BREAKING NEWS: JAY "FUCK THAT LOSER" WILSON, THE RUINER OF DIABLO...

BREAKING NEWS: JAY "FUCK THAT LOSER" WILSON, THE RUINER OF DIABLO, CURRENT/FORMER LEAD DEV OF WOWS LEGION EXPANSION FIRED BY BLIZZARD

What a lovely, lovely day.

Other urls found in this thread:

mmo-champion.com/content/5749-Jay-Wilson-Leaving-Blizzard?#comments
mmo-champion.com/threads/2006229-A-Message-to-the-US-Warcraft-fans
frontwirestudios.com/official-announcement-steam-distribution-deal/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's just part of the problem. There's no saving Blizzard anymore.

Isn't Brevik's Marvel Heroes game doing well now?

Its that special time of the day user…

FUCK THAT LOSER

It is time.

Doesn't matter.
Blizzard's brand is to make everything look and feel like WoW.

>Last week in the games industry
GGGGGGGgggggggget fucked

IT'S A MIRACLE

Good. Let the rest follow.

Sleep snug, smug.

I forgot. what was that tune again?

DANCE THREAD

I DECLARE A DANCE THREAD

I went to MMO-C for a bit because I hate myself when I heard about this. The thread was full of people going on about how he'll be "Ghostcrawler 2.0" in a few years and people will miss him. They seem to forget the fact he fucked off from D3 in 2013 and no one has missed him yet.

WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY

who?

Metzen next?

what the fuck happened to my image jim

Wait? Is this guy that faggot who is basically responsible for why WoW is now just a race to max level and raids farming?

THIS

THIS IS AN ECELEB THREAD, REPORTED

Chalk up another win for gamergate!

Is this related to gamergate? I just assumed they were canning him because every game he touches gets fucked up.

It's a shitposter, user.

Oh…

Yes.

It's pretty fun too.

Actually, it's about ethics in games journalism

e-celeb tertiary thread

Tigole is different dude.

Wait who was this guy again

YES

Oh fuck

You're not the brightest.

bon voyage, Jay "fuck that guy" Wilson

Why didn't you post some examples of why this person is cancerous so the numerous people who don't know or care who it is can get a clue why this is in any way something to celebrate?

Just means someone worse will replace him.

I was gonna ask who that guy was since I didn't remember hearing anything about him, but thanks to this user karma has arrived and said

you know someone even worse is going to replace him, right?

it's Anita Sarkeesian

And the crash of the western games market grows closer.

Man that image captures modern life so well. Idiots taking credit for something they didn't build (western world) as they create a really shitty failure sequel (refugee crisis)

No.
He is the guy responsible for making release diablo 3 the shitshow it is, and for making WoD the astronomical failure it is (and Legion the future failure it is)

Whom?

Yes, it is.

because you dont spoonfeed underage newfags who dont know about extremely famous, common knowledge shitstorms of the past.
You tell them to shut their faggot mouths and lurk moar.

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up. It's not like Blizzard is salvageable at this point anyway

FUCK THAT LOSER

Lurk moar. The main reason why the guy was so cancerous is right in that very thread!

Now Dance!

I'm not too keen of knowing people that work or worked in video game companies.
Brevik, a lead developer and director of first 2 Diablo games had a negative and a disappointing opinion towards Diablo 3.
And then the current team that made this hellhole went hissyfit against Brevik. Correct?

This almost makes up for the fact that WoW is getting Facebook integration soon. Almost.

Also,

mmo-champion.com/content/5749-Jay-Wilson-Leaving-Blizzard?#comments

i'll spoonfeed you because you seem to be unable to ask for context like a regular human fucking being

jay wilson was the head designer of diablo 3, widely considered to be a horrible shitty trainwreck of a game for at least many months after its release, and jay pushed for most of it's godawful features

david brevik was the original creator of diablo and diablo 2, a legend of the industry and rightfully pointed out the flaws of diablo 3 and stated he did not like it

jay wilson's response to the creator of the ip he was working on was 'fuck that loser'

FUCK THAT LOSER

it didn't already?

