Warframe-like vidya?

Dear anons

I like the concept of warframe. Space ninjas, co-op, various abilities of varying elements, fast parkour movement with tons of advanced techniques and a mesh between melee and ranged combat.

Problem is the actual execution is garbage. Physics are shit, bosses are bulletsponges, everything's either too powerful or too weak, maps are all the same shit, etc. or at least that's the case when I last played it three years ago, if it's any better now let me know, but I doubt it because digital extremes

Long story short, I want games similar to warframe. If anything I just want a very fast paced TPS with lots of movement options and vertical elements(the latter scratches Vanquish, inspite of that being really good), preferably set in space and with powers.

The most I know of is Nelo and that's still way early in development, and Seraph but that's early access and 2D.

tl;dr: What's out there that's like Warframe, but good? Singleplayer or multiplayer, I don't care which.

It's most definitely not the same game it was three years ago OP. It's much worse.
Do not try and play it again OP, don't do that to yourself because it will likely destroy any good memories you had of it. They made nearly ever bad decision they possibly could and completely ruined the game with their incompetence.

I would also like to know of similar games. I really enjoyed Warframe early on when it was alright and the devs hadn't gone to complete shit

Shit. I keep some minor fraction of hope that some other dev will take over it or they'll wake up to what they're doing wrong or they'll fluke themselves into making a good update.
The worst part is that I really wanted it to be good. I was just off Global Agenda dying and I was hoping Warframe would satisfy the PvE needs while Firefall the PvP needs. I guess neither amounted to anything.
Bumping.

Warbros #1

Heard the latest news? The Queen is dead

The queen?

I played Global Agenda too, it was pretty fun while it lasted.

You mean the Grineer queens? Did we ever even see or interact with them outside of hearing they order the guys we fight? I gave up any hope of the story or setting improving after the update that turned the Tenno into fucking children remote controlling robots.

Bumpan

Cookie Clicker

Metal Gear Online and Ghost Recon Phantoms are both decent TPS with vertical elements. And don't let faggots tell you MGO is garbageā€¦ just because it isn't quite as good as MGO2 doesn't make it worthless.

Aside from the lore you get from scanning the Kuria, apparently Grineer Queens are coming "soon," they put out a trailer for it.

Why would you recommend me this
What have I ever done to you

Bean queen?

You want Destiny.

Don't gimme that. You play Warframe.

Correction, I used to play Warframe more than three years ago.

Warframe didnt had a $60 entry wall nor have DLCs, so fuck off.

Either you are baiting or you are unaware that Phantoms is about to shut down right?

They both suck. No satisfaction after playing them. At least Warframe is free though and doesn't nickle-and-dime you with DLC

Haven't you done that thread already not long ago?

did anybody in agdg ever have anything remotely similar to a replacement for warframe?

Different user, but I was interested in that thread.

Honestly I doubt it, the best I've seen come out of /agdg/ is megabyte punch. In fact that's the only thing I've seen come out of /agdg/

vindictus is kinda like warframe, but with waifus and entirely too much quest text. still great with DMC music.

I've played a ton of both Destiny and Warframe, they're nothing alike

I've never actually seen any similarities besides bulletsponge bosses.

The secret to Warframe is that after a certain point you one-shot almost anything, even the bulletsponge bosses. You can't do that in Destiny, but at least in Destiny the raid bosses involve a lot of mechanics to keep up with.

The secret to warframe is that nothing seems like fun, everything's just "efficient".
You don't buy a shotgun because you like shotguns and it's meaty and shit, it's because it's much more efficient at one shotting people. You don't use a mod set because you like their effects, it's just better at killing shit. You don't use Trinity because you like the whole support aspect of her, you use her because it's much less effort to have invincibility for an entire mission than it is to keep behind cover for regen if your shields get depleted. You don't use Loki's swtich teleport to get to a better position and kill enemies from that better position, it's much more efficient to just make them all take out their prods and then let them come to you

I don't fucking understand, it's one of the best games ever made.
Combat and movement are fast, responsive fun and unique.
Huge variety of melee weapons and firearms.
Bosses are varied and all require different approach, reminding me of megaman and DMC type of boss battles.
Random maps generation is great for both exploring and speedrunning, supplementing movement system.
Free trading, ability to get premium currency without paying, cool story mode.
Great graphics, optimization and explicit gore are just an icing on the cake.

