?

BORING

You'll have to go back once Trump is president.

She made me fall asleep.

Pretty fucking great, actually.

Mah nigga!

Not American user.I support your crusade against illegal invade though.

Of course she is.But at least i don't have to worry about her being a slut who sells her body for a steak, an idol who would suck dicks for a little part in a show, or a mentally ill tranny who tries to castrate me when i'm sleeping or want to peg me.
Also

Big fucking deal considering the other.

Fite_me.irl

Yukari's the best.

All opinions discarded.

Sounds like a dumb bitch, fam tbh

All of that shit you said is exactly the reason all of the girls in P4 are shit.
No lie, I would rather date Kanji. At least, aside from the gay sex, it would be cool.

Yukari is a slut with daddy issues who won't even talk to you until you're Chad Thundercock.

Sounds like true love.

Mitsuru won't talk to you until you're Einstein and Fuuka won't talk to you until you're Ahnold.

Yeah, they're shit, too.
The fact that they're next to useless in combat doesn't help, either.

Where is that ever implied though
You'd probably be fucked up too if one day your dad never came home as a 6 year old. Even then, the daddy issues never present themselves.
Kinda, popularity != dick normalfagness. And in the end, she still puts popularity behind and would rather love you instead.

Sounds like is correct.

I'm exaggerating user.
In reality i prefer Naoto because reverse-trap make my dick diamond and she has the biggest tits of all,also she looks cute in skirt and would only wear it for you.She is also prudish and blush for everything, prime bullying material.

But Yukiko is the de-facto waifu: if you want a simple life, a loving wife without problems and a safe home economy she is the one.

She is a heal slut in gameplay and in plot as well, get a taste.

Here's an actual woman for once.

The earliest archive was green-oval and green-oval is dead. web.archive.org/web/20100723140834/http://green-oval.net/cgi-board.pl/a/

she cant cook for shit and her cooking would probably kill you

Posting about Misturu, I see. Yukari only talks about her dad after she learns what happens to him.
She is, she doesn't Marin Karin all the time.

The evoker thing is an understandable criticism, but she does get over it.

It's threads arguing about waifus that makes me miss >>>/persona/

All I ask is Cristina Vee for Anne.
That is literally all I ask for.

is persona 5 going to show up at e3?

Mitsuru's strength is using mind charge + bufudyne, damage wise she is stronger than Yukari.

Yep, but it won't be released until fucking 2017 which sucks.

Yes

Yukiko learns to do it.
Naoto would probably poison me and i'll die while being culled by her breasts.Seems a pretty good deal

She is into femdom, Potter-kun is going to get whipped.

are you forgetting naoto is apparently great at cooking

Mitsuru barely mentions she has a father, Yukari is the one that shoves her daddy issues in after she finds out about your past.

Mitsuru wouldn't want a failure of a leader anyway.

Are the P3 any good?

P3 movies*

From what I've heard, the first one is fine, but the sequels turn it into Aigis and friends.

I can't remember that, but it's another good point.She could feed me while i rest my head on her lap.

Well, Chie can actually make muffins…That's it. Hey, it's something.

She probably can cook steak/meat related too,so prepare for a life of muffin and meat.

Yes. Hopefully with some gameplay and/or a trailer featuring the English VAs. That's what I need right now.

I'm down with that.

I guessed as much, I've seen the first one and enjoyed it, kept away from the last 2 because of just that. Hopefully they nail the final part.

retards. it's like the stupid anime va shit. It was bad to begin with, im native japanese.

the middle movies are typically the ones with the most filler

my man

Then let's celebrate

That meme again?

Sure.

Persona is basically the japanese My Little Poney

Even if that were objectively true, it's irrelevant because it's still a feature that people like. It's not a tool, it's a piece of entertainment media. If "objectively bad voice acting in another language" increases the subjective enjoyment, then it's a positive addition. Call people ignorant or whatever all you like but they're plenty justified in complaining. They want a positive feature in a game, they're not getting it, they're displeased. Voicing complaints is a method for individuals to sway common opinion and make themselves heard with the hope that that specific title, or future titles, will have the feature they want you fucking autist.

