Baurotrauma

Its a submarine game in the future where you travel under the icy crust of Jupiters moon Europa.

Its inspired by SS13 and the greenstext story pressure. We played it a while back, it was good fun. There have been some updates since we played last, new class, new lighting engine, everything is WAY darker. Also if I read that correctly it looks like questmode is implemented in multiplayer, which should give us a but more longevity this time.

I was wondering if some anons wanted to dick around again. Games free right now anyway

Website
undertowgames.com/barotrauma/

Windows
mega:///#!TEgwkSyY!sr2MlO_JCvCRAcbeOvgKFz4yto0CYzReZQ2m6yoXe84

Linux
mega:///#!7BhV1JYL!DXSyAp61x7p0P3l_cON611d_WjCNZZ9lM5N3pYLDLgE

sorry mac fags, you have to sit this one out for now. They said they are working on one, so don't fret

Also, I saved our subs from last time. Sorry if I forgot yours, I thought we only had two. Just drop them into the submarine folder in the game directory.

volafile.io/r/27Gq-K

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/Vlascenko/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump with some more pics.

Im going to step away for a 10 or so minutes, I can start a game but I wanted to see if there was interest first. The subnautica thread reminded me of this game.

What am I looking for?

Look very hard at th bottom half of that pic

its a crab
A very large crab

Ill be throwing a room up in a few for those what want to see what its all about.

Have a room named Hatesub up
PW is rage
Will keep it up for a bit to see if anyone creeps in

Alright I lied, quest mode isnt in for multiplayer yet, but you can choose your mission. There are new ayylien ruins and wrecks and such

I couldn't see your server in the list.

Let me try again

Back up, you see it now?

Still nothing my man, is the server visible or private?

Oh fuck, that was it. Its public now.

Downloading right now

Joining

says there's no response from host

just fucking kill me.

rehoasted. Let me look at my router settings

alright, try now

Post the greentext story?

Here you go mang

can't join

Me neither

still can't

God dammit. I don't know what I'm going wrong. It looks like everything is set up right in my router.

Maybe I'll change the port from the default one.

Well fuck, someone else want to try hosting? Even if you havet played all you need to do is choose sub type. I just want to see if its me.

Well this sucks. I was hoping to play but I can;t seem to figure out this hosting issue.

I'll keep playing around with it and see if I can figure it out

Is it open source?

I know you can mod it. Is that what you mean?
Sorry if thats a stupid answer.

Hes asking if the source code of the game is openly viewable and modifiable by the general public. While you may be able to add mods, if you don't have access to the code for every little thing it's not open source.

I checked the official website it looks closed source and they're going to try and make money off it eventually perhaps because there's mention of a commercial release.

Reason I asked was that they give fucking zips for the linux version instead of just being on the AUR.

Fuck I'm hungry

I don;t suppose the anons from last time are lurking and can share what they did to get the game working. It looks like I'm port forward right. No one can connect to me for some reason.

If someone else downloaded it and wants to try hosting that would be swell. I just want to see if I'm the issue.

that kid doesn't have a very bright future

just imagine being raised by that guy

Let me know when the servers up

It looks like people had issues when allowing Upnp so I disabled it. Give it a shot now.

If not wanna try hosting?

pw is rage btw

Someone else hosting?
I don't know crap about port forwarding…

Died in the tutorial.
Someone else hosting?
I don't know shit about port-forwarding…

It looks like its doing it on its own with Upnp enabled, at least as far s I can tell. But for some reason I'm not getting connection in. I would like to see if I can even connect to someone else game.

Give a shit user, if it doesnt work its not like we are worse off.

I mean shot

The game couldn't UpnP…
I can connect to the open server someone made there, tough.
you tried that?

No, most of them were protected when I tried. Thats a shame

I would hate to play with pubbies but it looks like I may not have a choice.

Hm, I can join a game just fine.

It must be some setting in my router, this really sucks

SERB WHERE?

Can you host? I can't seem to right now

lets see if I don't have to port forwards this shit

pw is eight

Can't connect

pressure, right?
couldn't join

try it again

yes, try again

THANK YOU SWEET SWEET GOD IT WORKS

Joined just now, gonna spectate for a bit since I never really played it.

