Witcher Blood and Wine thread

Discuss the expansion
How many hours did you get out of it?
Did you find it to be as good as Hearts of Stone?
How did you find the new area and quests?

Got some shit I wanna spoiler and bitch about in the next post

Someone please edit the Doritos hat on him and make the chalice Mtn. Dwe

Alright so now that that's out of the way, how the FUCK do you beat this fucking cockmongler?
>Unavoidable bat attack, motherfucker!
Fucking AOE bullshit, what am I supposed to do?

Still playing it, I have been doing everything in game except Gwent so without even starting New Game Plus yet I'm at 250 goddamn hours. I finished killing all the hanses, got the mutations, fully upgraded Corvo Bianco, and have collected two or three of the grandmaster sets, but for the main quest I've only just finished the spoon curse (and got the best ending for it, thankfully).

Every time there's an in-game timeskip I can't help but admire how goddamn pretty the entire region is. I'm a sucker for heavy saturation, so I'm rather biased, but after spending so much time in the swamps of Velen it's a hell of a nice change of pace.

Also anyone who doesn't pick the French Girl pose for being drawn and then buys the painting and hangs it over their bed in Corvo Bianco is a faggot.

I'm also bailing out of this thread for fear of spoilers.

Put points into powering up Quen, or Fleet Foot for the i-frames?

GIT GUD

Already using Fleet Foot
Why do you think I'm so pissed that the bullshit attack is just completely ignoring one of my abilities?

That painter is a hack, why's Geralt's head so big?

Artistic liberty

So guys, turns out that as usual every fucking internet site is wrong. To dodge the bat attack, you have to run sideways and then dodge from the run, not dodge towards him.

Im going through HoS first.

Man i hope it picks up. The beginning is awful.

Way to ruin the set piece. Also the main mission doesn't make any damn sense. Mister Mirror has to give the guy 3 wishes. He obviously already granted him 2. So why the fuck do you need to do 3 things for him?

overall 7/10 could have been much much better. Hearts of Stone is legit 10/10 dlc and a 10/10 villain.

The bat attack isn't avoidable. This part's really easy. Just keep running and then roll when the bats come. Just keep dodging until he drops down and then just hit him.

Wops. Isn't "unavoidable". I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, by the way. Barely got hurt in this fight.

I really liked this expansion. The "twist" in the end was easy to figure out, though. I got the bad ending just to piss the Duchess off. I'm a sucker for these sibling things, though.

>Unseen segment

Master Mirror wasn't the villain. Olgierd was a massive cunt. O'Dimm only ever gave people what they bargained for. He dispenses justice. There's a quest in Blood and Wine where you go to some lady's house and she's been cursed into a fuckin' wight. Turns out she broke code and honor and turned away a beggar when he showed up for table scraps. Dude broke a spoon and then she was cursed. O'Dimm gave her justice for her cuntyness.

Wew, finally finished it.
I don't think the main quest was as good as Hearts of Stone, but it had some good moments and memorable characters. Damien is the real MVP. And Regis, of course.
I think what I like most about it is all the comfy.

if the duchess is still alive you didn't get the bad end

Also easiest way to dodge the bat attack is to just get far away from him as soon as he shoots up into the air, the aoe stream is actually pretty slow and only moves in a straight line, if you're like 20 meters or more away it's piss easy to dodge. Also the reason quen doesn't work is because quen only absorbs a set amount of damage, and that attack does a fucking insane amount of damage. Even with greater quen runes in every slot of my gm cat armor and all 3 of my sign abilities set for quen it took out about 4/5ths of my health with a direct hit.

Olgierd did nothing wrong
He only wanted what was best for his wife, O'Dimm is a cockgobbler and gave him some monkey's paw bullshit that would guarantee he ended up fucked over.

You don't even need to roll. Just sprint perpendicular to his firing line, and it'll miss. The rest is easy.

Do you get that by not 'reconciling' them?

He pretends to be a benevolent entity and then fucks you over because he's literally evil itself.

Okay so if you follow the duchess' sister into the fairy tale land, and you get her bracelet back from the girl who sells flint, when she meets with the vampire dude he tries to kill her and she gets teleported back to the fairy land. Then you go do some snooping before the award ceremony with Regis and figure out the 5th name was the duchess, you tell her and she has her sister brought down to interrogate her right after your award ceremony, and then they hug and make up, at which point she grabs the duchess' hairpin and sticks it between her neck vertibrae. Then the captain of the guard guy shoots her in the neck with a crossbow and they both die. Everyone in the city cries like babies and geralt feels bad, then you go get drunk with Regis.

wow crazy. Good to know I ended with the happy ever after. With fucking the crazy sister. On a side note its good to own land.

Yeah I fucked her too, I really wish there was an option to hate fuck her

LOL I LIKE MEMES TOO

Wait you can actually fuck Anna Henrietta`s sister ?

Yup. Bang her in the clouds of the Fairy Tail land. She basically says she knows she could die soon, so you might as well fuck.

You can also get a better ending by talking to the sister after you found out she planned to kill the duchess and basically telling her to let it go. In that ending the reconcile for real (no stabbing) and everyone is happy.

im quite sick of Geralt, they should just make a Witcher game right after the Conjunction of Sphere where you play as the 1st generation of no-nonsense Witchers, filled with stories like Olgierd or Dettlaff instead of a stupid fucking campaign quest chain of "save the world".
Open world game filled with contacts and monsters and bring back potion preparation instead of pumping yourself full of oil and potion in mid combat.

=2nd Phase=
-Dodge bats by running to the left or right.
-When he does the flying charge, you can hit him out of the air with your sword, aard, or igni.
-You can beat the shit out of him when he lays the blood trap thing and then dodge backwards before he flys upwards.
=3rd Phase=
Just focus on the little blood sacs, run from sac to sac beating the shit out of them, keep running or he'll fuck your shit up, when you destroy all 3 he'll be 1 shottable.
=Last Phase=
-Knock a few back with your bro, Regis.
-Shed a tear.
-Go home and be a family man with Yenn and Marlene and Vinn Diesel in Pitch Black

Keep running around him in a circle, then when the "mushroom cloud" of bats reaches goes silent you roll in the direction you're sprinting (remember you can run by *holding* A instead of tapping it to roll). Tricky to do since the timing of your roll depends on your distance from him and the bats don't move as fast as you'd think, but it's doable, even if it is bullshit.

It gets very good shortly, even if the beginning is a deus ex to get Geralt in to a position where he isn't OP from all his adventuring in the main quest.

I had to use the generic save file they give you to start the expansion content because I lost my main save (80+ hours on Death March, FML), so in the end I had fucking Dandelion visit me and tell me about not rescuing Priscilla when she got Buffalo Bill'd.

What happens if you don't get the rubbon off the little flint girl? Does Syanna get murdered?

She gets murdered and you get thrown in prison. Then after a while one of your friend comes and gets you out, even lets you keep the vineyard. You don't get the money though.