P.T kickstarted clone is canceled

twitter.com/AllisonRoad_HQ/status/739251685265117184

Well, didn't see that coming. Looked pretty impressive for a low budget game as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangasaurus.com/manga/1389/fuan-no-tane
thebooksofsand.blogspot.com/
mega.nz/#!fBcVxIhA!oFpKPIR7w6gXSoHp5oXnlMLcWkrDCypVklLQ1CAQoXs
mamaandbabylove.com/2011/06/15/how-to-sage-your-house/
shamanism-101.com/Ritual_Cleansing.html
christianpost.com/news/mexico-drug-cartels-in-regions-steeped-in-witchcraft-demonic-influence-68636/
leb.fbi.gov/2013/february/santa-muerte-inspired-and-ritualistic-killings-part-3
freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2424981/posts
shoebat.com/2016/03/31/mexican-drug-cartel-puts-human-beings-into-cages-with-lions-and-feeds-them-alive-in-roman-empire-style-cruelty-tens-of-thousands-of-christians-in-mexico-are-rising-up-to-fight-against-the-cartel/
freepdfhosting.com/28a68f3405.pdf
archive.is/fgOmU
web.mnstate.edu/shoptaug/Holocaust classes/Levi Auschwitz Reading.pdf
junji-ito-index.tumblr.com/the-index
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Damn, was looking forward to that

God fucking damn it.

R.I.P. to both projects

What a shame

How much you wanna bet Konami had something to do with this?

Great. Fuck those unoriginal faggots. Kojima kami na desu :^)

You're not helping.

well fuck
I've heard shit here and there about Kojima and Del taco wanting to make some kind of "not silent hill" so I really hope that turns into something
that being said thats twice I've had to see a beautifully rendered HD horror game get canned
I'm starting to think the universe has got something against it
guess we'll just be getting more Layers of Fear garbage until the end of time

Is a haunted meme. Allison Road had the memes of P.T. and then it also got cancelled, a game will be inspired by Allison Road and it will also be cancelled because its a meme than its not mean to be. An inhuman meme, a eldritch meme.

No way, there's plenty of first person horror games now. I just want to know why they canceled it, not like it looked terrible and didn't have hype behind it.

I just wonder if there are any good horror games coming out this year. I heard Dreadout had a new game out, but havent played either game

What was Layers of Fear like anyways? Was it just jumpscare shit?

Subnautica could be considered horror, even though the art style can be kinda off

Linear set of scripted sequences, writing on the walls, occasional jumpscares. You didn't miss out.

You mean Junji Ito? Someone post the one about the holes in the mountain. Also that one about the hikers, I'm in the mood for some spooks.

How about you just google it on your own?

That's his name. I'm in the mood for some spooks. Anyone want to share some stories?

How do we undo it?

much like this game you can tell it was heavily inspired by PT
but where Allison Road wanted to mend broken hearts by recreating the atmosphere and themes, Layers of Fear saw the shaky ghost lady, thought that was neat and made a game more centered around mindfuck set-pieces, and jumpscares
there are some okay bits here and there, but ultimately it has a vibe of taking itself far too seriously and never delivering anything
also I swear they shamelessly ripped the ghost death scene straight out of PT

Ahahahaha, i never cared.

=SUCK IT UP, FAGS!==

fuck off

t. every pussy ass IP infringing mod maker ever

Fucking wimps. In 1997 I was making a Quake mod called "Mario Mafia" and got some shit from Nintendo and I told them to suck my dick.

Well you cant. Thats the point, maybe the eldritch meme will be or maybe it will not be.

Did they?

How was it ip infringing? I don't think there was anything in PT that you could realistically copy.

I'll be right back.

And then user never came back BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

what? no. I just got to get my retainer in and a glass of water.

You want stories? Let me get drunk enough and I'll tell you some.

Russians are getting into this walking simulator bullshit, its matter of time for something with better graphics than PT to be made for PC

Because we're a community, user. We enjoy things together.

I was trying to make this into a spooky thread m8 and you ruined it

Just saw Hellraiser 2
Ashley Laurence a qt

Fuck off.

Eh, whatever. I'll dump them.

Excellent.

Didn't Steven universe do a parody of this shit? I remember seeing some webm about it

some of junji ito's faces wander into the realm of sameface, but i always liked the way he draws them

That'd actually be pretty rad if they did.

you can upload multiple images, user

I'm just pulling these from an online album. Besides, it's not the same with multiple pages.

It's getting spooky.

I'll start saging because I don't want to bump on something completely unrelated and clutter up the index.

