Was getting into fights with "monsters and beasts" really that common in the middle ages...

Was getting into fights with "monsters and beasts" really that common in the middle ages, or do devs just put a heavy emphasis on them because they think it would be too dark to have the player kill nothing but humans all the time?

I'd ask on /his/, but that board is pretty much dead and the few people who still go there only seem to be knowledgeable about antiquity plus that one muslim guy who only goes on /his/ to ask for counterarguments to Holla Forums's version of history.

Seriously nigga, I don care if you're a muslim, but just keep it to one thread, man.

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Mudcrab_(merchant)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Monsters never existed

/thread

I shit you not, it's because Jews can shapeshift. All the monsters and fantasy shit is brave Aryan's protecting the world from the Jewish menace

WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS ARISEN

I mean stuff like wolves and bears. You know, real world "monsters".

I disagree.

Pic related.

that's because when it comes to real life, the only monster is existing

More monsters

More like too boring. Imagine if there were no goomba or koopas or the myriad other creatures in Mario games and Mario did nothing but jump on the heads of vaguely Italian-esque people. Or if Link went on a not-elf genocide in every Legend of Zelda.
Variety is the spice of life.

Well, he did kind of do that in A Link to the Past. All of those soldier you fight in the light world were just regular people who got possessed by Ganon. One of the gold soldiers at the beginning even tells you about how most of his comrades have gone mad and the same thing will probably happen to him soon.

A Giant Enemy Crab almost killed all my ancestors, can confirm.

Is the "enemy" part necessary? Are there giant friendly crabs?

The fuck you on about? Check out any nature show about Australia.

That might have been a poor example. I realized that just after I hit reply.

But man is the real monster.

I bet a monster posted this

You may be on to something

But he's right.

Just how many tomatoes do we have posting on Holla Forums?

Made me kek. 10/10

Tomatoes taste like man ass and ruin every burger I have them on. Fight me, fag.

are you fucking retarded
tomatoes are fucking core ingredient along with shredded cheese, bread and meat.

considering that at one point in time people thougth rhinos were made out of armor, yes.

Go kill yourself poltard.

Vegetables shouldn't be on a burger ever. Lettuce, tomatos, etc. should be made into a salad and served as a side to the burger.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS

Why the fuck does everyone ever put shitty vegetables on their burger? They don't mix well at all.

Admit it, you just want it on the side so you can leave it uneaten and pretend you did it only because the burger itself was enough to satisfy your hunger, you fat Americans.

Lettuce and onions on a burger are fine, adds a bit of crunch that goes well with the chewiness of the meat and bun.
Fuck tomatoes though.

I put my vegetables in a smoothie so they don't ruin the good tasting food, but I still get my greens.

You're a fucking faggot.
I bet you think boiled carrots are good too.

B-But what about monster girls

im at current year and all i do is fight slimes all day
by that i mean masturbate

youre just too lazy to cut a tomato or wash and dry the lettuce
i bet you think lunchmeat, bread and cheese is all a sandwich needs too. probably eat bologna too
ive got your numbers you shit stains

what

this cant be a real opinion

how do you know what man ass tastes like, you fag

I eat stuff with lettuce and tomatos all the time, but I don't like it on burgers. It feels like it just gets in the way of the flavor.

To bring it back to vidya, it's like Fallout 3; it tried to be both an FPS and and RPG, but ended up failing at being either.

Also, vegetables are good on a sandwich because it's cold, like vegetables are. Hamburgers on the other hand are supposed to be hot, so when you had cold vegetables it makes it lukewarm. Again, it fails on both fronts.

Imagine its the dawn of civilization. You and your clan\family, the only people you have ever seen in your entire miserable existence, are huddled around a dwindling fire deep inside the mouth of a cave. It's freezing and the inches of animal pelts that you are wearing aren't doing shit as the wind howls like a mad god outside. And you are just about out of food.

Then suddenly you hear something at the mouth of the cave, its like a clicking noise and its getting louder. You see a shape and everyone grabs their spears and some grab rocks. What is this thing, you wonder, as everyone stays still and quiet, maybe it will go away.

Then this giant chitinous motherfucker in the picture to the left appears, hissing and spitting. Your brave clan hits it with spears and rocks but its armored up the ass and it does nothing. This fucking monster from the bowels of the jurassic era is here to eat your food and there isn't shit you can do about it.

Defeated, you and your family leave the safety of your cave and head out into the cold to find another one. You hope there aren't more of these things.

Tomato is great on a burger but it has to be a good tomato. So that rules out 99% of tomatoes. Compounded by the fact that the tomato needs to have been cut fresh.

This is a good burger tomato. One slice per burger. Good luck finding one unless you grow it yourself

What the fuck is that? That's not what a tomato looks like.

it's an oxheart. They don't sell them in supermarkets because they look "funny" on the outside, there's way too much variance between tomatoes and they're not very resistant to disease/bugs.

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Mudcrab_(merchant)

Disgusting.

Are you retarded? If he's blending veggies just for the nutrients why the fuck would he boil veggies and loose some of the nutrients to the water? ffs fattys leave

It all makes sense now, hat explains why they always drop gold.

Thinking food exists solely for nutrients is like thinking vidya is solely for gameplay: technically correct, but missing half of what makes that shit enjoyable.

Carrots are not green and taste amazing as they are. Boiling carrots ruins them completely.

