Just got out of prison a few weeks ago and holy shit I just found out this game came out

Just got out of prison a few weeks ago and holy shit I just found out this game came out.

Is it any good? I remember joking around with you guys back on 4chan's Holla Forums about how it would never come out, but lo and behold here we are!

Maybe you should watch Mad Max: Fury Road instead

How the fuck did you know to come here then faggot? 4chan Holla Forums is still alive and hates us.

Here have some dubs

I have an old friend on steam who gave me the lowdown. 4chan came up in a conversation and he brought up this place.

What he said

WHAT ARE YOU REALLY HERE FOR user?

WHO DO YOU WORK FOR??

I heard it was undercooked.

OP, I…

I hope new video games aren't what kept you going in there…

Cool story bro!

It's not even bad just very forgettable, kinda like the TPS PS1 only games.

Nice, very nice.

So what did you get sent to prison for?

it's a meam you idiot

Nice

I'm not sure what to say to have you believe me.
Most of my years in prison I haven't had access to the internet, let alone 4chan .

My life has been a lot of ups and downs up to this point and this is one of my few days off.
On that subject, I'm working two jobs right now not just to pay for the rent, but because it's boring doing nothing all day.
Zero hours of playing games. Before I was incarcerated, I used to play video games all the time (when I wasn't working).
After finding out about this place I felt like getting back in to video games. I swear, the last game I ever played had to have been Team Fortress 2 or Unreal Tournament.
Really, though, what specifically is bad about this game? I find it hard to believe that a game so hyped could be so bad.
Times have changed, though. That's for sure. I didn't expect to come out of prison with Call of Duty games still being made.

Help me out here, eh?

The fuck did you do to get in the birdhouse huh.

The game's not bad but it's definitely not good enough given how long it took to game out. You may as well just pirate it.

Now me and a small amount of other anons have given you a quick lowdown, so you've gotta tell us what you did, nigga.

Also, did you drop the soap?

It was released unfinished, many of the levels were padding, shit, or resembled some form of actual talent. There's probably 15% of a Duke game in the campaign, the rest you'll have to suffer through. The game has been through many developers, game engines, and states of development, and it shows. Graphics are inconsistent throughout, and neither is the gameplay.

I recommend you play Serious Sam 3 instead. If you liked the Theif games or similar stealth games, check out Dishonored. Deus Ex got a 3rd game (it's a prequel), and isn't very much watered down. Not sure if you know about the state of Fallout, but play New Vegas if you want. None of them are like Fallout proper, but you can still find some enjoyment out of it.

Also Unreal Tournament 4 is kind of out, and very faithful (I've not been a big UT fan though)

It's a long story, but to put it simply I was charged with armed robbery

Duke Nuggem Forever sucks but there's a new Unreal Tournament that's great because everything is properly community controlled so things won't be shit.

Games… games have changed…

Play this instead

mozart's a pretty good musician still.

Did you join a white supremacy gang in there? You'll fit in perfect here.

pls ask him

hoo boy

Thanks guys. I wasn't expecting legit replies

why contain it?

Play monster girl quest

It's what happened to me when I stopped playing WoW after 5 years in 2010, played Call of Duty 1 campaign back then, came back and it's an indoctrination program that everyone try to plagiarize. Needless to say I then quit gaming for 3 years until I found Dark Souls.

Haven't seen threads this shit since the move. Summer is here again.

Game is pretty bad, but it's still kinda fun for a nostalgic DOOK romp. Might as well play it

The thought that someone could have their life majorly disrupted, cut off from vidya, and then kicked back into the world to find an industry they don't recognize, having missed out on all the good niche shit that they would enjoy with no way to catch up is genuinely unsettling to me

It's ok. Far from what it was supposed to be but Gearbox fucked it and fucked it hard.
Gearbox made "The Doctor Who Cloned Me" entirely on their own and guess what? It was exactly the same "quality" as the main game.

The good part is, you'll be able to appreciate all the good niche shit at once, instead of waiting for it to trickle in (complete with getting hopes up for potentially good games, ruined upon release)

How long was your sentence? What was the name of your attorney? What day were you released? What time of day was it when you were arrested?

I was arrested for meme smuggling

>>>/cuckchan/

A modern take on Duke - many mechanics are changed, so it's not a "true" successor.
But the spirit is there and it can be fun.