It begins

This is a true spiritual successor guys, like Silent Hills, it also got cancelled

I forgot how creepy Ito's work is. He's one of the few people who can terrify me.

why do people insist on ruining smug anime girl complilations with men and or 3d?

No good can come of this.

thanks for the dump, user

Alright, it's 2 AM where I am. I'm going to go to sleep now.

You drunk enough yet?

Where are the remains

Yer a champ.

I've got some screencaps

I'm cozy but terrified.

Fuck/thank you.

That's pretty fantastic.

I get to this post and start reading it from right to left.

ha ha, immediately recognized the source, and I'm not even into chinese comics

I've got more.

It felt great.

Usually I get blocked by everyone I tweet to.
They're not all the same though, he was pretty cool about it, fanart IS fanart after all.

Only reason I even made a twitter was because there were so many fucking drama threads with twitter screencaps in them, I wanted a piece of that action

Please do.

because they are all japs

Are we posting spooks in this thread?

Glad you anons are posting horror shit in this thread. Its sending shivers down my spine, which I need given how hot it is tonight

That's my plan, Mr. Man.

Wow.
Looks like I'm not the only one, it sucks ass living in a desert area

I want more screencaps, but post more, I want to give this a read.

what the fuck

moar??

That was more sad than spooky being honest

It's actually from a big book o short stories, guess I'll post a few of my favorites.

This is it for my screencaps. I've got more, but they're in .txt files. Let me see what I can do.

Alright, liquored up enough. Here we fucking go.

is the left fungus story date real?

You can find all of the stories here

mangasaurus.com/manga/1389/fuan-no-tane

Thanks user, seems like this is a late night spooky time

Fuan No Tane unnerved me so much the first time I read it, I wasn't able to sleep at all that night.
Is there anything else on the same level? I've never been as spooked as I was that night I marathoned it.

Thats legit scary, even more so when you're isolated.

As much as people may hate being around people, its way safer and comforting than being in the middle of nowhere surrounded by spooky shit. Give me a noisy city over that.

Well that was pretty spooky.

Cities are worse, if you stay in certain areas.

I don't believe in all that native mumbo-jumbo, but even to this day I sage my house and put up mad dream catchers.

This first popped up on /x/ during the Summer of 2011. The author wrote more than a few stories and posted them on this blog. It's good for a long sit down.

thebooksofsand.blogspot.com/

The only thing I noticed in my city was a bunch of hipsters and asians. Still would prefer that to being in the middle of nowhere. Or heck, being in a small city/town where I'm only surrounded by houses with shopping districts closeby, and not a bunch of forests.

Why would you post a Junji Ito dump 1 fucking page at a time? Post 5 pages at a time. Jesus christ.

Fucking shit indie devs and their shit projects

Damn.
I'm lucky that it's 118 here then.
Currently 96.

Killed the mood, in a good way. Still spooky.

I did a thing
for you
mega.nz/#!fBcVxIhA!oFpKPIR7w6gXSoHp5oXnlMLcWkrDCypVklLQ1CAQoXs

I hope you like it.
Because it made me sad.

Try living with a schizophrenic brother that spews up all kind of shit when he's not right.

It's a curse, isn't it?

?

It's an herb.

He means he crushes up sage and spreads it around his house, because he's a fucking gypsy and he actually believes in that bullshit.

>>>/oven/

Can't into voodo magic?
mamaandbabylove.com/2011/06/15/how-to-sage-your-house/

shamanism-101.com/Ritual_Cleansing.html

C'mon user.

Checked.
Thanks for accompanying us in this beautiful night, satan.

Hey, it's worked for a good ten years now. You got any better suggestions against some possible demon cow eating dude? I'm all ears.

I'm Christian.

Hi, Christian.
It's nice to meet you!

"Christian"
Real Christians rebuke demons in the name of the Lord, pagan

Have you tried not believing in that mumbo jumbo?

For anyone who wants to save this story for a rainy day in a house by a forest.

Affirmation bias is fucking stupid.

I think drinking expired milk would just make the flu symptoms worse.

Cities are by far the worst places. Lived in San Fransisco when I was younger and in the pursuit of arming myself found a den of satanists in Chinatown.
My friend who was the kind of "urban exploration" faggot that rummages around in old buildings found a dead sodomized dog(that looked like it was killed in some kind of devil ritual) less that five miles away from where the Giants played ball.
I'd much rather deal with skinwalkers or whatever the fuck the barn burger guy was.

So I'm making my .txt files into images.

Which do you prefer:

Black text on white background or white text on black background?

Norther Wisco still have a massive native population. I asked some what I should do to prevent this thing from tracking me down and they recommended it.

And don't worry. I'm still praying for protection to Jesus.

