Why do people worship this game again?

Why do people worship this game again?

Other urls found in this thread:

pkzone.org/painkiller-supernatural-2-0/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it's edgy and hardcore and Mr. Painkiller is an epic man like myself.

Because there's a shortage of simple FPS without bullshit

I dunno, why does your mom worship my cock?

Painkiller, more like Paincucker.

Because it's pretty fun and it came out in a very grim time for shooters.

Because it's very entertaining.

This, essentially. The weapons are cool, the enemies actually have different purposes and the levels are really good.

You are a faggot and i hate you.

I've played it, it's just Serious Sam but without the big open arenas, worth for 1 playthrough and that's it really. It's an OKAY game with some pretty kick ass music and that's it, also Liquid Snake voices the protagonist

agreed, I can't believe my wife's son was retarded enough to post this.

Because its a really good game that allows you to bunny hop at mach speed

Halo 2, Battlefield Vietnam, Jedi Academy, Doom 3, Call of Juarez, etc.

Thanks for the laugh, m8.

I remember jerking it like a mad nigger to the naked slut from the cutscenes

It was F U N

Also, there's Riddick: Escape from Butchers Bay.

I like Painkiller

It's alright. I didn't think it was great. The final bosses were especially lame.

From what I heard the game was like a spiritual successor to doom.

I need a fast paced fps for my fix. New doom I hear is shit, know anything good?

Painkiller is pretty fast. Give it a try, it should be cheap.

Play Blood, Shadow Warrior, Strife and Dark Forces if you haven't already.

New Doom is pretty good, but Painkiller's gameplay is closer to classic FPS than new Doom, and much cheaper too.

It sucked. Play Dark Forces 2 instead.

Yeah that's how I remember it.

Arena shooters are cancer.

Because it has a cool theme?

Shurikens and lightning.

It was one of the first meme games

It's structured completely differently.

In Doom you have to gradually unlock a level with card keys and explore, in Painkiller you just walk into an area, get locked with a mob of enemies a la Devil May Cry and then you have to kill them all in order to continue.

Because of this Semen Demon

Because modern fps sucks and because its awesome

stopped there, this new wave of retidildos sure is casual

Because fun.

Shooting and dodging shit is fun.
Watching cut-scenes, solving puzzles and doing QTEs is not.

What is the definitive version to download for free off the internet?

Black

Subjective enjoyment does not equal objective quality you dumb nigger, and Riddick was not an arena shooter, if anything it was almost a stealth game.

Kill yourself

What? It does? Yes it definitely does. If game is fun, it's a good game. If it's not - it's trash.

Gaylo 2 and Slow-ass-linear-corridor-dark-shooting 3 were not good.

Millions of people think CoDshit is fun. You and both know they have shit taste and they are not good games.

Fun is completely subjective. To use it as a measure of quality of a game is delusional.

People can find shit like Daikatana or The You Testament fun but they are objectively bad games that fail at doing what they set out to do.

if you can find the torrent with all DLC, Painkiller HD (is a huge improvement over original but vanilia game has like half the stages of original painkiller without dlc and you have to buy the rest of campaign, what the fuck)

otherwise Painkiller Black

The Expacs have some really bad levels. You really don't want to play them

You do understand that you can objectively judge only shit like texture resolutions, polygons numbers and other shit that can be counted? "Objective" quality in video games in itself doesn't exist.

HD ditched a lot of shitty levels or improved some but you need to buy DLC for all the decent ones they didn't include with the main release

there's also Painkiller Supernatural which tries to take all the shitty expansions for original Painkiller and makes it half decent

pkzone.org/painkiller-supernatural-2-0/

How about the controls, the design philosophy, the level design, the mechanics and the technical performance?

Even if we are to take your retarded statement that "objective" quality doesn't exist then how can you call Fun an objective quality?

Yes it does. Like how halo 2 and doom 3 have objectively shit level design and gun mechanics (

If somebody likes them and you don't, what they're objectively bad based on your taste?

In the same way you call your "quality" objective. It's not objective.

That one is objective though. If game runs well it runs well, if it freezes and crashes it freezes and crashes.

because it's good shit

Which is why I said if a game fails at what it sets out to do. If you have a puzzle game being sold with completely nonsense puzzles with no logic or consistency that is an objective design flaws.
If you have an action shooter where you don't even have enough ammo to kill everything that is an objective design flaw. If you have a farming game where farming is actually the worst way to make money that is an objective mechanical flaw.

Then how the fuck can you argue that COD are bad games?
They accomplish what they set out to do perfectly.

