Why is Pixar so bankrupt in creativity? Coco fails in almost every aspect where the Book of Life succeeded...

Why is Pixar so bankrupt in creativity? Coco fails in almost every aspect where the Book of Life succeeded. Better aesthetics, better world building, less politics about borders, actual character development that spanned years, a more developed setting, a better moral, ending and villains. Yet all this film has to offer is your generic self-insert MC for kids to identify with, who coincidentally also wants to be a musician like the MC from Book of Life, and while this film throws around pretty colors, its character designs are somehow worse than in the Good Dinosaur. Even Disney's recent shit is able to replicate the aesthetic charm Pixar once had. People and critics even acknowledge that this film heavily takes from the Book of Life, but they treat that like it's a good thing. Even the creator of the Book of Life only praised this shit because he wants more movies about Mexico. Meanwhile, most of the praise for the movie I see is just because people tell me it's "necessary" to stop the "evil division in america". Fuck that retardation, and fuck americans and their politics. This movie is just another example of Pixar's decline and their inability to stay on top, but no one wants to acknowledge that. Instead people will acknowledge them as creative geniuses despite doing nothing but pumping out more CARS sequels.

I feel like Up was a movie about Pixar getting old and them telling you to move on and find better things as they wouldn't be around as we know them much longer.

Aesthetic wise Book of Life is better but I don't think either film had a lot to say besides family is good. Difference is one focused on a love story while the other focused on a story about family. They still do revolve heavily around music though. Coco gets more credit for me though because it felt much more down to earth than Book of Life did.

Book of Life told the better story with better characters. Its bonus is also the fact that it tried to do something new by presenting a very unique visual style that did not care about realism (or pudge face "realism" like Pixar).

This.

it's also the last truly good Disney movie that wasn't afraid of emotions or used as propaganda.

This. Coco just looks ugly. In fact, The Book of Life animation actually looks and feels more like El Dia de los Muertos than Coco depressing and lifeless world looks like. One of the reasons I like The Book of Life more is because it looks like Grim Fandango and El Tigre as well.
I really like Jorge R. Gutierrez art, but it's a shame he is a pozzed mexican.

And that's considering The Book of Life isn't that good of a movie anyways.
5/10, for everything it does right something shitty happens in the next 15 minutes.

I could get over everything else if Mexicans just admitted Mexico is a shithole and that they hate it.

I was going to say that the guy is pretty patrotic, and he might be, most mexicans are, but the whole thing is pretty hypocrite exactly because of this.
As I always say, I only liked the aesthetic of their things, like El Dia de los Muertos or Luchadores.

He really is, he has spent too much time in the states.
Most ignorant Mexicans hate Trump because they believe the media that says Trump insulted México, not for any political leftie reason, México has always been from center to the right
And most mexicans know Mexico's a shithole but they don't hate it, is like that alcoholic uncle only you and your family has right to insult, not anyone else, he's family. Most Mexicans don't have education in patience or investing, they want easy result fast, which, at best, brings some really amusing cases of Occam's razor to solve problems, but generally is just lazy.
This all comes from the retarded idea that the "American Dream" is something you can get instead of something you have to make.

The hilarious part is that the Spaniards who still live in Mexico fucking love Trump.

I can attest to that. Only reason most here support border jumpers is just to get rid of them. If you mericans wanna gas them then be our guest.

I have a better idea, why instead of that we look for good movies?

Illegals piss me off, but regarding animation Mexicans usually do have art styles I can get behind. And Mexico itself actually does make an interesting setting for stories.

So they should go back and fix their shit.

>They should make Mexico great again

As a slav i never understood why they didn1t do this! They always brag how they proved themself in the US, and how important they are for the americans. Well, if so then go home, purge the cartels and the degenerate drug abusers who ruined the communities. Hang the politicans who sold the country for drug-money, and give a nice revolution for the rich who get fat on blood money. The current american government would help them, Holla Forums will help them, even Holla Forums would help them, the liberals couldn't stop them because that would make them "ebil racist". So whats holding them back?