Fucking hell I'm glad I live in the country so I don't have to deal with faggots like that

That's besides the point. A lot of people get this stupid fucking idea in their head . Sometimes shit just happens.

And that guy's story is bullshit in the first place, but nonetheless, the reasoning "THEY NEVER CAME BACK, IT MUST BE CAUSE I SPREAD A BUNCH OF SMELLY SHIT" is stupid. It's like saying "I WEAR A SILVER MEDALLION, SO IT'S WHY I'VE NEVER BEEN ATTACKED BY A WEREWOLF!" Or "I dress all in black, so I never encountered big foot."

Black backgrounds.
White backgrounds blaze too much.

M8
Stop doing pagan shit, please.
Thanks.

Deal. But if I find that dude rummaging in my fridge for my leftover burgers i'm gonna track you down and take a dump on your porch.

So you also don't know what satanism is, got it. You seem to think that satanism is occultism.

But no one infected with the flu is going to get better by drinking soiled milk. In fact, it would make them feel worse and they would realize the expired milk was the cause.

Had they drank fresh whole milk instead, they would get better reach the conclusion that drinking whole milk would heal them.

I got the fuck out of there the minute I hit eighteen. Living in a much smaller town now

Technically, you can drink milk up to one week after its expiry date. Expired milk isn't the same as curdled or moulded milk.

Tell me how a bunch of ching chongs milling about a baphomet statue isn't satanism.

Good.

I'm living a few miles out of a small city in Wisconsin. Although I want to leave the state really badly, it's my home and I don't want to leave it just yet.

Not many creepy stuff has happened since, but a few of my friends who are missionaries have a few interesting tales

Fuck you, fuck you.
FUCK. YOU.

You triggered my suppressed Mexican satanist cult horror stories.

I remember hearing about gang kidnapping young teenage girls and pre-teens and slitting their chest open like the aztecs, fuck,
Nope.

christianpost.com/news/mexico-drug-cartels-in-regions-steeped-in-witchcraft-demonic-influence-68636/

leb.fbi.gov/2013/february/santa-muerte-inspired-and-ritualistic-killings-part-3

freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2424981/posts
Also, off topic

shoebat.com/2016/03/31/mexican-drug-cartel-puts-human-beings-into-cages-with-lions-and-feeds-them-alive-in-roman-empire-style-cruelty-tens-of-thousands-of-christians-in-mexico-are-rising-up-to-fight-against-the-cartel/

Mexicans are crazy.

Devil worship is devil worship no matter what you call it

Yeah, no. Satanism is an actual legitimate religion, and it isn't black rites at midnight and goblets of blood. Shut the fuck up.

Anton LaVey was a fucking dumbass and an edgelord, but Satanism isn't what you believe it is.

I know, but the spooky Satanist Cult tales were fucking awesome, even if disturbing.

user.
Satanists are just a bunch of edgelords, most of them don't actually believe in all that mumbo-jumbo.

Wait, so what is "real" Satanism?

It's always portrayed as those murdering fellows with black robes or those autistic edgy ledditards.

Color me unimpressed

That wasn't it at all, looked more like a fucking social club for them. Like one of those restraunts where the booths have sliding doors if you've ever been to one.
The decorations and whatnot were clearly satanic in nature, whatever the legitimate kind is I probably wouldn't be able to differentiate from the illegitimate, they share a lot of the same imagery.

From what I understand, it's the former.

A bunch of "people" who think the worship of oneself is a real religion
Not your garden variety retards, they're made with real craftsmanship

I am >>>/christian/ so any kind of satanism looks pretty bad to me tbh.

Can we have real live events here?

Bonus points for newer shit

The caver int his video went missing after this video was made.

How did South America go so far down the shitter?

Satanism is pretty much just a satirical form of Christianity. They have their own ten commandments, and it reads like something you'd see on myspace or written by a Vampire the Masquerade player.

But the actual Satanist bible is really not much different from the Christian bible, because Anton LaVey was not a very creative guy. So instead of trying to come up with his own gospel, he just took the Christian biblical account and turned it on its ear. But it's an actual recognized religion, has tax exemption, and has quite a following.

People see the word "Satan" in Satanism and they immediately imagine The Exorcist. They're not a whole lot different from Christians, other than they don't do mass on Sundays and they do it at night. Which instantly gets ignorant fucks assuming "BLACK MASS AT MIDNIGHT, BLOOD SACRIFICE." But no.

Here's a first hand account of the recent Venezuelan upheaval

>>>/k/365973

I don't know, I just don't want them in the US of A.
These people are crazier than refugees.

