So I finally got myself an old xbox but came to find that there weren't to many exclusives on the console...

So I finally got myself an old xbox but came to find that there weren't to many exclusives on the console. I've already ordered Ninja Gaiden Black but what are some other exlcusives worth owning?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downloadable_content#On_consoles
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Xbox
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

midtown madness 3 and JSRF are the ones off the top of my head that i know are gems. as for ports though, xbone had basically the best ever. can highly recommend the ty series, maybe sanic heroes, spongebob squarepants battle for bikini bottom, and scooby doo night of 100 frights.

Panzer Dragoon Orta. I would have said Oddworld but it has since been rereleased on next gen consoles and pc.

Because I love the Xbox OG so much, I'll spoonfeed you, next time use google faggot.

JSRF
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Shenmue 2 (US only)
Gun Valkyrie
Metal Wolf Chaos (Japan only)
Midtown Madness 3
Ninja Gaiden Black
Halo 1 and 2
Amped 1 and 2
Phantom Dust
Crimson Skies
MechAssault 1 and 2
Otogi 1 and 2
Rallisport Challenge 2
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Blinx the Time Sweeper
Voodoo Vince
Conker Live and Reloaded
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Unreal Championship 2
Best version of every 6th gen game

Went ahead and ordered Panzer Dragoon and JSRF.

That's a pretty solid list. I actually did look it up as well as get a "Holla Forums's recommended" pic, but most of the stuff was either on other consoles, pc, or it was questionable quality.

Also, anyone know if pic related was any good?

Thousand Land
Mad Dash Racing
Stubbs

Oh shit I probably lost half a year to those two games as a teenager.

I'll post most of the worthwhile exclusives along with other games that alot of people didn't know where on the original Xbox. Here you go OP.

You know, i recall this thread were some Nintendrone was shitting on the ecksbawks saying it had no games while claiming that the GC had more worthwhile exclusives which is hilariously not true and sadly most of Holla Forums seems to believe this too.

Breakdown might be fun. It gets hard as fuck by the end though. I never managed to beat it completely but the game looked gorgeous and there is a even a part where you can touch the breasts of your female ally in the dark.

You've sure got some shitty taste.

Let them believe what they want. It keeps the games & console cheap.

Only niggers and autists play fighting games, and fable and jade empire are available on the PC in significantly better forms.

Xbox is shit.

faggot detected

These were better graphics wise & had extras.

SH2 greatest hits got all of the extras without any of the shitty blurring from the xbox version.

Nigger are you seriously recommending that anyone play morrowind on a fucking xbox? Enjoy those awful bugs and 5+ minute load times once you've played for more than a couple of hours.

And then there's this faggot.

Splinter Cell

Although it's considered heresy, I'd say you should pick up a copy of MechAssault 1 and 2.

They weren't cannon in the Battletech universe, but we're great games that pushed the boundaries of what the console was capable back in the day.

Spiderman 2. It's technically not an exclusive, but only in the same sense Dead Rising isn't a 360 exclusive because Chop Till You Drop came out on the fucking Wii.

Just get the fucking game, trust me.

But the Xbox did have the best version of every sixth gen game. Even your :^) game is wrong, since MGS Substance on Xbox is the best version of MGS2.

ayy

well shit. I was going to order Fatal Frame II directors cut, then I saw the price. Did the ps3 version of the game have the directors cut content by any chance?

Especially Otogi 1 and 2.

would you say 1 or 2 is better?

PS2, GC and Xbox were the last good consoles.

2 is an improved game but honestly they're both great. From Software's one-off titles were probably their best ones.

Didn't know they were from Fromsoft. Guess I'll be getting them both.

I'd say 1 is better, but not by much. 2 has different characters to choose from, more content, etc, however I preferred the missions of 1. You should still play both and in sequence.

There is one really good 1v1 boss battle that appears in both games, but the first one is better.

The first xbox was surely the pinnacle of bad cover art.

metal wolf chaos, thousand land, otogi 1 & 2, and Murakumo Renegade Mech Pursuit are fromsoftware xbox exclusives. Excellent games.

Worked on MY machine.

I heard Murakumo sucked and played like those old FMV games for the Sega CD.

JSRF

UNDERSTAND, UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF LOVE

Fuck off autist.

If you enjoy playing games on a tv, i'd recommend buying multiplats as well, xbox for the most part had the definitive versions of most multiplats.

your xbox is fucked fam

Phantom dust for sure.

I haven't played anything like it since.

Xbox had the best version of every sixth gen game that was not also ported to PC.

Substance is on PC.

My pick for best exclusive and probably one of the most impressive titles on that generation of consoles.

Shit is beautiful, the mechanics are pretty unique, it has fucking environmental destruction and it's pretty damn fun.

Lost first disk, second got scratched and wouldnt play final boss. Third worked, only took me 8 years to see the end.

I got the nude patched version. Fapped. Then deleted it.

Isn't it amazing how most XB games still hold up and look so well compared to most PS2 titles.