Oh yeah.. the laziness and being a coward which is a "racist thing to mention"… Come on beans! You can fucking do it!

Everytime Mexico fucks up is so cringy it's hilarious, everytime it fixes something it can be pretty romantic.
For example, two famous fuck-ups; During the Alamo war, President Antonio López de Santa Anna was kidnapped by the Texan-American army, but in reality, this was all part of Santa Anna's plan, you see, despite Santa Anna's surrender, by constitutional law, a captured president cannot claim surrender. When the news was spread this was supposed to be a message to the second in command to pretend having accepted the terms while another 1,000 soldiers came to the battle, sadly he was sick so the third in command was at the head that day and he… didn't know said law.
The other one was during the 68 Tlatelolco massacre, so a bunch of commie students had been protesting all summer long, the worst part, not only the protests were legal but they were pretty damn ballsy, nobody ate the false flag attempts on them and the Olympics were happening in front of everyone, there were two more mega protests in schedule one in the Tlatelolco apartment complex, paranoid, the president tells the army to guard the place, super paranoid, the commander of the general forces sets up a bunch of agents to shoot at the soldiers at some point.
It went as well as you expect.

On the romantic side:
Is 1821, the independence war has been raging for over a decade, both sides are at the limits of their own wills. Spain motherland has been struggling on its own.
Suddenly the leading generals of the independence and the New Spain find themselves in the same battleground, the battle lasted two weeks, but at the end, they stood up in front of each other, exposed their plans for the nation and in front of both troops they hugged.

So getting caught was part of his plan?

Yeah, he wasn't an honorable guy. He wouldn't have cared of following war conventions, his plan was more than surely stab Texas in the back. But his ego was greater, that's why he didn't try again weeks or months later.

Heh, mexicans sounds like the gypsies in our country. They are sounds fun, looks fun, but the negative traits overhelm the positive ones…

Yeah, the only reason México's been able to survive this long is because 1/100 people is actually competent, so he either escapes legally to the states or carries the weight of the other 99.

Because people are lazy user. Seriously, though this would solve most of the cries for diversity if people just watched foreign films.

talk about a show with a great premise and shit execution
As a kid, I didn't notice how cheap the animation was

This is true for any shithole country, and honestly, I believe it would be true in most places, given the right circumstances (education worsening, less job opportunities, a system where corruption goes unpunished, government focusing more on gibs than long term improvement). Most people just don't know how to do anything properly, not even take care of themselves.

I think it was the first tv show to be done in adobe flash.

Signature moves were pretty fucking lit though.

Went over my head as a lad.

Sadly, I just entered college last semester and people are already giving up. Even though everyone warned us that it was the hardest public college in the whole state, many entered because it was also the cheapest $131usd a semester if you don't count obligatory clubs, extra classes and courses compared to the next best one at $312usd per month in the cheapest career, the building might be about to collapse but the teachers are known sadistic assholes feared through generations across the city, is also has the highest proportion of teachers belonging to the Mexican STEM top tier doctorates apart from the national level colleges.
There's nothing like working 48 hours on 6 different reports for 6 different STEM classes only for the teacher to throw all the class reports to a chair, whatever stays on the chair approves, on the first month.
Or in your introductory week having the instructor pull the gorilla warfare copypasta on you only to know is true, or learning your college has teachers known in the city as the "Four Horsemen" or people having committed suicide in the bathrooms due to pressure.
They want that 1 percent.

Growing up with that pagan trash, I began to resent it. For a time, it also affected the way I thought of Spain and Catholics.

*and I'm not even Latino

Isn't this true everywhere?

More so in underdeveloped countries. In first world countries the lazy people don't get in the way because you don't need it, because the system works, and because the lazy people tend to be a minority. In shit holes everyone is lazy, and it's where you need them the most because the whole thing is falling apart and you need people to restore it. 1 person out of 99 can keep the thing from falling apart, but chances are that person will not be able to fix the whole thing.