The only downside is that you need to wait for shit to craft, but even then you still can play the game with equipment you already have.
I could hardly believe it's a free to play game.

It's not even hard enough game to care about efficiency, let alone sacrifice your fun for it.

For a lot of people (myself included) finding the most efficient way to do things and playing efficiently is fun. The endgame is just about doing the same thing over and over again as efficiently as you can, but that's what I liked about it. I played so much of it that I feel sick when I think about it now.

Destiny is kind of like that with raids but it has a lot of safety nets. You can only get raid rewards once per week per character, for example. Some people like grinding out strike playlists and PvP for exotic engrams and faction rep but those are very low-pressure. Fun is allowed.

I don't remember any of this besides fast combat and movement. From what I remember the bosses were incredibly bullet spongy and rarely required tactics besides "hit them when they are not shooting back" and the maps were all the one map for each planet, where the map is large but there's barely anything to do in them.

So what you're telling me is that I should give it another shot? My brother's been wanting to play it for a while but he doesn't know if it's worth the 11 gigs.

What do you mean "worth 11 gigs"?

One would assume he's talking about hard drive space.

All they ever did after you left was put more weapons that they almost never give a second balance pass to.
The new mechanics are the same, they never improved the core gameplay past shooter with loose movement mechanics, they only ever added more grind sinks like syndicates you grind affinity with for more gear.

Devs don't seem to understand that this is an action game, they probably don't even know what warframe does right. I can only advise this game as a time waster.

I meant the download because my internet isn't exactly the fastest.
Normally it's four times faster than this but the speed's gone through the shitter after the past few days when the weather decided to go full ovenmode

I could briefly go over some of the new mechanics if you want

Go for it. I remember hearing there was some space shooting segments but all it is the ground combat but slower and with a larger and more empty map.

It's called Archwing and it was a fucking mistake

First's archwing, throwaway the frame's powers, weapons and movement for crappier powers, overall worse selection of weapons that are harder to level and gain mods for due to how arch wing gameplay works, and slow combat against bland enemies in a large empty space.

At the very least it is only really mandatory to play for some content you can avoid anyway.

All the game genuinely needs is a little bit more depth to the combat system. It's so close to being a perfect hack and slash/Musou style game.

I love it, but unfortunately once you've played for a few hours you've experienced all the game can offer mechanically and depth wise. Most of the variety comes from weapons and new frames.

Remember Martialis

We held the line

unfortunate, it was solid even if it did lack content

The problem for me, being a somewhat long-term on/off player, is primarily rooted in the community.

Once you get to a comfortable point there is literally no incentive to go back and help people and no incentive to do anything else. End-game content is simply just "grind for new shit yo!" with no sustenance or impact upon the overall environment. Your actions do nothing to the world just "Oh, better get into the next ship to the next mission asap this system's in chaos yo!" Not to mention there's no "mid game" players. Just those who have caught up and are waiting for new content or those who have just started. And once those new players hit a roadblock of any kind they slip back to their old RPG because there's no way for vets to tag along or push a button to randomly help a new person. Not like it would matter very much in the long-run anyway as most folk who play the game don't even talk to their temporary squad mates, just praying that they're not braindead and can push M1 when they see even so much as a hint of an NPC.

But you never notice that chaos. You never see or feel any of it besides blowing through everything quicker than your average Americlap with a $50 Sonic giftcard. Enemies are paper to you because you're basically a god (even on some of the higher end difficulty missions) and the only way the devs seem to understand the concept of difficulty is the Diablo 2 esque "Duhhhh just make them hit harder with more HP!!!".

In the end, one can only follow a carrot on a stick for so long before it just gets dull, repetitive, and same-ol-same-ol. It's literally like going to work but in a video game format as you don't want to miss out on some random ass alert drop or want to have a nice stash of Ducat prime trash parts for the void trader's immense collection. Which is another gripe I have that obtaining a prime weapon doesn't feel like "end game" it feels like a "just above side-grade".

