AKA indies that actually do their job as low-budget vydia

How about it, Holla Forums?

Some excellent taste, user.

Serious Sam

Kamui Mitsurugi Hikae

Deadcore i guess.

Risk of Rain

Skate

No real story or tiered RPG-lite progression, just skating and setting up lines.

Mario?

Terraria

New rule

Accompany your posts with videos instead of pics so we can see what you're on about.

Recommending Achron here. It's a Meta Time Strategy game or something 'cause it's an RTS except with genuine time-travel mechanics which makes the game confusing as fuck but amazing once you get used to it. Multiplayer is hella fucking crazy.

Monster hunter.

No real story, just go fuck this monster up pls and thank you.

I want to get into Monster Hunter, but I could only possibly emulate. Which MH game would be best to start with in this case?

nice shilling for Jewtube.

New rule, video has to be WebM.

time travel and chronoporting sounds really cool,hope they get some success,someones finally trying something different in the rts genre

Well aren't you paranoid

Stay noided, comrade

Dwarf Fortress. It certainly isn't about the story or the graphics or the voice acting or the cinematic experience, I can vouch for that.

Either portable 3rd of freedom unite.

The 3rd is HD and has the new gameplay mechanisms (palico armor,new weapon mechanics etc), but Freedom Unite has G rank and it feels more in depth IMO.

If you begin with the 3rd, FU is probably going to be much harder compared (mainly due to weapon mechanics) and will take time to adjust to.
If you begin with FU you'll probably will be much more put off in the beginning, but if you can handle it then you'll be fine.

Both have a tiny online community which you can play with, if you set up your ppsspp or other emu and get tunggle (but you still need some work after that) Though they're most likely way into G rank.

General tips: Just remember to try out all weapons first, then after choosing one you like just focus on getting better at it/getting newer/better weapons of that category. The armors will be divided into 2 classes (blademaster for everything melee, be it hammers swords or lances, and gunner for everything shooty like light/heavy guns or bows.) but the first few armors (and later some special armors) will not be class restricted, so you don't need to decide right away. I'd recomend sword and shields to try out first. They may feel like a "peashooter" at first compared but they are versatile as duck, and you can use items while your weapon is drawn to get out of shitty situations quick. Also use the farm whenever you can. I know it can and will turn into a chore, but it's worth it.

If you want people to actually watch your video you should webm it. It shows that you are not the owner of that channel who just dropped by to post his videos here. So webm or don't post it at all

Dustforce.
Alien Soldier.

Did Turrican have a story?

Forgot to mention, Aces Wild

Music isn't part of the actual game, obviously.

I really liked Teslagrad. That was a fun indie game.
Tri is the easiest one, hands down. But as far as emulation, that's a tougher question.

Did i actually write duck or is it a word filter
fuck

Thanks for the tips, user! Guess I'll start with 3rd because I can't find FU online.

Yeah; doesn't emulate on dolphin so far. Maybe some day.

Emuparadise user.
Also, If you want to play online with FU, take note that eu/us versions aren't compatible with eachother, so us iso only lets you play with others who have the us iso.
3rd doesn't have the same problem though.

Wew, I've seen and forgot about emuparadise at least twice now. Thanks a bunch, user! I'll take that in mind.

Oh, and there are other mechanics which will come in handy later or if you are serious, like how the drop rate for materials is different if you kill/capture a monster, and such, but just enjoy the game and check them out/study up on them if you want to/feel serious about it.

But i'd recommend starting out with just basic stuff and then slowly figure out things along the way. That's way more fun.
Like how i didn't know your chef felines can make you dishes in FU and only discovered it almost hundred of hours later.

Oh and good hunting user.

I forgot the most important thing. Village quests, which are gotten from an npc in the village are kind of like the main quest are easier because they are made for 1 person while guild quests are made for 4 people (so they have supplies for 4 people, but the monster is way tougher too). They aren't impossible but much harder, though you usually get access to monsters that you will only be able to hunt much later in the main questline.

Cool. Sounds like there's a lot of depth to MH; just what I was looking for.

What if I happened to just post some video with a million views? What would 50 views add to it?

