2018 Predicitons and 2017 Retrospective

What are your hopes and predictions for 2018? Is there any comic, cartoon or something else Holla Forums related that you are looking towards?
What were things in 2017 you were grateful or disappointed with?

My Hopes for 2018:

My predicitions for 2018?

Good things in 2017:

Bad things in 2017:

Over all, 2017 was a slight improved upon 2016. Hopefully 2018 continue the trend.

Other urls found in this thread:

barnard.edu/magazine/summer-2016/new-kind-superhero
imgur.com/r/fitgirls
youtube.com/watch?v=gbNWb-vmlB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Everything will still remain shit and get even worse I have no hope for animation (both Adult and Children) or comics and I have the pleasure to share it with you guys

Good things in 2017:

Bad things in 2017:

What I hope for 2018:
>Black Panther (even though it might be "fuck whitey" the movie, it has my favorite stuntmen and fight choreographers working on it)

So none?

That depends on your viewpoint. While I believe the SJW fad is over, I don't think any amount of reform is going to stop fags from screaming bloody murder at every brown skinned character in a Marvel book. They'll just move goalposts and insist that anything remotely "left" needs to be purged, no matter how inoffensive it is.

The site got hacked last year during April's Fools.

Give me one example. One fucking example of something "inoffensively leftist". Because if you're defending shit like "THE LASSO OF TRUTH CAN'T STOP MANSPLAINING" or "DRUMPF AS MODOK XDDDD" you can fuck right off.

Ms. Marvel.

and all our IPs were held in a database

It seems to be petering out, but it is not over yet. Comics were the patient zero, and it will be the last area to break free from SJW grasp.

Stop trying to start shit. When books is written well, is free of virtue signaling, and doesn't shit all over established characters, people will not hate it.

People stopped complaining about Latino Ghost Rider when it tuned out that book was free from politics and actually decent but ultimately decaying during the relaunch 12 issues later. Everyone also enjoyed Genndy's Cage!, but hated Bendis' Luke Cage and Defenders. White protagonists also didn't stop people from rightfully hating Hellcat, Squirrel Girl, Whor, new Hawkeye, time traveling young X-Men, Inhumans, Hydra Cap, new Wasp, or Bendis' GotG and Tony Stark.

Her entire character can be summed up as "fangirl activist turned superheroine". Her entire story so far has been every character in the Marvel universe bending over backwards to coddle her, followed by founding a team of teenaged faggots who constantly whinge about social media, hashtags, and 'punching up'. Her being a shitskin written by an obnoxious white woman who chose to convert to Islam is a drop in the bucket.

You should be less concerned with SJWs and more concerned about what will rise from their ashes. Just as the hashtag trend rose from the ashes of the pandering trend, a new evil will take it's place.

To be fair, she was apolitical and the least worst marvel hero along with Gwenpool in comparison to fem Thor and Squirrel Girl reboot.

She's meme-y, but I'll take memes over socjus.

You have to be pretty deluded to actually believe this

Hopes for 2018:

Predictions in 2018

Good things in 2017:

Bad things in 2017

Why are people still pretending that Rebirth is some kind of glorious comeback that is going to get ruined by the Evil Bendis instead of mostly mediocre crap (shit, I don't think Batman books have been this bad since the early 00's) that's already well on its way to going full retard thanks to Johns?

Hopes for 2018:

Predictions for 2018

Good things in 2017

Bad things in 2017

Mixed-bag things in 2017

I could argue they first went meme-ish, then went full preaching. Anyway, Ms. Marvel is shit.

The owner of Marvel has donated six million dollars to Donald Trumps campaign so far. Nobody at Marvel has quit over it.

Have you even read it? I read some recent issues the other day and found it adequate. It's got good art and the characters are likable. It's your standard teenage superhero comic.

I can see why Max Landis was scared that it might be a #Hashtag comic. The book could easily sink into twitter IDPOL but it manages to stay above it for the most part. If I didn't have better options, I'd probably buy it.

Issue #13, the one everyone probably bitches about, basically told everyone to vote for Jill Stein.

When they made Jane Foster Thor and created Kamala Khan, they went in with the strict intent of pushing their political agenda. Gwenpool was a weird meme that they handed off to the Dr. McNinja guy and one of the few only competent artists Marvel has hired in years… But even their whole push to make Gwen Stacy some kind of universal A-lister was a weird politically driven move to stop her from just being a supporting character for Spidey, undoubtedly because they thought that was misogynistic.

