Yahtzee YES!

escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/116880-Doom-2016-Review

Damn, guess I gotta go look for some other uncucked reviewers now.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=whodefeatz&src=typd
youtu.be/ElLlu1EFieom
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is the same guy that did an article on Earthbound being about Ness sexuality while shitting on Metal Gear?.

webm or fuck off

I think the saddest thing about yahtzee is I see Holla Forums parroting quotes from him like they're their own opinions. And that Yahtzee says some really retarded shit sometimes.

pick one. nu doom is fucking garbage and I wonder how much he was paid to praise it

It's like you're a bunch of nostalgic morrowbabies who hate fun and want to play with spreadsheets all day.

Yes

What fucking dimension am I in?

I thought Yes meant he was cucked.

Meaning BESIDES Yahtzee, since he's now cuck-tier.

Nu Doom is just a soulless cashgrab with slow ass movement, weak weapons, cinematic kills, shit soundtrack, shit level design, shit enemy design, and designed for consoles

Pretty spot on tbh fam. I was disappointed when one night I bought DOOM after drinking. Then I played it. I was pleasantly surprised. Idgaf about the multiplayer, but the people who don't like this game haven't played it.

I miss the times when games were designed for the most powerful platform and then ported to consoles, now it's the other way around.

If the tech were a little more advanced at the time, some verticality and mouselook could have improved level design enormously, especially for Doom 2.

At least Quake came along and fixed that, even if most of the weapons were shit.

I'm not sure he was paid but he does wander through sjw circles even though he isn't one. It ought to start affecting one's mind in the long run

I thought it was the Berenstein Bears user

Gotttaaa love that Holla Forums

Oh make up your fucking mind Holla Forums.

He literally invented "pc master race" you've adopted (in spite of reddit completely embracing the meme and making a dedicated subreddit, i have no idea why spouting that shit here isn't an insta-ban and a quick sign that you're a redditor).

Then he likes something you don't and so he's a cuck.
Then he'll do another review where he likes something you do and he's gonna be based again.

Bunch of flip flopping retards, i swear to god.

I thought he would've sold out sooner. Thanks for solidifying my view on ecelebs being cancer.

daily reminder that reviewers are always shit

Ayy Lmao

ok

Holla Forums has never adopted shit, especially something as stupid as "pc master race".
ALSO

No, you are the retard Gordan.

More retarded than an SJW.

Reminder that they consider Wolfenstein The New Order anything byt mediocre.

They are all shit

Most people are fucking retards and will follow the majority due to pack mentality given a good enough rethoric.

?

He's literally been the biggest casual from the start, what are you talking about?

Can anyone post the super long reviews some user posted a while back about nuDoom?

This is always the go to fucking excuse whenever people bring up the utter hypocrisy of you faggots.

No, pick a better excuse or piss off. Good for you, it doesn't apply to you but it sure as fuck does to 90% of everyone else.

you deserve it

Yahtzee is top-tier 2% of the time, good-tier 18% of the time, meh-tier 50% of the time, and an insufferable faggot 30% of the time. This is probably because his opinions occasionally line up with most people on here, but he also says some of the dumbest shit sometimes and is completely full of himself.

Also he gets all butthurt about he PC master race thing. He thinks because he did it ironically that for some reason would stop people from embracing it seriously. Despite the fact it's the perfect thing to troll idiots who will mindlessly defend thier favorite corporation with.

What about Classic Game Room?

Is that what the voices in your head are telling you?

Holla Forums is so fucking boring now.

Nu Doom is alright. Not a great FPS though. It's sort of in the generic FPS territory. The enemy spawning is shit though. The enemy limit is also shit and it plays like Quake, not Doom. If people could at least compare it properly it would be better.

And I don't even watch Yahtzee. I used to watch him play games with his friend but I got bored of it.

Even when Mark is a faggot, he still isn't.

It's DEFINITELY because Holla Forums considers him "based" when he agrees with them, and a "cuck" when he doesn't, same as every other fucking idiot on the internet according to Holla Forums, switching sides so fast it's like i'm browsing 1984: the board.
So he's ltierally just like most of Holla Forums.
Well yeah, it was meant to be a joke.
And when Holla Forums used it initially, it was a fucking joke.
Then neo-Holla Forums came along and like the bunch of complete utter tryhard retards started taking the joke seriously, like they take fucking anything else seriously and have no sense of humor left.

Can someone actually tell me why nuDoom is bad

all I see are people saying its shit, but without an actual explanation

You are the least shit person on this thread.

ITT: pretend oldfags argue with other pretend oldfags about who truly ruined Holla Forums. Again.

see>>9581258
Objective, irrefutable proof that Nu Doom is garbage

:^)

If it's a shit opinion and so retarded as you say it is then obviously someone with your mental fortitude should be able to easily debate against the opinion itself instead of shouting "hurr durr you only think that because [person] said it first."

Clearly you're the type to be heavily opinionated while having nothing back up your bullshit so you attack the person instead. Dipshit.

It was never like that.

Those images don't even say new Doom is a bad game.

Besides, why are you guys parading around one person's opinion as the gospel truth? What happened to forming your own opinion instead of just listening to someone else and taking everything they say at face value?

It's probably because at one point he lurked Holla Forums or maybe still does. I wouldn't have a problem with him if he wasn't so adamant about some of the retarded shit he says.

Except it's more like I'll see a quote verbatim which basically gives away the person got the entire opinion from Yahtzee. Off the top of my head "The terrain of oblivion was one plot of land copy pasted 1000x", which even if oblivion sucked dick, is bullshit.

I don't like Oblivion and Skyrim that much compared to Morrowind but that's just dumb.

Doom being a big example

Kill yourself OP. Not everyone is gonna share your opinions 100% of the time, grow up.

i love how you faggots go for the same routine whenever someone calls you out for shit you complain about others doing, stereotyping.

That's totally the case, though. Oblivion is like 90% samey-old forest land, with maybe 10% variety, with the realm of Oblivion itself being one of the biggest offenders in that department.

I stopped watching him when he admitted to liking tumblrtale.

