Places to advertise roleplay servers?

Hey there /tg/. I'm the administrator of a roleplay site that's kinda in a bad spot right now. We're a scifi roleplay server based off of Starbound (shit game I know, but good RP platform if you ignore the new lore.) and well, uh, we've been lacking in players lately. Yes I'm aware I'm blatantly shilling my site here, but hey I figure if there is anyone who knows where to advertise your RP server, its you guys.

So, where should I focus my efforts? I'll be completely honest, I'm new at the job of running something like this and I already feel the crushing weight of responsibility pressing down on me. Any helpful tips in addition to places to shill my server would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to clarify that this server is essentially a glorified chatroom RP with some pretty pictures to go along with it. Starbound is a shitty game with shitty mechanics that are basically broken.

Here's my site, feel free to ask questions.
orionsedge.com/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/uzWm2
orionsedge.com/index.php
antaresroleplay.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But user-kun, this is Holla Forums not /tg/.

Also, post custom content you got on your server.

Funnily enough /tg/ told me to come here. Anyway here's an imgur album of some towns we set up. There are more than this tho.

imgur.com/a/uzWm2

As for custom content you won't find elsewhere, we have custom chat commands.

type /setexamine to set a description for your character and /examine "character name" to read other's description.

Type /roll 1d20 or some other variant to roll a dice.

/scry is used for learning who is where, its a great tool for people who want to hop in to roleplay without searching everywhere.

Finally, logging onto the server starts you in orbit over our space station. Beam down and click on the ticket booth to instantly teleport to whatever colony piques your interest.

I'm not sure how RP friendly Starbound is, honestly. How does it compare to let's say, SS13 or such?

Leave and never return.

Well like I said, its not really a starbound RP server as much as it is a chatroom RP that happens to just Starbound as a client. On the plus side, you don't need to type as much since people can see what you are doing/what you look like, and the artists among you can import custom sprites to use as cool props. Trust me, I'd love to have the game mechanics seamlessly integrated into the roleplay, but they are all just so broken that its a pointless exercise. If we're gonna have any sort of mechanics, it would probably be some kind of dice system, but we don't have anything like that.

See above.

I'm one of the retards that jumped into Starbound early and was severely dissapointed, I guess I could jump in for some fun times. this better not turn into an ERP.

No but really fuck off you faggot and take your shitty game RP with you. You belong on reddit, you homo.

ERP is banned on the server. After all, the server logs all the chat messages, so if we ever needed to find something we'd have to wade through pages of poorly written smut. Noooo thank you.

Excellent.

Mhm. Oh and just a heads up, we're a little low on player count at the moment so there might not always be people on. Personally I'd recommend getting on even if the server is empty. After all, someone's got to go first, right? But that's just me though. Anyway have fun on the server!

I'll still be lurking he to answer any questions people may have, btw,

What's the server?

Link's in the description but I'll just copy it here.

orionsedge.com/index.php

click on the 'sign up now!' button to create an account. Its to the right and green.

Link is in the OP, I mean to say, oops.

fuck off

Hi Narks. Regret burning all of your bridges already?

To those not in the know: Orion's Edge went to shit because of their manbaby administrator. Everyone moved to Antares which has a far bigger population right now. If you ever regret bought Starbound but want to try role-play in it your best bet is in the server with an actual population with around 40+ people on the weekends instead of the dead server.

antaresroleplay.com/

Sage because like how mentioned SS13 is a much better RP platform for Holla Forumsirgins.

I'm not Narks actually. You can check the website to see that I am a different person who has taken ownership of the server. I intend this to be a fresh start, which is the reason I am trying to recruit people outside the starbound community, since they would hopefully have no connection to the hopelessly entangled web of drama that connects most old RPers.

Hi Squamous. Old friend here. Kindly tell the anons of Holla Forums why would anyone try out a dying server that belonged to a known troll who intentionally fucked another server's colonies for good because Orion's Edge was not popular in comparison, especially when everyone here is already used to SS13 that is a far more robust RP platform than Starbound ever will be?

Hell I don't even like Antares but I would sooner try it out there than set foot in the server where Narks and Wreth are still in.

Well first off, it does not belong to that person anymore, it belongs to me, and I intend to lead it as best as I can. I'll admit that I'm new to this whole leadership thing, but I intend to give it the best shot I've got. As for what may entice people to join this server over another, my reason is actually /because/ its dying. Since the server is effectively empty, it is completely free of the chain of drama and inter-server rivalry that connects most others. Its a chance to just RP without having to deal with a community that is so spiteful they go out of their way to ruin the fun of a rival server. I just don't think I can put up with that sort of thing anymore, and would like to create something that's better than that. Call me idealistic but I believe its the right thing to do.