Johnny had to leave but ti was fun. I hope you guys are on tomorrow

oh you guys are fucked

Which is funny because being open source doesn't preclude a commercial release - all it means is that you can have people doing it for free for you. Need to learn to differentiate code from assets.

he's doing it

I might hop on later got to finish this uni assignment first

how do I shot torpedo?
the thing was right on my sights, the ammo was loaded, what did I do wrong?

hold right click to aim and then left to shoot

that is if you have power and ammo

probably didn't have power then

I wish they had quest mode in multiplayer.

bump

So what did you end up doing to host last night? I have the port forwarded, what did you do different?

Server ?

Server ?

Server ?

What is the recommended number of players?

I remember last time,l. Good, clean, autistic fun. I'll be up for it again later.

Does anyone have a server up?

Start one. If everyone wgo asked tried you could get a game goingm i can get inbound connections for some reason. I can host other games just fine though
I need to fuck with it more I guess.

Ok I guess I was having a stroke when I wrote that.
I was going to say if everyone who asked hosted you could have had a game already.
I need to sort out why I cant get connections, I host other games just fine.

Anyone downloaded new version and it doesnt work?

Seems to work fine.
What do you mean?

for what purpose?

Anyone up to host? I still cant manage to get a connection to my game.

I'll join,downloading now.

Not played since v0.3.3.1
It was pretty decent even then, okay downloading now.

Wait,what the hell is the server's name?

Someone needs to host one. I keep trying but no one can connect, even with my ports forwarded

Does this thing need a beefy machine to host?
I could try on my piece of shit laptop,but I don't know how the fuck to port forward.

it should do it on its own if you have Upnp enabled. Give it a shot at least. I don;t know that its major malfunction is with my shit but its pissing me off.

What the fuck is a upnp?

Ignore this,I'm an illiterate retard.

Gonna try my hand at hosting,serb name is infinite niggers,password is eightycripples

cant see it, is it public?

No,I'll fix that.

FIX YOUR FIREWALLS

Serb's up,password is still eightycripples.

Oh….look at that.
Can I mention I never did this before?

Cant connect to your but you should be able to mine

Name is hatesub
PW is rage

Looks like I'm unable to join.
No response from remote host error.

You're version 0.4.1.5.
Current version is 0.4.1.6
Need to update or i'll try to figure out how to rollback

Oh, thats an easy fix Give me three minutes

I'll just join there. Infinite Niggers is gone.

HATESUB WORKS
GET YOUR ASSES IN HERE

ITS UP
NAME HATESUB
PW IS rage

All this game does for me is make the fact that there is still no version of SS13 outside of byond (and probably never will be) even more painful. Imagine an ss13 in a better engine with a control scheme and gui that isnt shit and actual gwafics.

One slot only ?

CRASHED REHOSTING

Tell server name when it's done.

What happened?

The SS Nignog was doing pretty well for a minute it there, fams

Hatesub, password rage

It says it only has one player slot, and when i enter the password. It acts like i didnt enter it.

Wut.
Try again

We are so fucking bad at this game

it's a really hard game

JUST

downloaded 0.4.1.5 for nothin m8

Okay, so just throwing out some design ideas.

We playin this again today?
I'm on my way!

How long do rounds last? Is it easy to pick up?
The ss13 thread is dead.

shit i was late
oh well

What did we all learn today?

that fagalon dindu nuffin?

the sysem is raycis

Best part of the game

so is anybody gonna host a new server

That captain loves you.

Sorry man, I didnt mean to. You were a good officer. He loved his job.

I was the madman that got in the medical bay with the crazy doctor
before entering there I shot all my harpoons at the guards back, killing him

I am that guard.
Guard equality now!
Guard pride, world wide!

Nice trips, Satan.

If anyone's still online, I'm going to try hosting.

cant connect

same

Well fuck, I dunno then.

So do you still have to download subs manually or has he put in an autodownload feature?

(checked)

As long as the host has the file, yes.

Great, don't want to go back to cuckchink for that sub archive.

bump for someone make a fucking server

bumperoo

If you are captain just remember, if you walk away from sonar for any reason. Put it on auto pilot and have it maintain position.

Often times I find once you realize you are sinking you've been trying to make the sub go up. Once the leak is patch you fly upward and slam the cave ceiling.

New svr up, 8ch - no pw

Im a good captin.

I just downloaded this and I'm doing the tutorial, but I can't get past the part where you have to repair the leaks. I go into the room but immediately die from what I assume is pressure.
How the fuck do I do this?

added the latest versions of the fullchan subs mega to the vola

don't shut doors and pressure (with water) will distribute about
be sure pumps are active and draining and there is a route from the flood to the pumps

which server are you guys on

Yeah, I managed it right after I posted. Is there a server up? This is not appearing in the list.

