Tfw after the years of bad single player experiences we've finally moved on to games with good mechanics but...

When will the good ol' days of single player come back?

who?

Never.

Many people do not play games for the sake of the game itself, but instead for the gratification they get from activities with others. Like a team sport, people often get enjoyment fun either from the competition against each other or the camaraderie of playing with friends, than they do from what they're actually playing.

It is a common sentiment that under all circumstances it is better to play with others than alone.
Among those who disagree, many like multiplayer well enough not to complain anyway.
So in the end, those who prefer single player enough to complain are too few to be significant in many cases.

We did? I thought multiplayer mechanics got dumbed the fuck down over the past decade.

Single player is dead thanks to piracy. Good Multiplayer is the only way to make people pay for your work

i have another way to get paid for your work - being fucking good at what you're doing

You have no one to blame for this but yourselves

You mean in a world where Fallout 4, an exclusively single player experience, with a crack available on the day of release, sells 3 million copies in less than one year on only one platform?

What are you even on about you dumb double nigger

i haven't pirated a game since i pirated darkest dungeon and then proceded to buy it the next payday.

i haven't seen any games worth pirating. hell i bought total war:warhammer and refunded it.

It's sad when even the creators of good games have to pledge in torrent sites for help.

Pirates are the scum of this earth

Ebin

I've never even heard of this game

The worst thing a game can do is not actually make its presense known, but then again how are you going to market yourself against AAA publishers with much more funds than you like Paracocks?

Switch to Japanse games OP.

The Western industry has almost entirely been taken over by online cancer and social media.

Participate in communities, have good social media presence. If you're not an absolute retard you will be able to do it

I have for a while, but I'm getting tired of anime games

No single player is dead because it's hard.

Subscriptions and micro transactions are easy.

Why would someone pirate a game they think is bad?

Apparently pirates have the worst taste in gaming, they can't stop illegally gaining access to things they think are bad, and then playing them.

If you're a publisher you have every reason to prevent piracy simply out of self-interest, but if you're a consumer it's the other way around.

The reason for this is that piracy and DRM are not directly about sales, not all publishers are dumb enough to think that cutting off the hordes of poorfags from participating in the community is going to be a net positive for sales every time. It's really about marketing, piracy takes power away from marketing, so if you're publishing a mediocre game that relies on matketing to sell, piracy could be a disaster, especially if the game gets leaked before release. On the opposite end of the spectrum if you have a good game with shitty marketing, piracy is actually helpful.

Publishers can't tell if a game is good, but pouring money into marketing campaigns is a reliable and consistent way to increase sales, so they have to fight against piracy to protect their marketing.

This has got to be the most retarded thing ive read all month

God save Denuvo. Savior of gaming

ITT: OP is ultra butthurt because a game he was hyped for for years turned out to be multiplayer only trash

Are you implying that Overwatch is a good game?

Is this a form of shitposting or is this board really that autistic? This shit has bugged me for well over a year now.

Reminder that HL3 doesn't exist because of the growing multiplayer-focused market.

Look inside yourself and the answer will become clear.

shill spotted

Never. The market doesn't want something they can't play with their friends. If you can't murder your friends and make fun of them for it, most of the market will tell you to fuck off.
Also companies have a convenient excuse for DRM with multiplayer games, because they know consumers will call them on their shit if they put out a single player game that's always online.

It's funny how WoW is dying because there need to be good singleplaying experiences in game.

Heeeheeeheee
Are you an underage consolefag?

Reminds me of some faggot way the hell back years ago in 4 Holla Forums trying to defend his piracy and going on and on about how much some game he pirated sucked but he still 100% and thus won't actually buy it.

I swear shill has become a nonsense word along with cuck, why bother making any sort of an argument, just call em a shill or a cuck and going about your day, confident on the knowledge of how badly you owned that random user.

Fuck off shill cuck ribbitor

WoW is dying because its become too much of a singleplayer game.
There's no need to talk to people anymore when you can queue for everything with randoms from eighteen other servers. You don't need a guild because you can do every piece of content (outside arenas, I guess) with randoms or by just hitting a "go" button. You don't need parties when you're questing because there is no difficulty and no quests require more than one person.

Since this is a shit thread anyway I'm staggered by people who say "omg no demo no buy" or "pirate before buy" and then go buy games on steam. It fucking has a "play for less than 2 hours and you can get a refund" system. You never need more than 2 hours to gauge a game. Stop being a pussy and just pirate shit because you want to pirate, are you afraid your anonymous internet reputation will be tarnished?

Because pirate before buy was a thing before steam even existed.

That makes no fucking sense

My year old habits habits > steam's attempts at jewing people over.

If you don't like steam then why are you replying to me in the first place? Holy shit learn to read.