What the fuck did I walk into?

Yup this is pretty awkward for me too. I wasn't expecting to get into SB drama here of all places. I'm sure all you anons are enjoying the show though.

You just described Orion's inception. It splintered off from Antares and formed a rivalry that split an already small community in half and was so spiteful it ruined the fun of a rival server. In fact, it ruined Fenic's colony, who at the time was doing chemotherapy for cancer. He didn't do anything against anyone and just wanted to have fun, but apparently anyone who rped in Antares was against Orion in the first place and is fair game.

So why split? Why start a new server AGAIN? Why try to fragment the people interested in Starbound roleplay all over again and cause strife?

Also

Do you even know where you are? You think Holla Forumsirgins are noble people that aren't willing to grief other servers for lulz? You are inviting precisely the people who are inexperienced in Starbound RP but are massive trolls into a community that can barely withstand itself.

My suggestion is to just abandon OE. If it is true that Narks is gone and Kazyyk left that means 70% of all the shitstorm that was inter-server rivalry is gone. Stop fragmenting it even more.

Well there's obviously no point arguing with people who are so vehemently entrenched in their opinions, so I'm gonna take a nap and check back later to answer the questions of any anons who feel like asking them.

Oh this popped up while I was typing my previous response. I'll think on what you said as you made a lot of good points, but at the same time I can't just back down from my responsibilities, even if they are very recent. It wouldn't feel right to me. I'll sleep on it.

y'all are literally gat holy shit

What the fuck do you even roleplay? What the fuck is going on here? How is there a fucking "starbound RP community"? Hello? Jesus fucking Christ, take a good hard look at your life and then kill yourselves.

ban the erpers and the murderboners then maybe the server wont be shit

but we all know erpers and murderboners are all the community you have

Language aside, I appreciate the fact you managed to formulate actual questions. For the first one, its generally whatever role you feel like being in, so long as it fits the theme of a scifi server and you are one of the canon races. As for why there is a community in the first place, I honestly have no idea how it happened but here we are.

ERP is not allowed actually. The server logs everything so we'd have to see all that shit if there was. Nooooo thank you. As for murderbonery there's nothing you can do for that besides handle it on a case by case basis.

great combat lots of freedom and you can play an anime char if you want to (OC is prefered but u can play from other universes too. :))

i got a role you shitcunts can play it's going out and getting a job and being a productive member of society instead of spending 8+ hours a day roleplaying a sentient plant bitch

I already have a job thank you.

yea being autistic is a full time gig i feel for your handlers

shit son

So hold on, one server was so bad it gave someone cancer?

You sound just like Kaz. He felt like he had a duty to a server he didn't even play in and wouldn't step down even though half his decisions were absolute shit. But hey, is right. You are literally re-creating Orion's old population of shitheads and griefers but populating them with channers instead, meaning you are basically combining the worst of Antares and Orion's into your own dead server. Fucking shit go to plebbit or something instead of advertising here. Hell why are you here instead of halfchan in the first place.

The difference is I actually play on my server a lot.
I tried 4chan but no one replied. I think the posts move by so fast mine never got any attention, so it was a waste of effort. I have no idea how to navigate reddit but I'll probably bring myself to post something there once I stop procrastinating.

Still the wrong place to advertise it. Hell try it on halfchan and you would probably incite a fucking raid. Also

Holy shit I thought he was gone for good. Biggest godmodder and metagamer ever. Now I'm REALLY not touching OE.

If there is an issue with that person and yourself, submit a report with screenshots of the event and I will deal with it. I mean, assuming you get on the server of course.

Hes staff

Hes staff
Oh shit this is only getting better and better. Squamous what the fuck is wrong with OE like seriously.

Being staff does not exempt someone from being reported. If there is an issue I will deal with it. They haven't logged on in ages, anyway.

Are you lost old man?

For your own sanity man, stop bumping this thread, kill off OE servers and move on. This is not doing you any favors at this point.

I accidentally typed the wrong board oop. My bad.

I'm aware this is probably not healthy but considering this was the server where I grew to be a not-shitty person and roleplayer, I feel like I should at least give one last try at keeping it alive. If it fails now I can at least be happy that I did my best.

Seriously. Wrong place. Go to Reddit, not fucking here you faggot. Also put sage in the e-mail field to keep the thread from bumping.

Well I apologize if I sound like that. I know I can't prove it to you, but I do mean what I say, and I don't think I'm going to go mad with power or anything. I'm actually pretty terrified of the massive weight of responsibility (if the server takes off anyway) hanging over my head. But yeah this will be my last post here, I'll go on reddit. But thank you all for the advice.

Let it rest pal.
You had your fun there, now it's over.
It's time to look for something else.