Anyone up to play? I might start a server if no one else will

I am.

Is there much to learn in the tutorial after you killed the crab? I died trying to fix the leak in the command center because I didnt put on a diving suit.

Server is up, name is h8, password is rage. Tell me if you guys can join or not.

Other than learning how to fix junction boxes (Just have materials and the skill to do so) and using pumps (negative taking water out, positive water in), no.

Can no one join? I saw one guy come and go. I'll just shutdown and wait another time if no one comes on.

Looks like I need to update to 4.1.6, but I can see the server.

wew

I can host after I get back from the gym.
Will be an hour or so .

Also check the site for updated build. The one in OP is old.

Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong door.
The fag thread is two boards down.

Those were some fun rounds, but we need to learn to stop crashing the sub

Shit i just found out what was wrong with my game and the server is rip.

Are you back from the gym yet?

NkDragunov, the guy who made the Nova Dragon Prime and the others, what cuckchan shit and so on? dump all the drama so i can read it when i come back, also im gonna build another Nova dragon, if you have suggestions post them here too :^)

Fucking sold

This is not ok.

Fuck you

YES

Welcome, enjoy your stay.

Ready for autism?

Name will be Hatesub
Pw is rage

I'm a little disappointed.

As a spectator of the current crew, you guys are marvelously disorganized.
i look forward to joining

RIP hatesub

so you did it

n, i was chilling in engineering then i swam outside and died then someone opened the airlock

that'll teach me I suppose

BOOPR, YOU FAGGOT.

Guys , get it together, you have a mission to do

was it an engineer?

How fucking hard is it to use an airlock properly?

Add that to the sub design checklist.
Airlock controls need to be restricted to captain only.

downloaded from the mega file in OP, but it's 4.1.5 so i am downloading .6 now.

gonna join you guys in a moment
this looks fun.

holy fuck that thermal artifact

I'm interested in playing sometime. Always wanted to be a submariner. Will check back on this thread frequently.

please gas yourself

A captain couldn't ask for a better crew.
Except you Redick, fuck you.

Holy shit Redick. I'm not sure if you're retarded or being a shitter on purpose.

And now the rest of the crew is killing me for wiring a battery up so people can charge their shit.
Well done I guess, fam.

Was i good cap ?

Good enough, if server didn't crash I'm certain I could have gotten the artifact and we'd have succeeded.

This game is fucking neat.

faggot

yeah, save for the admin deleting parts the sub for giggles, it was fun.

With dubs like that, you might have been.

I didnt delete nuffin

I did take control of the moloch though. I ofter showed my weakest park and only attacked the same part. I really tried to not kill you guys.

I was also the husk. I was planing to sneak on board and just pretend i was one of the crew. You guys caught me though.

When you literally see a man with a plasma cutter making a hole in the hull and opt to ignore it i feel i have nothing more I can do to save this ship.

I've done everything I can to try and save this ship and you're all going to burn for your ignorance.

However I will admit, the end of the round prior was fuckin hilarious.

A water detector being something that sends a signal when water is onboard the sub.
As in sending a signal to turn the pump on when the sub is flooding, saving power and conserving fuel rods because then the pump doesn't need to be on all the time.

Nice work. I hope that extra copy of chromosome 21 works out for you.

Conveniently left out the part where I saw you tearing apart the hull with a plasma cutter?

Or remove the detector several times to flood the ship?

Or that you used the same detector as proof of my "betrayal".

Don't worry, you dont need to pretend to be mad as you've already convinced them so no need to lie so blatantly, and don't bother concerning yourself with me, as I see they're well beyond the point of saving at this point.

I'll just be watching as you hopefully figure out new ways to harass and terrify everyone onboard.

Wiring system seems great for this, so feel free to experiment.

Server where? I'd host one myself but my internet is shit.

Who was the shitter ?

Redick

People kept sinking the sub by opening the ballest and airlock. I had to weld the fucking doirs and have sec beat anyone who get close.

It was fun. I think the issue right now is thst there isnt much for anons to do when shit isnt going down.

We need to work on our away teams. They either never leave or die and we dont know.

