FFXII TOTAL REBUILD: Final Fantasy 12 - The Zodiac Age CONFIRMED

FFXII TOTAL REBUILD: Final Fantasy 12 - The Zodiac Age CONFIRMED

*for the Bloodborne machine, inb4 salty niggas.

Fucking finally though. Even 8 has a pc and digital download version on PSN, this was the only one with no western rerelease in any format ever. Took goddamn long enough.

Other urls found in this thread:

finalfantasyxii.com/us/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did they bring Matsuno back to fix the game?

Sadly Vaan is still in it so expect the worst hope for the best.

Will they remake it so that Vaan isn't the main character, like they originally intended?

I doubt it, but a chance to replay it, possibly with a bunch of new systems and with HD viera is just tippy toppers m80

I guarantee it'll be on PC at some point, squeenix have pushed really hard on to PC these past few years. "Timed" exclusives are the big marketing play of this gen.

I'm actually more surprised they're not doing a PS3 release, both FFX and FFXII were PS2 games and the HD remaster of X has a PS3 release and the PS4 is not nearly as popular in Japan as it is in the west, and even here despite being the best selling home console this gen it's still selling at a lower rate the PS3 was.

This is about the only thing that would actually make me consider replaying XII.

Gotta switch to current gen sometime, we had it with the ps3 as well. Back when it wasnt "its le bloodborne machine, not sour, swer on me mamme" it was "lol NO GAEMS" because the PS2 had an established, highly entertaining library by that point. But there still came a time around 2008 where devs gave up the ghost and moved onto the PS3. 3 years into its lifespan and the sames happening with the PS4 with a lot of ips like Final Fantasy, Atelier, basically all the ips Playstation users buy if they dont fall into that 'muh uncharted, muh fifa, muh killzone' meathead contingent.

At this point i still kind of doubt we will see P5 on PS3 in the end.

10 HD, then 12 HD? Why did they skip 11?

:^)

YOU FOOL!

Silly moogle, XIV is 11 HD obviously ;-)

;_;

Amazing how so many people went from hating to loving 12 over time
I guess the layer games make it look better in comparison.

By the way, 12 emulates fucking fantastically. I couldn't believe how good it was, compared to most PS2 games that emulate like garbage.

What I really want is a V remaster that's not the fuck ugly iOS port. Or just the GBA translation in SNES resolution.

Same for VI honestly, they really fucked those up hard.

VI is the best FF game

silly chocobo, Granblue Fantasy is FFV remaster obviously >;-)

The decade of Lightning puts a lot of things in perspective.

Really think about it. This IP went from one of the most popular in the world, the jaw dropping must see cg every E3 to A DECADE OF FUCKING LIGHTNING.

never before has "cant it be like the good times again" be more sincere and less nostalgia based than this.

silly looney, VI sucks Kefka's dick :-D

I really liked Dissidia but didn't care as much for the not-sequel.

Apparently there is a new Dissidia arcade game in Japan that might eventually get a PS4 version.

Dissidia Arcade is a thing and it's a 3v3 game which IIRC Squeenix wants it to be e-sports or something. Don't know if they added any of the villains yet but Ramza's there.

PS4.5 is being announced at E3 and most games are being ported to PC very few are left and most are marketing schemes so people buy more consoles since all third parties are going multiplatform and theres an obious niche community on PC.
Theres literally no point in owning consoles nowadays.

All the more reason to shift console version to one hardware that has a future still, i love the PS3 but its been on the way out for quite a while, i think MGSV was the last big release it got and P5 looks like the last now everything like Atelier is PS4/vita only now.

This new "w-we were never sour" meme form mustards doesnt really have much groundswell, folks dont forget that much sodium that easily friend.

The ps2 emulator was created based on ff12

No, theres nothing to consoles left but exclusives and even that is on its death row.
They're not one model with one hardware, games arent optimized, its not plug in play, theres a big online focus with buggy unfinished games being updated after launch and support is being killed earlier and earlier on with bigger releases completely overshadowing more niche ones.

Theres nothing there but timed exclusives bought by a company that has no reason to have exclusives when its platform is destroying the competition.

I remember the salt for one generation on Sony only fans due to the "No gaems" meme and about 2 years on mustarda due to GTAV.