Deepest Lore

I lived among them, and those guys are your normal folks, except they are more drunk and they tell you to be aware of weird stuff humping you out in several areas
For them creatures and lights grabbing your ass while hiking is for a beach bum going far away from the bay, do a lot of movement and get snatched by a shark
They don't rationalize what's behind those things, they have just accepted it since they were children, like many things we believe in
Once a local cop told me that disappearances and lights happened often, but because they didnt want to be ridiculized or thrown into the lol segment, they simply put overgeneralizations (incident: wildlife damaged Mr. Kangee's house) when said ol kangee saw some shit crawling in four legs humping his storage room
It's like Ball Lightning, it was for Yuros and about everyone else very real and happened often in stormy mountains, but up until 2012 the scientific field regarded it as a hoax and a myth, until some dudes found one by accident
Up until 2012 media said ball lightning was like denying the holocaust or saying 9/11 was an inside job, except in this case no minority gets offended

There's some shit out there in those forests, indians know because they were thrown there from time to time as punishment for being bad goys

This is exactly the reason why it's not a legitimate religion. If you're starting on a false premise, and everyone involved knows it, it's not a religion, it's a fanfiction/comedy club. That's no different from Redditors having mass for the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

>>>/k/366199
this thread is off to a good start, damn.

PICK
FUCKING
ONE

One word for you, son: Scientology.

What point are you trying to make? Nobody involved in Scientology knows that the premise is false until they're thousands of dollars in.

My point is that you can get just about anything recognized as a religion if you know how to go about it. Whether or not YOU consider it to be a legitimate religion, the IRS does. And that's all the legitimacy that they need. That's what I mean by "legitimate religion."

Come to think of it, if I was the dev, I would end up canceling this game just because it'd probably turn out to be shit beyond the demo.

Anyone have anything to add about how to make a good full horror game besides basic tension/release/escalate/repeat.

Any lessons from past games, good/bad?

It is a shame that Del Toro is a SJW.

STOP.

source?

Del Toro sperged out a while back about people calling Rey from the new star wars a mary sue and also did not like people making fun of the new ghost busters on his twitter if I remember correctly. This was a while ago though.

Del Toro is a faggot, and he can't even make a proper adaptation of Mecha.

That's sort of what happened.

Communism and black people
Not kidding

Well, Anno is making the new Goji, and a Goji Eva crossover movie is set, so we're all doomed.

evangelion 4.0 never ever with the way this is going fug.

This is what damage control looks like, hopefully you are just wrong.
Greenbaum speech look it up.

Whatever it is, its followers ought to be burned.

I remember when I first came to the US, I saw a black man and thought he had a skin defect.

I didn't know black people existed when I was in Mexico.
That's probably changed now, unfortunately.

I looked it up and got something about hypnosis.
Holla Forums has warned me about something called "hypno videos" should I be worried?

Kek. Scientology infiltrated the IRS to get that status. So I guess they really knew how to go about it.

Have fun with that, I suppose.

No more spoopy?

Continue

I just want to see if they can make something dumber than 3.0

Basically it has something to do with the Franklin Cult Abuse cover up and stuff. Yes, be wary and look up what i just mentioned.

should I listen to any recording of "the greenbaum speech" because I found one

Unfortunately, no.

Sure, what are you, a pussy? Involuntary hypnosis is impossible unless you're drugged.

Link it here.

I want more spoopy.

Hey you, post em

see, I'm not even sure if it's trying to hypnotize me.

here you go.

this thread devolved from spooky. I'm out.

Please post more spooky.

Pick one, fags. I bet if Gone Home had a fetus in the sink and a ghost girl you'd be giving it 10/10 you hypocritical cunts.

I remember someone from us made a demo for a walking sim, but focusing much more on being a point-n-click
The theme/plot of the game was being an office guy seeing a plane from far away going directly to his tall office building
Basically an escape PNC game in WTC
Now that sounds good for cheap, fast entertainment

There are interviews with the victims, which all "mysteriously" died. I believe that a recording of the speech exists on YT but i cant assure if its real or not, because you'll see it was uploaded by an actual satanist! With a snarky description and all. It's on means of subversion and damage control. If you do go down that path, godspeed.
Those are some sources to check out.

I also would like to remind everyone that we are indeed living on a most amusing era, the internet has given us access to forbidden knowledge and i believe that something big out there is machinating against everyone of good will. Cult abuse is real and has direct links to the most powerful people, believing that stuff happens "just because" is foolish.
May light win.

You're scaring me, I've been told that shit since I was young
The truth is out there.

Don't ask don't tell, if you know what's good for you.

More aras bullying qt shotas, pls.

freepdfhosting.com/28a68f3405.pdf
Here you go.