I like classic Doom and Serious Sam, so I figured that I'd like this game too since it's always compared to them. Then I actually played it and I gotta say, it just didn't click with me at all. In the end I never quite finished it, and I almost never quit a game midway through. It was okay at first but it got unfun fast.

So no offense to fans, but I'm with OP. I really don't know why people like it either.

Are the Riddick games worth playing? They remind me of Metal Gear.

This board has IDs you newfag

Its a solid FPS with a lot of variety. It has good stealth sections, melee combat sections and shooter sections so it isn't limited to a single genre.
Get Assault on Dark Athena if you are interested as it contains Escape from butcher bay too.

Painkiller is great, but serious Sam is better. Painkiller annoyed me with the lack of health pickups and on highest difficulty enemies don't drop souls. Very often you're stuck with 100hp for the whole level

You proved his point, m8ty.

Battle out of Hell was equally as amazing as the original. Everything after that is complete trash and should be ignored, though.

I'm a big fan of painkiller and I don't know why anyone likes serious sam.

Because the maps are big as fuck

It's an old-school shooter in a new-school console shooter world.

They're almost all just big empty spaces. I don't get it. I played it when it came out, still don't get it.

It's fun.

Oh… fuck.

No they aren't. Not even the first game is all big empty spaces.

They're not all that empty. A lot of the larger areas have hoards of enemies rushing at you.

They always felt like shitty modded doom maps to me where a kid creates one fuckhuge room and dumps a pile of enemies into it.

A few of the bosses were palatable and it had the sickest fucking soundtrack.
I'm really surprised that developers haven't caught on to just how important having a good soundtrack is for creating a cult game.

There was memorable music in Painkiller? I don't remember anything of the sort.

Worked for Touhou.

I'm surprised more devs haven't figured out that having a good and memorable soundtrack is how you make a fantastic game and eventual classic. Think about pretty much any of your favorite games and tell me if the music or heck even the audio isn't one of the big reasons you enjoyed it (games like STALKER or Tomb Raider don't have much in the way of music but they make up for it by using what music and sound they do have to create memorable atmosphere)

b*tch i'll slap you, MooZe is god

I meant during the gameplay, sorry for not being clear, most of the time when you're walking around shooting bandits it's silence.

because SHURIKENS and LIGHTNING

nigger I dont know what forum you came from but stop fucking posting and LURK MOAR until you understand the fucking rules around here

Each location has a track assigned to play on loop while you're in it. Embed related is what plays for the street war of Pripyat.

The Leningrad level from the battle out of hell expansion is, to me, the most memorable FPS level I've ever played.

Now that we are on the topic, any working torrents out there? Not the remake

I never noticed, it sounds so atmospheric I thought it was just the environment around me.

yes

You cheeky little bastard

Painkiller.Black.Edition-WaLMaRT
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:98168D6FECB63FAA25A39237D33BBC7C5252B194&dn=Painkiller.Black.Edition-WaLMaRT&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.me%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

Serious Sam - The Second Encounter 2.1.0.8 [GOG]
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4FC547BD312408E08BA0AC00A243635DACE6AAC8&dn=Serious%20Sam%20-%20The%20Second%20Encounter%202.1.0.8%20%5bGOG%5d&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.pomf.se%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fcoppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.aletorrenty.pl%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.to%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.com%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.me%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fshadowshq.yi.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker4.piratux.com%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.trackerfix.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.trackerfix.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftorrent.gresille.org%3a80%2fannounce&tr=%2audp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fbigfoot1942.sektori.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.nwps.ws%3a6969%2fannounce

Half-Life old WON version + CS 1.5 + TFC

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:EA433588554589F9AE16CEF6F3F1E9B1152683DE&dn=Half_Life_old&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

Its fun

Thats the exact same magnet I tried before, its dead.

QUAKE II
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5DDD28A747DA1B2C6A572A40E37F8BD3955A8374&dn=QUAKE%20II.rar&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

QUAKE III ARENA + PATCHES TO PLAY ONLINE + "QUAKE BIBBLE [PL] EBOOK
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1057BD8880D2C65A4CA704C83298F4F924296658&dn=Q3&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80&tr=%2audp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969

SERIOUS SAM 2 [RELOADED]
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:90DCF6F2651C11D95CC806C76048D7D29D4C415D&dn=Serious%20Sam%202%20%5bRELOADED%5d&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.zamunda.net%2fannounce.php%3fpasskey%3d4c7aeca828b27bbaea1cb01a105dc974

But i downloaded the game from it and im seeding since 2 weeks or so. I even saw my upload rise for few seconds.

Good looking out

I expected more out of you, Holla Forums.