Just assign each person a post like gun operator/sonar/reactor/etc so that faggots arent stepping on each other's toes. Rigid roles make it so that there is less likely to be fucking around during down time.

Imagine this game, but with everything being bigger
A vast ocean of darkness instead of caverns. Things that make the moloch crabs look like chum.

There aren't enough roles for each person though. Engineers have nothing to do when the ship isn't flooded.

Maybe when the crafting system is a bit more fleshed out tbh.
Making decent weapons to fight the moloch crabs is a hassle right now due to the scarcity of C4.

I tend to look around the ship and learn more about/improve some of the wiring myself. Although it gets me handcuffed and shot in the head with a harpoon more often than not.

Also, is there a way to fix a flooded reactor? There's no output when it's full of water which means the bilge pumps don't run.

so far, we've mostly died because:
1) airlock abuse
2) nobody fixing leaks
3) nobody fixing junction boxes
and usually the engineers die before they can do anything

you need an engineer to fix the junction boxes next to the reactor

Throw 3-4 fuel rods into the reactor then check & fix all the junction boxes up the the bilge pumps.
Then run back to the reactor and take the rods out before it blows.

Well usually the only time the sub ISN'T flooded is when its hovering near the ruins. During this time, an away team of 2-3 is needed and off-ship. The remaining people on board can cover sonar and weapon systems among other maintenance the ship needs. I think this would work nicely if enforced. The designated away team got the last couple rounds slightly closer to victory. If sec was able to wrangle niggers into their jobs with little fucking about, the operations could be very smooth.

There's a lot of activity in the thread right now someone throw up a fucking server.

i've been playing for 4 hours now, i need a break

wew

This game will be really fun once there is some continuity in the multiplayer missions, when the reward is worth something

I can put one up in a minute. I just need an updated sub pack.

after around 8 attempts, and lots of drowning, we eventually had an artifact mission
we managed to reach the artifact after at least a third of the crew died
got the artifact
ship was badly damaged as usual, repaired it
and suddenly there's a fire that kills me, since fire extinguishers don't fucking do anything
then we realize that the captain and all the security are dead, so they can only leave the sub on autopilot
however the sub keeps getting stuck on the ruins when trying to move up
and then something in the sub got damaged again, and this time nobody could figure out why the sub wasn't working
so we were CLOSE to finishing the mission if the drivers weren't dead, and the sub was working in the first place

Never mind, my server can't support directx so the game crashes when I try to start it.

If the captain dies someone just needs to find his body and take his ID.

we kind of didn't think of that before we quit

We need a server

One server coming right up, it is called:

8Sub

Password is rage

Bump I guess, looks kinda neat, someone post gameplay.

why every admin is a faggot?

holy shit, it's like playing PnP rpgs with bad DMs.

The "admins" are just temporary hosts, so of course they are bound to be assholes.

I don't recommend PvP in this game at all.

Hey I just sat there and did nothing. All the shit that happened was the game.

I, for one wholeheartedly reccommend flooding the sub, crashing the sub, or blowing up the generator.

Yeah that sucked. Someone wanted to drop it in the ballest but that meant bringing it inside. I wanted to drop it in airlock and raise the pumps inward flow by 10%. That way it would still fill the air lock but not flood the ship when I opened the door.

Fires happened. Then an o2 tank blew and that was that.
What was worse is that we did the impossible and found the sub after losing it when we went EVA to get the damn thing.

This is what happens when we have too many people in an area around something dangerous. Sec should smack the fuck out of anyone fucking with a returning away team tbh fam.

No serb?

Anybody up for a server?

Doesn't look like it. I got booted from that public one for blowing up the reactor.

Can user host a server again?

Yes. He can in a bit. Maybe like 20 minutes

Liars go to hell, user

serb up
name is H8sub
pw is rage

I don't see shit, cap'n

lies

Same
get your shit sorted, fag

nothing on my end

For every minute I don't see your serber is a minute I'm gonna leave open the airlock for :^)

okay wait i fixed it and rehosted
try again gamers

Still don't see shit.

try again, homobenis

You best not be lying cause i dont see anything

Nope

Someone made a server named benis, pass is rage

okay its definitely fixed this time gamers
hop in

host, quit spawning those abortions, it's not funny anymore

Husks are legit thing that spawn you know. I didn't spawn it.

fuck, then we need udpated subs, we dont have weapons

I'll pick a few out that are "decent" subs

new server: jews and niggers
pw: nigger

NEW HOST
Name is jews and niggers
PW is niggers

*nigger

Im thinking of building a sub.