Read Champions. Ms. Marvel exists solely to be the "How do you do fellow #woke social justice activists?" character. Beyond that, her development as a character and a hero is pretty wonky. One day she's stumbling around in her pajamas, and the next, she's an A-lister running around with the Avengers, forming her own globe trotting team of teenage activist superheroes.

What killed Ms.Marvel was the amount of crossovers and events they shoved her in

Disgustingly bland doesn't count as inoffensive

Right from the start, she was a token diversity character. Even calling her "Ms. Marvel" and giving her the lightning bolt insignia was an attempt to usurp another character's legacy, after they already Dyke'd up Carol Danvers and made her especially unpopular.

Dude, aren't you the Holla Forums guy who got btfo'd after sperged too much with this leftist buzzword? If so, than please, don't do it again.

And no matter how we try to defend her, she was a literal mounthpiece for the authors crazy political views. Has her potentials? Clearly. Was there any attempt to write her right? Yes, you just mentioned one! But overall (and sadly) she just end up as a poster girl of current year Marvel's political bitching.
If there was and will be a anti-trump bullshit story then you can bet, she will be showed in that issue just because her race! and we both know how much worth a character which only trait is bitching on his/her race/sexuality. That's right, fucking ZERO, nothing!

This is truly a faith worse than death for a comic character!

It's called a "legacy character", where someone takes up the mantel of another hero. Ted Kord, Wally West, Kyle Rayner, Tim Drake, Jack Knight, Courtney Whitmore, all legacy characters. Bitching that they had someone else become Ms. Marvel is retarded.

However, from your post, I assume you're more angry that Ms. Marvel became a sand-nigger.

You can't just fucking claim that the book is a mouthpiece for the author's crazy political views without fucking backing it up. Give me some fucking examples for Christ's sake.

If you can't, then you're wasting people's time by bitching about a comic you never read.

That just means they're hypocrites, not that they're not SJWs. They hate Trump but not enough to quit their gainful employment/media pulpit just because their revenue might go toward funding the guy they hate so much.

Same deal with the Wolfenstein II devs. One of the board members of ZeniMax is Robert Trump, Donald's brother. But the Wolfenstein devs aren't about to give up a well paying job and a chance to make to make cheap, low effort, one dimensional propaganda just because the profits made from the game might indirectly go toward funding the guy they made the propaganda against in the first place.

Except she's not connected to any legacy. She's literally just a fan-girl who liked Ms. Marvel's old costume. You're not wrong that characters get replaced and titles have been passed down, but the only reason Kamala Khan is "Ms. Marvel" and Carol Danvers isn't, was because of editorial decisions to 1) Make Carol Danvers more modern by making her less sexy and shrinking her tits, and 2) Because the uncreative hacks at Marvel felt that the only way anyone would care about this character is if they felt like they were taking away and remaking an old, problematic character into something new and trendy.. like a teenaged muslim fangirl who writes fanfiction and argues about shipping on the internet, because that's "#relatable" for the demographic they thought they could capture.

Political mouthpiece

Okay, then i give you every single Kamala related thread on Holla Forums during 2017!

My only hope is that Germans will not fuck up incoming Tabaluga reboot

Isn't said author a white muslim convert who created the character to demonstrate to people how totally woke and progressive Islam is?

>One of Amanat’s challenges has been to get women more invested in the comic book industry. “I heard over and over again that women didn’t feel comfortable at conventions or in comic book shops,” she says.
>Last March, Amanat attended a Women’s History Month celebration at the White House, where she met President Obama and introduced him to Kamala Khan. During the ceremony, Obama said, “Ms. Marvel may be [Sana Amanat’s] comic book creation, but I think for a lot of young boys and girls, Sana’s a real superhero.”
Source: barnard.edu/magazine/summer-2016/new-kind-superhero

And this is only the tip of the iceberg! Every single praise about her comes from her race and religion rather than her stories!

And? How that changes anything? If anything that makes them hypocrites but that doesn't change the fact that Marvel at least in the creative level is controlled by sjws. Again, you are deluded

>>>/cuckchan/

These characters all have something that Ms Muslim doesn't - depth.
She doesn't even really have anything to do with the Mar-Vell family. She was created for political points, nothing else

No nation has worse record when it comes to comics and cartoons and Germany. They were so bad, that they even fucked up American ones.
I bet that Humsin will not be a villain anymore, Tabaluga's father's spirit will sit on a crescent moon, and Arctos and his arctic nation will be a thinly-veiled allegory for white supremacists.