Who's going to stop me, you?

Why don't you make me you meme spouting little fuck

You wanna go, you stupid shit?

Some games see a pretty noticable change in how they play after what's normally the 2-hour mark for most players, such as Antichamber. Really, the refund timer should be dependent on the game or just go back to demos instead of this gay shit

maybe if they didnt casualised it in contrast of the frist game (even though the AI cheated)

Yeah, that's what I thought, bitchboi. Walk away.
I bet my dad could beat the shit out of your mom.

They did it to themselves.

what's not to love about satisfying mechanics in a cute/sexy/fun visual package?

the best is when they try to cast jew magic to convince themselves that they are "not technically thieves"

Man there's hardly been anything even worth pirating over the last few years, let alone buying.

What? No. Games are decreasing in quality with regards to everything but graphics and audio even now (mechanics haven't improved at all either, rather they keep getting dumbed down even now).

oh im all for piracy, i just know that im stealing when i do it and i dont sugar coat it with legalese.

Piracy should have inside rules for fuck's sake.
Actual pirates had rules as well, like parley etc.

There is for example a pretty active italian pirate group which simply exist as a critic to author's rights, thus the meaning of the piracy, but states no torrent can be posted for any product with less than 12 months of age.

IMO piracy needs rules for one simple reason: you can't respect an institution based around anarchy.
And if people start respecting piracy we'd be a step closer to a world with obligatory DRM-free games.

Yes, exactly what we need. Rulecucks in fucking piracy.

Now that nobody can get a demo, games are overpriced as fuck and buggy for years after release, let's ruin piracy too.

We are adults user.
In the real world there will always be a clash of interests, in this case your will not to pay against the publisher will of you buying.
What we can do, as adults, is to make compromises.

The only "rule" of piracy I believe in is "seed twice what you download".
myself having a ratio of over 10
Other rule enforcement is stupid and against the idea.

I might just get myself carried away but literally any illegal group which also lasted for a while had some sort of support from the crowds.
The point is, how do you achieve that without angering the "enemy"?

One interesting thing would be seeing pirates releasing "timed play pirated versions" which let you play the game for a limited amount of time and then invite you to buy the game, but after a certain amount a free unlocker is released giving you access to the rest of the game.
Because seriously, if liking the game wasn't enough for you to buy it, then you might as well have it for free, but at the same time supporting good game developers is a good thing to do.

Exactly as adults we have less incentive to pay for overpriced or buggy games.
Exactly as adults we need to save cash on things we need. In my case an apartment.

Why should I have to pay 10-20 dollars per 10-15 year old game that I want to replay ?
Oh look at that. The company has even dropped support for the game, servers do not exist anymore, updates do not come out, but steam and gog are selling it for 15 to 20 euro or more. The company that made it might not even exist anymore. God knows where the cash ends up.

Been pirating all my life and only buying shit I genuinely want to support.
I will keep pirating and staying away from you cancerous rulecucks much in the same way piracy has no regulations but those that apply to the torrent tracker, file server, direct download server or whatever it is a person is using.

There you go again. Rulecucker of the highest order.
Piracy has always gotten everyone free shit, although without the latest updates.

What you are suggesting - regulation on piracy, defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

You are one of those that feels genuine guilt when pirating.

I don't feel genuine guilt when pirating, I just can afford games easily so pirating is only for pieces of garbage im not even sure I wanna play, or overpriced stuff.

There is nothing wrong with buying videogames.

True.
Yet there is everything wrong with regulating piracy.

Tell me your argument or shut up.

Since you can't read above:

Regulating piracy would be the death of piracy. It defeats the purpose of getting free shit fast and close to release date.

There probably never will be any fresh single player experiences. Even now the only single player games that get sold are well established by their previous games.

It's not cute/sexy/fun if you don't like the art style in anime. Don't get me wrong, I love how JoJo is drawn, and a ton of stuff from Studio Ghibli looks cool as shit, but that's 1% of all anime, a lot of other shit looks exactly the same.

Because they are only (((humans)))
They will have the wife drunk and the barrel still full of wine, even if the wine is cheap and the wife ugly.

They will came up with any excuse for their action
Is the double thinking world I tell you

Demos where the only thing that kept piracy out. And only faggot would do it. Instead now they have the "holy than thou" attitude

But can't be done anymore since devs don't know how to make a game anymore

Plus if you play offline the 2H rule can't be applied since there isn't the game clock to tick

Maybe it would mean the death of piracy.
Or maybe it's just be reborn with a different name buccaneers

It'd*

what games are you talking about?

Sounds so perverse, but credible in a business context.

Anything I'd respond to you with you'd tell me they're shit meme games or greentext me stuff you've heard so I'm not even gonna bother

this is the face of /int*/, people, remember that.