Nice.

It's too late for Legion, so whatever.

It must be hard to still be a blizzdrone in year of the lord 2015+1

Dear Lord, why was he in charge of anything gaming related?

There are threads begging people to go see the warcraft movie because "professional critics dont know anything about movies and are just hating trolls"

No. One of the 2 content patches for WoD was for a selfie camera and twitter integration, so you can tweet from ingame.

Dunno, he wasn't good at giving head

I have this image saved yet I didn't give enough of a shit to remember Jay Wlson. There are plenty of posts saying "who?" yet you do not understand that people don't necessarily care enough about this faggot to know him or even remember him even if they did hear about this.

I recall Diablo 3 being shit. Thanks for refreshing my memory & giving context.

okay buddo

It's good to take note of cancerous cunts in the industry, especially if they're ==game directors==. Game directors have a lot, lot more say in the direction of a game than some cunty artist or low level dev does, who are almost always annoying cunts anyway.

You could almost say that game directors direct the game.
It's like identifying the jew; general good practice.

oops. I never use red text.

=one job=

You have to use two

That sounds too ridiculous to believe.

FUCK THAT LOSER

READ, AND BE HORRIFIED. I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND

>mmo-champion.com/threads/2006229-A-Message-to-the-US-Warcraft-fans

You mean Overwatch?

Woah man. Blizzards first good move in nearly 10 years.

This is why we can't have nice things.

I'm already 30 & it's gonna suck when I'm even older since my memory will be worse & spergs like this will be slinging shit at me for not getting every last detail correct.

Fuck that loser
He should have been fired years ago

That site was utterly horrible since forever. One of the most disgusting places on the internet on par with NeoGAF.

he should've never been hired in the first place.

MODS STICKY

>I know that the USA has the fanbase and the POWER to carry this film if they want if they show up, even with the low RT scores, even with the latest super hero hype..even with this trend of bad movie adaptations being around. I Genuinely beileve that if the US crowd and fanbase decides to show up we will.
This is incredible. I haven't seen this sort of thing since the Bioware Social Network tortanic shit.

I need more smug for this, and hopefully OverHype follows with the dropping playerbase after 2-3 months.

PARTY HARD

Heh.

Critic-wise, yeah. It's grossed 69 million thus far, and it still has yet to make it to the US. Chances are it will at least break even.

They got overwatch out the door before the smell of the corpse go outside the basement. It'll take a couple bombs before the Blizzard name loses it's shine for normals.

I WONDER HOW LEGION WILL TURN OUT

My dearest hope in life is WoW bombs if only for mmo champions tears.

daily reminder this site was started by a literal shill. Blizzard directly controls all the big WoW sites and e-celebs.

I hope Legion doesn't suck. I still play with friends and we can have a good time with it. Seeing how Jay fucked Diablo though and knowing he already had a big hand in it has me concerned.

wut?

What will happen to legion now?

wow. You are a fucking retarded person.

MMO-Champion is one of the worst pits to discuss vidya ever made. Which, considering the kind of competition it has in that arena, is breathtaking.

I'm not into WoW do please enlighten me, anons. Who's this faggot and why should we care if he got the boot from Blizzard?

Nothing different. It's too late in the development cycle at this point.

Answer has already been spoonfed to idiots like you. Read the thread before asking stupid questions for once, you chimp.

Wait, so this was the guy who thought auction shop in Diablo was a good idea?

Yup, he's the one responsible for the AH in diablo 3

A bad meal shared with friends is better than a grand meal eaten alone in silence, user.

So will blizzard be less shit now or what?

Yes, yes it is.

and now hes fucking unemployed.

vapes respectfully in your direction
i bet you also bought destiny.

Maybe.

the guy can kill a game like no one ive ever seen

I'd have dumped those friends for being retarded for this long user.

Yes, in the same way that taking a bucket of shit out of a shit ocean reduces the amount of shit.

I think the only thing he can do is RTSes, Blood 2 wasn't that hot especially compared to 1 but Homeworld 2, impossible creatures and Company of Heroes were the shit.