What is this

I guess Itou's work is spooky too. Uzumaki and Tomie are good longforms

I need more Hart in my life.

Spooky stories ay?

Was probably some roided teens who have nothing better to do, but still scared the shit out of us.
Gif unrelated.

I lost my shit user

Did anyone actually expect this to be finished? Or to be any good if it was ever released? kek

It looked okay, other than taking way too long with the build-up for little payoff with the actual spooks, and the fucking VA.
You don't include VA if you're trying to make an immersive horror game.

archive.is/fgOmU

spooky

That was… underwhelming.

Postin spooks

Most of his works are like that. Come to think of it, most asian horror is like that, where the evil exists not as a phenomena to be explained away, but as a force.
So if you go into asian horror expecting shit to be explained, you're going to be disappointed every time.

Someone post the rest of that
More scary than anything itt.

Sorry, it was a random ass image from halfchan. I was going through a weird phase when i renamed it.

I've always enjoyed that filename, so it was good for something. What kind of phase was it?

Kickstarter works out properly, once a year or so. Risk of Rain exists.

As shit as it is for them maybe it's a sign to just let Silent Hill and anything related to it/spiritual successor to it just fucking die.

Just let the series rest

I miss spooky/ito threads on Holla Forums

It wasn't kickstarted OP, Team 17 were publishing it

Acute depression leading to mental breakdown
I'm not supposed to talk about it lest i relapse

Though it is worth noting that Risk of Rain was a passion project that was mostly done when its Kickstarter was put up. It was basically so he could afford to hire a musician for the soundtrack, and buy a legit copy of Game Maker. The stretch goals were just icing on the cake, which, if I recall correctly, delivered on. This is the main way Kickstarter should be used, in my opinion.

Fair enough. Thanks, though.

Country boy living on burial grounds here I didn't build the house, you get used to the spooky shit after a while. If they can't chase you off, they settle down and mingle peacably. Often makes me feel like Aleister Crowley more than anything with this communal with the dead.

Oddly enough, ghosts don't look like you'd think they would, with all the grey skin, white eyes, etc. They're shadow people. Pitch black, darker than night. Horrifying the first several times you see one, disturbing as fuck the next few dozen times, and just mildly unsettling after that.

It's like living with a burn victim - you get over the shock, but it never becomes fully pleasant.

Personal spooks thread, then?

A few other really spooky things happened at that house, but they're pretty minor. Even today I still refuse to be left alone in that house

Shit, i totally forgot the sauce.
web.mnstate.edu/shoptaug/Holocaust classes/Levi Auschwitz Reading.pdf

Might as well post personal spook

We stayed up the night and crashed as soon as we saw sunrise.

This one made me kek

Hahahahahaha fucking knew it. How retarded are you cunts?

Because a game that wasn't kickstarted got cancelled?

see

It was never going to end any other way. The dude was a fucking ideaguy.

Why should being kickstarted change anything?

Yes that's what I knew, idiot. That's how it always is.

Go to bed, auscuck.

Same way me scratching my balls kept the tigers away for 24 years now

kek

today is off to a good start.

Post more spooky stories

Yeah, but I'm a total bitch so psychological horror usually still gets to me really easily. I was just expecting a more dreadful feeling and it never came. I think the ending would have a lot more impact without the dream sections blatantly showing you what's going on anyway.

Fuck, I'm usually not that shaken by these because they're generally poorly written but that fourth one is just fucking getting to me for some reason. Tears still well up a bit when I try to reread it. I don't know why I do this to myself, that shit's going to be in my head for weeks now before I forget it.

Reminds me of a story my friend told me. She was going through an occult phase a few (about 5?) years ago and went to various with cabals, "secret" cults, and shit like that - you know, groups of edgelords thinking they're hot shit, but when you ask them to actually show you some magic, all they can do is shit like "When we practiced this big ritual, the temperature in the room suddenly dropped by two degrees, OOOOH!".

Anyway, she was also, at a time, a member of a satanic group, so I naturally wanted to know if they really go around eating babies and shit like that. She said that the group she was a part of featured almost exlusively kids 12-15 years old and the grand master or whatever, that was in his 40's. Supposedly, they did shit like sleeping at graveyards, lot of "ritual" shit with candles. Then she said they substituted blood with ketchup, at which point I lost it.

So, that's satanism for you. A friendly neighbourhood pedo that does edgy shit with teenagers.

Fuck off back to /a/ shithole
Isn't spoonfeeding if ain't something easy to find

Stop posting skeleton user.

this thread proves reddit has invaded

That is a good thing i hope more kikestarter games fails in the future

So all the "lmao orcfu", "lmao necromancy", "lmao X days to E3" and so on threads didn't tip you off?