WHERE IN THE BLOODY HELL HAVE YOU BEEN THE LAST 5 YEARS !?
[UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISRAEL], Whor, America Chavez, Kate Leth's Hellcat, The Shadow 2017, list goes fucking on you nigger

And Barry Allen called himself The Flash after Golden Age Flash. What's your point?

Ones were it's non-stop bitching about mud-slimes, or ones that actually story-time the comic? Because if it's the latter then you're fucking making shit up because there's never been a thread story-timing Ms. Muslim in the past year.

The author is pakistani and she's the one who wanted to make her a muslim. It's the artist that's a white muslim.

Oh no, somebody stop her.

Neither did Barry Allen, Ted Kord, Kyle Rayner etc.

I've been right here the whole time, casuals.

He's probably one of those faggots that outright denies very observable trends for (you)s.
A "pretend" retard so they say
Deny him the dopamine rush

Maybe having the same powers and being connected to the Speed Force has something to do with that? And just because other characters have done it before doesn't mean it's forgivable to do it or any less of a problem that the writers are so creatively bankrupt that they keep reusing names to ride the coattails of other legacies.

You've run out of arguments about Kamala Khan and now you're down to arguing about other stupid shit. She's a bad character written in a shitty way. The fact that she's made of the same mistakes and poor decisions as other characters is further evidence that she's shit. Not that she's actually good.

G. Willow Wilson is the white Muslim and writes Ms Marvel. The "author" you're thinking of is actually its editor, Sana Amanat.

I'm not the one that brought up her being a legacy character as a negative. Considering how vague you're being with your criticisms, it sounds like you're the one running out of arguments, probably because you never read the comic in the first place.

I guess it's ok to call shit "delusional" when it's not some conspiracy theory about kikes.

There were far more:
All of these were featured SJW crap, and some were already mentioned in this thread

In which month? The most Marvel published this year was 110 books in May. Normally they are under 100 titles per month, usually about 90 in recent years. Number of titles per month usually used to be lower until recent years.

Where you were in the last years? Because it's 100% sure not on Holla Forums! Are a baiter?

Or when you claim Marvel's not really SJW when most, if not all, of their employees are demonstrably SJWs

It's either bait or he's one of those shills who claim Marvel's only doing SJW shit for the money. Which is clearly false, because they've had the worst year they've had in a long time due largely to their line-up

I think it's obvious that he's been on cuckchan. I've seen this kind of pseudo-argument bullshit on other boards in the last few days. Some faggot making an issue out of typical board banter about SJW shit being cancer to the industry, making these half-assed dismissals of shit we've all discussed to death like we're the ones who showed up out of fucking nowhere to complain about nothing.

My predictions for 2018 are only one: they'll double down on marxism.

Hi, Moshe. How's weather in Tel-Aviv?

TTG is from WB, which has more IPs than, yet CN often treats them indifferently at best. What made TTG so special I'll never know

They were trying to do it for the money, at least to save money, by using bleeding heat danger hair yuppie SJW writers who will work for peanuts as long as they get to shill.
I've always said trying to make a profit by cutting costs is retarded. You make a profit by MAKING MORE MONEY. That way you can pay decent artists and writers and everybody wins.

That was called "Black Panther and the Crew". It was shit-canned before the first issue was released.

I think a lot of this "SJWS CONTROL COMICS" shit is because we're getting a bunch of off-boarders in for the winter break who don't understand how comics work or what constitutes cancellation. They think that comic book companies would just cancel low selling books without considering accumulating enough material for a TPB.

What the fucking fuck.

It's fucking 2014 all over again.

The last thing anyone running Marvel or DC wants to do spend a big bunch of money on talent and risk another Image rebellion. Especially when they can outsource comic art to Brazilians for cheap.

Hey Holla Forums

Image already exists, you fucktard. Along with several other independent publishers. Marvel and DC lose absolutely nothing by hiring top-tier talent.

Except she never said anything about getting more people to read comic books. She said she wanted more women involved in the comics industry. She specifically mentioned how women didn't feel comfortable at conventions and comic shops. Unless you've lived under rock you'd know that it's exactly this reasoning that precedes 'We need to create a safe space' and other justifications for infiltration and subversion.

She's not a legacy character, though. Now you're just going in circles. I don't know how much more specific I have to get with my criticisms before you drop your faggoty centrist shtick where you try to prove how no one can have a negative opinion of a shitty book with awful writing, inconsistent art, and unlikable characters, wrapped in shitty editorial and author politics because.. what? She shares a minor similarity to other characters being replaced? Because we're not explicitly recounting every event in her publication history with a panel by panel analysis?

