Ever since starting college, have been playing video games less and less

I'm starting out with the SNES era since it's one of the first systems I ever owned.

What are some other SNES games I should look into playing?

Super Mario world.
Nice image

You just wanted to post that picture, you nigger

I bet it was your post

Yoshi's cookie
Wario's woods
Shin megami tensei 1 and 2
Ghpul patrol (jp only)

Nice image.

I've been waiting to post one taken in March 2015 to prove someone wrong. All I need is for the next Elder Scrolls game to come out and not be what he said.

That'll learn that faggot for saying that thing he said with certainty without possibly knowing if it was true or not.

That'll learn him good that I'm real smarter for not believing his lies.

RPGs are pretty fun. And unlike action games, they work out okay playing them with a keyboard instead of a controller.

Is Romancing SaGa 2 even going to have it's fan translation finished? Sometimes when a game's confirmed to be being brought west in some form, the translators cancel their attempt out of respect, and Square-Enix is releasing the remake of it for phones.

Any particular genre you prefer?

Also, nice image, hope that user gets to see it.

Should mention that I've been needing to update that since that's only the basic version, but decent SNES/SFC threads aren't the most common thing these days.

Personally, I'm waiting for this

Parasite.

They're common, they just aren't very popular.

Update how? More games or organize by genre?

Feels good to have my taste validated.

Ghost Sweeper Mikami - Joreishi wa Nice Body : Castlevania with a hot chick and 80's manga humor.

Magical Pop'n : A cute platformer some user here likes to shill.

Fuck you and fuck that game. I had a limited amount of games in that time but Yoshi's Cookie never failed to bore the shit out of em when i tried it again.

Honestly, i didnt like the action mode, but the puzzle mode is god tier.

I still remember that old classic /a/ one about Code Geass.

There's been more suggestions since then on things to add since that version; got some new tabs already made, but I prefer to wait for the right thread to post an update for stuff into; lately Dreamcast and Xbox threads have been the most common as far as older systems go. Also, much as I would organize it by genre, the differences in box art sizes between the US and Japan would make it look a bit bad visually (with other systems like the PS2, the cases are at least the same size in both the west and Japan), hence why I've got them divided by western/localized, fan translated, and moon only, with genre tags beneath the game titles.

Guessing Ghost Sweeper Mikami doesn't have a translation patch?

If you're going for old stuff you might as well take a look at the Mega Drive/Genesis as well. A bit of Blast Processing never hurt anyone:
>Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine Same as Kirby's Avalanche, and neither of them are the original

No, not to my knowledge. But, it plays fine without one.

I never understood anything because i was a babby.

Eh, genres would still be helpful for the localized / western section.

HA HA HA HA YOU RETARDED FUCKING FAGGOT.
I BET YOU GOT A GRANT/SCHOLARSHIP DIDN'T YOU?

OP, play Super Metroid before you clog up your backlog and lose motivation to play any more games. It'll be for your own good

I'd recommend Chrono Trigger instead. Earthbound is pretty dull

wasn't tehre another animu that was like a rip-off of Ghost Sweeper ? also from the 90s?

Assuming you mean Ghoul Patrol, why the Japanese versions specifically? Just wondering since it seem to have had a NA, JP, and EU release.

I'll give it some thought, but again, it presents a potential layout issue. Not sure why Nintendo was so keen on having different box/case proportions between the west and Japan clear up until the Wii and DS.

I thought it was a jap game not released over here.

Wikipedia lists off all three regions. And with it being western developed, I'd have expected if any region were to get screwed out of it, it might be Japan.

Then i somehow got a jap rom. I dont know why though.

Not sure why you would either, unless maybe you bulk downloaded a rompack or something. Emuparadise has all three versions.

Chrono trigger
Secret of mana
Secret of evermore
Seiken densetsu 3
Lufia 1/2
Megaman X/X2/X3
Earthbound
Rudra no Hihou
SoulBlazer
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma
Act Raiser
Fire Emblem 4/5
Final Fantasy 4/5/6
EVO
Drakken 2
Dragon Quest 1/2/3 (4/5/6 too but I'd play the remakes for DS if you can read moon)
Donkey Kong Country 1/2/3
Demon's Crest
Breath of Fire 1/2 (retranslation patch or jp)
Bahamut's Lagoon

wow

Going to college on other people's money is smarter than paying for it yourself.
As long as you're getting a science or business degree, and not a useless humanities degree, that is.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I'll be sure to add them to my backlog.

Metal Max Returns is pretty hella, if you like RPGs about cruising around with a kitted-out tank hunting bounty heads.

Get out.

Give Umihara Kawase a try

U.N. Squadron. Its great.

This, it was called Area 88 in japan and there's an anime too. Easily one of my favorite shmups, the arcade version is better and not censored tho.

I played the shit out of it as a kid. Shit was cash. Is the anime any good? I always played as Greg cause I thought he was the coolest for some reason.

Confirmed. Probably a "unknown gem" type if you don't follow the SNES scene, Seiken Densetsu 3 with the english translation rom patch is one of the best games of the SNES, and most people probably haven't played it. It's a serious contender for top SNES game for me, just really great in every which way.

Also don't be afraid to stray away from SNES for good games, the Shining Force games on the Genesis are FANTASTIC.