But yes, the endgame is ass. Absolute ass. All you do is the same thing you did before but with harder dudes but with no open world to explore like other games that preceded it. The PvP system is also a joke because they literally have NO idea what they're doing in terms of balance and just say "fuck it" half the time because NO ONE PLAYS IT ANYWAY. I would say it would be awesome if there were new game modes but the shit community has proven time and time again they don't want to do anything else but run through a corridor at high speeds with a grenade launcher.

It's garbage that I keep wanting to see be more than garbage but I'm always proven wrong. IT hurts not having anything similar to a crazy third-person game. Everything's always fuckin first person like it's some form of godsend because COD made the kids like it.

I lost interest because in my head I could tell what my experience was going to for the coming duration

after a while not even the excellent Warbros community would raise my interest to come back since DE decided to fuck with us

Warbros #1

Damn straight

It's a shame warbros haven't found anything new to play in. Apparently wiawyr's putting his eggs into the EC basket but I'm just not buying it.

Are konami even supporting mgo3?

Aside endlessly filling it with dlc cosmetics that is.

I just use whatever feels the most enjoyable to use in the end-end-endgame, like Inaros and Broberon in high level sorties, and it just werks. Weapons like the Mutalist Quanta and the Stug are just as capable of endgame play as any "higher" weapon, providing you mod them properly. Though, the thing that irks me is powercreep on some weapons. As an example, the Lex Prime is better than the Seer in every single way, despite the latter being much more enjoyable to use. Overall I pretty much play this game for the large variety of gimmick weapons, where the grinding is only a supplement to the gameplay to me.

The game being hugely grindy would annoy me a lot less if it wasn't for the time gated polarity things. Needing like 6 to make a shit weapon useable gets real fucking old when there's a lot of weapons you want to use.

So speaking of Nelo, what do you anons think of it so far? Promising? Too ambitious? What?
what

Welp, there goes my nickname.

That's turbo gay, user

What can I say, I like my 'turbo gay' nickname.

>remember not getting in

It's like coming to a high school reunion and seeing how the A+ student that would retire early on a small fortune became a crack-addicted prostitute that's sucking off some chink in the alleyway.

I don't even have a proper reaction to express my disappointment, so here's a screencap that gets it across better.

It's been a while since I played but let me try and remember some of the problems I had. It was fun at first but got worse over time

This was one of the things I enjoyed about the game. The basic core gameplay was fun as fuck with decent movement mechanics and a decent bit of variety in combat. However that got ruined as I progressed because DE can't balance for shit and the only way of increasing difficulty they could come up with was making enemies tanky bulletsponges and making them do tons of damage. Once you get far enough into the game the enemies all become tanky bulletsponges that can only be killed in a reasonable amount of time with the best guns and they instakill you if you are not invincible.

Again something I loved that was ruined. You had a lot of different weapon types for both ranged and melee but eventually they powercreeped everything and added too many weapons to try and get people to buy them instead of grinding them out. Now they have way too many weapons, many of them are too similar to other weapons instead of being unique and most of them are complete shit and near unuseable at higher levels because they don't do even half as much damage as whatever the current meta weapon everyone uses is. You can use them at higher levels but it will take you too long to kill anything and you drag your team down.

Absoloute bullshit. Most bosses used to just be bulletsponges and while they might have been fun to fight when you first reached them if you are at the correct power level you will usually end up instagibbing them because DE can't balance for shit and your stuff will become overpowered. Rather than try to fix their shit design philosophy they decided to make every single new boss they release the same. This same boss will be completely invincible until a certain amount of time has passed or you do some gimmick at which point you can damage them a certain amount, then they will become invincible again. This was to forcefully pad out boss fights and make them take longer because DE could think of no other way to make challenging boss fights after they ruined their game.

This was pretty neat and I don't have any real complaints here other than some tilesets seeming a bit samey. They didn't make many changes to it and it works well enough though it could do with some more variety.

