Lets have one of these threads. Made a template with all gens instead of the gay one that starts at Gen 3

Lets have one of these threads. Made a template with all gens instead of the gay one that starts at Gen 3.

Template.

Shit dog, the Vextrex is 2nd gen? I always assumed it was later up there because it just felt more impressive than it should have been for the era.

Yeah. Was really hard for me to pick between it and the Colecovision.

I've played a vectrex a few times, the games are really good, and very smooth to play. There's a lot of good atari games, however, playinf the vectrex its a world of difference.

I was blown away by the voice modulation in particular, that shit was way ahead of its time. The graphics were pretty tight too.

The Wii had all the cool 3rd party games.
Genesis > SNES
PS1 is pretty great too.

No shit, it's a much newer system, coming out 5 years after Atari. Should be gen 2.5. Also, Atari can display more colors than NES and built sturdier. They're on par IMO.

Saturn is absolutely garbage at doing 3D graphics despite the powerful as fuck CPU. Jag was so much cheaper and could run pretty looking 2D games at the same smooth framerate.

PS1 is still the best gen 5 console, it had the best performance for 3D games among the others.

Genesis had a really cool synthesizer sound chip. SNES' generic MIDI sound chip was utter shit.

You either don't know about the crazy awesome import library or just don't like arcade games. Saturn had god tier 2D games. PS1 has a GOAT import library too by the way.

And? It was a shit console, hardware wise.

Weebfags leave.

SNES didn't had a MIDI chip you fucking mong, it played sound samples. Just so it happens that most of the time they used really shitty samples for the music.

you got that wrong

It sure is summer in here.

By the way, I'll just be over here with my Donpachi.

KYS

Whatever.

Synth>>>>>Mellotron

Price to performance ratio should be a consideration too.

I'm talking about playing them today. I'm talking about games to play,

Saturn doesn't have London GTA, GTA 2, Driver 1 and 2, MoH, Descent 2, Final Doom, and GT2. Destruction Derby, my favorite console racer, also runs like shit on Saturn.

Gen 6 should be all 4 consoles since every console had their own great lineup that had a lot of games that were exclusive or only shared with PC/Arcade. Gen 7 should be PS3 since X360 had a good lineup, but only a few good exclusives, while the Wii is just a GameCube replacement with a few more good games.

gen1: too youngfag
gen2: same
gen3: nes
gen4: pce
gen5: ps1 (hard decision)
gen6: ps2 (great gen overall)
gen7: ps3

PC Engine is GOAT

Are you telling me that PC is not the greatest "console" of all time?

But Atari-NES era PC's had shit framerate. They were great for CRPG's and non scrolling games.

PC - 88 was cool

You know what, I apologize for this. It wasn't up to my normal shitposting standard.

I have corrected the oversight.

cum on son

1st Gen: None
2nd Gen: None
3rd Gen: NES with the Master System+FM synthesis as a close second
4th Gen: Neo Geo
5th Gen: Japanese Sega Saturn and PS1 as a close second
6th Gen: All four systems were great
7th Gen: PS3
8th Gen: PS Vita TV

Thanks oni-fam, I forgot about the silky smooth cinematic 24fps.

PC only bested consoles during the fifth generation.

Good times.

It just had different audience back then. Console games were always shallow.

This

It already had a shitload of corridor shooters, RTS, RPG, simulators, and a bunch of decent console ports. Most diverse library as always.

For you

God's work, son.

I was being objective. If the PS2 didn't have SO MANY FUCKING GAMES I would have put the Dreamcast.

R8

PS1 didnt have Dragon Force, Bulk Slash, Panzer Dragoon, Shining Force 3, Virtua Fighter 2, Last Bronx, Astal, and Sega Rally. And most 2D Capcom and SNK games ran like ass on PS1.

Checkmate atheist

Also

I'm not a weeb.

Final Doom looked and ran great on PS1, and I could play it with controller instead of keyboard. It's a totally worthy port fam.

SAGE ALL CONSOLEWAR THREADS

Shut up and post a chart faggot

And on the subject of FPSes oh look it's that other Id software game that didn't come out on PS1

Looks like shit, plays like shit.

But it's got some great non weeb games too like the ones I've mentioned above.

You know it's funny you bring up Id games on fifth gen consoles playing like shit

Oh yeah what a great port

So did Saturn

I also fail to see how weeb games is supposed to be a negative, but you sound like a faggot so it's probably your problem

Doom 64 was great tho

Oh yeah, another FPS that was better on Saturn.

Yes, because it was built from the ground up for the N64, as was Quake on Saturn.

It also had the worst, by far. No console had grown such a stigma from an overwhelming amount of shovelware since the Atari 2600.

Mah, it was gay.

And have you seen Doom on Saturn? It ran like absolute shit.

It was a shit port on both console.

Oh wow, one less shitty Driver sequel that had an abysmal framerate on PS1.
I'll give you that one.

I understand you have a busy schedule to not watch the video I embeded, so I'll let you cry sour grapes.

And have you seen Final Doom and Descent 2 on PS1? They ran like shit.

Thanks Carmack.