Anything I need to know?

Make an airlock that's hard to flood. Wiring the doors so that you can't have both open at once is a good idea.

could you just do this really easily with a NOT component?

that was fun

aight i made a lil setup check it out gamers
tried it in-game seems to work

door to the airlock hatch can't open as long as the hatch is open.
you can make something more rudimentary by just having two not gates going both ways so it works vice versa.
the water pump will turn on only if the hatch is closed and water is detected to save on power.

also there must surely be some way to put components on walls because light components are on the walls. how the fuck do i do this? shit looks hideous when you're wiring from components dropped on the floor

woops nevermind. Guess you hold rclick with the component in hand and swing at the wall where you want it. dank.

I downloaded straight from the website but no servers from us

Do i need to download the sub volafiles to be able to play with you guys? Chrome said those files are harmful so I don't wanna download it.

I've made a server if you guys wanted one, it is called Infinite and the password is rage

You don't need to download any subs to play with us, you can download the subs from the host.

Hurray

Chrome is retarded.

People really need to play the tutorial before joining games. That's 3 games in a row that we've lost because the power kept going out.

Just how long does it take to get the ballast pumps back up and running?

i thought the engine was fucked, wasn't moving at all

I was watching the whole time and for most of it the engine was fine. I think it did break nearer the end.

New server up

Again, server is up and going to be running for a while.

Infinite
pw:rage

I had to leave mid-round as a captain.
What happened to faithful crew member Dongus? Was his body ever retrieved from the depths?

Nope, they spent 30 minutes trying to get the ballast working and then ran out of reactor fuel and suffocated.

Host is ded

I can host
Name is Hatesub
Pw is rage

Eh, no one joined

We're all fucking around in a pub

Make an 'outer' and 'inner' hull, with a gap between the two just big enough to crawl through. Use bulkheads to divide the space into ballast tanks.

See attached image for partial example.

That way, if there's an exterior hull breach, you'll only lose one ballast tank instead of flooding the entire sub.

Bump

who down to play here

I could.

Put up a sub with a proper medical lab. I wanna be the hero the sub needs.

Adding the gun so far from the ammo loader seems like cheating.

benis

Someone should host a server, pubs are boring.

This im fucking lazy

i hate niggers

das racis fam

Anyone up to play?

I am fag

Either way, I'll set one up, 8ch and pw is rage.

I bloody hope there's assistants as i have no idea what i'm doing and just downloaded the game.

medbay directly over the airlock

What's the password you faggots.

I'm autistic and can't read.

Vlad next time don't be a shitter

password aint working, is it still rage?

Due to shitter problem it is not anymore, and I'm not gonna hand it out.

This thread already devolved into elitism?

How do I get into your circlejerk oh wise master

faggot

Fuck off vlad.

tfw

How much hair dye do you go through in a month, because this sounds like the sort of thing a self-professed social justice warrior would say.

You know kicking/banning niggers is an option, right?

Nice dubs but there is a group of griefing faggots that kleep changing IPs and joining

8ch svr pw? rage doesn't work

There is no way to teach someone to not being so willing to be such a faggot. It has been the same guy who has been fucking with servers since day one and he's in this thread getting butthurt that he can't be such a faggot anymore on my server.

Make your own server if you wish, but my server is doing just fine.

And you think I haven't tried that? The shitter sets his name to another person on the server, making it pretty damn hard to just ban or kick the guy I actually want to ban or kick.

Not only that after I even ban him he comes straight to the game, with a new ip after resetting his router. If only I could range ban.

password is benis enjoy boyz

steamcommunity.com/id/Vlascenko/

enjoy vlads steam

thats not my steam lmfao

good admin

no you retard, thats not my steam
did you literally just search "vlad" on steam and pick the first result?

if it wasn't you why would you be putting up this much of a fuss?

server up
Holla Forums #2

TRIPLE
SIX
FIVE FORKED TONGUE
SUBATOMIC PENETRATION
THROUGH
YOUR
SKILL

so how do I make this thing do anything other than crash as soon as I click start?

try not being a cuck lol

is serb dead?

Anyone be up to play for a bit?

me family
pubs are so fucking awful
im sure there's plenty lurking since like a dozen people ended up showing last night

fuckit , I'll put one up for a bit.

Name is hatesub, PW is rage

Still up?