It occurs to me that since the acquisition of Hudson Soft by Konami, the White Bomber has done a whole lot of nothing...

It occurs to me that since the acquisition of Hudson Soft by Konami, the White Bomber has done a whole lot of nothing. What would you do to fix that if you were in charge of the IP? Obviously make a game, but what platform and what genre would Bomberman work as in this day and age? How would you market it? If you don't change the gameplay significantly, what do you do to improve it or distinguish it from its predecessors? Is it better to gradually fall into obscurity as Bomberman is doing than to serve only as a reminder of a bygone era like Pac-Man does?

I don't know but I do know that Bloody Roar got shitcanned when Hudson got bought up by Konami too so they should cross over.

Or something.

Make Bomberman: Act One.

Bomberman Act 00

Bomberman has a very strange problem.

It's fucking perfect

How do you continue to sell a game that's potential has already been fully realized?

For multiplayer, basically Atomic Bomberman with netcode designed for this century

F2P online PVP game for Android and iPhone.
It's the only place he could possibly fit nowadays, except for smash bros.

Also because I'm dyin for some action online multiplayer on my phone.

add more diversity
the main character is already a transgender wearing a hijab, now add more

Bomberman with online multiplayer and support for a fuckton of players at once, with a variety of arenas and characters with different abilities. Basically Saturn Bomberman on steroids.

Make a bomberman MMO

Why is Bomberman so cute?

I think some fantastic improvements to the gameplay were brought in the bomberman clone included in Spiral Knights.
The biggest improvement being using deathmatch rules instead of elimination rules.
With elimination, the arena becomes too empty and easy to avoid bombs, and it always goes into sudden death because of it.
Also the items were stripped down to the basics, bomb, flame, speed.

It's kind of obvious that they don't want to get blown.

Make another entry similar to Bomberman 64 and Hero. Maybe integrate some of the gameplay mechanics from Bomberman Tournament for the GBA.

Classic Bomberman is the best. I hated his last design before the franchise went dormant.

Why would anybody blow him in the first place?
He's cute, but not in that kind of way.

The rapeffugee crysis and IS are being ultra niggers. They don't want to get blown so no bomberman.

Bomberman 64: The Third Strike
Keep the custom system from Custom Battler Bomberman, too. And elemental bombs. And both of these enabled on multiplayer.

Try to do the original formula in 3 dimensions. It would be incredibly hard to make well, but in the end it would be worth it.

He's got a very simple character design that can emote a lot with very few changes to his face.

I'd make him a pretty mischievous character, like in a cutscene that would play at the start screen I'd have him think that planting bombs is some kind of hilarious prank and show him planting the bomb in an enemy's mailbox. Before he closes the mailbox, I'd imagine him letting out a small, high-pitched giggling noise and covering his mouth with both hands to suppress the noise before diving into a bush to watch his handiwork. When the enemy blows up, he'd topple over laughing.

dark and gritty reboot on the xbox one

Man, I really loved Bomberman GB. I'm disappointed we never got more like it.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't turned it into some mobile cancer.

How do you even git gud at the NES games?
Every other Bomberman game is easy because they're faster paced and you become decently powerful early on, but in the first game I just get ass raped because it takes forever to get the upgrades so I'm forced to get real close to the enemies to trap them with the bombs and a lot of the time they'll just tell me to fuck myself and turn around without warning.

Fucking THIS. 64 and Second Attack are fucking beautiful games, and I have not seen anything the likes of them since.

We can change him

But they're less cute than he is.

grills are cuter by default, its a universal law.

expand on what bomberman 64 did. make a 3D arena, get people to bomb eachother with power ups and stage hazards. Make it like Splatoon but with Bomberman.

OR if I was Konamiā€¦

make bomberman into a pachinko machine where I can use the bombs to gamble and donate more coins to win :^)

This guy gets it.

Just make sure it has the best soundtrack in the world. I'd even say it should follow the same 3D platformer-puzzle the N64 Bomberman titles did.

sounds like a shit law

guys just play this
gameofbombs.com

I disagree with this "law"

I'm more concerened about Bloody Roar OP