Because it does the best job of summarizing a lot of what's wrong with the game and why it's a shit reboot/sequel/whatever the fuck the game is trying to be, it vaguely hints at the older games but never directly implies itself to be a sequel

My biggest problem with it is how all the levels boil down to linear paths ending in enemy arenas with the only increase in difficulty being less time between arenas as the game goes on. That, and the fact that enemies explode into pinatas of health and ammo, which seems like the devs way of "fixing" the player's lack of speed and power

The new cover is also shit too

Whatever you say, Yahtzee.

Continue hurting yourself today until you stop breathing, why don't you.

Could you imagine

On consoles around the time they came out?

That's bullshit though. As much as saying the environments are bland and shit, they are not even close to being copy-paste. I actually tried replaying oblivion recently It's the best TES game for stealth even if the loot sucks dick at least there are large thief-like areas and it's because the pallet never changes. The forest gets thicker or thinner, there are grasslands, mountains, etc all sorts of shit, but there is small variety in the colors. Even if the colors change from green to yellow, it's always a similar saturation so it looks the same.

Stay triggered faggot. You sound like a sjw who can't handle differing views and opinions.

He always lied somewhere between 4chan and reddit in tastes of games. Just look at the sort of games that he is willing to bother to review. Usually big name triple A games and flavor of the month indies. Sure he is more critical of these games than your generic pleb, but he will never dare touch something like Dwarf Fortress, SS13, or any strategy game, much less talk or write about them.

I don't see how this makes him a cuck, though.

I've got a question, out of curiosity?

How many of you actually played nuDOOM, and how many of you are just saying what you think it'll be?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you out or anything. It's denuvo and it's probably not even worth the time spent downloading but I'm just curious, how many of you anons have actually bought this game, played it, most likely refunded it and talked about it based on those experiences instead of just parroting someone else or stating your impressions from videos?

It's something I want to know for other threads

Thief Deadly Shadows
Deus Ex Invisible War
Doom being ported on every conceivable platform ever
Crysis 2

I'm usually a fan of Yahtzee mostly because even if he's shitting on a game I enjoy he does it in an entertaining way that isn't far from the truth anyway
The only time things felt off was how much he choked on bioshock infinite's shitty downgraded cock yet tore bioshock 2 a new one while treating it like a red headed step-child that couldn't do anything right

DewM can be rented, if you live in the right place.

You actually got me with this one. I thought the earliest port came years after it came out, but I guess sega's 32x got them really early.

I listed those three games because they're the first of the series to be on a console and they also happen to be very simplified and much more negatively received than their predecessors. They're basically what these games would have been like on consoles.

Do you know about the amount of shit cut out for Thief Deadly Shadows to work on a console? Supposedly it would have had a shitton of TECHNOLOGY like enemies reacting to your shadows.

My mistake. I completely misunderstood that you where giving examples of those games on consoles to show they wouldn't work rather than examples to disprove what I was saying. I guess Invisible War should have given it away

I stopped watching him after The Witcher 2 video, in where he got stuck on the first boss and refused to git gud, because he's cuck.

I actually did – did a full playthrough on UV in fact, and I thought it was okay. As a Doom game it's a slight against the Gods known as the Two Johns, though as its own thing it's fine, just over hyped and at times boring.

The big issue with the game – when it's taken on its own merits, is the fact that enemy encounters are very repetitive, due to both the limitations and the general design of the levels. That tend to boil down to arenas, that can be fun to circumnavigate – yet are monotonous, since the limited number of enemies on screen make the game predictable. I could write all day on this issue, though I won't – as I'll end it here.

I stopped taking him seriously after Monster Hunter 3 Tri.
I haven't stopped watching him though. He's good background noise.

That was a really bad one. Also his demon souls review.

It's more likely that "high profile e-celebs" scour the web and look for opinions they can latch onto or resonate with in order to produce more content. Why have an original thought when you can pander to an audience and make an assload of shekels in the process?

the only thing good about yahtzee is his games and some of the lets drown outs, and those are carried by the other guy.

Yes.

I think he's too full of himself for that to be the case.

I use to really like his lets plays of 80-90s point and click adventure games because they would just sit there and riff it the entire time and point out how fucking crazy everything was. His lets drown outs are basically why I stopped watching him completely. His head is just too far up his ass.

Played for 2 hours before refunding.
Glory kills, awful level design, unsatisfying weapons and the progression system completely ruin the pace and the game itself.
Plus the mostly empty hallways and Painkiller locked arenas with 12 enemies.

The fact that you are dependent on Glory Kills and you are pretty much punished for not doing them just kills it.

Yeah I agree, I really enjoyed his Manhunter videos and the ones before mainly because these ones felt like just something they do in some of their free time instead of something they feel like they're obligated to do every month or week.

Don't forget dreamweb. Where they where trying to figure out whether or not the game was being straight or if the main character was fucking insane.

no
yes
because of the graphics and m-muh streamlined modernised shooter

the thing I don't get is that both of these supposed Doom reviews are laden with tons of factually incorrect statements, like the first one where he says you start with the shotgun. they're also covered up in subjective stuff like "I don't like the music".

ok, fair enough – plenty of others do though, like me. I think it's mick's best work yet, and if you actually give it a chance, you'll hear that it references bobby prince's classic soundtrack constantly.

as much and as quickly as people want to yell SHILL about this game it really makes me wonder if there's not some group that's anti-shilling this game

I played through on UV. I went in with extremely low expectations and came out pleasantly surprised, which is more than I can say for any other AAA shooter I've played in the past 6 years. The game has issues and design flaws, I will not deny this. But it is no DmC. It is not a complete betrayal of the series like a lot of people on this board try to make it out to be. Regardless, I went in comparing it more to it's modern contemporaries than I did old Doom because I knew there was no conceivable way for it to stack up to such a classic.

Deus Ex actually got a PS2 port. And it was completely crippled compared to the PC version. The way it should be.

When? The only references I could hear were the first 7 seconds of E1M1 and the first 8 seconds of E1M2, which isn't exactly faithful, compare that to games like DKCR or Tropical Freeze that remaster older songs directly or at the very least include more than a few seconds before going back to electronic shit. I liked KI's music, especially with what he did for Spinal's theme and the menu notes, but D44M's was disappointing

Has there actually been a single reviewer telling the truth about this game? Usually there are at least one or two less well-known people write an honest review about any given piece of AAA trash.

why is it so hard to imagine that the truth is that it's actually good?

Because it's shit and you don't need to play it to know that

If that were the case sequels wouldn't exist because fucking nobody would buy them.