When I was offered the choice between minecraft and WoW I considered that.

'Least in WoW I can be a dwarf.

It will continue to be shit, the shit has become institutionalized.

Why would you think he's unemployed? He's probably going to write for Polygon as their industry insider correspondent.

Does this mean that Legion is going to be an even worse disaster than we can possibly imagine?

And what exactly is that going to change? Like ms also didn't get better with the new CEO.

Its not like people have hope in blizzard, its that they are happy to see this fucktard fired.

Yes.

Because "im finally working on that book" is the excuse all americans that think they are "smarter than you sheeple" use when they get shitcanned.

What makes you think there's even a worse in this case?

Big shot a blizzard for 10 years. He's a millionaire,

That is like choosing between cancer and AIDS.

Don't celebrate yet. Until Rob Pardo is back as lead director/designer for World of Warcraft 2

FUCK THAT LOSER!

What if kern returns

It's been quite some time since I've felt this smug.

It's alright, user. It's only the first step in Blizzard's cleansing.

Kern was Diablo II producer, right?
But there's no way. He's got too many "wrong" opinions to be hired by Blizzard now.

dumping smug

HAHAHA Diablo 3 was the game that sparked my eternal fury. FUCK THAT LOSER

it's funny since if it wasn't for him, blizzard wouldn't be the house hold name it is today

I KNOW, user, I KNOW.

They have non-stop fucked with the fans for the last 8 years.
Fans: "Blizzard don't you think you are insulting the players intelligence by dumbing down everything?"
Blizzard: "No we want the experience to be enjoyed by anyone regardless of skill level"
Fans: "So you admit you don't trust the fanbases intelligence?"
Blizzard: "Don't worry fans we are paying attention on the forums"
*Forums now only accessible to people who has active subscriptions*

refresh

W
E
W

man.
shame that website closed

I feel like Mark's trying too hard at this point

Those numerous people need to fuck off, just like Wilson.

it was requested by a friend, I can change it back if you want.

Didn't he get to be the lead designer on "Titan" until they killed it off as well?

If dubs Mark stickies

reroll

There will be no doubles for at least 5 posts.

Reminder how blizzard chose a really small FOV for their shit game because some players increased the FOV in the options and that wasnt fair to the people who dont check options.

Check your dream!

Tell me Kek, why curse us with no repeating digits?

Because you're a faggot.

Not today foul bachelor frog!

Says the faggot who failed to get trips.

pic related

anyways, just play vanilla WoW. it's very fun and very different from all others versions of the game, and other MMOs.

Never said I'd be the one to get them. Kek gives the numbers only to those who are most worthy.

Maybe someday.

He wasn't fired, he's going to write shitty fanfic now.

Yes
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

One of the lead developers of WoW, leaves just two months before a huge expansion is due to come out which looks no where near complete. Tanking is still a shit show, we have not even had a chance to test raiding yet. They tried to test the pre event and it fell late on its face. Blizzard needs all hands on deck, and he chooses to leaves now… fishy

Like rats jumping a sinking ship. Good riddance.

it's coming out in the summer, really? they usually wait until October at the earliest.

Got a link to the whole vid?

Uniforms are cool.

FUCK
THAT
LOSER

They are saying August. But at the current state I would not be surprised if it's delayed an extra month. Even with the extra month the broken shit classes will probably go live.

slightly off topic but is there anyway to pirate Diablo 3?
I want to see how bad it is first hand, but I am absolutely not willing to give money in exchange for it.
I know that it was always online at launch but didn't they change that part?

nothing will change

since it become ACTIVISION-blizzard and wotlk (1st expansion buy ACTIVISION blizzard) wow started to fall

then tencent came and put tons of micro transaction .

you will NEVER SEE warcraft 4
because it s much better to make a new wow expantion (it became a solo online game after all) than warcraft4.

warcraft4 would be 60/70€
while wow is 50 + monthly fee + microstransaction.

and like i said: ''wow is a solo rpg game now.
your character is not born as a hero instead of starting as a poor soldier who strive to become stronger and become one''.
so since you r a hero, what s stoping you from continuing the story of warcraft with WoW instead of with a warcraft IV ?

now in legion, your character will have thoses artefact weapons … just like 100% of the playerbase

sorry for my poor english

A journey of a thousand miles, Blizzard. Keep it up and maybe you'll be good again. But they made that fucking stupid movie recently so it's kind of a wash.

