So I just found out that there is a computer in my house that emulates gamecube games flawlessly...

So I just found out that there is a computer in my house that emulates gamecube games flawlessly. This is one system that I lacked on when I was younger.

I'm looking for a good turn based JRPG final fantasy type game. Any suggestions?

Right now I have started playing REmake it's great and the Metal Gear Solid remake, but I'm craving a good ol' fashion RPG

Tales of Symphonia

Also how did you just find a computer in your house?

Not an RPG, but you must play Gotcha Force. It's fucking hilarious and great fun.

Fucking TTYD, OP.

ebin

1 n onlee

check
check
What did he mean by this, Holla Forums?

what did he mean by this, Holla Forums?

pretty much nothing, OP. you can count the number of old fashioned RPGs during the 6th gen on one hand and none of them are on the gamecube.

I didn't just FIND a computer, I found out the macbook air my gf(not normalfag scum) owns runs dolphin and has full DS4 support.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Added to download list.

it sucks

wat.jpeg

Yeah, the greatest games for that genre were on NES, SNES, and PS1.

Well, the plot of ToS is a lot like the plot of Final Fantasy X, I guess

The Gamecube really doesn't have an abundance of traditional JRPGs, let alone good ones. I haven't played it, but I hear good things about Skies of Arcadia. I'd give it a shot.

The Gamecube didn't have a lot of JRPGs on it, and of the ones it did, the notable turn based ones are Paper Mario: TTYD (turn based, but with actions the player needs to perform to execute attacks), Skies of Arcadia Legends (a port of the Dreamcast original with extra content), Baten Kaitos, and Baten Kaitos Origins (both of which are card oriented turn-based JRPGs). Other some other good ones like Tales of Symphonia and both Lost Kingdoms games, though those are real time combat. Still, something to consider if you get in the mood for them. As far as sixth gen goes, the PS2 was much more of the place to go looking for JRPGs.

Also, here's this if it helps you out much for general game ideas. I do need to get around to updating it sometime though.

Is this possible to emulate with proper time etc? I always liked the OG one more than the later ones, even NL, but my experience with emulation in games with shit based off clocks has been terrible. (Pokemon Crystal, for instance)

the reason Pokemon Crystal's clock doesn't emulate well is because it's a hardware thing that isn't easily emulated. the gamecube clock is purely OS and can be tied to your PCs clock last time I checked.

Skies of Arcadia's good. Legends includes the Dreamcast version's DLC with even more extra content on top of it, and a reduced encounter rate (with an increase to exp to balance it). Only real flaw is that the music quality takes a bit of a hit compared to the Dreamcast, since apparently it wouldn't all fit on one Gamecube disc and Sega apparently didn't want to spring for making it a two disc game (the way some other JRPGs like Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos are). I think I've heard that there's a patch for use with Dolphin that puts in the Dreamcast quality music since size is no longer an issue playing it digitally, in which case that's not an issue.

Consider that if you can run Dolphin, it can emulate Wii games too, which expands your options slightly. Xenoblade Chronicles is probably the best JRPG on that system, although it's not turn-based.

I'm not seeing Mega Man X Command Mission on that list, which is a nice little turn-based JRPG.

I honestly don't see Command Mission brought up that much. How is it?

And yeah, Xenoblade's pretty damn enjoyable in my experiences, but I know some people really dislike the MMO-esque style of combat it has. Also heard good things about Arc Rise Fantasia, but unless you get a kick out of really atrocious dubs (a game brought over in 2010 has little excuse to sound in English as bad as it does), it pretty much needs the undub patch.

Oh fuck, nice. I'll have to give that a shot then.

It's good. It's not going to blow your mind, but it's good. The cel-shaded style is very pleasant to look at too.

When you're feeling down, play the original Chibi Robo. It'll turn your whole day around.

I still can't believe how much that game's gotten up to. Used to be about $30 where I live, gut now it's like $75-90.

Speaking of chibi-robo, reminds me that the DS one that was never brought west is now fan translated.

Yeah, that actually looks pretty nice visually. How's the gameplay/story? Also, considering it's part of the Mega Man X subseries (judging by the title), is it standalone, or do you really need to play the prior X games first?

Seriously, I love emulation and pirating as much as the next guy, but there's no greater satisfaction than purchasing a game on Amazon, it coming to your house, and actually working without any fucking stupid configuration or anything.

I got lucky and got mine really damn cheap prior. I'm just surprised by how much it's gone up since then.

what?
so does this mean you like to buy bottled water, even though tap water is the exact same shit you still want that SATISFACTION of water being bottled

KIRBY
MOTHERFUCKING
AIR RIDE

Nope, play em.

X, Zero and Axl (usual protagonists of the X series) are party members, but the other members in your party originate from the game.

The only thing you really need to know is that X hunts maverick robots, Zero is the resident coolguy and Axl is just X with a gun and shapeshifting powers.

X is your spread damage mage, Zero is your high damage warrior, Axl is your rouge, in the video you have Marino and Spider, a Medic and a gambler type ala Setzer from FF6. ther are other party members, and each has super modes that either change or enhance what they already do.

The game seems simple at the start, but it gets more complex as it goes on. Pretty usual stuff. But it's pretty fun.

From what I remember, your options are limited by the shit you equip, each character can equip two sub weapons and gear that can change how they operate and you have a meter that determines how much you can fire that turn. The game is very equipment based. Items are very useful and there's plenty of use for buffs and debuffs.

Game's middle of the road between hard and easy, but it can still rock your shit if you don't keep up or conserve items for when they're needed.

woops, video i mentioned.