There's quite a few in there, I wish I could name them off the top of my head but I'd need to go back and listen to them again and I'm not in the mood to do so.

Regardless, I agree with people on the music. I don't think it really fits in with the game that much and I find the scratchy/grungy experimental stuff to more often than not be a little grating than it is blood-pumping or a driving force for combat. It's a real shame too because Mick Gordon's work in KI was phenomenal and I was expecting stuff like Cinder's theme in the new Doom.

There are a few small bits I like in the soundtrack but overall I can't say I'm a fan of it, which is a shame.

You sound like the lowest common denominator of Holla Forums, parroting the same shit without actually having a single brain cell to operate independently of this hive

Keep on sucking that bethesda cock

just watched my first video of this guy
dunno why i did it
oh and i dont give a fuck about any of this
dont even know why i decided to tell you about it
OP is gay

Did he hate MGS due to quiet?

If he didn't say he liked it, you'd hardly know.

Now let me disqualify my statement by saying i like Yahtzee and i don't like Doom.

What makes Nu Doom any different from the trash Bethesda spews out? You don't need to play a game to know if it's good or not. That's a shill tactic designed to try and silence people pointing out how bad their game is

Have you tried Tumblr OP? You can make your own hugbox there, you'll never have to hear of someone liking you don't ever again.

Got it for free on the PC and loved the fucked out of it, though I'm also that weirdo that enjoyed Doom 3 as well, I like all the Doom games if I'm being honest here.

Grabbed the console version to play with normalfag friends and love it there as well, took me awhile to get used to a controller though, its funny how console shooters are so slow and one comes along that's much faster and it just throws me off completely.

what? you're the one trying to silence people. "it's made by bethesda so it's shit" is a feminism-tier argument. skyrim and fallout 4 are flawed games but they have good qualities too. simply screaming IT'S SHIIIT from the rooftops accomplishes nothing but wasting your time and annoying people who are actually capable of enjoying things in life which aren't perfect (e.g. people without autism)

He's right though. That's supposed to be why reviews exist, so you can look at the game being played an get idea of whether the game is good or not before you play it. It's even easier now with let's plays etc., where you can see more or less unedited gameplay.

Why do you think companies like Ubisoft make their pre-release footage so much better-looking than the final game? Because they know that most people have already stopped listening to what they say about the game and instead make a decision largely based just on what they see, although they've pulled the same downgrading trick so many times now that even normalfags are giving up on putting stock into any pre-release whatsoever. The only thing keeping these companies afloat is that there are usually enough people sufficiently stupid to buy the game at launch anyway.

Is that a stock line you're supposed to pull out at this point or did you come up with that yourself?

Looks like Bethesda has actually learned from their disastrous attempts at shilling Fallout 4 here on release.

I imagine i'd be quite hard for a nowadays critic not to enjoy nuDoom
They're stuck having to play the same AAA shit that every big company shits out, you might not like nuDoom, but you have to admit its better than the other hot garbage this industry shits out daily
I'm not saying I like it, I'm saying I get why someone would like it.

CGR is pretty much the best reviewer on all of youtube because they ACTUALLY PLAY VIDEO GAMES

Back to halfchan you filthy casual

You're sounding more and more like a shill.
More like the reason music, games, movies, and everything else are going to shit. You're so used to garbage that you've tricked yourself into thinking it's alright. It's not my fault I can see these games for the mountain of shit they really are. Maybe you should have some standards

Go back to your containmment thread

I don't think I've ever been more disappointing in /v for actually liking Yahtzee. Why? Is it cause he's some british atheist fedora wearing twat that pretends to dislike most games for the sake of comedy? The guy has no clue about the business side of gaming, he's a failed developer and he'll praise shit like Portal to the skies, when we all know that once you're done with Portal you never run that shit again.

This is the same fella that said New Super Mario Bros. Wii shouldn't exist, and then the game sold over 30 million copies. Anyone that likes this brit fag and his pretentious gimmick is a moron.

CGR looks at games superficially. You're better off with, say, ACG for actual reviews.

Why don't you make me you triggered little bitch.

You guys are so hilarious, you're not different than SJWs, as long as someone or something agrees with the hivemind's opinion its all good, the moment they step out of line you guys start screaming and shitting your diapers.

The funny thing is most of the complaints is because you poorfags can't pirate it, that's the funny part, we might be able to talk about nuDoom, maybe if only you pathetic children could steal it, but alas that won't be happening as the current crack doesn't work.

Keep acting like contrarian faggots and clinging to your old Doom games like some security blanket though, its fucking hilarious, its like having tumblr in our backyard, bunch of faggots virtue signaling each other that yes, I TO HATE THE NEW DOOM GAME.

Faggots.

Even Skyrim did stealth better, and even there it was incredibly botched, that's how bad it was in Oblivion.

Take that language back to your whore wife and rent-a-nigger child.

Alright, you've convinced me.

It is fine, you just want to hate stuff too much.

You people are pathetic. You want to hate a reboot so bad, even when it turns out to not be exactly as shit as the pre-release material would indicate, you still want it to be utter shit. Nobody think you're cool for trying to fit in on an anonymous imageboard. Try actually playing the game you want to have a hateboner circlejerk over. It might not be god's gift to gaming, but it's easily miles better than Doom 3.

wew laddie.

how new r u

As Doom is yet to be cracked the only possible options are you hate a game you haven't played or you payed for a game we all suspect will be shit and found it to be shit.

Either way you are a cancerous faggot.

Only a handful of people have played it. Genuinely most of the people here can't even articulate the reasons why they think it's a bad game, half of them link to some ebin screencaps where the bitching is about how it's not a direct sequel plotwise. Honestly the whole thing is pitiful, Holla Forums is just meme-parroting faggots at this point. There's no new game that this board likes, there's only endless whining about cucks and sjws.

Not hard to pick out the rectally ragnaroked Overwatch players in this thread

Well, what the fuck do you want? If people haven't played it, then you can tell by the lack of understanding in their comments that no worthwhile conversation will be had. Why not move on? Go to another website where there people who have supposedly played the game and talk to them about it. One thing you may not get from them? Blatant honesty.

