Fast Games

ITT we discuss games where you go fast. I'm in the mood for some fast paced games. I've been looking for something fast on PC, but I can't find anything better the clouldbuilt.

Also It blows my mind that nobody has tried to make a game like vanquish.

Bump

We shall wake is a super fast action game and you can download a demo of it

forgot pic

Personally I love rocket league for this. I always love speed in games. In rocket league its less about racing and more about split second decisions and actions

People are too stupid for vanquish.
Not only journalists, but people from Holla Forums themselves don't know how to use the boost system and they run out of boost, get stuck recharing and try to play it like a cover shooter.

To this day i STILL have to explain to people that when playing this game you're meant to use your boost efficiently and break it up with a lot of rolling, using wallkicking to get a higher ground and aiming for headshots mostly.

Vanquish is proof that the vast majority of players are literally to dumb to even begin to have fun with a game if the game isn't blatantly braindead easy in it's mechanics, the slight amount of credit the game gives to the player instantly makes the whole thing fall flat onto it's face because players can't handle jack shit these days.

It blows my mind that Vanquish hasn't been put on PC yet. Step it up SEGA.

Why is there no decent F-zero clones? Every other attempt I've seen completely misses the point and plays like shit

DOOM

the concept of 'score' (e.g. mastering the game's mechanics for higher points instead of just playing it one way) is completely lost on the average Western player
instead of aiming to improve himself and get higher scores, the Western player only seeks to complete the game

(checked)
numbers don't lie

Score was an arcade thing meant to foster competition between players in single player games to get more shekels out of the dumb kids trying to look cool in front of the other kids by being good
It means fucking nothing

OP here, just wanted to let you guys know how fucking awesome cloudbuilt is. Cloudbuilt does high speed 3D platforming better then segas 15 years of trial and error through sanic. It just blows my mind how nobody has heard of this game. It's cheap as fuck too.

score is a measurement of how well you have performed in the eyes of the developer
Platinum games do the same thing with ranks, and are an indication of how well you performed
you could just play like a scrub spamming easy combos, or actually improve yourself. games used to be hard enough that you HAD to git gud and play for score, though in the modern ages that's not as apparent anymore
of course the road to self-improvement is something one has to walk on their own, I can't really force you. If you are content with just finishing the game on Normal, then so be it

Xonotic

I fucking loved sliding

Tell me more about Cloudbuilt, OP.

Cloudbuilt isn't a game with a story or campaign like most games. Cloudbuilt is a fast paced arcade bolt to the finish line. It has a high difficulty so you will be dying a lot. The good thing is like super meat boy you can restart the level with no loading times.

It also lets you place check points where ever you want if you want to play like a casual. In all honesty this isn't a problem for me since the game is about getting levels done as fast as possible.

You have some great tools to get those levels done as well. You have a kick ass dash move that can be used three times before you have to recharge it. You can also wall run and dash off of walls. While your character has a gun its used more or less to disable turrets and traps. You don't fight giant robots or anything. So you use all you have to get to the end of the level ideally without losing any momentum.

Are the creators of the game from 8/v/? That's fucking awesome if true. There's some good potential there.

bump

Fuck off with that.

I wouldn't say they're FROM Holla Forums, but they show up every once in a while and talk about their game. They're pretty neat guys.

You wanna try Fotonica, maybe.

xonotic, but nobody fuckign plays it

Been meaning to play it but just haven't had much time to get to it.

I bet the gameplay is shit. It looks like the character just runs automatically and you just have to jump at the right time, just like that one dungeon run phone game.

Only ones I've played are the first mirror's edge, deadcore, and sanic ball

Name a racing game that doesn't make 100 mph feel like 30.