He'd fit right in with the indie crowd at least.

Does anyone know the name of this song?

They're all either jumping off a sinking ship like rats or Activion's is starting to well and truly tear the company apart from the inside out.

Good riddance though in this case. Fuck that loser.

Really guys, you are making Bateman angry

-Jay Wilson

Well maybe he should show us how it's done :^)

Who cares? Blizzard North is gone.

All that's left is MMO, MOBA and esports.

FUCK THAT LOSER

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Diablo 2 was the only game blizzard made that I had any enjoyment with since I'm not into RTS. The only game of theirs I liked was followed by blizzard firing everyone and shutting down the developer. As you can tell I am a huge blizzard fan.

was he actually fired or is he trying to leave lowkey? a tweet doesn't say a lot

Yeah Diablo I and II were not really Blizzard's, they were just the publishers. Then of course when they tried to get it going by themselves they fucked up in all ways imaginable.
Seriously it is hard to fuck up Diablo, even Path of Exile with no experience whatsoever and little money somehow succeeded in being an spiritual successor. Grim Dawn is another example.

All they had to do was get someone that actually played the game, and loved it to be in charge of the new Diablo. Instead they got some retard that obviously never touched the game before being asked to make the successor. He probably put a week into playing it if that, and decided he hated almost everything about it. He shit talked everything that made the games great, and told everyone that questioned his bullshit that he knew better. Fuck that loser

who?

I doubt he was fired if legion is going to be such shit and they were going to fire him. Why wouldn't they keep him on till shit exploded and fire him to show they're improving.

classes? i thought only spurdohunter was being added

i'm pretty sure their forums were always like that. it's not a new thing.

Whatever became of that anyway?

Grim Dawn slighty less of an example; Titan Quest was already a better game than D3, all these years ago, all the experience from it helped make Grim Dawn better.

Know who also fucked up in this market though?

Runic, aka, Torchlight devs.

What a shitshow.

I thought Torchlight 2 was good? I've only heard good things about it at least.

The server was shut down and Blizzard said suck it.

If I recall, Blizzard was supposed to have some meeting about it, but I don't think it ever happened unless I missed the thread on Holla Forums.

I had plenty of fun with it, but a Diablo game it was not. Completely different tone, and the gameplay just felt a bit different. Not bad, but different.

Well tone I can forgive it isn't Diablo it's okay to have a different tone. Was the gameplay different in a way that a proper D3 would be or was it something else entirely?

Some of the current classes have specs that are screwed far past fiddling with numbers. The prot paladin outside of two shoting people in PvP is a hollow mess in PVE tanking. I think a well know players said it best with, 'this is an insult to my keyboard'. Brewmaster (which I played) is fucking stupid, you can only tank well when you're half dead. You have to ask healers not to heal you otherwise certain abilities hardly ever happen and it just feels shit to play. They threw combat rogue in the bin and renamed it outlaw, it's RNG hell. You have to keep rolling dice and hope you roll well or your dmg can end up being shit. The whole idea is shit. Some specs have some good ideas behind them, but those that are not working we everyone in testing said months ago and nothings changed. Then there is BM hunter, a spec so simplified with nothing to press it could be played well by an epileptic dolphin.

It's done user, it's over. We have been forsaken.

The Nost meeting happened 2 days ago. No word on what happens next though.

Nah, but I hate that game genre. Played 12 hours, until I noticed the damage calculation was retarded shit. Basically you have armor and damage, 100 dmg vs 80 armor means 20 dmg, the bad thing is, crits are calculated before armor reduction, so if a monster crits for x3, it would hit you for 220 instead of 20 for a 1100% damage increase.