I remember that in one of my history classes I'm latino, but not mexican the subject was brought out and everyone was against me when I pointed out the reason we threat spaniards as monsters is because they were defended a land they owned, and that neither side was better than the other the freedom fighter leader in my country was Simon Bolivar, a rich boy coal burner, that couldn't handle freeing 3 countries and trying to unify them specifically because he was jealous and afraid of US, and could never achieved what he wanted, the only reason he succeeded was because spain was struggling with it's own war at the time and because of the help of Francisco de Miranda, that was betrayed by Bolivar to keep him being the most important person and not Miranda, and Miranda failure was because of Bolivar's lost battles, and when Miranda actually tried to do something about it, Bolivar incarcerated himFuck Bolivar, he shouldn't be regarded as the Libertador, the damn title should go to the guy that actually fought around the world, including this shitty part of the world, to free them, but no, he is not because a fucking pussy incarcerated him to take the glory

Here in Mexico, people hate Spaniards because they're stuck in middle school history lessons.
Truth be told, Aztecs were shit, Spaniards didn't even want to fight the Aztecs when they arrived, these were advanced enough to make commercial deals with and that's how they were planning to get the Aztec gold, but every other conquered civilization urged them to help them overthrow the Aztecs because they would take the daughters and sacrifice them, in fact, when europeans brought Jesus Christ the natives jumped ship like bears at honey.
Although it is true a Spanish general, not Cortes, was an asshole and tortured three random guys in order to get a confession of betrayal obtained by torture and that's when shit felt down.
Also, the notion that Aztecs were innocent berry pickers while the Spaniards had mech-bots and laser rifles is almost insulting to how advanced the Aztecs really were, these motherfuckers managed to completely genocide the first invasion parties of Spaniards and natives and even then Tenochtitlan took MONTHS to be captured, since by 16th century standards the place was HUGE, at the end it was the diseases what killed the Aztecs. But before the war itself, there were months of dialogue, politics, commerce, religion. Enough to make a series of.
But the original plan was always to have Spanish port cities and leaving the gigantic Aztec empire alone, Cortes had a native lover FFS.

I'd love to see something like the Shogun mini-series but with spaniards and aztecs. It's a shame nowadays you can't mention anything about natives without someone throwing the victimism card, just look at that tribe that got into the new Civilization 6 expansion and got mad because the game features wars and "WE WUZ PACIFISTS AND SHIEET"

Well, Aztecs were controlled, and pretty much all of the prehispanic civilization, by a gropu of Alpha dacronis vampires that landed on the area almost 4 thousand years ago, when the Alpha draconis galactic empire was expanding and chasing off "undesirables", one of this vampires was a powerfully, 7 foot an a half tall creature of unpronounceable that took the name of Huitzilopotchli to mingle in human affairs as the God of War and future god of death,, but he was ultimately defeated by getting his human blood supply cut, since his powers decreased so much the phantom bear eated him when wandering in the woods drunk from pulque.

But yeah, it was mostly because they were stupid, Mexico City is a death trap for earthquake-powered sacrifice.

You may have a romanticized view of first world countries, my friend.

Coco had the better story but it also didn't have Ice Cube playing a god or Channing Tatum
take that as what you will

forgot pic

Maybe I'm exagerating, but there are a few things you can't deny.
I just want outbut I don't want to be a shit foreigner

Are you Colombian or Venezuelan?

I realized what bugs me about these skeletons. They have human eyeballs. It's such a sharp contrast to the fact they're skeletons and it just makes them looks scarier.

Weren't spaniards also very religiously fervorous when going to the americas? most of the travels funded mostly to convert the natives to save their souls with fire if needed.

