I want more Witcher

After Blood and Wine I just feel fucking sad.

I don't want a Witcher 4 or anything.

I know that they said no more Geralt but i'd love more Blood and Wine esque self contained stories.

What no Zerikannnia or Ofier?

Why not something in the Heart of NIllfgaard?

Maybe Geralt could join an exploration expedition and find Elvish civilizations that weren't conquered and then you can either doom them to conquest by humanity or help them remain obscure.

There's just so much potential.

They could always make a game not about Gearlt.

School of the Bear if I recall is a game only witcher school would be cool to have a viking witcher.

School of the Bear is in Skellige?

So what a game where you play a Skelligan Witcher going to the continent?

Please, you think Red's just going to let their biggest cash cow stay dead? It'll probably be a few years but I guarantee we'll be getting more Witcher games.

Either starring Cirilla, or Geralt, probably the former.

What about Lambert or Eskel?

Or even a custom Witcher?

there is already a shitcher thread

I don't really see Lambert or Eskel being able to carry their own games.

A custom Witcher would be an interesting idea but half the fun of engaging with NPCs in the past games has been listening to Geralt's dry wit. I also don't know what the story'd be about in that case, Geralt's pretty much the only Witcher of note left in the world, seems like the franchise would really be missing something if he didn't play the role of protagonist.

Who knows though? I'd definitely be interested in that, it'd open up more avenues for effective roleplaying at least.

Trying a little too hard there chap.

Every good story needs a timely end. I'd rather they never make a witcher game again than see it get turned into ass creed, with a shitty new relese every year (not that any of ass creed games had an even remotely good story)

A custom witcher would be horrible, the thing that makes witcher so good is that you are playing a character with his own personalaty, history and pre existing relationships with other characters. I didn't read the books so I didn't know shit anout Ciri, but I could see how much Geralt cared for her and that automaticly made me care too

I just want to play Gwent without having to load up the game.

table top simulator yo, it's almost better

Witcher team seems to be capable of releasing a high quality well written expansion packs that encompass whole countries.

oh shit nigger, tell me you didnt actually bought the game?!

It doesn't necessarily have to be Geralt for that to be true. I don't necessarily think that the fact the player is so heavily defined is what makes The Witcher games so well written either.

Given the opportunity to play a different character we could be afforded more choices to make during the story without having to worry about it conflicting with Geralt's personality. That could be a boon right there.

Even if it's not a character wholly within the player's creation, Red could take a crack at creating a wholly new protagonist.

The best bits of The Witcher's content are the self contained stories, the books had several short stories and the like that are really good. If Red were to do a Witcher 4, having it be something like that on a slightly larger scale would be alright I guess.

Jesus Christ, how fucking new are you? You positively reek of newfaggotry.

You can always play borderlands, it's quite similar to witcher 3.

Read the books if you haven't already, I tend to prefer them over the games and you can find most of the audiobooks on YouTube if you prefer that.

Bump

I will never forgive them.

the Iorveth/Saskia route is objectively better than Roche's by the way

Maybe in DLC department. You are the fucking cancer type who just can't let the series go and wants more of the same shit.

That's some Mass effect tier concept, good job.

Is this whole series worth the time?

Witcher 1 is regarded very highly by those who enjoy it and considered outdated and bordering on unplayable for its design/combat to those who do not enjoy it/didn't play it when it was more recent.

Witcher 2 with a few quality of life mods is perfectly playable and pretty fun (or even vanilla to be honest, personal preference) is excellent and has a branching path that changes the entire story of the 2nd act (of three), so some good replay value. Still holds up graphically.

Witcher 3 is most accessible and you don't necessarily have to play the previous ones. A very good modern RPG with a great story.

tl;dr maybe not the whole series but Witcher 2 and Witcher 3, or at the very least Witcher 3, is worth the time

Thanks, user.

I want more short stories. I'm absolutely sick of "epic" fate of the world shit in pretty much every game. I want short stories with interesting people. The side quests and witcher contracts were the best part of TW3 anyway.

Maybe TW4 could be an anthology piece, with a bunch of unconnected White Orchard style areas. Large enough to explore, with their own contracts and some inter-related side-quests, and you tackle them in whatever order you want, and absolutely no "end of the world" shit involved.

I would say W1 is outdated because of graphics and gameplay.
But at the same time now on newer hard drives you don't need to worry about fucking horrid loading times and loading times are a reason I never finished this game.

I just finished The Witcher 2. Of course, sided with Roche. I'm just unsure whether to save Triss or bro up with Roche and go for the kid. For those of you who played Witcher 3, does any of those pay off better in 3?

Seems the polacks still try to shill their shit game at every fucking opportunity.

OP you are a faggot that can't let go. The story ended, there is no need for more games. We don't need the witcher to turn into another instalmennt every year shit like asscreed did.

Witcher 1 is fucking godlike man, if you download the enhanced textures it doesn't even look tht bad.

I've done multiple playthroughs and tried both paths. I prefer siding with Triss. Finding her afterward without helping her, while instead going off to help a royal brat that was a pawn in a vast conspiracy you didn't want to be fucking involved in anyway, always made me feel guilty.

Also Triss is best girl.

Roche saves the kid anyway, go save Triss.

Maybe they should focus on optimization first.

removing gameworks would be a start.

You can disable it entirely and the game still runs like shit.

TRIGGERED

get out

anyway I loved all the references to the first game in the expansions, seemed like a love letter since they left out alot of shit from them

I regard Witcher 1 very highly and played it right around Witcher 3 was released. I definitely also consider it borderline unplayable for the HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS OF BACKTRACKING THAT YOU CONSTANTLY THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME. But other than that SOUL CRUSHING HELL, I really liked everything about it.

Witcher 2 was mediocre, and a massive step down in terms of the feel of the game. I missed reading about enemies, and the way the alchemy felt like it actually had a big impact on the game. Getting ingredients actually felt satisfying in a way.

Witcher 3 is absolute fucking garbage with no redeeming qualities whatsoever, which is why I dropped it pretty quick. I honestly don't know how people could stomach this abomination. Just the tank controls alone are already enough to make me stop playing, not to mention the grindy as fuck collection of ingredients, the "HERE'S 10 MILLION USELESS ITEMS FROM THIS RANDOM BOX IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE" cancer, and the broken AI that will just stand back and yell at you without attacking while you slowly kill them with a crossbow.

Witcher MMO

yeah, fuck those lazy faggots.