Warcraft movie

saw the movie from some russian cam
its pretty shit
even from someone who play wow since classic to cata.
in terms of trying to be close to the video game.
no priest
no paladins
no hunters
no shamans
very little of mages almost underwhelming there was more portal magic then anything else
shit ton of warriors
1 warlock
very little presents of other races but plenty of fucking green orc chick. i swear i felt like the movie was centered around her then anyone else

but I guess its closer to the first warcraft games and not WoW. so all the WoW drones who only played WoW are gonna go like huh this ain't wow

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/y0hxX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was doomed from the start

When I was a kid I loved Warcraft 2 and I repeatedly read the manual over and over.

I was really into the medieval, grim idea of it more than the silly aspects.

When WC3 came out, it started getting a little silly though. WoW was [fun] but even more silly. Now there's pandas.

paladins didn't exist until after the First War with the Order of the Silver Hand
the only hunters were Rangers in Quel'thalas, not in Stormwind
Humans didn't even know shaman existed until Thrall.
who gives a shit
very few other races appeared until Warcraft 3.

i mean no the movie is shit though thats true

Is it fun-shit or boring-shit, though? I don't really care about the movie that much one way or another, but my IRL friends said that we should go watch it for fun.

I remember liking WC3 as a kid, but watching it today it's decently cringy, despite being from before the retcon era.

this tbh
it's gonna be shit but i still wanna watch it
can't stand the russian version though, gonna wait for it to come out in my country and go watch it with friends
mind as well see how bad it is, blizzard isn't gonna go bankrupt from not receiving a few of my shekels

Uhh, OP, that was always the idea. It's a movie about the first war, with it's lore completely butchered as it is, but still the first war.

kek

This.
Op, you mocked WoW fags for being oblivious to to Warcraft classic, while being oblivious yourself. Eat a dick.

Movie looks like the sort of fun-bad that would make it worth a pirate, though. Flashy and decently acted (from what I've seen in the trailers) with at least some decent lore to work with to keep the story from being too terribad. Will wait for the BD release in two months

Isn't this supposed to be about the first game? Orcs vs Humans? The only odds thing I found about this movie is that they kept the cartoony proportions for the orcs, but didn't bother with changing anything for the humans

i actually thought it was pretty good for what it was. obviously it's not some revolutionary movie but it's pretty accurate story-wise and i think it does what it's supposed to do pretty well. to be honest, i expected it to be shit but was pleasantly surprised. it's also just a neat fiction story without any shoehorned political views which is getting way too common nowadays

this wasn't a world of warcraft movie, buddy. it's the story from the first warcraft game where most units were melee/rider and some kind of ranged type units. fucking hell, this OP. how did you not know that before you went and saw the movie? feels like i'm talking to an underage

JUST

Durotan was never allied with humans.There were entire books on this with no mention of such a thing.

Refugee orcs didndu nuffin !

7/10 is a 3/10 in IGNese

There's nothing more cancerous than Holla Forums talking about anything that isn't vidgya.

Don't forget Asian elves.
It makes no sense lore-wise so I will assume it was diversity quota.

Also if I am not mistaken it is not lore-friendly, I watched some guy review it and he said it is a bit of alternative reality. I won't watch it so I won't confirm it.

It is 7/10 but scale starts at 5. Actual score is 2/5.

Nothing more newfag than you, bud

Those are all shit aswell.
Get some taste nigger.

what movie were you watching?

Looks like the shit tastes are on the other side
Get another board might as well, that i won't whine about, this one is shit

just watch it, I watched it on tuesday and it was hilarious to see the orcs beat up humans

while the story was quite average(yes, hollywood is that bad these days) the orcs were depicted perfectly just as I expected them to be

for a vidya adaptation it wasnt that bad

its fun-shit

plus you get a free wow key for a month just to see what a wreckball their mmo has become

Holy shit, how is this not straight to DvD release?

It's not bad advice. You don't beat roided out hulk-niggers in a fight with brute force, you have to use tactics.

right, well, i didn't see it but i guess you can find anything if you look hard enough.

user, it's lame.

Sounds pretty authentic to the games then. The fact that you all find things to get angry about when a video game movie manages to stay true to the tone of the source material is absurd.

By having human versions of greenskins. Duh.

Nice try marketer.

that's not how you spell imperial guard user
not sure if experienced fa/tg/uy triggering my autism or just accidental

In warcraft lore humans have been doing 1v1 with orcs since the dawn of that series.
And they didn't have to be ballerinas about it either.