Also daily reminder that Holla Forums constantly advertises its board on reddit.

I don't get this thread. It looks like a walking simulator. who cares

Well shit

Can someone explain the skinned alive story? Are like snatcher?

Well South America have always been big on occult specially since I grow up in it and I think I've indirectly killed my cousin when summoning the dead

You can't just casually say that and expect to not post a greentext story

Story time.

Did you slept in history class? The only country with communism in SA was Cuba. The other all had fascist put on it by the USA to keep commutes out of their little garden

>>>/tumblr/

Ok anons. Will say immedialty that I'm sorry for my English grammar

>one of the guys was the son of a well known bruja read witch able to read hands and tarocs
(Cont)

>I find her crying in the arm of his BF aka my cousin Jorgegod bless him

if I didn't brake the circle, the the ghost couldn't pass on our world. My cousin would still be alive
dont mess with spirits user. They aren't forgiving

dude that's fucked up, if you told /x/ about this they'd shit their pants

thanks for sharing that though man

Didn't the girl break the circle first?

You're a retard if you believe that shit

>Start with a sad thread about another franchise dying Thanks Konami, you fucks
Well, now I'm spooked. I'm sorry for your losses, but I was missing these threads, so I guess it's for the best.
Thanks Holla Forums.

The based gods of Konami obviously raped them.

Then find it yourself faggot.

Fuck it all. Everything related to ghosts or genies are haunting experiences.

Satan trips confimr you can't undo eldritch meme magic

Maybe their skinwalkers

Assuming anyone here actually knows considering how goddamn weird and reclusive these things are, and how you don't tend to see much of them or come back as yourself if you do, can someone tell me what the flying fuck is up with these things and why they do the freaky shit they do?

I mean, from the looks of it, it doesn't seem like there's any practical purpose to the freaky shit they do aside from being apex-level spooky. I get that they like to kill and then mimic humans, and have a tendency to try and copy human voices as if they're meaningless noises, in a creepy-ass version of how humans might playfully copy a dog or cat's noises back to it to see how it reacts, but what I'm not getting is why they do it.

Is it some kind of breeding mechanism similar to xenomorphs, where they gestate their offspring in a way that requires brutally-killing a human to make another skinwalker (which would be massively-inefficient for a legit species rather than spooky ghost/demon things, but fuck it)? Do they prefer the taste of human, and the mimicry is just an extra ability they use/means of doubling or tripling food gained from a single hunt? Are they attempting to do some ludicrously fucked-up version of fulfilling the Pinocchio dream, becoming real human boys and girls by killing and mimicking humans, with a free snack as a bonus? Or are they just freakish motherfuckers, who do horrifying things like this due to some weird spiritual/mystical/etc. shit which makes them single-minded murder machines with no purpose but to kill, similar to murdered Japanese lady ghosts like the ones from the Ju-On series?

I should be terrified of these things and not want to even think about them, much less study them, but I'm getting genuinely-curious from a scientific perspective just what purpose their common activities, abilities and adaptations serve. There's gotta be some kind of reason why human is their primary choice of things to kill, why they possess and use such strong-but-still-flawed mimicry capabilities, and why they have a nasty tendency to act like Silent Hill's version of tropical parrots when they hear human speech. Even if that reason is just "they're pissed-off ghosts/demons/etc. and just want to kill as many humans as possible because fuck mortals", there has to be some reason for this crazy shit.

Maybe their skinwalkers what?

Judaism is close to satanism, both in text and symbolism

The reason they don't make sense is because they're not real you silly sausage.

All these questions
These are all fake, didn't you learn never to believe anything you read on Holla Forums?

No idea. They try to blend in with humans, but have no idea how humans act so they just act really really weird around them

So I clicked on this spoiler and saw this page of the comic first and was like "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!", then I read the rest of the comic and was like, wow… thats kinda lame.

I found a index of most of Ito's work translated into english a while ago.
junji-ito-index.tumblr.com/the-index

i screwed up, I meant to put they're instead of their.

Good riddance to both.