Either leave and speak with other communities about it or wait for more people here to try the game before you conclude that people here can't give worthwhile criticism. I'm not defending the shitposters who can't come up with reasons why they don't like them game, but I'm also under no delusion that I'll find worthwhile information about it here, either. There's also the possibility that you can't handle any criticism of the game and that you desperately want people here to enjoy it along side you. That's a shitty attitude, and if that's the case then you're just as bad as the shitposters who can't articulate themselves. Note that I am not accusing you of anything, don't get your panties in a twist.

If you convince yourself that the 'Holla Forums hates videogames' meme is true, then you won't be capable of seeing anything else when you browse the board.

Take the Exanima thread that's currently up for example, in which a lot of people are genuinely interested and positive about the game, or all the generals in which people who all play the same game regularly have in-depth discussions about it.

Holla Forums just has higher standards than almost anywhere else at this stage, and so many more games don't meet those standards, and are received negatively as a result.

wait, are there people that legit don't think yahtzee is a flaming faggot? the guy is a talking definition of tryhard. you can even tell from some of his earlier reviews that, at best, he's a fucking casual. naturally, in reality, he's much worse than that.

Quads confirm

you sure got me

After throwing a tantrum on Twitter because people hated his stupid who defeats videos I think all ecelebs are shit and don't deserve a cent for wasting people's time.

You forgot to post the image that ironically does the same thing.

What the fuck are you even trying to say? Is your head filled with Holla Forums memes and strawmen?

Oh fuck. Yeah those vids were pretty bad.

If you weren't expecting this then you don't know his strengths and weaknesses as a reviewer. Remember that he thinks that Painkiller is the best fps ever made. He also hated Dark Souls until Gabe bitch-slapped some sense into him.

And reduced the enemy count to half a dozen at once at best

Most "critics" don't even play games and they fucking gloat about it.
Polygon writers write their "reviews" before finishing the game.

That's complete bullshit.

Anyways, stealth is garbage in all of them, the difference with oblivion is castles and the city sewers. Each castle was a pretty large area to explore and sneak around in, and the sewers where cool because it if you where wanted you could still snoop around the city.

You are practically invisible at 100 stealth even in broad daylight in Oblivion
What the fuck are you talking about?

you sure made an argument excusing the 12 monster limit

That would be like a situation where I am supposed to respect someone for saying dragon age 3 is good. The fact you think people saying a game is bad is now SJW shit is proof you are from reddit or just some asshurt fanboy. Here are my critiques from playing the game since one of my friends bought it for his console.

You could argue the game is better than doom 3, but it is still shit.

kill yourself oP

I find it incredible that this is so hard to grasp. For some retards, it is much more likely that Holla Forums is wrong and they are all faggot contrarians even if they've been playing video games all their lives, than some random faggot with an opinion.
That being said, I understand why people like nuDoom. I just believe it is a bad reboot, a game that plays much more like later shooters than like Doom.

There are numerous threads in style of

I just like to play devils advocate from time to time to disrupt circlejerks

Yeah, I remember

lmao nu doom cucks btfo

The deception and hypocrisy surrounding this game is more upsetting than the actual game. It's stuff like this that allows the AAA industry to continue ruining video games.

god damn it todd

CGR is God tier tbh fam

Maybe because "It's mechanically not that great, probably not gonna survive the test of time due to several shit design, but I had a lot of fun playing it" is a possible, legitimate opinion ?

hah

Jesus reddit please go

I wonder how people still defend this asshole after his little twitter temper tantrum.

twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=whodefeatz&src=typd

Seriously scroll down and see for yourself, he complains about adblock, people not liking his content and threatens to leave youtube.

He is no better than any other eceleb, complaining after getting fucking $10,000 to make uninformative reviews.

CGR used to be good when he actually reviewed games, now it's like he just doesn't care.

Clever.

Who did he threaten ? His own fanbase ?

He threatened to leave youtube for the 2nd or 3rd time and was hostile towards fans who criticized his commercials.

Yahtzee has made about as many good points over his "career" as bad points, which still puts him ahead of most other "reviewers". Maybe even more good points, which just makes his bad ones sound even more retarded.

Taking advice from reviewers in any case is retarded, though.

I'm pretty sure even DSP has better taste in games than him. Not by much, but by some amount nonetheless.

DELETE THIS!

The fact that you're allowed to keep talking after being a dick is pretty much the reason we're really not.

If you said shit about blacks and mexicans you'd still be allowed to talk. If you said you like tumblr, you'd STILL be allowed to talk.

The fact is people think you're stupid because you say stupid shit and here you can test your ideas and bounce em off of others without fear of reproach.

Unless of course, you break the board rules BADLY. But shitposting isn't against the rules unless it's off topic, like if you start a thread about trains without it being remotely about vidya.

The fact that people here share similar interests and goals is because we converse with eachother and a lot of us agree with eachother on the same issues because those ideas were tested. But we won't ban you for having shitty opinions.

In fact, keep testing your shitty opinions and you'll convince people if they're sound. If you're correct and you present it without being a sperg, then people will agree with you, but if you dismiss everyone for not having your opinion, like an SJW does, people will dismiss YOU. Because you're acting like an SJW who had a hissyfit.

What was the average playtime again? Thirty minutes?

less

Sounds about right, possibly less.

You guys disappoint me.

Didn't yahtzee lack the ability to understand how to play monster hunter tri? Which is probably the easiest entry in the entire series?

If this was Mick's "Best Work" then God help us and this industry.

What is it with you fags and liking this shitty industrial-dub step mash. Fucking hell, they could have chosen boring Call of Duty military-core music, and it be ten thousand times better than that vomit of screeching soundwaves. They have every metal band in the whole world who would love to do Doom music and they chose a cheap faggot audio technician shmuck from Australia.

Fuck you, every one of you plebian hobby shitters. "B-b-b-b-b-b-but Mick's music is so good and Doom-like and Bobby Prince-like" FUCK YOU! Keep raping this hobby I used to love .

LMAO

Witnessed

Doesn't he like HL2 over 1?

After that Thief (the original) review I can't really hate the guy, it's obvious he understands what good games are and the underlying problems new shit games have. At least I like him more than the other E-celebs, the latter should have played more old games before they go play new shit, then maybe they wouldn't have been as insufferable as they are now.

You fags want the one and only, utterly uncucked reviewer? There's only one person like that.

Take a long and hard look in the mirror. No, that one isn't it ff you had to ask like OP.

Another edit and an apology incoming.

