What's your honest stance on games that are hard to master?

What's your honest stance on games that are hard to master?

Repeating the same shit isn't hard, it's time consuming.
Only really difficult games are those where you face another human player.

Still a valid stance on this subject though.

If you had infinite time you could get good at everything, including PvP games

But you'd still be retarded

They are far more enjoyable for long amounts of play and can be played for the longest amount of time.

If you don't have time they blow balls

No amount of time will help you to get gud at competitive games if you lack critical thinking and ability to reflect on your own actions.

Which seems to be the case.

If the re-playability is merely just getting better at the game, is that alright? I myself personally can't replay a game without waiting a month to start again, even NG+ style things.

It sucks dick to master a difficult single player game and have nothing to do with that mastery once the game is over. But if you have something to do with that mastery even after (score/time attack, PvP, community made content, etc) it's the greatest shit ever.

Yeah, no. Any game with PvP will invariably allow all players access to the techniques and maneuvers you'll be defending against. At least with PvE you have a much better chance of being surprised, because AI is usually unpredictable (albeit if illogically at times) in how it acts.

They are the best kind of games. Depth makes the difference between an interactive movie and a game.

There is a word for people like you, scrub.

If it has enough replay value for me to try to master it, it's good enough for me.

I don't know what the fuck you're playing, but I wanna play it too.

In this era with games being too dumbed down to make a lot of money, I welcome it

You seem a little insecure

About what? Do you think it must be hard to be right all the time? Like, the stress of responsibility, or some shit?

I can assure you from experience that it is

You realize when people complain another person always being right they are being a hypocrite at the suggestion that they have to be right.

If all you have left is to complain about someone needing to be right, then you have a weak argument.

What? All I meant by it was that I have agreed with all of 's points so far and I'd like to be a little more clear about his vague criticism of the argument.

I wasn't criticizing the argument, I was insulting him

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
The AI is so buggy and likely to go off the rails that it feels almost lifelike

I think games that are hard to master but don't require mastery to beat is wasted time just to show others how cool you are. It's the same as speedrunning.
Tried playing DMC1 finally and so far i only have to mash attack to get through the game

Try DMC3 scrub, DMC1 is a very simplistoc game.

The top players usually do some impressive stunts and I respect the game for that.

But if the game or mastering the game, is only hard for the sake of being hard, then there's isn't much.

I hate them and they should add a mode that lets me skip the gameplay.

Polygon pls

Is it okay to use a trainer if I don't care about the challenge or multiplayer, and just want to go through the story of GTAV or something?

It's unfortunate that you're so fucking bad that you need a trainer for GTA, but the obvious answer is for you to get the fuck out of my hobby and go watch a movie, you piece of shit.

Instead of buying or renting The Last of Us, I just watched it on Youtube. Also instead of playing the Walking Dead games, I let someone else make the choices and also watched it on youtube. But every now and then I like to kill a hooker.

Thank you. This is better for all of us.

Are you the guy from the "What I played, what I expected, what I got" thread?

Repeating the same shit isn't hard, it's time consuming.
Only really difficult games are those where you need perfect precision and timing.

That's the entire point of DMC though, you can either mash triangle and get through the entire game without stylin' on niggas or you can not be boring

Stylin' on niggas is beneficial in any case since you're doing more in a shorter period of time than you would be by just mashing triangle, and there's benefits to it in later games ie Dante subtly speeds up some of his attacks and gun attacks get more effective as your rank climbs higher in DMC3 or making a perfect grab with Nero in DMC4 lets you take a big chunk out of a boss's health like catching Credo's lance

DMC1's more simplistic than the rest and it's far more a direct combat game than a stylish game but the general rules still apply

They are great. You can return to them many times. They don't need a DLC to make you want replaying them. They can just do that with a higher difficulty.

Nude mods for trish and lady when?

i will master it anyway

If it's entertainment comes from pulling off cooler and cooler stuff to do, it sounds like a good thing to have.

If it's still fun between a low level, and a high level. Take a game like Gradius where for low level players it's fun to see the areas and bosses, while it's fun for advanced players to try to get through the game on one life with a high score.