Yes I've gotten inspired by this thread and started doing research to write a script I plan to share here, and during the first approach to Tenochtitlan they only needed to do so twice, of course, there were randoms indigenous attacks but only twice the Spaniards started attacking, and both times under the suspicion of treason from native hosts and utter degeneracy.
At first, Hernan Cortes was just like history paints him, a greedy asshole who forged documents to give himself the right to conquer the land and reclaim obtained gold and slaves but as he met the cultures and people there his heart grew 3 sizes also he was left mentally scarred with PTSD.

The conquer of the Americas is our particular "holocaust" where they try to shame the population to become docile because 'muh ancestors sins' and shit like that.

The only thing I must have to say to compare who was more merciful in the conquering is to compare how many native north americans are left with how many native central and south americans are left.

For fuck's sake, the bigger amerindian tribes are the Navajo and a few ones that lived in spanish conquered territories.

They are not lazy, they are just incredibly stupid and value things that are worthless for successful cultures, watch how Job interviews in Hispanic countries are, they care if you are willing to participate n soccer for example, or how good of a party guy you are. They also pride themselves from useless crap they do and shame people who actually want to do shit, they are not lazy because they waste a lot of their time doing pointless work that could be done more efficiently just due to "tradition" for example, working 12+ hour shifts for minimal pay as long as they have soccer, reggaeton and beer they are happy.

I'm actually surprised about how many Mexican natives survived, their culture and moral code were so alien from all Christian and European standards there was no possible way both cultures would ever get along, and that's just from the Tlascala, Totonaca and post-Mayan cultures, the actual Mexica culture was unhinged and fucked up even by the other natives standards.
That's right, the Aztecs were considered evil even by people who didn't had quite concepts of right and wrong, and even then, the Aztecs justified themselves because if they didn't do all the fucked up human sacrifices they did, which was vicious according to absolutely everyone, the world would literally end.

Have you actually been at a job interview in México.
I have, and yes, they're just fucking lazy.

THIS EXEMPLIFIES HOW STUPID THEY ARE! you could have held the Gods by ransom, You could NEVER do that to super Jehovah.

lazy means slaking, they are hypper-social shightwads, and yes I have done several, they value "social skills" more than your actual abilities. They waste enormous amounts of time.

Dude, in celebration days they would sacrifice 1000 people.
Also, the spaniards IN FACT took their God/Leader and arrested him, turns out, the guy was actually pretty chill and understood every issue was due to cultural differences, he tried to explain this to his own people, in response they killed their own leader and choose a new one by taking the most bloodthirsty mother fucker they could find.

In college, I'm studying to have an electronics engineering degree and the teachers constantly complain about how there's a lot of imposed "Social" classes that were not in the program before. The theory behind this is that companies can just teach the abilities needed to do the work by giving courses the people who are responsible and do their work right but graduates from STEM colleges are socially repressed, consider themselves to be above everyone else and can't do teamwork.

He was a cuckservative.

Not him but I'm Colombian, and let me tell you, our biggest problem is not laziness, maybe a bit, but the real fucking issue is that we're pretty much greedy like jews.
If you want your projects to succeed, if you want to improve the lives of your townspeople by, let's say, building new infrastructure, you must either pay the mayor or else your project goes to hell and will stay dead.
Legal shit takes years here because of the inefficient system, but if you pay the judges some extra cash, shit gets done in days.
If you come here and want your favors done quickly, then it's time to pay. Otherwise, things will go slowly.

Well, in my job interviews I haven't been asked about social skills (otherwise I would be fucked since I am very anti-social), more like "If this place went to hell, would you willingly give us money in order to keep this ship floating? :^)"

#MakeTenochtitlanGreatAgain

On the subject of unoriginal Pixar movies, has anyone seen Cars 3? It came and went recently but I didnt see it and heard almost nothing about it. Is it any better than Cars 2: Mater Bogaloo?

That's funny, I've noticed that's how a lot of people turn out after being forced through useless shitty social classes.

They were so stupid that the Alpha Draconis had possessed them all to be a mass of murder.