It certainly does. I didn't even start on armor skills (you can get different skills with different armors, so there is no character progression per say but rather your equipment and your actual game skill gets better) but i don't want to ruin your fun any more than that.

Monsters in high/G(highest) rank gets new moves and act different too. And there will be much more for you to discover and experience

Holy shit i sound like i'm selling the game.

Its literally the only good thing about that game
Its a very bad RTS with performance issues even on the highest end rig.

Awesome game, gets pretty repetitive and hearing the same 4 songs over and over ruins the experience.
It's awesome for playing in short bursts, while other games are being downloaded.

Noitu Love 2

Sounds like your fanboying hard, but it's all good, man. Makes me curious how good the game is to make you this excited to talk about it.

Cloudbuilt is really fucking great, stupidly fast and perfect for trying to speedrun levels.

I actually bought this for a couple of euros a few months ago, and for a Newgrounds tier stick fighter I thought it was not a bad deal at all. It's those 'easy to pick up, only people who care will continue on' type of games, which you can see from the achievement %.

Maybe they'll do the same concept with better graphics one day.

Absolute drift is nice i guess.

That i do. It has a certain flavor though, so it isn't for everybody, so i don't really hate people who say that it's shit/they don't liek it.

Oh yes. What a great game, nearly perfect.

Their new game Spire is looking good too.

What?

what the fuck mark

thanks for reminding me I bought this game, and how terrible and clunky the mechanics and platforming feel.

I wanna say Warframe as i love the gameplay but there's a lot of other grindy shit that comes along with it, granted it is bearable because the gameplay is so good.

That's in large part because the engine has to run itself several times over to account for all the timewaves.

This is an indie thread.

4U on the 3DS is the most modern, with the best movement mechanics. Some people prefer P3rd or Freedom Unite, but they definitely have a much higher difficulty and are nearly tutorial-free.

4U was designed for people with no experience with the series, and as such is loaded with tutorials. Some things aren't entirely laid out, but all the basics are there.

Give it a shot and see how you fancy it, all future entries will be based on it.

Touhou.

Pretty much any shmup that exists fits the thread.

Those games had the most advanced graphics at that time and they weren't cheap. That game was AAA as fuck.

But I will give you Serious Sam and Postal 2: those games bathe in the tears of whiny 16-year olds who have never played a game that pre-dated the year 2007.

Please don't call it that. Progression systems are not what define CRPGs. Just call them what they are - progression systems.

To be fair, LISA's gameplay is pretty low quality, and it's main selling point is a story and characters to interact with.

Audiosurf

Fuck you I'm too lazy to webm

Since we're recommending shumps, I'd like to recommend Darius Burst and Astebreed.

So I'm not the only one who thought Cloudbuilt had clunky controls?
Like even wall jumping felt really off and not satisfying at all.

Motherfucking VOLGARR THE VIKING

Just pure gameplay. It's awesome and I want more.

Well to each their own.

Does Evoland 2 fit the description?

no cause it's actually a shitty game that manages to fail in every genre it attempts in it's like mixing all the alchohol you have in a bar and except it to taste good

You won't be finding a lot of Western games that actually put gameplay first, indie or otherwise you're left with some slim pickings, and what is there is usually boringly amateurish in their design, even pretentious at times. Western game design has stagnated a lot, unfortunately it goes through phases and never gets a chance to compete and focus on growing out of its shortcomings.

Don't you ever quit?

Stop crying.

Actually come to think of it that game looks pretty interesting, I don't think I've seen you post that before.

I'm sorry, I just see you keep posting that same base for a post over and over again and I get annoyed from it because none of the games you post seem to interest me besides Black Maria or Ace of Seafood. I just I could see what you find so good about them since you talk the world of them. I actually envy you if you truly do enjoy the games you post as much as you talk them up.

I do

Kenshi is decent but bugs are everywhere

lethal league, trailer attached

It's more a comparison to Tony Hawk's games, where you do goals to earn money/points to buy better stats/equipment. Skate still has a progression system in that you have to beat certain challenges to unlock new ones, but it's not based on accrued skill points or anything besides your own skill.