Nigga, I've seen so much "Im native Nippon" bullshit posted before. I'm always gonna doubt it.

i'm not the caring about voice acting in language i dont speak, fatty american nerd

Post a picture of your dick Mix It Frank.

PS3 version, rip disc on CFW PS3, patching in the JP voices.

Goddamn it, Atlus.

Is that suppose to be a girl, or a slightly effeminate man?

no fucking excuse

what is with white people and being obsessed with gay boys.??

I assume what he is referring to there is having to renegotiate the voice contracts to include overseas distribution because for some fucking reason they dont put that in the base contract for a game that is clearly going overseas.

Don't know, i'm not the one who posted the pic of a gay boy.

what is with white people and being obsessed with gay boys.??

but your media is dedicated to gay boys? it is on your shows all time. so i assume you are gay along.

Pity. I know Nip, but I was thinking about playing it in English. The other 20 JRPGs I've played in Nip weren't a big deal, but Persona 3 and 4 got tiring. It's the social aspect of it really (and the fact that I've played 20ish JRPGs in Japanese and have been doing so since late 2014 with only some English games and non-JRPGs here and there probably isn't helping, I'm probably burning out).

Well, I like what I've heard of the Persona 4 Golden dub, so as long as Persona 5's is fine and there's no terrible changes I may still play it in English anyway. Otherwise, Japanese for me.

So glad I grew passed the mentally ill waifu shit. Any self aware rational human bean should kill themselves if they participate in this cringefest.

Go back to Reddit, you turbofaggot.

she forgets about you just as fast as everyone in the answer. the only girl who gives a shit about pc is Elizabeth

also, why whites hate own culture so much they rather have games in my language?

it funny.

Don't know, why do your women look like gay men?

Oh wise one please enlighten us on your normalfaggotry

Mitsuru senpai is trés bien.

Newfag

Polite sage

Oh yeah, you sure are Japanese

Damn seniors and their damn french.

(checked)

Fuck off Stupei

Except that she doesn't speak French, she speaks Japanese with English sprinkled in. The French was localisation shenanigans.

Oh shut up, Yuka-tan.

and frankly, the game was better for it, now if only they'd stop adding in the fucking honorifics.

Ah yes, because it makes perfect sense to have her speak English with English sprinkled in.

You flip it you idiot, have her speak japanese where she spoke english.

Ha didn't know that. Makes sense she speaks a foreign language since her dad is on the board of a multi billion corp. She must travel and socialise with foreigners a lot.

In Japan speaking English is pretty elite. I guess French is kinda the same in America?

Reminder P1 was the only good persona game.

That's pretty common in localization, and I'm fine with it. Like that little girl in Persona 4 when you go to pick up chicks, she speaks perfect English in the Japanese version, but it was changed to Spanish for the English version.

I'm not sure what happened in the English version, but at one point in the Japanese version she says "Beautiful", which Junpei has a hard time pronouncing, and he says "We're in Japan, speak Japanese." Teddie/Kuma also throws in a lot of random English in Persona 4.

It's certainly the best at any rate.

As long as the language doesn't come from a third world, you're fine.

And make them sound even more like weeaboos? Fuck that.

That wouldn't really work. Most Japanese people can understand very simple English when tossed into a sentence, but the same can't be said for English natives and very simple Japanese. Plus, it would break the suspension of disbelief that all the characters are speaking Japanese despite the game text being in English.

Well it's not surprising that Persona still attracts cancer like flies to shit.

Plus Elizabeth is still trying to save Emo Jesus while NOT endangering the world.

That would make her sound retarded. French is at least an international language.

Sure but Persona threads is fun cancer.

If it wasn't for Japanese games I'd have stopped gaming completely. After Diablo 3 came out I was really depressed for a week and almost gave up gaming altogether. End blog.

a game made you depressed?

haha whites so gay. that good reason to die already.

What nigga thought this was ok?