What does RE-Make 2 need to not suck?

What does RE-Make 2 need to not suck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_nFKfGbbRVg
kat.cr/resident-evil-biohazard-hd-remaster-2015-r-g-mechanics-t12210029.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

to be ported to the gamecube

they just need to do what they did for the other re-makes, not much to it.

But there was already a re 2 on gc.

I'd like it if they fixed the sexism

Is it gonna be RE2 with RE4 -style or original gameplay?

have you not played any of the re-makes?

Same game with HD re-skins. Is that simple.
I wouldn't call Resident Evil HD releases Remakes. A remake implies changes in the gameplay, RE HD 1 and 0 were just HD skins on the same game.

Yeah, like how Claire had more balls than Leon.

Whos directing?

Not be an HD remake with updated textures but and full fledged one like the first ReMake.

what about a remake that brings in elements of RE 1.5?

To not be RE2.

Based on the other remakes, original gameplay most likely.

With that said though, I'd be a hundred times more interested if it were redone with RE4's camera and manual aiming.

They're gonna have to expand the game like what they did to the RE remake while trying to make it about survival horror, but how they will do that will determine if the game will be a failure or not.

I dunno. RE4's gameplay didn't really shine in cramped quarters.

I don't think it was that bad, but even so, I'd consider the switch a net gain by far regardless.

Besides, they could always loosen up the tightest spots in the original if it's such a problem, the RE1 remake fiddled a little with its original layout too. These remakes aren't direct graphical conversions of the originals.

I just want to finally have both zombies and manual aiming in the same game for once, I am sick of Capcom only giving me one or the other. Or maybe having both but ruining it by sticking you on rails. So to be entirely clear I want zombies, manual aiming, and no rails.

That's a terrible idea. The whole game was designed around fixed camera angles; replacing them with a third person camera would only cripple the gameplay. The fixed camera angles served to limit the players field of view, creating artificial blind spots that force the player to push forward, not knowing what they may be faced with in the next scene. In this manner, even straight hallways can hide danger from the player, a feature that will be lost in a switch to a third person perspective. Combined with audio cues of an enemy, it's possible to have many situations where the player enters a room/hall, is aware of the enemy presence, yet doesn't know it's position. This forces the player to make one of three choices: fire blindly and risk wasting limited ammunition on a target that may be around a corner, push forward in order to change camera angle while risking walking directly into the enemy or wait at the door for the enemy to enter your limited field of view and use a stronger weapon to (hopefully) kill it before it can reach you.
I'd rant about manual aiming too, but I'm too close to my autism limit as it is.

Also, a third person view would limit my ability to back Claire's arse into the camera and admire it from every angle, which would be a true waste of a REmake.

There's more than one?

Rename it as RE6 and erase the current RE6 from existence and memory

but then Leon wouldn't be best girl anymore :/

I say leave him the same

Leon for best waifu

for re 0 they did make changes the absolute bullshit puzzles from the second were changed so you didnt need a guide in the original they actually struck a deal with prima to make a part of the game impossible without a guide

Linux support!

Rewrite the script. It's shit. They're all shit and everybody knows it.

Which part is that?

What was so good about RE2?

They just remade RE0 last year.

I want it to have hi-res pre-rendered backgrounds. Show us what pre-rendered backgrounds can look like in 2016

To follow the same principle as RE's remake, make it look gorgeous and scary, and that's it really.

It followed on the coat tails of it's predecessor, basically it was RE but on steroids.

Yeah, I can't think of anything unless you're talking about Hookshot positions.

Don't be throwing the term "remake" around like that. It was just an HD remaster. The previous one was a remaster of a REMAKE.

This more or less. Keep what works and change what doesn't.

but what works and what doesn't?

My own feeling is that they should go all out and bring in all the ideas they wanted to do in the original RE2 but couldn't.

We've already seen the story retold with better graphics in Dark Side Chronicles & Operation Raccoon City, why not just go all out and make it both a remake and a reboot?

Agree. Also, making a RE 1.5 remake can make a different timeline to next games and open a lot of possibilities. For example, a different ending to RE3 (Brad is alive and Raccoon city was not nuked), following up by a RE3.5 fog version. Would be awesome.

but we are talking about capcom. so, no.

youtube.com/watch?v=_nFKfGbbRVg

1 and 0 are the same. They were both remade for the Gamecube and both remastered recently.

OT, it needs to be RE 2. No squeenix bullshit, just RE 2.

We've talked about this over and over and over AND THERE'S NO FUCKING GOOD RESPONSE BECAUSE THERE'S NO FUCKING UNITY IN THE RESIDENT EVIL FANBASE.