Really?

I always just assumed that 12 was basically using the same engine as 11 and therefore was happy to run at whatever nice PC resolution you wanted.

ok
have fun, reddit

No Yasumi Matsuno, no buy.

Garland's out and he's aesthetically bitchin

The only thing they basically would need to change is who walks around in towns.

Okay, let's figure out which character would be best to replace Vaan as the guy-in-town-walking-around-shopping-and-talking-to-peeps guy.

You know vaan was a late development change and balthiers the real MC right?

I love the idea of having an actual inevitable PC port of FF12 and the rerecorded soundtrack, but I hated the IZJS license board in comparison with the original's. It locked you into your choices for the entire game FF1-style but the game was balanced around grabbing new abilities as they were needed, not being stuck with one class or another.

Basch, you mean. It was supposed to be a redemption-style story for Basch for failing to save the king.

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

No i mean Balthier, Matsuda said SE wanted the fujoshi audience and a middle aged hero 'didnt cut it'

From his interview in EDGE magazine: "Balthier was sidelined to make way for Vaan, a composite creation made of teen girl dreams and marketing man visions,vanilla to the bone." (Vol. 209, p. 110)"

Actually they did announce a XI remake/remaster, but it's smartphones only.

by Nexxon.

That sounds like a good plot for a FF game. Then they had to mess with it.

Huh, my mistake then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Really really.

I know this gets repeated a lot, but it is sadly not the case. Vaan was put in the game early on. Original outlines for the game and character designs did indeed not have Vaan yet though.

take your meds

What are they doing with the soundtrack? I've grown to really like Sakimoto's samples, even if they do not sound like the real deal.

Who Franclub here?

I hate brown

but Fran is the exception

Sounds like a rerecording… go to the English site, you can hear what Boss Battle sounds like. I'm not a fan on this track, since it kind of drowns out the backing instruments, but hopefully the other tracks will be better.

finalfantasyxii.com/us/

Yeah I did notice a difference in the teaser. Either works for me. Those trumpets sound a little more like the real deal, but I'm also blinded by nostalgia when it comes to the way a lot of Sakimoto's work sounds.

I think XII's soundtrack was one of the more forgettable ones.

i want to mindbreak vaan and make him my sex slave.

Same, man. I've been listening to the FF12 OST for ten goddamn years. It was my background music for CounterStike and now every online game I play.

Same here. I'm only interested if it includes the other IZJS changes/additions but allows for original style license boards. That was a game that took one step the right way and one step the wrong way, but the wrong step would be pretty easy to change.

…Though come to think of it, if there were a PC version, and it kept the IZJS license board/job system, would that be a thing that mods could fix?

It also helped that it's now common knowledge that XII is connected to the Tactic series and is basically a spiritual successor to Vagrant Story.

If I recall wasn't it whoever was team leader was who roamed the towns or was that just for the outer areas?

Do you even know what spiritual successor means?
They have completely different gameplay, mood and approach to everything.
Being in the same universe doesn't make shit spiritual successors.
Holy fuck mate.

Wish they would let us choose between the open or class based license board.

It was originally going to have a very similar aesthetic before the management stepped in. I have some very early concept art somewhere which shows a far more medieval aesthetic, with some steam tech but none of the sci-fi technology like the silver-swirly airships and other modernist design motifs.

Matsuno is writing the plot for Unsung Story, one of the biggest scams of this decade. And he's never returning to SE.

I feel it, I feel the hype.

Vaan's abs still look terrible though.

This pleases me. You can even choose the jap voices if you're a pathetic weeaboo with no taste.

Bro pls, you are playing jrpgs. That means you are a pathetic weaboo with no taste.

Accepting your true nature is the first part of the healing process.

I might be wrong, but I'm almost certain playing FFXII on Pscx2 with good settings, it looks better and sharper than what I saw in this trailer.

If I'm wrong, correct me.

Yay.

MOTHER FUCKING YESSSS

I hope this doesn't turn into some Monkey Paw BS

Remove Vaan

possible, but bare in mind this isn't just an emulation of 12 but the international edition that was JP only. I would imagine an emulation of that has some english patch by now but a decade on seeing a NEVER EVER turn out to actually happen is something to be pleased about when its not -i hope- some "WE GAVE THE MOOGLES NONE BINARY PRONOUNS SHITLORDS" like Type 0 turned out to be.