This was nice. I used to say Warframe had one of the best F2P models because outside of cosmetics you could get anything in the game while playing for free. They had added so much grind and ruined so much that I can't really bring myself to call it a good system anymore but it used to be pretty great and the core aspects of it are still good.

Have you played end game content? Their shit design takes skill out of it completely. Mook enemies will become tanky and take a while to kill even with the best guns while tanky enemies will become near unkillable with sustained cocentrated fire and they will instakill you. End game content is almost entirely based around getting a good team comp and cheesing enemies. You make yourselves completely invicible or perma stun the enemies or something similar. There is no real playing, it is all entirely cheese because DEs shit design, that was one of the biggest things that drove me away.

The reason I went from loving the game to hating it is because of DEs incompetence and the fact I can't play it now without being reminded of how much they ruined it. People often complain about how they treat their community and their shitty attitude but even without that there is enough to drive people away from them and their game. I imagine plenty of people here are in the same boat as me, they used to love Warframe but were driven away by DE and now can't stand to see what it has become.

>tfw when I stopped playing the day I got the 100 day log in reward and the alternate fire didn't even work at all on console.
The alternate fire button legit did nothing and had been that way for months. All the big bugs and other garbage shit they need to fix they just never address. The focus system to this day is probably still garbage used for only 2 passive skills.

I feel like I am trying to sell a meme here, but I've just played E.Y.E. and it is the closest thing to Warframe I can think of.

If I would have to imagine the Orokin, I would imagine them simillar to E.Y.E. agents.

It is of course a smaller budget game, so you have to lower your expectations on graphics, textures, and animation smoothness. But if you can get trough that, then you get

Bumpan

EYE is great but I'm looking for something third person, sorry.

I don't even know what I find so desirable in a good third person shooter but I want one.

After the 18.13 warframe is pretty much put a nail in it's coffin. Trinity was finally nerfed to non existent yet the exponential enemy armor, dmg and dmg resistance have not been touched.

Even the halfchan's general is dying. It's just a single autist that wants to take control of the op.

Warbros has literally 5 people online today.

This is going to go one of two ways:

1) They will release something shiny (U19 with kavats or some shit) to distract us from broken enemy scaling and that they probably don't know what they're doing with Damage 3.0

2) [Less Likely] They'll actually do something that won't fix the entire problem but it'll be better than infinity armor grineer or mandatory 4x Corrosives.

But how the fuck are people supposed to do Jordas Verdict when the main plan was to heal the archwings outside kicking around the volleyball into the golem while your Trinity was inside blessing everyone? You're way out of affinity range now, even with Vazarin's buff.

On one hand: Blessing Trinity is pretty ded, although they made it so that the calculation is back to what it used to be so you can still get 75% damage mitigation with it, but at the genuinely scary levels 75% still doesn't cut it. Are people going to run an Everlasting Ice Ward Chroma on top of Trinity or some shit?

On the other hand, Volt's Riot Shield is a good step towards Volt actually being usable, if you want to go superspeed melee hero you already could with Naramon, but he has have some survivability outside of being Invisibo. Overload or whatever it's called now is still pretty mediocre, it needs a severe damage hike.

Everyone saw the Prism nerf coming a mile away, so aside from RIP Prism, Mirage is still fine because of Eclipse buff/ Hall of Malevolence. I agree that if they're going to make it not LoS they should lower the casting time because putting on a Natural Talent just for Prism is fucking irritating.

Mesa actually getting Real Damage like other frames with toggleable exalted weapons is pretty great since she was nerfed from being literally omniscient. Mesa stronk now.

RIP Mag's nukes though. Post-rework it's obvious that her main button has moved to Magnetize instead of Polarize but after slapping a couple forma into her I actually feel like I want to play her against factions that aren't just corpus because of the Magnetize bubble. It's fun to just pump a magazine into the bubble and watch it shred things, and it synergizes with Pull and Polarize because you can Polarize armor off for more bits flying around, and Pull enemies into the bubbles.

Efficiency-wise, it's a nerf but I find myself surviving a lot longer because of the bullet attraction of the bubbles and the way they block shots.