You fuckers think things that bump in the night are scary?
Truly you are blind to the horror that is in your daily lives

Dude, that's fucking funny

fuck you I really looked forward sleeping tonight

Fucking kek

Not really creepy pasta, but they are things that terrify me

Entirely true. I've always been grudgingly tolerant of furries, figuring that as a horsefucker, I was the last one who should object to them, until I actually met some of them IRL. Literally all the ever talked about was them, their shit-tier OCs, and porn. God, so much fucking porn – I never would've believed before that a person could spend FOUR HOURS showing two other faggots cartoon porn in the middle of a packed café, discussing the flavour of cum loudly enough for EVERYONE to hear them. And no, that's not fucking normal even among bronies. Porn is and had always been a taboo that is discussed, if ever, either online or somewhere private. It's just the fucking furries that keep flaunting it everywhere. When you met a non-furry brony, you usually met an incredibly shy and introverted dude that is too afraid to speak (except for cons, but cons were always meant as a way to release pent up autism). When you met a furry, you saw a literal manchild, sporting a neckbeard and fedora and all, that came off as if he just walked out of a stranger danger ad. Fuck furries, they are cancer incarnate and they ruin anything they touch.

So were they humans to begin with Holla Forums?

I think it was some reincarnation stuff, judging by the dream. Perhaps their crimes were so severe as to haunt them even in later lives

Then how did one survive several months inside the mountain?

Survive? I'm pretty sure that's just a mutilated corpse that's slowly sliding out due to the hole being sloped

Looks like a walking sim.

Pastas tend to call them skinwalkers, but in folklore they would be better identified as changelings or dopplegangers. Historically, indian skinwalkers were supposed to be shamans with shapeshifting abilities, who mostly attacked by poisoning. They wouldn't turn beastly to devour you, unlike these things.

Just like the Thing from the movies, a skinwalker is first and foremost a predatory animal. Their extreme mimicry capabilities have no other goal than ensuring their best chances of survival, with no malice or ill will behind them. Replacing humans enables them to access an entire new level of services, that they would never reach as animals: not unlike your dog killing you, to become able and open its food cans by itself.

About their methods of reproduction, stories of changelings focus on babies switched in the cradle with one of them. So biologically they would be independent from their victims, but still prefer to use mimicry to pass infancy safely.

All of these are stories are made up. You can see how they're variations on a common theme (same monster, different locales and happenings) and like most pastas, they start sounding unimaginatively samey after a while. Because they rarely mix themes: it's either murder stories, or full on paranormal stories, or cryptozoology stories with the teller having no doubts in between. Because he knows he's telling a story.

But the origin of that common theme, the legend is something separated from the modern ways of retelling it. You should watch out for whatever originates legends like these.

Do you remember the name of that one with the bouncing rotting corpse, user?

Uzumaki I think

i want to say wendigoes
and by wendigoes, i mean homeless men who live in the wild and consume human flesh
I've here in Australia its/was quite common for cannibalism to occur

Reminds me of that story true story by the way, cant remember source of a butcher that killed Asians who traveled along the roads and sold the meat in his store
The Asians ended up carving warnings on trees telling other asians about a mysterious man eating giant up ahead and that they should find a different road

Thankfully the butcher couldn't read moon runes so quite a few japs were saved i suppose its not like its a good thing

Alternatively I've heard of dogs/wolves immitating human voices as well as cats cats have been known to imitate infants so it wouldn't be unusual for a proficient maneater to acquire that trait

However for a maneater to actually have the ability to change appearance is extremely unlikely
Changelings are ridiculous, Humans are fairly high on the food chain and anything even close enough that can compare in ability to change in appearances are octopuses and squids

I could understand if it was a primitive relative, but to the degree that most of these people make there stories, the replicas are almost exactly the same, indicating that it truly can change shape

This leads me to 3 conclusions,
The shape shifting is entirely fictional and is likely a result of people being retarded

The people who are suffering from acting strange are actually zombies, not film zombies but actual voodoo "dust in your face narcotics" zombies that can occur rapidly. This also links up with the disappearances, the people are actually kidnapped and used for slave labor or sleeper agents

Finally the last conclusion is that there is a secret race of land Octopuses, capable of vocal and physical mimicry

Being related to snails, they aren't that smart but they are capable of shit

If you think the body horror was scary, wait and try reading that story if you've got claustrophobia.

I'm pretty sure claustrophobes were the target audience for Amigara Fault, for anyone else it just comes across as kind of lulzy.

I'm the opposite of a claustrophobe, I really like small spaces.
They're comfy.

This is the reason why I don't talk to women about my problems anymore.

Sorry for the blog but you guys and my father are the only people I talk to these days

Might be better to confront her about it. I tend to cut people some slack, since everybody can have a bad day where they just want to tell everyone to piss off here and there, but when it starts repeating and begins to really bother me, I tend to go and cut to the heart of the issue. Sometimes it's just a calm discussion where you make the person realise that what he's been doing is part a certain line, other times it gets emotional with shouting and shit (being able to get angry on command helps), and the person ends up making double sure not to piss you off in the near future, because everybody hates scenes like that. If the person keeps treating you like shit even after that, break the relationship.