Talking vague shit mid fighting sequence is by default lame.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I doub't anyone in Hollywood will stray from the canon of "human not strong ork strong and brave".

What are you talking about nigger?
Footmen and orc grunts have never been on even footing.
This isn't fucking 40k you dipshit.

Yes they have, in 1 & 2. And in WoW.
Though I prefer the assymetrical approach of WC3.

In lore, in wc1 and wc2 , which this movie is about, they have always been.
In lore this has continued to this day.

that's probably what he meant by 'tactics'

fuck, I feel bad for him

Found the white supremacist.

I'd like to stick that guy in a trench and see what he's made of

That would be the human protagonist, kid.

And what would that prove, user-kun?

They key is to win WITHOUT massive losses, user.

How come in all shitty medieval era movies the armours always look so shiny and new ?

How come armor never seems to offer any protection?

to be fair it's not very effective against hammers as big as you.

Weapons and armors are beyond ridiculous. I wont even go into turbo assburger mode and talk about historical accuracy or realism. But they just look too horrible, they look tacky just like those shitty Chinese sword toys.

UGH #GROANZONE

So it's a good adaptation of WC3 and WOW's design.

It's based on the human campaign from warcraft 1 you mouth breather.

Well, kinda but in those games it worked because whole art style was cartoony like that. But when they tried to make it live action it transitioned horribly. I still think it would be better if they made it cgi. In fact, considering those Overwatch movies Blizzard should stick to making cgi movies and become next Pixar.

Spoken like a true pansy who can't take a few casualties and keep on fighting.

Why is everyone cocking their head constantly?

The humans are mostly shit and badly cast. With the exception of the lead guy from Vikings and in places, the Guardian. Everyone else is pretty shit.

The Orcs are the biggest appeal. It starts out decent with them, but then they kind of get brushed aside for Ragnar Lothbroke to visit Ironforge, Stormwind and Goldshire. They then spend a lot of the movie just not really doing much. Even then the focus they put on the Alliance was mainly just the humans with some other races making brief cameos.

The trailers made it look like it was mostly about the Orcs, which could've made it better, but instead when they get to Azeroth, you mostly just hear about how they're fucking up the kingdoms but don't actually see any of it.

Because, contrary to popular belief, people actually looked after their armours. Kept them clean, repaired them, looked after them. Knights are men of honour, they wouldn't want to be seen looking all grubby, covered in shit and neither would the King want that.

Not to mention, it would've cost a lot of money for the equipment. Not looking after it would mean having to buy more.

Dude, they didn't use chromed steel like in the movies. At best they would have a dull shine not bling bling shit like in this movie.

Blizz was always the pioneer when it came to making cinematics.

I still can't get over just how bad the aesthetic looks. If you're gonna use a lot of CGI, just go full CGI. This half human cast and half CGI cast looks god damn awful, it looks fake and cheesy looking. Say what you want about Blizzard but they make great CGI shorts, they should've had whoever does their 2-3 minute trailers for every expansion and had them do a whole movie.

Is that a wooden axe?

To be fair, it's a Fantasy and there's a lot worse things in it than their armours, which at least look a little bit like they do in game.

Let's be real here, is there any way Holla Forums or Holla Forums wouldn't shit on this movie?

It would have to be a masterpiece to not get shitposted to death and even then it still would be shitposted to death.

I'm conflicted.
Has he just sold out? Does the movie show any qualities of the director himself? This is just a way to juice money out of the stupid public, isn't it? I bet the jews did this

It was watchable, but also really overrated, apparently.

Opium for the masses or disconnected pretentious fucks.

it's actually just a heavily edited episode of Power Rangers.

It has different vibes alright: different vibes of shit.

I'm actually happy this movie got panned.

Both.

The masses are always retarded. The critics are retarded 50% of the time. If the critics and the masses agree, the movie is always shit. If they disagree, they movie is still shit. Every movie is shit.

The WoW babbies or the regular Blizzdrones?
Because I can't imagine anyone else.

does real stand for "selling good reviews"?

Holy shit, that is pretty funny.

WE WUZ

critics are usually retarded but actually reading the reviews of one or more critics across a group of movies typically gives you a decent idea if the movie will be good or bad. as long as you stick to a few critics and read their reviews instead of just going off number ratings they can be helpful.
of course it's as easy to just pirate a cam and see how terrible the movie is for yourself.