???????? user pls
Unless you've joined the kings of kings and can make a judgement on games just from the title/cover art, in which case rock on.

So, what's your point?

Nah. He just played the tutorial, got bored and judged the entire game based off that.

Playing it yourself is the only sure way to know if a game is good or not. Even a "good" reviewer can give you his subjective opinion only and it may not be what you'd experience yourself. Shitty recent example for me: I remember I thinking Dark Souls looked boring as fuck gameplay-wise till I pirated it myself and found out how fun it was. Had I trusted a review or gameplay footage alone, I'd never have played it.

Not really. You can only be absolutely sure if you play it, but I watched about an hour of a guy playing on ultra-nightmare and decided that, while the game is a breath of fresh air compared to all the other trash coming out lately, it's still inferior to Doom, Painkiller, Quake, or pretty much any other good FPS. The levels are bland, the visuals are bland, the enemies aren't threatening, the weapons feel weak. And despite the game knowing that it has a shit story it still makes you sit through boring cutscenes.

And Snapmap (or whatever it's called) is an embarrasment. Jesus fuck, it's like they don't want this game to have the same longevity that Doom has.

There is. It's called "actual Doom fans." Or "people with standards." Or "people with taste." Take your pick.

P-much this.

Came in with zero expectations. Finished on Nightmare and had a pretty good time.
I'll probably play it again sometime, since there are rune combinations that can change your play-style.

They're called pirates.

Denuvo

as if anyone wants to play nudoom

if I wanted to play a 12 hours long nuFPS inspired by classic series while ommiting everything the game standed for i'd just play DNF

I still dont know why runes and upgrades had be in the game anyway. Why cant a game hold up on its base mechanics, why does everything have to be turned into shallow "rpgs"? Why does there have to be runes that increase move speed and incease glory kill speed? Why cant those be the base speed? Why did nuDooM do everything wrong?

foxandgrapes.torrent

to be fair this is cuckchan level of threads because no one should give a shit about what an e-celeb thinks

Personally I don't care, I still listen to his drown outs with his pal Gabe, good backgroun noise, LDO Ricky Gervais and sleepy cast make great background noise when you're playing games

because they need constant approval how "badass" they are.
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Because tacking things on the game allows them to fill a stupid checklist and pretend the game is less shallow than it really is.

Rip and tear is best track

i'm not going to play d44m even if you would personally built me a new rig and installed a brand new steam account with doom 4 purchased, i'd just uninstall it to make space for worms armageddon and rabi ribi

were you playing the GBA one or what?

There was that one SS level that had about 500 or so kleers. they just keep coming

64 monsters per map
limit of 12 monsters simultaneously active on map
oops

fam there is nothing wrong with shitting on Metal Gear, you can make valid complaints about the pre V ones for being way too cutscene/exposition heavy and you can complain about V for not being remotely finished.

anyone who disagrees is a fanboy.

Slower movement, way less enemies at once, upgrade system, map editor is garbage with no other mod tools (embed related), and before you get enough upgrades the game is balanced around the fact that you should be using the awful cutscene kills be they from the glowing enemies or using the chainsaw for ammo, otherwise you will constantly run out and have to use the shitty infinite ammo pistol.

Who are these people you speak of? Not counting the devs.

I don't really like Doom either, I liked Wolf 3D when it came out but Doom never interested me. It wasn't until seeing some doomguy comics that became interested at least, but I still haven't played past the 3rd or 4th level as it starts getting a bit tedious round those parts.

Great mentality, really helps discussing things when everyone that disagrees with you is automatically either a fanboy or a shill.

Fuck off faggot.

I meant those two particular complaints that I listed

fair enough then

kids? console shooter fans? normalfags who love epic 2011-2012 memes in games and count that as a plus? pick your poison.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that the multiplayer for nudoom was going to be big.

You're gonna have to post actual proof of anyone being excited for it before making these claims.

Reviewers should change to a system of recommending how much they think a game is worth

I mean even nu doom wouldn't be terrible as a 15 dollar game.

Yahtzee also thinks RE4 is the best in the series and that Dark Souls 2 is a good game.

He isn't a reviewer he's an entertainer his reviews are shit

I've seen the NuDoom Defense Force say this is because all video game hardware, including PC I'm assuming, is incapable of doing many monsters and still have current modern graphics and performance. Except games like Serious Sam HD, Serious Sam 3, and the Pain Killer series easily did many monsters with current the modern graphics and performance of their time. Oops.

I'm a doom fan and like the new doom.

Wasn't there some reviewer a while back who rated games as "worth a buy", "worth a rental" and "don't bother"?

Seemed like a decent system.

Are you trying to get us to buy you a new pc for doom 4? Fuck off faggot.

Pretty sure the escapist decides what he reviews. Aside from his few retro reviews.

Would be a decent system if anyone rented games anymore

Why, yes i can.

You mean the "Worth a Buy" guy?

Sounds like the biggest cuck.

He is, he fucking gives Ubisoft a free pass on lot of the shit he bitches about in other games.

It's not just the hardware, it's the engine and the hardware together.

New Doom's AI is quite a bit more complex than any enemy you can find in Serious Sam. They don't all beeline stright towards you, and instead a lot of them like to take advantageous positions or attempt to flank you. And that's not even bringing up the level of complex pathfinding required to even keep up with the player as they're vaulting around the area.

Serious Sam has always kept everything super simple, which is why it's able to have so many enemies on screen at a time. The environments are simple, the enemy models are simple, the textures are simple, and their AI and pathfinding are simple. Simple isn't necessarily bad, and even though I find the Serious Sam games to be pretty repetitive and monotonous I won't throw them under the bus for that reason.

It is a shame that new Doom has that active monster cap, but the game has mostly been designed around it in a way that prevents you from noticing it. I didn't even know there was a limit until after I beat the campaign and opened up SnapMap.

Oh and if someone says "64 monster limit per map har har" they're a lying sack of shit. In SnapMap the placeable monster limit is 64, yes, but you can add even more through the use of logic strings like monster spawners or wave events. I made a map with over 150 enemies in it despite hitting the 64 placeable monster limit. It's possible.

People only remember the popular games; he reviews plenty of random shit he's interested in or filled the time between major releases. Often those are his best reviews because no one cares about the game. I mean goddamn Ride To Hell Retribution.