In any case, confronting and trying to solve problems is one of the basic elements of any relationship. If you just drop it at the first sign of trouble, you'll end up utterly alone.

Is this supposed to be scary?

dude

what?

They don't transform. They learn how its prey acts, then skin them and use their skin as a disguise.
The people acting strange are changeling/skinwalker/whatever wearing skin trying to act as a human

WEED, DUDE
WEED
LMAO

DUDE

xD

You have a point. I'll let her know but, I'll just keep my problems to myself after that.

i just didnt realise that the flag was there

not a very good story, but it is what my memory serves me.

when i was in 15ish, i was in my parents summer cabin on lake of the woods, ontario. it was built on land used to float logs down into the lake, and was built by my great grandparents, so no native spoopy stuff here.

i was in a teenager pissy mood ,going through an energy drinks are cool phase, so i decided i would stay awake as long as i could, downing monsters from the case i brought.

i don't remember when i started, but i remember i was awake for about 5 days, and days 4 and 5 i started to see movement in the shadows. nothing ominous, but every 10 minutes i would see a different shades of black moving in the edges of the sparsely lit cabin. i decided around midnight of day five to say enough is enough, and went to bed and passed right out.

i woke up after some time, and there was no natural lighting coming through the window, but the wood on the wall i woke up facing looked as if someone had replaced the lightbulbs in the room with flourescent green.

naturally, something was off, so i turned over in bed to look, and saw a radiant green figure standing next to my bookcase. the room was well lit enough to read. it was human shaped, had all the body parts a human should, and as far as i could tell in that brief second i watched it, it was standing straight, looking at the books that had been passed down to me.

me being the scared child i was, i turned the other way, closed my eyes, and cried for mommy. she came to my room, turned on the light, and all was normal. i found out that i had slept about 24 hours, and if youve been to low population canada, youd know that it can get really fucking dark at night.

anyway, about two weeks later, i was staying up late reading the deep. in the room with me was a really old windup alarm clock, that i always kept unwound, because i disliked the ticking noise it made. the unwound clocks alarm went off. i got up from bed, walked to the clock, turned off the alarm, and kind of stared at the now ticking clock.

i later ripped the book in half, and tossed on the side of the road on the drive back to the states.

anyone else have sleep deprivation related incidents in their life?

Also where is that last one from? It was a nice read.

Not a problem mate
we're all in a similiar boat

The ones that kill and mimic are fleshgaits.
Skinwalkers are a native American myth of a witch/shaman that can take the shape of an animal by wearing its skin.
Goatman is the one that just change their shape to look like another person and try to mimic language; but usually harmless and just trying to scare you off their land.

Yes, and that's why I think she have gone full hero after

I never lurk /x/ because I don't want to deal with this kind of stuff anymore in my lifetime

I want to fuck a goatman

Holy fuck I needed that laugh

Thank you for that

That job must have extreme ups and downs but, everyday would be an adventure.

But then shouldn't he be dead because of her and not because of you? Because by the way you say it, you left an already broken circle

Sounds like one of the best jobs in the world. If it ever gets out of here, somebody will probably make a movie or a show based on the premise.

Spooki

I'll bump with something old.

It manages to get worse, than a mere lefty dictatorship suffering with scarcity.
Argentina was lucky for breaking the cycle, Brazil is a bit late but will require for both the Impeachment and Lava Jato to not flop.
US will soon get rid of most of this cancer, hopefully.
Europe, not so soon as it seems.

Do you have one about Justin Bieber ?
Where Are Ü Now video clip is fish as fuck, since lost panels in it outright have illuminati and satanist shit in it.
Plus it was done in cooperation with Skrillex, a dude that besides making shitty WUB WUB shit music, that tend to use a ton of satanic imaginary. His signature Ü symbol, the same in the title of the clip, can only is written by using alt+666

Shit, this thread gives some /x/ vibes.

the second part of your post gave me some cancer vibes
how do you go from okay english to paralympics level of disabled

Getting slow and sleepy. And i had to rewrite my shit after a fuck up.
Now that i see it, even myself cant read this shit right.
But check Justin Bieber, Skrillex and their clip.
Oh, press alt while pressing + and type 666 to get the result Ü.

No I don't sadly. I have something worse.

Europeans have their dates as month/year/day

Another old one

pls tell

Get hyped :^)

That's a big cat

It looks so good. OH GOD WHY

WHY CAN"T WE HAVE GOOD THINGS ANYMORE?

YOU BLEW IT ALL UP. DAMN YOU. DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL.

I regret opening this.

No we don't.

feel better, user.

The cucking of the west is complete.