Or not watch the movie at release like an impatient retard. Give it a few months and watch it online somewhere.

Not ever shitty movie is a Hobgoblins or 80s Clash of Titans (Horrible as fuck, yet entertaining with or without booze).

Only if you have a lot of money.

To be fair, hammers big as you wouldn't be effective weapons.

I keep hearing ads for this piece of shit in Fistful of Frags. Never mind the hackneyed writing: why is there dubstep in a trailer for a generic fantasy movie?

It's boring shit. As someone who had the misfortune of being invited by my brother yesterday i can tell you that the whole film is a regular WoW trailer but only longer and it has real actors in it. Reminds me of early cheesy C&C cutscenes in some way. The story constantly skips forward. Oh and Garona always acts as a stronk ork womyn who need no men. The only part i liked were the effects on spells. I had to leave halfway though. My eyes were hurting like crazy because i never saw a 3D movie in my life before.

Astartes don't need commisars for a reason.

fun-shit

The best way to view the movie is as someone who has played WoW and kind-of knows the lore. The film does feel very Warcraft-y, all the scenes do match up with their WoW counterparts and seem like a more grandiose, "real" version of them. The orcs are pretty awesome, they look and act how you'd imagine them to and they do some pretty gruesome shit. All the cameos are cool/funny, I guess, and I do think the movie has a similar tone to the games.

But the problem is the lore. If you don't know the game, the film moves too fast and doesn't really explain anything. It rapidly drops names and switches through locations like you're already supposed to know where and what they are. If you know too much you're going to be irritated that things don't happen how they should. The lore is all over the place and hardly matches up at all with the games at all.

The real Clash of the Titans is a good movie, though. What are you talking about?

None of the factions in 40k are ever on even footing. It's one of the outstanding distinguishing features of the game. Did you get that shit confused with Dune for the Sega Genesis?

they just need chaplains and librarians

Chaplains are more for chapter creed than anything else.
AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO FEAR!

Are you doubting the Emperors words?

Unless I'm thinking of some other panned 80s movie involving Greco-Roman shit, critics hated the original Clash, yet the audience loved it.

Woah, so this is Warcraft?

Pretty sure that Leeroy Jenkins was supposed to be in it before they decided to make the movie super serious instead of being almost comedic.

between blizzard and hollywood this movie never actually stood a chance

They would if the guy wielding them has the strength to use them effectively like… if he was a fucking orc made of pure muscle.

"be smarter" he says as he leaves his back exposed in the middle of a fight

its pretty easy to talk tough about a dead guy like that

He was in the original script.

I don't know why these retarded execs ever think that a nerdy thing being grimdark and serious can be pulled off well. It only worked ONCE, with the christopher nolan batmans. Every other time, it's failed. And every time someone takes a comedic approach, it succeeds.
Marvel movies. Funny. Success.
DC movies. Grimdark. Failures.
Lego movie. Funny. Success.
GI Joe. Grimdark. Failure.
Angry Birds, even having completely cancerous source material, went the comedic route and wasn't totally unbearable.

You can't make movies about nerdy shit and take yourself seriously at the same time. Smart people who are into games and stuff love humor because they get enough grimdark bad feelings from the casual existential dread in their daily lives, and putting up with normalfags. We want good feelings from our entertainment.

Buy you know what I mean right? Like all the actors are trying really hard to over-act. At each of these moments they do these little head-cocks. The trailer was loaded with them too, even in this very scene during the trailers there are head cocking scenes. Then later when fighting under lightening or whatever. These are just the trailers and clips I've seen.

What are you talking about? Their heads dont look like no cocks i've seen and i've seen plenty.

For fuck's sake.

this.

that's priests and mages, nigger.

Blizzard are Jews, they have the money.

He's right. Cocks have more feathers on them, and scales. More like Murlocks than Orcs.

Stop using grimdark as if everything depressing or world ending is in that category.
Grimdark is much worse and very few settings fit the description. You can't apply it to GI Joe or Marvel movies.

tbh fam the real person interaction with cg looks pretty good

that said, it looks like a fan film with a huge budget

the costumes are terrible

Nope.jpg
Strength doesn't magically solve all problems with oversized weapons.

it's for cutting metal trees.

Oh Jesus fucking Christ, that's not what war axes looked like. The axes that had heads that large were wood axes.