Let us not forget pic related, also an absolute must

Gunvalkyrie always appears on these lists and the game is unplayable fucking garbage.

gud you have opinion gud jarb

You can also apply that to about half of multiplat 6th gen games on PC.

Fuck me I knew I forgot about Breakdown, KUF, and PGR. Committing suduko.

Murakumo fucking sucked, it was basically a tech demo for FromSoft to test out the Xbox.

Gamecube is better because fuck xbox live and every game that supports it is now neutered to shit.

Reminder that multiplats were always better on the xbox.

Gas yourself, Nintencuck

I'll second that.

The one afterwards (Circle of Fire?) changed the gameplay completely and ruined it- But Crusaders was incredible for it's time.

Heroes came out afterwards. I assume it was the same gameplay right?

Circle of Doom was the one on 360 that I think ruined the gameplay.

Just end yourself microshill

So here's another one that's highly divisive- Operation: Flashpoint - Elite.

Yes, we all know that you could get the PC version which had better draw distance and mods etc… But it will still stand as the single most complex and involved game to be released at the very end of the consoles life.

It also included all the Expansions for Operation: Flashpoint, Like Red Hammer and the civilian campaign as well.

I remember this one game where you gave orders to a squad of four or five modern solders. It was pretty neat at the time before the whole industry was up it's own ass with modern shooters. Anyone remember It's name?

I can't remember to be honest.

I was just a shitty teenager back then. I think I played the one after The Crusaders on an Australian Official Xbox Magazine demo disk and realised they changed the formula completely to 4(?) player top down hack and slash.

I could be extremely wrong though, so take it for what you will.

Ah Full spectrum warrior + Ten hammers games, another game that has fucking DLC(though supposedly you can download it off a certain demo disk). i remember a time where people were bitching and moaning about WW2 games.

Beat me to it…

Thanks user.
I didn't even know it had DLC

I kinda miss it.

The Crusaders and Heroes work the same way, Heroes is basically a standalone expansion for The Crusaders.

The one that fucked up was Circle of Doom for 360.

Just eat an exhaust pipe Nintencuck

Just eat the curve Microcuck

Everyone knows this. THPS games on the sexbox were the best, they had motherfucking grass sprites!

The xbox was the best console of its gen but failed to be a cheap dvd player like the ps2 so the ps2 got all the games. I would love if Ace Combat was on the xbox.

It's not really that, so much as xbox failed to make a dent in Japan, so jap devs just made games for the PS2 and gamecube.

I know you Nintencucks are lazy and tech illiterate, but come on.

My condolences for your purple lunch box being last place in the 6th gen

You know you're a cuck when you start to sound like a normalfag from reddit

How's dick riding Miyamoto working out, Nintencuck?

How's dick riding Miyamoto working out, Nintencuck?

>Thinks paying 4.99 for content cut directly out of the game is same thing as some shitty unlockables you can just unlock with a gameshark
Someone who has THIS much trouble posting is clearly a redditor.
Having trouble getting used to this place i see, /r/skyrim isn't

your new is showing

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downloadable_content#On_consoles

You know you're a cuck when it's ok when Nintendo does it :^)

Read the thread, OG xbox had the best mulitplats, especially when most of the PC versions were an afterthought.

No, that's actually a legitimate complaint you niggers. Substance has it's problems. the Tanker level chugging like shit is one of many problems. Besides the controls being slightly weird for someone used to a PS2 controller.

Though because of the transition to a Dual Layered DVD caused Substance on both PS2 and Xbox to run slightly worse than the original Sons of Liberty. running slightly worse does not mean that game is unplayable you monkeys.

While Substance o Xbox was the first time I played an Metal Gear, I was disappointed to find that for some reason the Xbox version removed Skateboarding, despite being advertised as having it.

After the experience of earlier threads it's clear that only one other user besides me knows and loves it but c'mon people, I know there are more HUEGfags here, just give it a try. Best fast mecha vidya in existence.

Reminders:
>Holy gets arm lasers with an expensive used SV at day 16 or was it day 13?, invest accordingly, OP as fuck

Try it HUEGfags, it's fun

EVERY THREAD
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Xbox

Every fukken time

That doesn't change what OP was asking for

You are a moron

>vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Xbox

sorry you're both too dumb to know how to use pcgamingwiki

I knew I wasn't crazy. I remember reading that preview. They were saying the skateboard was going to be exclusive to the Xbox along with the VR missions & a few other things.

I was hype for MGS2 Substance, all that promised extra shit plus the Xbox version should of looked a whole lot better than the PS2 version. Was finally going to play as Snake on the Xbox (lol, little did I know then..). I was disappointed with the visuals & skateboard/extras being cut to be honest (). Lazy ass Konami. I really dug the game though.

Had alot of fun playing that game with my brothers. Those levels mannnn. Need to pick up a copy for the Xbox collection. Forgot that was an exclusive, funny as fuck.

How is the campaign? How many hours is it?

How interesting, would you say it should be removed from the recommended games list considering the issues? I imagined the port would have been the same or better than the PS2 version.

I'm planning on adding midtown madness 3. Anyone have any other recommendations?