The best thing they did with this patch is the Mastery Rank = Starting Mod Energy thing, being MR21 and having 42 Mod Energy on a potatoed weapon or frame at rank 0 makes slamming forma into things (especially frames) a lot less miserable.

The worst thing they did with this patch is obviously Nerf Trinity Wednesday coming back. The range is the worst, keeping a bunch of people that are sliding and flipping all over the place corralled into affinity range is retarded, and it's especially bad for raids.

Sometimes wanting to play a certain type of vidya is like wanting to eat a certain type of food; there is nothing particular to it, we just get in the mood.

Sorry I couldn't help

What would Holla Forums do to fix warframe?

U19 already got datamined is it just a quest to get ready for U20.

Volt took the worse beating out of everyone.
You can't spam shields anymore
Putting up the shields drains too much health
Overload doesn't even work when you need it too and the dmg is capped.

That mastery thing works good for weapons but not warframe since stats increase by lvl not mods. lvl 10 nova with max duration PM last like 4 seconds. What's the point of equipping mods in the first place at that level I might as well be leveling her unmodded.

Redo the reward system.
effort spent = the quality of the reward

Start properly mastery locking weapons and giving them the stats to match that mastery. RIP FUCKING SUBRA AND AMPREX.

All frames should have something that infinity scales in terms of dmg.

Stop making shit augments mods that do nothing but fix was is broken pic related

Keep working on the core game instead of adding other shit like archwing racing (that's a thing that's coming in the near future) and lunario: a rocket league clone.

Get rid of that shit plat for mod slots. You don't even get free slots for lvling up MR. Always have to buy plat.

Stop candy coding the forums and actually listen for once and admit mistakes were made. There are too many suck ups on that site Same thing with q&a devstreams. After 18.13 the q&a thread was filled the ideas and criticism What did DE do on the livestream? The when back to previous q&a threads for 2-3 years ago. One of the most game changing patches and you don't even want to talk about it?

The moderators will delete anything negative towards the devs. One person got banned just for calling the devs messy.

The devs need to actually play their own game to actually understand how much of a grind feast it really is. The only person at DE that plays the game outside her job is Becca.

You mean energy? With max efficiency and max Zenurik Overflow you actually regain energy while moving with the riot shield, since it's not a toggle.

The fact that it actually blocks splash damage from the front is pretty nice, too.
Void lasers still slice right through it though.

Well no wonder it's still just semi-cc semi-damage if the damage is capped, fuck.

Powerleveling a frame has never been easier, if you're getting a good affinity income in a mission it means you'll be in a decent place to use some of your abilities once they unlock, or you can just slap every defensive mod you have on to prevent yourself from being hitscanned to death on a level 0 frame.

EV trin and energy plates were considered to getting nerfed. Don't get too comfy with overflow

That would be like a multishot nerf: taking the game out back and shooting it in the head. No one wants to beg and plead RNGesus for energy orbs, and it would just make Carrier even more vital than it already is.

Zenurik existing and thus you don't have to huddle around your energy plates or beg your friend to go EV Trinity this time was one of the better things about the game post-Second Dream, aside from having to see ugly tweeno pop out every time you use it.

While I'd like to believe that they wouldn't be that stupid, but Steve still thought Oberon's passive was actually good, so who the fuck knows anymore.

what about Lost Planet 2? it's a sci-fi TPS that doesn't take itself too seriously, there are mechs and you can use a grappling hook (but no parkour), and it's pretty fun on co-op.

tfw decided to redownload WF one last time to put all my hopes and dreams for it to rest also because my brother really wants to give it a go

I'm not a fan of the lost planet series. 1 just didn't feel too good to play and it felt so damned slow as well and 2 was obviously made for co-op in mind.

She looks like younger Anita.
Also bump.

She follows hentai artist on twitter. Anything but.

Wait what

No more 99% dr
blessing now has a range of 5 meters.

Don't worry there's this thing called "focus abilities" where you if you farm this for about half a month you can increase that range by 1 meter.

Warframe: It's a one way skinnerbox death trap.

I never bothered to learn how Focus works, it seemed like way too much work for such little gain