Half of you want tank controls, the other half hates tank controls, some of you want RE4, and there's even a niche that likes the fast paced RE6 style gameplay.

If i was Capcom i'd be ripping my hair out trying to appeal to such a divided, fucking schizophrenic fanbases of too many people pulling in too many directions wanting completely opposite things.

If i was a RE dev i'd just tell you all to fuck off and do my own goddamn thing, because it's clear i'll never be able to please all of you at the same time no matter WHAT i do.

Why is it so hard to find a torrent of REMake 1?

kat.cr/resident-evil-biohazard-hd-remaster-2015-r-g-mechanics-t12210029.html

Perfect response.

checked dubs
Excellent answer to topic
Excellent film in image.

5 Star Post.

Who said anything about appealing to everyone? I couldn't give a fuck what the mouth breathers who liked RE6 want. I want Capcom to make a game that appeals to me.

Are you fucking dense? The original PlayStation Resident Evil was remade for GameCube and then remastered for PC. Resident Evil 0 was originally released for GameCube and was then only remastered, NOT remade, for PC.

-Keep it with tank controls like the original and with pre-rendered backgrounds.
Failing that, if you wanna keep it actiony, do it like RE4 at best. Don't go overboard, it's survival horror, not AAA shooter with zombies.

-Don't introduce new characters. Expand on the established ones.

-Give fun hidden guns and silly outfits based on skill, or at the very least the infinite ammo/health cheatcodes, don't make people buy your shit.

-Expand a bit on some parts, give more liberty to choose branching paths. You'll end up in the gun store, but give a small liberty to go to different alleys or through some stores , for example.

-Don't give the women horse or manfaces with Jay Leno chins

-Give Sherry cute outfits

-Give Claire and Sherry pronounced buttocks, and give them a cutscenes where they are bring manhandled for 10 minutes.

Oh, and dont make the knife a viable weapon. Keep it effective only for zombies at random, they're not Plagas, dont make them squirm in pain.

Make it 3rd person tank control akin to old games and youre already off to great start.

Remember what was done with remake 1: introduce new surprises and twists to keep the player on edge, while being faithful to the general idea of original game
Consider using pre-rendered backgrounds for gorgeous look, but lightweight system requirements.

NO DLC
NO ONLINE (except maybe for extra battle mode? that could be fun)
Keep it 3rd person tank control (new control mechanics can be added on top of the original stuff if needed though)
No free directional control option like in the remake/zero HD release
Make it feel fresh, yet nostalgic.
No handholding, make the normal difficulty actually pose challenge the first time.

should've said fixed camera not 3rd person*

There's no way they won't do it. This time, though, RE2make is brand new so they might change the enemy movements to adjust for subjective movement.

Good luck with that. Every game needs to tell you how and when to open a door or pick something up. If enough normalfags bitch they would remove the ink ribbons too.

Even worse, auto-saving.

Tank controls

But Resident Evil Zero was never remade, it was just made. Holy shit you're one dumb faggot.

Fuck off, Capcom, I'm tired of your excuses, considering the idea of "your own thing" is pic related, I wouldn't gave you the right to judge, what is the best for the series.

This post is bait right.

There is no real RE without tank controls.

RE4 began as Devil May Cry, and a shitload of elements stayed behind, it's a fantastic game but not RE anymore, it began a new arc and old RE was no more.

All they need to do is REmake 2, and fuck, they will make millions and millions and even get goodwill from long lost fans maybe to try another RE after it just in case.

All Capcom needs to do is have two styles of games: Tank controls and 2SPOOKY for the classic fans and RE6 style CHRRAZYEE camp games (without the forced co-op, that can go).

Anybody who hates tank controls isn't a fucking RE fan, the series only dropped tank controls recently.

No changes to the remake. Make it the exact same just with improved graphics. If the game is designed around tank controls keep them. I mean. I love RE6 and its over the top action combat but it wouldn't feel right here.

THIS!

I don't know if I'd go so far as to suggest a full blown RE 1.5 remake, since the game itself was unfinished and a lot of the main elements remained in the final game anyway, but there are some ideas that I would have liked to have seen

1. Marvin & Kendo being assist characters
2. Roy
3. Chief Irons being a not so bad guy

I might be alone in thinking this way, but I also kind of preferred the bigger and more modern look of the RPD station in 1.5.

I doubt Elza Walker could somehow be put in there without getting rid of Claire since they're basically the same character.

Why would anyone want to get rid of claire?
She was the ballsy one in RE2, leon was a total beta running after ada all the time.

Kek. There is a reason re4 is the only good RE.