It wasn't anything major, but the socketing system was a little altered, and the drop rates for different things (like gems) were different. Mechanics-wise, it was much more like a revamped Diablo 2 with cartoony graphics than what I understand of Diablo 3's butchering.

Also, you get an animal companion that can sell items for you, which is useful as fuck for that sort of game.

Really? I never noticed. That's retarded.

Torchlight 1 was terrible. Redundant skills, one point wonders, uninteresting itemization, uninteresting enemies which don't do anything special until you find a few enemies that are extreme glass cannons.

Torchlight 2 didn't fix most of those issues, but had a bit more polish and multiplayer, y'know, things that should've been in the first game.

D3 had this at one point but removed it for some reason. The reason why so many people hated D3 at launch was because it was so much better in beta. Then for the final version tons of features were just missing like the animal companion and the horadric cube. Not to mention the completely broken drop rates for fucking everything. Then you had the online shop breaking everything even more.

Jesus, that sounds fucking awful. Fuck the loser that designed D3. Does it even have mod support?

user you cannot even play it single player unless you're connected to battlenet. The random seeds actually come from online so if your connection is shitty or blizzard is just tanking you actually get lag in the single player.

Kek

I feel like I was told this years ago, but my brain simply pushed it out as too retarded to be true. Blizzard, what the fuck?

funny how that one user predicted it was going to get a console release before it even came out. double funny that the console version is the closest one to being good.

Well you can play it offline for one fucking thing I think you can even play offline with multiple people on the couch. Like the old PS2 dungeon crawlers like Champions of Norrath or those X-men/Marvel Alliance games.

SC2 tournaments have been ruined by internet crapping out during matches despite all the computers being connected via a LAN. What makes you think they give a shit about the individual user.

Don't you have a good internet connection like all the good goys?

Yes, it was absolutely retarded, but it also set the precedent that even singleplayer games can be locked behind an online login.

anyone know the title of this song?

Yeah it real feels like shit having bought D3 at launch. I learned my lesson though and haven't pre-ordered shit since and refuse to buy anything with mandatory online for sp.

honest question, what other games require a connection for single player? I can't think of any offhand.

Good on ya for having some principles. We can only hope enough normalfags have enough dignity to not fall for the same shit just because it carried Blizzard's logo but I wouldn't hold my breath; it'll take another few dickings before they wise up.

Sim City 5.

Probably some ubisoft game too.

Sim Shitty Nu
Patho exil
ubisoft games, usually

oh dear lawdy the numbers

-Sim City reboot
-Quantum Break
-Star Craft 2
-Assassin's Creed 2
-Most recent Need for Speed

The list continues to grow every year user shit is getting scary.

Isn't Path of Exile F2P if that is the case I'm fine with always online. Since you aren't buying shit and they're income is reliant on people buying in-game shit.

Even if he was the only reason that it would be shit (which is unlikely since WoD was garbage and he wasn't in charge of that as far as I know), there's still only 3 months until Legion launches. There's no way they can fix it within that timeframe.

Yeah and the MTXs aren't really P2W sans the stash tabs which can be depending how you look at it.

Well shit, almost forgot to check 'em, thank you.

s-song name?

Now all they need to do is give Tigole the axe and Blizzard might have a chance at being a good video game developer.

Yo, get a song identifier app like Shazam. Computer Wife - TWRP

DANCE TIME BOYS

darude name?

Only because it's one of my favorite songs.

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS MAKE A GOOD GAME

thanks user

Watch_Dogs

FUCK THAT LOSER
U
C
K
T
H
A
T
L
O
S
E
R

I want to /ss/ first gif

reddit-tier

frontwirestudios.com/official-announcement-steam-distribution-deal/

I want this song

These two things are related, aren't they?

You Reposted In The Wrong Neighborhood by SHOKK

Can you post the lizard version still though? I thought I had it too.

this counts as dancing I guess

I must confess I did buy it on discount. Since then I learned to never cave in to peer pressure to buy a game.

Is there a longer version of this?

Wowfags on sudoku watch still even if he's gone.

Nigga that ain't pumpkin hill

I literally only remember the quote. Never would've recognized the dude by name in a million years.