And you can see why he has to do the popular stuff, because it's apparently all that most people watch.

Go back to reddit

I have two reaction images on my phone and this is one of them

EmptyHero does reviews

People who use it as an excuse don't even know what it means, so yea.

Im not sure how a person can mis-interperit it. "Holla Forums is one person" is very easy to undestand.

Is not one person. Fuck, my bad.

A community being up of many different people doesn't mean that community or a majority of it can't have shared opinions about something, a limited hive-mind if you will. The "not one person" argument is used in an attempt to disprove the existence of said shared opinions when Holla Forums does in fact have very clearly defined internal rules and even tastes.

But any smaller community will have their own opinions and tastes. It doesnt mean people in the communites cant deviate from that. Its when people have the complete opposite tastes is when is shows they dont belong.

Don't use cuck in way it doesn't fit, you're turning it into even more of a buzzword than it already is and it's such a good word to use in cases where it does fit

Also

Sorry *critic/comedian not reviewer, calling yahtzee a reviewer is probably retarded. I do appreciate the praising by exception style somewhat though.

Hang yourself you autistic nigger.

Doesn't Yahtzee hate every fighting game and JRPG for no good reason? It seems like Englishmen tend to be shit at both and hate them both.

Why nobody shows that nuDoom changed dev teams quite often ?

His attempt to save face prior any actual criticism shows how much of a cuck he is, its pathetic, since it shows how he cant take the banter.

Good fucking luck finding anyone doing this and a huge number of views, while taking everything into consideration to give a actual price and staying concise trough the time.

And after all of this technical complexity, its still shit.
Shows how they missed the point and mismanaged the resources badly.
Complex AI and a shitty map design with spawns, thats some high level of retardation.

You meant Bethesda.

He does it for both

I know I should be gloating because I was smart enough not to buy this but I'm just sad.
Does anyone know why the limit would be so low? Have they built it on Gamebryo?

Don't forget he hates Batman type combat but gushed over Mad Max for using an extra button for dodging. He defended it by bringing up Max's badass and epic kills and takedowns.

Because every map published with Snap Map needs to be playable on all platforms, so they needed to artificially limit it to run within console limitations.

The same thing is going to happen with the next Fallout/Elder Scrolls where the modding tools are going to be heavily locked down and linked to Bethesda's mod marketplace, so all mods must be playable on all platforms, no adult content, and no script extenders :^)

consoles.

People can hold both good and bad ideas/ideals.

An idea or ideal is never tied to that person.
When they fuck up, or if they later betray their ideals, the original ideal still exists, and can still be promoted.

Yahtzee might have shit taste on occasion, but he's right about consoles being limping pieces of throw-back technological shit, and (at least at one time) against SJW/the perpetually offended (though his rant on that was on his personal channel doing an lets play with a friend, so smaller audience and non-job dependence allows him to talk more freely?)

But yes, nuDoom sucks shit compared to classic Doom. And just because NuDoom is a good "modern shooter", it doesn't mean it itself is good. (as explained in the pics here: )

That doesn't make sense as consoles would run a 10k+ AI Doom 2 map just fine.
I get that the limit will be the lowest console they release for but I want to find the specific limit. I'm thinking it's probably poly count as all AAAs seem to prefer 1 50k poly model over 50 1k poly models.

If it was just polycount, the only limit would be the amount of monsters able to be spawned at once, and again, the only reason it's hamstrung like that is so it can run on the lowest common denominator.

For fucks sake what bethesda should of done was allow PC mod levels to go beyond the limit and just pick and choose the most popular mod levels; then use their dev tools to optimize it on consoles and upload it on a map pack or someshit instead.

Not saying that MOOM is great, but how is the original that great?

Inb4 "b-but muh mods" or "b-but it was made so long ago!"

The first DOOM was fun and a staple of many of our childhoods, but fug me.

OVER 100000 MILLIONS POLYGONS PER MODEL
USELESS MEGA TEXTURE
ONE MONSTER HAS MORE GRAPHICS THAN 9000 MONSTERS FROM OTHER, BETTER GAMES
JUST
BUY
IT

Asides from people's complaitns about loading times and the different cover for the game's intro, the PS2 versio nclearly had superior models for NPCs, and animations to accompany them, as well as the better mouth movement, at the cost of lower resolution textures.

I wish someone would port the models over to the PC versions.

Man this place went to shit

Yahtzee's at his best when you assume he's taking the piss. He considers himself serious though.
I remember there was something wrong about his Monster Hunter Tri review, and I can't remember what, but since then I only occasionally watch his stuff for the humour.

If you want good reviews, check out Game Sack. They only do older stuff, but they go into detail and they show unedited footage for a bit so you can see what the game is like without them talking over it. There's also The Best Gamers, but that's more of a parody. Emptyhero started doing game reviews and he's brilliant.

But Dark Souls 2 is a good game. It's just a bad sequel.

I want the millennial hipsters to go.

thats not complex doom

It's a mix. They're on point with certain complaints.

my GOD

you CAN'T be SERIOUS!

somebody get me off this ride

Actually I think they picked it up, didn't like it, then dropped it.

They got gypped and may be gypped again, but they'll learn.

xD

I know this is bait, but im taking it.
Why the fuck does story matter at all?
How is that a problem?
Chainsaw is more of a joke weapon, it was never useful aside from killing pinkies
The game was made in 1993, faggot.

you say that like it's a confession

This mentality has allowed the greatest cancers to exist.
People still defend Yahtzee's MH review. People still defend FaggotFist. FaggotFist defends DSP.

Go be a newfag somewhere else, people like you are why this site is so bad.

The faggots here trying to fit in by shitting on everything made after early 2000s has turned this board to shit

I come here to talk about video games and these contrarian faggots need to fuck off. Shills aren't welcome but if you just don't like a game don't completely fuck any disscusion by shitting up the thread with "I haven't played it but it's trash". Ignore the thread and go back to your Doom/Morrowind/Waifu Thread hugbox.

Christ, now I remember why I stopped browsing Holla Forums for a year, it's fucking Holla Forumseddit embodied.

Have you tried killing yourself?

Holla Forums has largely become a place for cargo-cult channers. They swallowed the "Holla Forums hates everything" meme and now genuinely think they fit in by posting SHILL CUCK SHILL CUCK in every thread for no reason.