Yeah by "team work" thy refer to get some chelas and talk about your favorite reggaeton song.

Mexicans are the WORST at team work, it is all an excuse to party to them.

Everyone has a function on a team, Mexicans ( most Hispanics really) lack discipline to follow a system and do not value respect, they simply cannot tolerate people who are different, this thus means "you are not part of the team"

In which shithole, even for Mexico, do you live?

Venezuelan I give you that the reason Bolivar is considered the Libertador is because he was around to actually free the country, even when it was his own fault that they fucking lost before. He had to flee and comeback, and he used Miranda as a fucking bargain chip.

That's not the only ugly thing about them. Their faces FUCKING MOVE, as if they had flesh. Here is the thing, skeletons in the book of life are capable of making expressions too, via moving their eyes and mouths, but that doesn't more their whole face. Coco skeletons are like made of Clay or something, to move like that, add in the human eyeballs and you have a really weird combination.

I completely agree with everything you say, but it's exactly why I say they are lazy. They appreciate more everything other than work when you are going to do a job.

The main objective of Spaniards wasn't to kill the natives, but to get rich with the land, by any means possible, and usually non-violent ones, they established tons of port cities to take everything they could back to spain. In comparison, the English actually came to stay, which is why they killed far more natives than the Spaniards, whereas spaniards converted natives, englishmen just killed them.

Wasting time is a form of laziness, though.

This, it also affects Venezuela, but at least you guys don't have socialism. Venezuelans are famous for being cunning and cheaters, just like how Colombians used to be known for. They rather short term satisfaction as long as it is immediate, at the cost of fucking everything else, which is why Venezuela got socialism in the first place.
That's actually corruption, which is a big problem in both countries.
You have to spend one day on either country to understand what I mean. They are so shameless about corruption that when you are going to do something that is supposed to be cheap or fast, you already consider paying up, for how common it is and how used you get to it, and they don't even try to hide it, it's common knowledge that you have to do it if you want shit done.

MILES better than Cars 2. I actually loved Cars 3, it was the sequel cars deserved. I'm not sure if it's original or unoriginal, but the story was certainly pretty good even if it doesn't make any sense, I still don't understand how a fucking car can get old, while you see 20s cars around and even rusty ones, but it was a plot point of the whole story, and even when it's not explained, you don't question it further from "it's a fucking car".

those were the only parts they put any effort into, yeah

This is the designated Mexican thread so…
There's a new Legends Quest Movie coming out in a week, and as per usual there's an improvement in animation from the last.
Also, by the dialogues it looks this is the last one.

I think you hit the nail on the head regarding what is wrong with the "teamwork" meme. It is all an attempt to turn the workplace into a non-stop social gathering. I'd argue the most effective teams actually embrace some anti-social behaviors. Dropping common social pleasantries and excusing forgotten manners in exchange for direct, immediate communication. The problem is also made worse by so many layers of management who are managing people with ever more divergent roles of specialization that the managers themselves know nothing about.

Another funny thig about corporate environments and "teamwork" is that the environment creates departmental fiefdoms where everyone is constantly trying to shift the blame for fuck ups on other departments whilst positioning themselves to be rewarded when things occasionally go right. The same pattern is seen played out within the department themselves where employees shift blame and take credit for other's work.

As a taco this is fucking true, teamwork here is a nightmare, everyone wants to get shit done but no one wants to do nothing unless of course it's in the last minute and don't try to make them work because then you will be labeled as the "grumpy one"

"It's not my fault, it's someone else" is actually a pretty used excuse in almost every aspect of the mexican life

Then can't you go rural or find someplace where you can live on your own? What country do you come from?

Rural communities in most contries I know are even more ruthless than city people. For starters, they don't usually like new comers, it would be harder for you to fit in, and if you don't, your like will probably be hell. At least in a city, nobody gives a shit for who you are since there are way too many people.
The "live in a rural area" is a meme.