It's still a decent port, the slowdown only really occurs during the Tanker when you're in the rain, and it's still got hundreds upon hundreds of VR Missions, plus it's in 480p (PS2 is interlaced and blurry) and features Dolby 5.1 surround sound during the whole game (PS2 only has it during cutscenes).

what the fuck?

it's there, just with different cover art. I wouldn't forget one of the best games on the system.

ah, i took a second look and found it, my bad.

I like that cover more. Is it official?

Seriously tho, the character models and cloth animation as well as all that fancy shading and beautiful HUD. This is just something else.

i'm not sure, but i think it might be the EU or JP cover, but photoshopped with the ESRB logo and stuff. my own copy's cover looks like the one on the chart. always hated how it has the OXM quote right on the front, looks tacky and cheap.

quotes always look tacky. I'll check mobygames.

They had nothing, but looking up PAL and JP covers…appears to be a limited edition release cover, presumably for Japanese/Chinese/SEA regions.

yeah, this cover is ten times better. too bad we didn't get it.

Shows off the character art very well, doesn't look like a Reboot-era 3D model compared to the American one. Definitely shows off how the game is quite stylized.

i wish there was a way to play this game online again. i miss it a lot. sometimes i fire it up and play against the AI but it's not the same.

you can still play online, it's just a matter of getting people together. The game supports system link, so you can do xlink kai.

Thanks for the list. Xbox really was the dreamcast 1.5.

Shenmue II

FYI, Puyo Puyo Fever is on there twice and doesn't Virtua Cop 3 require some hardware mods?

oops, I'll fix that ASAP.

Yes! It's still worth checking out if you go that extra bit for the 128MB mod. Not everyone will be able to play it, but it's definitely worth making people aware of the game.

Added Midtown Madness 3 under Arcade Racing, removed duplicate Puypop Fever, and added a cute anime girl from CAT Cyber Attack Team.

The only reason to ever get an XBOX was to softmod it with Softmod Installer Deluxe and then install a shit-tonne of emulators and other cool programs onto the HDD. If you were really determined you'd put a bigger hard drive in there so you could rip games onto the HDD and play them off there.

This. I can't count the number of times someone says "hurb durp id's broked" without at least checking PCGW.

TFW XBMC renamed

Get the Xbox version of Double Agent.

I suppose it's technically not an exclusive since it was also on the PS2 but that version is easily superior to the PC/360/PS3 version.

There's also the exclusives we mentioned.

Wait, what? I'm in Japan and just got an Xbox. Does a softmod launch games from all regions?

The Xbox is shit for emulation because it doesn't output 240p. Use a Wii instead.

Is the Xbox silent Hill 2 better then the HD one?

Damn I missed that
Guess I'll look for it when I do my expert run

Dr. Muto was my shit back on gamecube

Don't tell us you bought the HD collection, you fucking sap.

You need to play pic related user, get it asap.

Phantom Crash has tons of VN style "cutscenes", otherwise it's combat in the same 3 arenas at day and night events. You really don't play it for story, you play to get new parts for your SVs and tune the ones you already have. So "how many hours" isn't exactly an applicable question. How many hours until you have all parts? Hundreds. How many hours until you have all parts in all variants of tuning? Tell me when you've reached that stage, I sure as hell haven't yet.

It would be nice if XBox-exclusives were labeled. Multiplats could be labelled as to whether they have PC versions or versions on PC-emulatable consoles, and if not, whether they have superior versions on newer platforms.

Isn't the Xbox port of Conker censored?

sadly some swears are replaced with beeping, but the game play is improved quite a bit compared to the original.

NO GREAT MIGHTY POO SONG

Sadly yes, but it sure is pretty.

Do it for the waifus and the super sentai tier plot and direction

You know that's possibly the only 'Holla Forums recommends' list I can't poke a single hole in. I also don't see any obvious omissions. Hell even shit like Stubbs is on there that most miss.

Obviously a good chunk of those aren't outright exclusives but that doesn't really matter.

Spoke too soon: Pandora Tomorrow should probably have a green background instead of a platinum one.

That's it though.

Why did the original Xbox get so many solid multiplats (or ports) with the PC that didn't change useless shit? Or more accurately why did that stop with the 360?

And why the fuck has The Warriors not been re-released for PC yet? I'd buy that now and I've sworn off giving those fucks money.

Simply put, it the most powerful 6th gen console at the time. It's CPU alone was than twice as fast as the PS2

The rights with the film probably have to be renegotiated. Which means renegotiating with Viacom, who own Paramount Pictures, the studio that released the movie.

Why would it be considered heresy? Both are great games.

I've never played a MechWarrior game, so it sounds like it had the name and maybe some entities but was nothing like the original series.

I imagine it would be a licensing nightmare, fortunately the game is in 720p on the Xbox, and it looks just gorgeous on the system. The main menu alone is something you can just sit back with it running while the wonder wheel spins, love it!

good suggestion, the problem is balancing everything, a lot of games are pretty fringe in their quality, but I think mentioning them is enough for people to decide whether or not they'll want to play them. I imagine they will take the time themselves to look into the games and see if they want to play them.