The Playstation 3 is now a decade old

The Playstation 3 is now a decade old

Good fucking god.

BREAKING NEWS!

TIME GOES FORWARD, SCIENTISTS STUMPED AT DISCOVERY

for perspective's sake, FF7 was barely 9 years old when the PS3 came out.

SCIENTISTS BAFFLED BY MAN'S IMPRESSIVE DIGITS

In six months 2007 will be ten years ago.

This gen has nothing good to offer. No wonder every semi decent game gets a remake/remaster.

GOOD GOD
YEEEEEOWWWWWWWWWW

Still use my PS3 for
MGSR
Shadow of the Colossus
Ni No Kuni

The PS3 is older than the PS4 has games.

TIME GOES FURTHER FORWARD

SCIENTISTS DIE OF OLD AGE

SCIENTISTS UNABLE TO BE REACHED FOR COMMENT

If there weren't any clocks, would time still exist?

can't win either way, just find the games you want to play, they are out there

I remember watching PS3 promotions on GameTrailers

is like you want to alienate the casualfags, you know, the faggots that are fueling this industry.

Probably should have kept it for another 5 years.

Why can't I go back?

I still haven't played MGS4. Fucking dick move from Sony to make it an exclusive by helping the funding of the game. I won't give in, oh no. Gonna wait for that PS3 emulator.

More resolution means less graphics.

you don't need better AI to make better games. Better AI is a pretty superficial term. What matters is the quality of the design and how it encourages the player to explore and understand the game mechanics.

NINETY NINE US DOLLARS

tomorrow will be 3 years ago

Do you think it will keep getting games for 3 years?

It doesn't feel like that Long ago because both the 360 and PS3 had a long awkward starting phase before the became the systems we have today.

As far as I'm concerned, the PS3 is 7 years old.

But the PS3 came out in March 2008
It was delayed many times

What I remember the most about the PS3 is

==599 US DOLLARS==

It was $1000au here I rememebr

Reminder that there are probably people on Holla Forums RIGHT NOW who weren't even ALIVE when 4chan, 2chan, or 2channel were launched.
Feelin' old yet?
I know I am.

And it still has no games.

On the internet, nobody knows that you are a loli.

If I could turn BACK time….

10 years old and still no games.

I still believe in the possibility of an emulator

And yet still

NOGAEMS

its pretty much the worst metal gear solid game, you aren't missing much. installing the game multiple times was bad, and its got like 0 replay value.

on PC
its a ps2 game, why bother with it on ps3?
was that any good?

How much is the current value of 599 US Dollars from 2006?

IT'S RIDGE RACER

Looks better on PS2.
Not quite what I was hoping for out of the game, but I enjoyed it. It dragged on for a long ass time though.

Fix'd.

It's $710 now apparently.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

there are actually kids playing minecraft in school right now who weren't even born yet when the beta came out.

At least we still have the memories.

Did you use Holla Forums's inflation calculator?

Maybe he wants to play it at more than 15fps?

Our bodies would shift to daily cycles that last 25 hours.

kek. Switched from playing Battlefield on PC to console back in 2010 and I have still yet to see a single hacker.

Wasn't there a 12 year old Canadian kid that posted something really edgy on cuck/r9k/ late last year, and he was arrested for it?

He was barely alive when moot created 4chan in '03.

Get me off this wild ride.

Wait, that's not my image!

Sounds like a Battlefield/EA problem. Plenty of games on PC with very few "hackers"

What the fuck

And Konami kept his youth serum.

Time moves forward and nothing changes.

Thanks for letting us know, user.

It's still a better choice to buy than the PS4 at the moment, due the fact it have games.

Casuals love AIs, just ask the sims.
Better AI only alienates the publishers because its "straying too much from the tried and true".

the concept of an hour wouldn't exist though would it

Remember all those old people who would say that 70s were good? Or 80's? Or 90's?

There was huge gap between those decades. Between 2010 and future 2020? There's no gap. Between 2010 and 2000? Doesn't feel like one.

Its like in 21 century time became more fast, and only some people noticed that.

I think it has more to do with the fact that you lived those decades, so you saw the change happen. You don't see it through the lens of historical events, discretized around key points of an epoch. You are living in continuous space.

There is quite a change between 2000s and 2010s. The 2000s will probably be remembered as the decade that saw the evolution of technology and brought computers to the masses, along with internet.
The 2010s will be remembered as the decade that gave birth to viable virtual reality and to omnipresent internet connectivity.

Even the music styles are not exactly the same, if you look at cheesy 2000s music it doesn't feel the same as cheesy 2010s music.

But yeah, I will agree that the world is faster nowadays. This is something you definitely can see in video games.

A decade ago most people got only a few games a month and would cherish them no matter their flaws. Nowadays, the market is so big and it's so easy to get new games that you can just throw away games you don't like.

Steam is at the front of this. Buying a new game on Steam takes about 10 seconds, and installing it a couple of minutes if you have a very high bandwidth connection. Games are disposable. New games are released in various states every minute, new shit to try out once you're slightly worn by the "old" shit.

You forget something important, that has huge impact on the experience of the changes in the world.

The fact that in 21 century we all sitting at home and doing nothing but entertain ourselves with electronic devices, computers, tablets, tvs and don't go outside.

What was the best PS3 exclusives?
Mine was DS and MGS4

What's your favourite fruit Holla Forums? Mine is definitely not banana