I've scrolled though this whole thread, but I don't know when or why he actually said that.

traps are for fags.

My god this summer is going to be epic for disasters. What else is happening?

Inb4 he becomes a writer at Polygon

Good. Still has Metzen and like 3/4 of current Blizzard to go but it's a start I guess.

The most surprising part is that, until now, Jay Wilson still had a job.

Dave Brevik, one of the original creators of Diablo, said D3 did things he wouldn't have done and he's sad that people aren't enjoying the series he helped create but also happy that people love it enough to be angry.

Double the gif speed

That explains wrath so fucking much.

Fuck this loser.

Bateman, notice the repeating digits in your image name - you got the quads!

I believe the guy that made this did it for his portfolio.

Couple this with that other thread I saw earlier about how preorder number for the new CoD are way down and we could be seeing some lovely cracks in the armor of the AAA game industry.

Sadly anons, I doubt we'll see a total crash any time soon. Punters have proven themselves to be cows waiting to be milked, so even if AAA goes away, there will always be moba/f2p horseshit to milk them dry.

Although I could see Ubisoft going away if Vivendi hostile takeovers their asses and drives them into the ground.

The games crash won't be in our favor if it crashes because developers tried to break the mold and the brainless drones turn on them because of it.

But don't me stop you, you glorious memer.

Serious Sam 4 is released this year and it will be shown at E3

wew

I don't get it. What he is saying seems like a good thing. Focusing on pve instead pvp is way more important. If i wanted pvp i would play something else. I am missing something?

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Well f*du you for being an apologist. Blizzard does a 10 million player fraud on the PC fanbase with Diablo 3 and anyone defends the scam artists is a Blizz shill

…..Sigh.
Just because I have doused baby animals in barrels of acid and killed your parent doesnt mean I should forever be defined by those actions. Its all in the past, now buy my turd waffle.

Scrolls of Lore is the only good warcraft fansite I've ever found.

Wish I found it years ago instead years after I quit.

>i have a recent post with 100.00o hits in MMO champ
well he is 15 , but still

Marvel Heroes was doing well under Brevik, it saw a content development surge versus the state of the game at launch.

the fact that the game's code has an unplayable Cow King hero that only Brevik can use(and did for streams) tickles me in a way not many other online games can.

I will say as a Devil's Advocate that Jay Wilson is not utterly talentless. The original technical alpha video showcasing the Diablo 3 engine at its earliest stages looked really great and Jay was the person largely responsible for the engine(not art). I do think giving him more slack on the reins and letting him steer any ship was a bad move, but he's at least a very capable programmer. He never should have been given leadership.

Watching this video, Diablo 3 could have been a very different game. I play the current Mosquiera seasons pretty vigorously, but every time I revisit this 2010 trailer I feel a massive shock compared to the paragon level-fueled high speed anime twitch combat I'm actually playing. It's an abstract kind of feel.

So what you're saying is that if Blizzard wasn't being run into the ground by kikes already for years Diablo 3 wouldn't be shit.

the dance of my people

did you seriously strip this from Alien Ant Farm's clip and replace it with shitty ass music to it ?

Talk about one hit wonders

Holla Forums was hilariously accurate about D3 in general. The moment it was announced threads popped up predicting 100% of all the bullshit.

The console thing though wasnt a prediction, if I remember correctly, there has been information leaked about the mechanics and the engine which all have pointed to a console game with PC port. Given the market back then, the gen4 hype, that user has simply put 2 and 2 together.

Its a shame I dont have the old drive anymore with the screencaps of those threads.

The same shit happens now with the FF7 release. Im confident we are spot on, again.

DOUBLE DELIVERY

yup he developed legion.

ah ah! you said legion

I moved on years ago, was a hardcore pvp'er, now I play games like the elder scrolls,dark souls,the witcher…etc

they are much more satisfying and the lore and immersion is much better.
now that I look back on wow, I realize it wasn't that good.
I also realize that only nostalgia kept me playing (I was a warcraft3 fan).

just let it die guys.
No good can come out of this shit anymore.