The original point was the pursuit of flavor.

and now they are man's greatest enemy, mankind itself

there was only one burger i've had where the tomato actually worked right and it came from a food truck called Bite Street Bistro i dont know where they went but they're not close to where i live anymore

Americans are stupid and cant make burgers for shit.

underrated post

I bet you put ice in your whiskey, too.

What's wrong with a sandwich with only lunchmeat and cheese, fag? It's most convenient and still tastes good.

That is until Hillary Clinton was born.

But blacks are just dark elves.

orcs are clearly the niggers of fantasy, we've been over this many a time before

You've got some good taste there user.

That's the closest an opinion has ever been to being objectively wrong.

What the fuck do your tomatos look like?

10/10 post

Alright, so it's roughly 200 thousand to 10 thousand years ago
But that's from the carboniferous, 300 million years ago. It even says that in the name of your pic!
The Jurassic era was 200 to 145 million years ago! user, what year is it! This is an impossible scenario!

It's an American user.

Put some fucking beetroot on your burgers anons, and live life the Aussie way (along with grilled onions, lettuce and tomato). Serve it beside chips covered with chicken salt. It's the only way.

As to OP's question, yes, people would actually fight wild animals. Not only were there wardens and gamekeepers, but villagers would organise large hunting parties when animals encroached on village territory and attacked livestock.

Don't you like your rubber to at least have some flavor?

Durer never saw a rhino in his life. This picture was drawn from what he heard about it.

Also, people back then had interesting ideas about what foreigners looked like.

Wasn't there a story about a French ship sinking near the British colonies and the settlers thinking that the sole surviving pet monkey they had on board was a Frenchman?

The only reason why scientists haven't discovered them is because they keep mistaking them for decapitated people.

What a miserable job, expecting the most disgusting motherfuckers to keep coming back without limit. Why do they do it?

I'll never be such an overweight glutton that people will give me free food.
Being skinny and hungry is terrible.

>hasn't looked at the human psyche
Fucking pleb, mosters are real, they're just not in places humans are. If they were, they'd be ordinary.

What the fuck, user? I know I'm underweight but holy shit what the fuck are you doing?

Not the Dwarves?

Aight, listen up, here's a story to tell

We as humans, before recorded history and even now have exaggerated about things we've seen and that shit gets famous enough.

A man meets a lion, fought and killed it or escaped from it, and in order to look like the biggest badass in the world, says the lion had a snake's tail, a second goat head, a human looking face or poison stingers, then storytellers pass that shit on.

And now you have the chimera.

Now the common folk and even most of the non-common folk back then would believe fuckin' anything, as they were superstitious and believed that god made miracles or that the devil was everywhere.

They'd get told stories about giant flaming komodo dragon looking motherfuckers with wings and fire, or shit about moving slime (which is real, but scientific shit involving colonies of worms that bred and hid in dark ass nasty places like in certain abandoned sewers) Real life is full of monsters we call "animals"

But what monsters really are are fictional critters derived from those beasts.

you are either underage, a manlet, or emaciated to be that weight.

Howie Mandell is a monster. I saw him in a movie.

I'm sorely disappointed by the lack of bug pics in this thread.

If I touched that would I die?

bugs are really cute but i dunt wanna touch em

Don't worry fam, they got your back!

Actually that's a possibility. As far a I know, all types of caterpillar venom causes hemolysis which can kill you if it's bad enough. Packsaddles and other slug moth caterpillars are normally basically harmless (but their sting feels like liquid hell fire, it's a kind of unceasing pain entirely unlike a bee or wasp sting) but if you got stung enough at once it could be life threatening. Gregarious stinging caterpillars are the most dangerous, mostly due to the fact that you stand to receive so much more venom at once.

Also here's some dumb motherfucker letting Io caterpillars crawl on him.

How does your average schmuck in fantasy land differentiate a animal and a monster? I mean I don't see how they would know a bear is an animal whereas an owlbear is a monster.

Why they roll a Nature Check for Bear Lore, that's how!

They are big guys.

Dwarves are jews.

What's the difference between a Pokemon and an animal? Do animals exist in the Pokemon universe? Humans are animals, so what is the ultimate difference between a Pokemon and a human?

I thought the gnomes were Jews, or is that only in Arcanum?

Pokemon can magically change into a completely different creature, and do things like shoot lighting out of their cheeks.

What the fuck? Do they want people to die?

Not all of them.

There are a couple that can't. Some just punch hard and stuff like that.

They can go in pokeballs, of course.

Maybe a human is just a type of Pokemon with the Ability to be immune to Pokeballs.

owl bears are usually completely natural in the games they are in, just an animal that happens to be scary and aggressive, while things like beholders and gibbering orbs are monsters from some far off realm.

just like in our own world, if its supposed to exist it is classified as an animal, and if not then its a monster.

HARPIES

While Dwarves love gold, don't they enjoy wearing it?

dwarves may share a greedy lust for power with jews but who doesnt? also dwarves tend to do hard work. whens the last time a jew has done anything but move numbers around?

Lettuce is for lower beasts. Baby spinach is acceptable.

It would be extremely gross.

I think "monster" is usually interchangeable with animal, but it's generally just used for the big scary ones. It's sorta like beast. A real bunny could be called a beast, but most people don't.

Reminder. Most of these so-called medieval rpgs are taking more from antiquity then they are from the middle-ages.
All these elements get shoved into western rpgs to make them more interesting.

This is literally the plot of the Super Mario Bros. movie.

There are no versions of history. There is only truth. He’s shitter-shattered that Holla Forums tells the truth.