Fuck off, you quadruplenigger.

SJWs obviously don't control comics on the business and financial management level. However, they do have significant creative control. For example, most editors and all assistant editors at Marvel are SJWs. So are many senior writers, like Slott or Waid. They advise Ike (if his new role still involves decision making) on what is popular with kids and millenials these days, and if Ike says that he wants an Inhumans book, it will be written by SJWs, edited by SJWs, and marketed by SJWs.

Another areas of their influence are comic book reporting, HR departments in companies themselves, and social media presence. Write a book that SJWs deem offensive? You will be slandered in the news, slandered on social media, companies will be pressured to cancel your book, and it will be tougher to find a job in the future. You might even get blacklisted from conventions and industry as a whole. Higher ups might not care about your views, but hiring someone who will bring in negative PR and cause unrest among your employees is not a smart business decision.

Thing is, many of these books go on for longer than they should if decisions were made purely based on profit. America should be done after six issues and Hellcat should not have lasted nearly as long as it did. Both of them sold poorly and everyone but bloggers had low opinion of them, so what makes Marvel think that there will be enough demand to warrant more than one TPB?

Top-tier talent usually know their worth, and thus would demand more money, more creative freedom, bigger royalties, and possibly some creator ownership. All of that is the antithesis of the big two's business practices.

Image is the best example because it was one of the few times Marvel actually tried to keep talent. They were paying Todd McFarlane, Rob Liefeld, and Jim Lee a million dollars, each, to work exclusively for Marvel, only for them to demand more ownership and jump ship. Marvel got burned and got back in line with the industry standard of treating talent as completely disposable.

Either way, it's irrelevant. The comics market is so bad that they'd be like parasites trying to suck blood from a dead cow.

Slott, Waid, and others of upper editorial aren't some danger haired bisexual college student who wants to write about trannies. They're industry professionals. They've been in comics for decades and have managed to survive long enough to be successful. They might be left-leaning, they might espouse social justice views, but when it comes to their job, they're going to focus on trying to sell comics. The sjw shit is not going to be a hill they're going to die on. Especially when you consider the down-turn in Marvel Comics cost the editor-in-chief, Axel Alonso, his job.

As for the HR departments, social media, and comics news, they're all jokes. HR in comics is virtually non-existent, social media only matters when comic shops care about it, and comics news wishes they were relevant, to the point that they've tried several times to create a "comicsgate" of their own.

Again, cancellation threshold is based on two significant numbers: the number of units sold and the issue number. For example, America #6 sold 9,548 units, which is above our current estimate of Marvel's shit-canning number of around 6,500.

You also have to understand that Marvel puts out so many titles a month that the lower selling comics start to pay for themselves and generate pure profit. The sheer amount of comics DC and Marvel are able to throw on the market is why they're the only companies that actually profit from floppy comics.

Just stop, Moshe, you're too bad at damage control. Come back when you learn to be not so blatant.

I would have agreed two years ago, but it is hard to when Slott puts crap like pic related in his books, Waids' Champions has a storyline about a prison for non-whites with murderbot guards made to look like white people, and being a danger haired bisexual college student who wants to write about trannies is a prerequisite for getting hired at Marvel.

No they aren't. Marvel pulled Manara cover, as well as Heroes for Hire covers because of media and social media losing their minds over these. Landis' story from DC's Christmas special was also pulled when flimsy accusations of sexual harassment started on social media, it did get restored after people who pre-ordered started to complain and accusations turned out to be flimsy. That shit can also get you banned from cons or avenues that cons are hosted at, and many artists make a decent amount of many off of those.

How do you explain many other books that got shitcanned when selling twice of what America did at issue #6? How about All-New Ghost Rider which was cancelled at Issue #5 and was selling better than any of the other All-New books? Hellcat was cancelled at issue #17, and Silk at #19. None of these fit into six-issue trade convention and all of them were selling much better than America did at issue #6.

Oh you stupid faggot. MARVEL NEVER PULLED THE MILO MANARA SPIDER-WOMAN COVER. It was released in 2015 and you can buy it where-ever back-issues are sold. They also never pulled any Heroes for Hire covers. Assuming you're talking about the Sana Takeda tentacle cover for Heroes for Hire vol.2 #13, then yeah, you can also buy it wherever back-issues are sold because it was released back in FUCKING 2007.