You even have a texture pack for FF12 on PSCX2. That shit looks beautiful.

No need to lie.

i dont like where this is goin scoob'

Lying you mean?

Which is what I played with an English language hack on pcsx2. It's hardly JP only, it's the recommended version for people emulating.

True but it had no retail release and if you arent part of the pure yarhar contingent and you hope a few scrapes of vidya still come to the west the fact it finally is is a good thing in and of itself.

better than fucking FF13 trilogy HD or some faggy shit they could have done. thankfully we arent in such a shit timeline yet.

An FFXIII HD Compilation on PS4? It'll probably be announced before the last episode of the VII remake is done. Lightning is like cocaine to those freaks, no doubt she'll have a cameo somewhere in the VII remake too.

user, dont. please.

My poor dead heart cant take the idea of it.

This is why we cant have nice things

You could always ignore the genre, like I do with mobas

MY HIPS ARE MOVING BY THEMSELVES!
So is this going to be only an english translation of ZJS or will there be any additions?

Aww why do people hate Vaan so much? Sure he's mostly extraneous to the story but he's nowhere near as annoying as Tightass from FFX.

when you start the game you can pick between classic board or job boards

Jesus go back to Overwatch.

International got a PAL release.

Did it never come out in North America?

the fuck? Why is THIS one exclusive and all the other ports are on pc? the fuck is this cancer, this is my most played FF and I want a fucking port

Or a European who can read subs.

It WILL get a PC port I am sure of it. You likely only have to wait a year at max.

The true final boss theme was decent

IZJS never left Japan

Sony always wins user, the prophet Chadsworth fortold this.

?

Looks like I'm waiting for this to come to the PC and hoping they finally get it right

Well unlike Vaan Tidus actually has a character arc.

Yeah just checked it. Could have sworn I played it. My mind is going funny thanks to the heat, my bad.

Yeah sorry got confused with FF10.

Shame on you Op

We stayed too long.

Get over it.

Overrated half a game that has a shit story.
Now with self gimping.

Question, did anyone ever mod an ass onto Lightening with FFXIIIs PC release?

It looks like shit and nowhere near as fun as Dissidia originally was.

Whoever said "never ever" were idiots or trolls while anyone who listened to them should've been stillborn.

Anyone buying that deserves the Lightening dick.

Lightning has a dick?

Yes.

FUCKING
FINALLY

Yeah no, kill yourself.

Here we see an infamous expression often used by bandwagon plebians that have never played FFX or X-2, indicating their confusion at the fact that Tidus is a legitimately good character.

Nigger I've played FFX and I loved it the first time through. I grew less fond of it on subsequent playthroughs and as time as gone on.

Yes he is. He's also legitimately more annoying than Vaan.

Vaan also drags Penelo into the story and she is infinitely superior to all of the females in FFX. Combined.
Fran is, of course, even better.

AKA "Pay us for what an emulator did 5 years ago for free"

:')

Modern Square has been fucking up everything it can. The Lightning trilogy, FF15, the episodic FF7 remake, now this. Like most devs, they have no fucking clue what players actually want anymore. They assume when their new games suck, players probably just want to play their old games again, except they don't realize that no one wants to pay for something twice.

Don't forget about FF14.

VAYNE?

Bayne.

They almost fucking had it.
They were so close to taking WoW's throne and reviving the MMORPG genre.
It was so generic yet so fresh, a perfect blend of new and old. It was the perfect way to wean mmorpg players new and old from whatever they were used to and into the next step of the genre and start something new.
All they needed to do was keep going bigger.

Thanks PS3 limitations. Fuck whoever suggested that bullshit.

Open world exploration never ever; raid grinders shall forever be the unloved king.

Fuck this shit

The one thing I hated about FF12 is that Ivalice has bangaas, moogles, seeq, viera, and (in later games) nu mou.

Yet you can only play as a party of 5 humans and a viera (who is literally a human with bunny ears)

snippets from the original design document suggest 12 intended playable characters
the viera and bangaa who join you for some guild hunts are remnants of this plan
Larsa was also supposed to join you permanently

Oh geez

You have big hair