(checked)

Blizzard is nothing compared to Disney empire

Orcs should be getting their shit wrekt. Orc is shit, and they ain't no "noble savages" they're straight up fukkin' brutal war pigs that deserve to be slaughtered.

screw retcons

Hopefully movie critics will be able to make some research and come to the comclusion that Warhammer has existed longer than warcraft. It's video game "journalists" you need to watch out for.

So you're saying it's historically inaccurate?

Not going to ever watch this shit, but tell me how close I am.

brown orcs are mostly dindus, green are the bad ones

other than that, spot on

God damn that scene was so well made and that was in 2002.

Not even fucking being subtle about it. I'm almost hoping that, "Orc lives matter" is an actual line.

It's the only reason I want the Warcraft movie to succeed. Maybe Games Workshop will smell the potential shekels and start a movie of their own. On the other hand…

>Games Workshop in charge of making a Warhammer 40k ULTRAMAH-REENS! movie.

The angry bird movie is good.

"not orc lives matter" per say, but yeah, they basically spot that rhetoric

also, be prepared to here "my/our people" A SHIT TON

Warcraft is racist.

archive.is/y0hxX

The story was boring and poorly executed.The CGI ranged from absolutely terrible to great depending on the shot. Nobody in the entire theater laughed at the embarrassing attempts at jokes. It had some cool fight scenes, but I would not watch it again.

Don't spoil the fun, he doesn't have the spoiled memories we do. Go along, maybe have some shots before hand to loosen up a bit, and just enjoy the time. Heck, it might even bring some valuable bonding.

No shaman? No iconic orc shaman. Well shit, i know its been along time sense i played but orc shamans had a big role in the whole demon blood thing right?

why bring politics into this?
As opposed to a medieval europe where the population is mostly african-americans?
Is this guy for fucking real? Can't a company make a movie just to milk its own franchise instead of trying to push a political agenda?
This isn't fucking Angry Birds, it's not completely blatant, I'm fairly sure it was not in their masterplan, if anything it's the complete opposite with muh dindus and muh half-orc.
So they're just complaining about random shit to cry "U RAYCISS!".

They're just trying to do their best to imitate the Shaft head tilt in a way that's humanly possible.

Everyone knows Duncan Jones loves the animus and the mangos.

Looks dumb fun enough for a pirate of the blu ray I guess.

but annon they did that

70 min of this shit

Probably because of sub-par actors and extensive use of CGI. They overact to compensate for the lack of real interaction (be it background/environment or fellow actors) and so any nuance is thrown out the window. Or they just wanted to stylize the hell out of it like said.

My laughter is a thin disguise for pain and fear.

Orc didn't become dindus until 3, boy.

Isn't he shaking the head in that one?
The movie might be a turd, but don't lie with fake "examples", you fucking faggot.

You fucking what, mate? They changed so much shit that I don't even know where to start. It's the same story, yes, but only at a very, very basic level.

I mean, it was exactly what I expected and I liked it for it, but let's not get silly here.

Why, Blizzard? When did it all go so wrong? Even if the storyline was shit overall, Wings of Liberty was my favorite game by you people because it was a fun, schlocky spaghetti western in space. I would've watched a full-length Starcraft CGI movie any day of the week. Why did you have to fuck the Warcraft universe harder than you already have? Is it just for the money? Has it always been for the money, Blizzard?

Fuck, man.

This always irks me in movies. Anytime anyone (on either side) has the opportunity to end the fucking fight they always do some stupid shit like HILT PUNCH INTO GLOAT or some equally retarded shit, giving the other person time to retaliate. And that usually ends up costing whoever it was the fight because muh dramatic fight.

Can't they just make fights better choreographed to be…better?

I seem to remember from WC3 lore, that Orcs were pretty terrified by Knights on Horses.

Like they had a pretty fun time bashing normal Human Infantry, then they got run over by Knights on Horses and then their little Invasion stopped being fun for them.

Kill yourself and your entire line. You are a disgrace to the human race.

It's partially reflected in the games. Human knights are the strongest ground unit the humans have. In all versions.
Orcs always have something else, be it ogres or taurens. Their riders are shit.

WARLORDS N SHEIT

You can watch the webm blizz shill.

I'm going to see it simply because i've been waiting for years. even if it's horrible I'll be sure to get some good laughs out of it

what happened to neesan

niggers

fun
fun