Halo exclusive coming

Halo's multiplayer is something that PC gamers have wanted to replicate for many years now, but now we may finally be getting that with Installation 01, a community made arena-based FPS which plans on merging the best aspects of Halo: CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 into a single game and provide a new single player experience for PC gamers to enjoy.

web.archive.org/web/20160606012400/http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/installation_01_-_the_pc_exclusive_halo_game/1

Thats great and all, but will there be custom content, an ability to make custom content

1/10 got me to reply

It's shit, just play Halo Online.

Last time i checked none of those games had sprint and aim down sights you double nigger. Halo Online already took the spot for pc halo

The gunplay in this looks completely awful.

Would be way easier for them if they just mapped a shitload of old ass Halo maps and ported them to Online instead of making this mess.

checked

You're damn right youtube e-celeb will check it out. And give thumbs up.

you're right, you totally speak for everyone

redditor detected

Halo generally has good art direction, sense of scale and designs focused on gameplay rather than looking cool. Just release the fucking engine on pc with free modding tools and allow the users to rub out the consolitis.

I played Halo 2 just today and while lot of the design is excellent, it's pretty slow. Double the movement speed, and it's fairly competent shooter even by PC standards.

Halo's engine DOES exist on PC, if you want to get technicaly we have H2's engine on PC and HCE's build of -BLAM- has had it's internals heavily documented with lots of programs

I hate this mindset so much, and it's not like there were any real invisible Barriers in Halo 2, look at the level Delta Halo, right from the start of the map you can climb outside the map and run along the top of the map and explore

Gas yourselves with your sub 100 IQ.

Are you the same autist who spammed the other Halo thread without knowing sage is a way of posting your opinion without bumping the thread?

Or are you clinically retarded?

They fucked it up already.

I think it would help the pacing. Especially for the enemies. Maybe not double-speed but often they feel too static despite having the AI to move around.

Gay as fuck OP, just play UT2K4.

or how about just improving the AI? the speed in Halo works for the maps and in H1 we saw covenant use actual tactics

Just upgrade the AI really, I mean if you WANT to get technical, HCE HAD a double speed power-up that got cut early on

Making aiming not be piss easy so the game can be active instead of a terrible pseudo-cover shooter works.
If you want to make everything slow you could just take the heavy tactical approach and make weapons outright shit like games such as Red Orchesta, Flashpoint, Counter Strike, Insurgency and Battlefield do.
Halo was designed for a consoles in a game where everyone moves like a snail, weapons are stupidly accurate because aiming itself is fucking garbage and in the end you get a game which provides little challenge and ends up as damage sponges fighting damage sponges hiding behind corners every couple of seconds.

Forgot to add examples on the other side of the field, like Tribes, Quake and UT where everyone moves fast as hell, so aiming and proper movement requires skill due to the heavy fast pace of the game.

Lies

"Aim ahead" isn't really skill full

but I agree auto aim needed to go

go back to your dead console fag

Wrong, it is extremely skill full as long as the game is fast enough and there are enough advanced movement mechanics so it feels like you're shooting at flying ducks instead of sitting ducks like it feels like in console shooters.

I think the main point in improving Halo should be reducing the time the player spends in cover.

I haven't played 4 or 5, but I remember the franchise feeling more like a cover shooter with each installation. There's potential in the game, I remember having plenty of fun in that first hangar of the third level in CE. You wouldn't die as fast as in later parts, but you never could relax as the enemies would come from all sides, forcing you to change tactics, unlike in 2 where too many confrontations were about taking shots from a static cover from a distance. In a way I suspect that precision weapons ruined some of Halo's balance as well.

Just make sure you don't turn it into instagib garbage. I think the slow speed of Halo actually works better for the multiplayer than the singleplayer.

It's about same speed as Halo when you relate it to how the level geometry works. Try to imagine how Halo would look like if the player character were made to feel mouse-sized without changing the speed in relation to the world.

Except everyone is flying sanic fast and most weapons that aren't pea shooters are affected by gravity.

"Stupidly accurate" is an understatement.

wew lads

Go back to sucking dick, fag.

Fucking pleb. Sprint is something I can do with or without, doesn't matter to me.

I loved playing halo 1 back in the day, nice to know but i wont upgrade to winblows 10.

fucking mustards