Passable.
Better than most FPS shit out there anyway, but that's not saying much

I don't know. I think they completely missed the point in a few places. That whole chapter where you spend like ten minutes gathering items in a strip club, to get a free lap dance stands out. The tits in Duke 3D were just cheeky little easter eggs that you'd glance at for half a second, before getting back to shooting things. You weren't spending whole chapters of the game focusing on Duke's desperation to see a pair of tits.

Duke has got women throwing themselves at him, asking to have his babies. Literally. I don't see desperation.

That's why that chapter was so fucking weird. Why does Duke care enough to run errands for some stripper?

Cause he likes strippers?

Did we play the same game?
The game is umexcusable garbage theres no spirit there, just a soulless cashcow.

Too bad that's bullshit
It goes out if it's way to mock the new generation of shooters but ends up stealing their mechanics and does an even worse job than them.

The game is shit user, just accept it and move on.

Did Jamal let you drop the soap user?
Where you in because you piratated a game?
Have you let someone drop his soap?

It's time to set a fire

Duke Nukem Forever fell for the two weapon limit bullshit industry trend.

Awful.

Awful.

And yet the industry has only gotten worse since then.

OP, if you haven't played Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 1 yet, do it, and do it soon.

shit thread, remember to sage

Yep. Between this and say Bioshock: Infinite, I know which one I'd play again if you put a gun to my head.

Don't forget that there's a lot of imageboard culture you've got to catch up on, OP.

Oh, needless to say, get to Holla Forums.

And /bane/

There's still plenty of posts till bump limit and even then there's enough pages to give you enough time.

Until you present facts, this image sums my feelings:

End your life.

QUADS OF RAEP CONFIRM ,OP WAS IN FOR BEING A SKALLYWAG AND HAS WILLINGLY DROPPED THE SOAP AT LEAST ONCE

The game is ok. Pirate because IP is owned by Gearbox and they are pricks.
People hate on it just to sound cool, there is nothing groundbreaking but it is really fun

I didn't think it was possible for someone to be this stupid, but I guess I was wrong

Nice example, retard.

So you got yourself caught. Now what's the next step of your master plan.

So I know its not Videogames but do you remember that Billionaire with the Reality Show, you remember Donald right, well last year he started his bid for President under an Anti-Illegal, Pro-America, Anti-Globalist, Pro-Nationalist agenda while having high level banter, he kept taking out people one by one, first it was Yet Another Bush, this time a Low Energy Guac Bowl Merchant who keeps Turtles in his pocket, then the only good Candidate from 2012's Kid who's half his size, then a Sleepy Negro who ended up getting on Trumps side, then a Gay Cuban who did the same, and then a Gay Canadian born Cuban who did not, also a Slovenly eater funded by the biggest ultra Jew around lost somewhere as well. Now while banting his way here he's up against a that ClitSnatch who got ousted by a Negro in 08 who this time out Jewed a Commie Jew Just today actually, I can smell the salt from the commies from here
So yeah a Nationalist is going to be President of the US

Irrelevant.
There is no one true mechanic. The very fact you defend Super Mario is because you realize that use of mechanics is situational.
Restricting the player is just as much a vital for gameplay as giving player options.

Weapon limits have their pros and cons, you can't just declare NWL as universally superior. Well, you can, but you'd be stupid too. Then again, you are stupid.

You just made up assumptions about things I never said.
2 weapon limit in singleplayer FPS is always bad.

Especially in games like duke where you are supposed to gun down many enemies.
They even limited the ammo, so the number of enemies was considerably smaller.

DNF suffered from the 2 wep limit and it spread to level design, enemy health, enemy number and density.

Might as well bring up turn based strategies then ?
This is how retarded you sound.

So more shit?
Not surprising. Ever played Crysis? Even played SWAT? Both have weapon limits. Both great games.

You completely ignore the positives (immersion, challenge, replayability) because you expect all FPS's to fit one single model you have in your head.
Your argument is shit and you are shit.

You have missed a Lot of stuff the deepest Holla Forums lore alone is worth a at least 2000 words and that would only be the tl;dr. If you want to know what was happening on 4chan since they hauled you in without reading Archives all day, just go to >>>/irc/107 and >>>/irc/5264 . For a good game you can play on the side, here's pic related, a cult classic.

Watch The Dark Knight Rises and, if you haven't already, American Psycho.
That should be enough to get you up to speed.

I've always wondered what it's like to be cut off entirely from the world for years only to get back to it and it is completely different. How does it feel OP, if you're still here? What has changed the most since you were last in the world? Ya know about SJWs yet?

For more information on this exciting phenomenon, see >>>/bane/