Nu-DOOM is actually a pretty decent game, the contrarian army here is overtly hard on it for no real reason.

It's not great, but it's immensely better than the shitpile that was Doom 3.

being better than doom 3 does not make it a good game. Or even a decent game.

It's still generic triple a shooter trash with 0 inspiration.

Fuck off.

OP this review is spot on, kill yourself.

fuck off

But that is a shitpost.

I though it was decent for a single playthrough.

I tried to replay it on nightmare but all that did was emphasize how much glory kills and enemy spawn-in sucked. That one image of the long post criticizing how the gameplay is worse than the original is spot-on.

I'm not defending nudoom here but Id like to take this opportunity to say that having a bunch of enemies on screen at once does not automatically make a game more or less difficult especially since with Serious Sam, your mowing enemies down left and right and they go down fairly easy for the most part except for the bigger guys and are pretty easy to avoid if your good enough.

You also have to take into account the level design of things too, Serious Sam is mostly wide open areas stringed together so they can dump a shit ton of enemies in them, where as I would assume with nudoom its a bit more closed in or maze like or whatever.

I was going to even say, like, one of my favorite old FPS games was Shadow Warrior and that game had an even smaller enemy count than Duke Nukem and was more like a maze game were you had to explore and figure shit out.

People said that about Bioshock and it wasn't even passable.

I'm not going to call you shills because shit taste is incredibly common.

I thought we already agreed that Yahtzee was a cuck faggot several years ago.

I'ts not about shit taste its about killing disscusion by shitting up a thread that you think is about a "bad" game. This site would be fucking shit if the only disscusion we had was about "Holla Forums approved games".

Then why don't you go complain about the Undertale generals?

I've never been in one as I don't go shit up threads about games I don't give a shit about :^)

Good for you. Now fuck off. We do actually talk about NuDoom. It is just most us don't have anything nice to say about it.

I've played it and don't like it because the fucking game is completely broken.

It crashes
It freezes
It bluescreens your fucking computer
It has a bug where it thinks your game is in developer mode, locking you out of multiplayer, snap maps and achievements none of these things matter but it's still fucking annoying

Bethesda has delivered a product that's up to their standards at least.

CGR is fun, but Mark may be a bit too lenient. He seems to like everything. The only games I recall him ever calling awful are Heavy Nova and Air Diver (which indeed are awful).

There is a difference between talking about a game and

Morrowind gets a regular thread around here when its gameplay is complete and utter trash but Witcher 3 comes along and "combat so bad it's trash". Contrainian faggots don't have disscusions they have double standards and it ruins any sort of actual disscusion.

Top Pleb

People even on Holla Forums didn't shit on Bioshock 1 enough. No, not in comparison to System Shock. It just sucks on its own term.

Why wouldn't you want that? Are you a pussy?

I'm sure a good number of his reviews are done because he needs to pay rent.

Just because hypocracy sometimes doesn't happen doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Only if you're terrible, by the end of the game I was just using the rocket launcher 95% of the time and I almost always had ammo to spare

Maybe aim better?

Because its counter-productive numbnuts

Why pick up items if all it does is spawn more enemies?

What is the alternative? Be like fucking Reddit sucking Todd's dick because of FO4?

Fuck I'd argue the rocket launcher makes the game easy

PPL need a serious case of git gewd

Yahtzee is more of an entertainer than a reviewer.

You can see his SJW tendencies in his earlier videos. The biggest of which is in his gameplay video where he flat out apologise to Africans for being White. You can say that he was joking, but I got a feeling he was a bit sincere in that video.

Then something happened in 2014 and he is smart enough, not entrenched in SJW slime pit, and goes against social justice warrior.

Sage, because I'm drunk.

What are his strengths and weaknesses as a reviewer? Other than having shit taste because he has to play AAA garbage for his job. And not being very good at games I can't tell what else is wrong with him.

you have the choice of trying to beat the rest of the stage with 25 health left with zero perspectives of additional pickups, and grabbing conveniently placed in the comfy room 100+ health pack that couldn't possibly do any harm to try to get it

this is how you design games, not piling up unconditional options for player like upgrades or chainsaw for additional ammo which seemingly make the game deep but actually trivialize it

I think the issue is less about it being a moderately passable or subjectively good game. Its more with the inherit lack of evidence, poor character and overall untrustworthiness of the reviewers in question that has lead us to believe NuDoom is a bait and switch. Meanwhile people need to stop evangelising the game, it should be mass pirated. The people arguing its good and therefore should be bought are shills. The fact that doom, a game that pioneered shareware had no demo at all is a testament to how poor Bethesda's overall treatment of their customers are. The game SHOULD be aggressively pirated inspite of this fact. A demo was owed. No such demo existed. It was a spat on the face of gamers who built this very franchise from the ground up, who mail ordered the original doom, who played the fuck out of the original shareware as kids.

Instead all we see is customers taken for granted again, over emphasis on marketing again. Its enough to polarize the audience which is what we've seen here. Neither side should have to submit, but both should be in agreement that Bethesda's handling of this game was beyond unethical and thus should be condemned. As they should always be condemned even if they do good, for they are the scourge of the industry and will destroy us if we falter.

TLDR; The games shit because if we cave we loose the very things, the very precedents that make gaming worthwhile. Therefore no one should ever cave.

You want to surprise the player once or twice doing it? Cool whatever

But when almost every power up in DOOM 3 does it, you don't want to pick them up anymore because its often not worth the hassle

Its like when you play Serious Sam and picking up one 1+ health results in 50+ enemies attacking you, it ends up being not fun

Alternative is to ignore threads that you personally don't like. Shills and newfags should still be told to fuck off but we are already like reddit in that we suck off Doom and Morrowind, they are our FO4 and its faggots like you that can't handle anything other than the circlejerk that are turning this place into reddit.

Guess what we are doing? :^)
Look I don't agree Holla Forums all time but people's hatred of Bethesda is completely justified. Like said; even if the game is good, fuck giving Bethesda money. Also, people who play Morrowind here aren't planning on supporting Bethesda.

I don't even know why you'd suck off Morrowind given how utterly fucking broken the game is. The only good thing to come from it is OpenMW in that they're fixing shit Bethesda should have.

As for the Original doom. That's just Nostalgia fags.