How fucking little do you have to care about the facts that you can't even do a google search to see if it actually happened?

Marvel has never gives reasons why they shit-can books, so it's left up in the air of why some books get canned while others keep getting printed. From what we can put together from published comic sales, books generally get canned after they sell below a certain number and get enough issues for trade paper-back. If a book gets cancelled without meeting those conditions or keeps getting published in spite of them, then it's a fucking mystery.

Hopes for 2018
>Bendis fucks up spectacularly at DC. He turns Robin into a nigger who Bruce Wayne goes gay foe, then Robin becomes trans or something. Even the SJW comics news sites mock it (though mainly because it's a (((white))) guy writing niggers). This backfires, from the SJW's perspective, by causing DC to implement incredibly harsh, "no sacred cows" editing on every script. A bunch of people huffily quit… and just get replaced, perhaps by talented newbies who don't mind having their scripts bashed into shape by experienced editors.

Predictions for 2018

I want WW to get buffed for 2018
imgur.com/r/fitgirls

Unnff, yes

Was using two artists alternating every six issues or every other issue ever tried in American comics? Good artists like Cho and Hughes are usually slow, but if they would have two months to pencil a comic, it could be sustainable for more than few issues.

That's what probably will end up happening, or Disney will just use him as a fall guy for unpopular decision that have to be made. Afterwards he will either be demoted or let go.

I don't think so. Considering his background, Cebulski was brought in because Disney is looking for that sweet, sweet foreign talent. You know, the foreign talent that works long hours for shit pay.

DC Films goes back to just making standalone superheroes, while keeping that version of Wonder Woman

I want Injustice game where they actually fight rather than flail around drunkenly;
youtube.com/watch?v=gbNWb-vmlB4

I think its because it seems better than the New 52 in comparison so people end up exaggerating it with that comparison.

Literally Taqiyya the character.

Don't think even early 2000s Batman were this bad. They certainly weren't this pretentious

2000s Batman at least had Ed Brubaker for a while until Hush fucked it up.

Hell, I can't even say Rucka was this bad. At least he had some grounded plots behind all of the melodrama.

At least Hush was readable, had an all-star artist and a who's who of Batman heroes and villains.

This just reads like the writer is a thwarted creative writing graduate. I don't really see why people are up in arms about Bendis. Yes, he's awful but he's honestly no worse than these people

God this relentless faggotry.

Well thank you for giving me a stomach ulcer just from imagining that nightmare scenario.
But considering the series was cancelled as of the 6th issue and not even the people who hated it (who were giving it the most attention) cared anymore, combined with the already slim chances of a new Shadow movie ever coming out anytime soon (thank God), this isn't happening by a long shot.

Hush lead to Hush Returns, which was a crime against humanity.

Anything Hush after Hush was a crime against humanity, with the possible exception of Heart of Hush by Paul Dini.

Hush wasn't really about Hush anyway

I have a feeling Hush was actually supposed to be Jason Todd, but DC got spooked and changed it.

Then Marvel pulled the trigger and brought Bucky back, leaving DC to play catch up.

Where is the issue there? Explain for comic newfags please.

Hush itself was a crime against humanity for spawning Thomas Elliot
This abortion of a character should have died in his own storyline (that wasn't even about him and had him upstaged at the end)

The Joker running naked to a carnival isn't offensive enough for you?

Hush Returns is mostly about Hush being the most badass villain Batman has ever faced, which includes him beating the shit out of the Joker. However, as awful as that was, the main plot of the book is the Joker safeguarding the Riddler so he can find out who murdered his wife. That's right, Hush Returns MADE THE KILLING JOKE'S ORIGIN CANON.

It's the start of the decline of modern Batman. Stuff like Hush and Bruce Wayne Fugitive were bad, but this is so much worse.

Oh hey it's Prometheus. What a twat.

Ok basically the problem is, that Joker is a pussy in this one?

Also: Joke's on you (heh), I like Killing Joke to be canon… however, I don't like Joker caring about his old life and being all sentimental about it.

The Killing Joke itself can be canon, sure, but

How is it that Nolan understood this better than the people who write the fucking comics?

To this day I still find it baffling how Hush is somehow able to be both an insufferable Villain Sue and yet a villain so pathetic that he was not even the real villain of a storyline literally named after him and meant to sell him as the ultimate badass, and that his only actual accomplishment was killing off Harold (and even that was undone).
It's astonishing how bad of a character Hush is and that he has actual fans.

here's a rather odd prediction that could be considered either good or bad depending on how you see it