I'm just saying that disscusion of vidya should be free and cunts who shit up threads they don't like are equivelent to sjw screaming down someone with an opinion they don't like.

I agree but still think nostalgia fags should hold newer games to the same standard they hold the old ones.

There's that word again.

That's that argument again.

Good counter argument.

youtu.be/ElLlu1EFieom (at the very end, last five or ten seconds) basically sums it up. Paraphrasing, he says find someone who has similar opinions and thoughts as yours and give their reviews weight.

Yahtzee generally chimes with me on most things (Bioshock is almost a 1-1 thing for example) though he has done some clangers (Valkyrie Chronicals) he did make no secret that he didn't have enough time to play it beyond the first few missions-and considering how long they can be, eh.

was pretty much my experience. I hope (but don't expect) bethesda to remove the monster limits at some point.

I'm an oldfag and I often hold newer games with newer technology and advanced mechanics to higher standards

Example is SMB1 vs Super Mario 3D World, both are similar but one has incredibly limited controls vs one that has a massive array of controls

If the newest one doesn't take advantage of everything on the table its not living up to its full potential

Its like when you play Castlevania SOTN and it uses literally every button on the controller for quick responses, that's living up to the hardware platform its on

I don't disagree that lots of modern devs don't appreciate the hardware they are given to work with but a "good game" should be timeless old RTS games hold up really well where as old rpgs and open world games not so much. The standard for judging a game should be the same reguardless of the year.

I basically don't want a game to look/sound/control like crap

There's no excuses for it anymore

And I agree that "Best then" is not the same as "Best now"

Goldeneye was awesome back in 1997, its complete shit in 2016

I completely agree I just reckon people shouldn't be shilling old games as objectively better than new games. I think a healthy appreciation of how fun it was back in the day is okay, it's when people deny that vidya has improved and insist that old games are the best that will ever be.

Like if lets be serious in reviewing NuDoom fairly the problems I found was:

1: The ammo upgrades in the game are 100% required, otherwise in most fights you end up running out of all ammo for all your high damage weapons and you're left trying to mow down a Baron of Hell

2: Every fight follows the same formula of attack in which a wave starts off with piddly shit to waste your ammo, then at the end throws huge shit at you when you have no ammo left

This causes me to repeatedly not pick up items like Haste/Berserker/Invincibility etc because I think I'm going to desperately need it later on, just to forget about it entirely after 20-30 seconds and finish the wave without it

3: Some enemies like shield weilders or Pinkies are impossible to jump over 95% of the time with even the best of timing which makes fights with them in confined rooms/corridors a complete fucking chore

Pinkies most of all because their charge is unavoidable with sideways movement when you have literally nowhere to move, a few times I've found myself in rooms with flat area's and nowhere to move and I'll waste BFG shots on them to avoid fucking myself over

4: Enemies have poor scaling, the first time you fight a Summoner that fuckhead can absorb an ungodly amount of punishment, but after that they drop like flies even with the same shotgun you had at the start

5: Earlier weapons become ineffective later on

I know this contradicts point 4 but the reason is when you have a room full of demons and giant mancubuses are shooting you in the ass whole two hell knights are fucking you up along with imps etc, you literally don't have time to be fiddling with pulling out a shotgun etc in order to take them out

Thus at the end of the game you spend most of your time rocketing them than using other weapons to do so

Some weapons like the assault rifle become utterly near useless end game, even the endless mini-rockets does shit all vs 3-4 good rockets to a mancubuses head

6: Punished for good gameplay

This game encourages body shots immensely because body shots mean you can glory kill for health regen

The problem is good players like me can headshot a leaping revenant as it jumps across the room with a rocket at 50 meters, and instead of being rewarded for doing so like if I just body shotted and glory killed, I'm punished and the thing just dies and I'm fucked out of health

This is a problem with all the larger enemies, even hell knights if I want to take them on with a shotgun in order to get some health back I find myself being fucked out of it because I forget I should be body shotting and most of the time they're instantly dead with super shotty because every hit I did was square on with their noggin

Same shit with Mancubuses, I think 90% of them died with their heads blown off by a rocket etc instead of being in a wounded state for a glory kill

Not a point against the game, but I found no problem with glory kills

Glory kills against little enemies tended to be easy to execute before it switched off, given that you fight them close range this makes them often prime distance to get small bits of health back

Massive giant enemies however you don't want to get close to naturally, but when they go into a glory kill state its incredibly short

This causes you as a player to actually be closer to the giant death monsters instead of picking at them from far away which makes said fights harder, but not many people picked up on this

"complete shit" is going a bit too far. It's at least as good as any competent shooter these days, especially since you can now play it at 60fps and with mouse look through emulation.

Why didn't he use the Yrden?

You're modding in mouse controls

I'm talking playing "As is" with the N64 batterang

Witcher games are shit. Come at me.

Boring shit, hardly any of the story is about Geralt and its always about somebody else, the combat is either completely fucking ass kicking hard or a cakewalk, and it keeps throwing bullshit encounters at you

Like witcher 2 when you fight the evil witcher, jesus fucking christ its just bullshit because the required way to beat him is to have X or Y things upgraded

You didn't know this was coming nor could have predicted such a fight, so either he's a flat out cakewalk or he curbs stomps you over and over till you manage to get lucky

A good designer would have made the fight accessible for tons of various builds, not just one or two

Anyways I never finished any of them cause Witcher 1 it had me collecing a dozen stones I couldn't give a fuck about in some swamp, and then witcher 2 was having me go around and try to find out who was going to stage a coup against this other king and I stopped giving a shit both times

Should call these games "Everyone else but the Witcher" instead of "The Witcher"

Why do I enjoy old games that I just recently played before?

Same games hold up, some don't

I think morrowind is shit where basic shit like swinging an axe you actually have to "Build up"

Its one thing to be attacking a dude in armor, but for fuck sakes I should be able to hit a mudcrab with any fucking weapon I want at it

nuDoom doesn't have archviles

I think that has a lot to do with the developer tools bug that locks you from getting achievements even though you're playing legit.

I'm way farther than level 1 but I'm not getting any achievements because of the retarded bug.

Maybe I should get it considering Holla Forums's only objection to it is autism.

If you're getting it on PC take advantage of Steam's refund thing. Alternatively scour game shops for used copies if you want it on console. That way if you don't like it at least you soften the blow to your wallet.