Alternate costume would work.
I hope they use Claire's older model design, because the new one is ugly.

Nice bait.

Go back to 4chan.

Great work

God help us.

I try and forget about that.

People who don't like tank controls never played older games with them. I'd call them underage, but at this point they're old enough to post here.

What I mean is that there's no need for Elza Walker since you have Claire who is basically Elza Walker with a greater connection to Resident Evil 1 through Chris

It would be interesting to see more nods to the Elza Walker concept though.

Well the first and most obvious thing is that the game needs to be reasonably different to warrant remaking the game and that means redesigning the map layouts like what was done with the mansion in REmake, maybe adding in an surprise element like Lisa Trevor or the crimson heads. Forever fans have wanted to see what could have been with 1.5 so those unused ideas could be used to help that process along. More than that though make what was familiar unfamiliar by changing how you encounter characters (which is a good excuse to let side characters survive a little longer and change gameplay, even if it only amounts to getting a better shotgun like in REmake) and monsters. -so you can make intelligent guesses with the new layout but you don't know what room that one tyrant might break into (or maybe he never will and he'll scare the shit out of you some different way?) or maybe use the kinds of mind games the Nemesis played on the player with Birkin. As far as crimson heads go there would already be many zombies in Raccoon City so maybe add more failed G mutations like with Ben, except weaker (also a good trade-off for any benefit of saving those partner characters). Speaking of trade-off, more player-induced differences between A and B playthroughs, another way side characters can matter (I know I'm referencing this scrapped concept too much but do we really wanna see Kendo needlessly die like a bitch yet again?). Lastly there should be fun extra game modes to screw around with, Resident Evil 2 set the bar for this in the first place.

Now for what they do NOT do. Don't make it ugly as shit like with recent abominations but don't obsess over the graphics above gameplay either, REmake or Zero visuals with modern tools at your disposal shouldn't be hard. If you are to shoehorn the guys from ORC into the game then make their influence very minor (things become a needless clusterfuck even if they do manage to fit in), making HUNK still the coolest (but still no in-your-face appearances in the main game, just his body off to the side, which was absent before, or something). If you wanna make a shitty story mode for them unlockable fine but they're better off being just unlockable characters in a special nonsense game mode akin to Battle Mode or The Mercenaries (yeah yeah, who cares which one I mean). None of the bullshit stylistic choices you made to ruin the visuals of the HD ports of the gamecube games, there's no excuse.

This is all assuming the game is back to the old style, maybe tank controls. What I think can maybe fans can maybe compromise a little on about that is having a button designated to switching to a secondary camera angle as not to be too frustrating. I think if they could find a way to make that possible and furthermore tasteful I think that could be a great selling point making the "2" stay in the consumer's head with advertisements. As far as application goes for a horror game you could use it as a initially helpful tool but have more and more situations it's purposefully unhelpful to further scare the player. Maybe you'll have a segment where you hear a strange noise and when you switch the camera to investigate you see imminent danger that really puts you on edge or just expose yourself to any kind of jumpscare or foreboding creepiness that delving headfirst could have been like ripping off a band-aid instead.

Let's be real here though, whatever Capcom actually comes up with will be shit.

-oh and of course if they have Resident Evil 1.5 they finally release it bundled with the game. It doesn't matter if it's an unfinished product, just piece it together to be playable.

RE0 was originally supposed to come out for the N64 but was canned. Footage from the game exists, and due to its existence one could ascertain that RE0 for the gamecube was 'remade' from the N64 version. So technically he isn't wrong.

The trademark RE ass for everyone and I mean everyone.
RE2 is the only one of the mainline I never played so I hope it at least takes what everyone enjoyed about the original and build upon it

It was never released and it wasn't finished, so no he's not correct.

A strong female lead
No damsel in distress tropes
Make Leon a Female
Accurate beauty standards for female character models

Holy shit those fucking main actions
Chimp - Trygglypuff - Post-Op - Catlady

Congratulations on being a fucking idiot.

What it needs is 2 things and it would be my perfect Resident Evil.

1) Make it with the exact same level of care and attention to detail and atmosphere as REmake (fixed camera angles, beautiful graphics, aesthetically and atmospherically grim but endearing with, of course, priority of surviving the undead with limited resources).

2) Expand upon the game with 1.5 material worked into it. I'm not saying 1.5 stuff needs to be overwritten the finalized product, but I'd like to see things from 1.5 make it in. Things like adding more areas to explore, like the RPD, by working in areas from the 1.5 RPD. Either have Elza Walker make it in, or nods to Elza (an unlockable costume for Claire is fine and acceptable).

I'm now starting to think the game will be balanced for the free movement controls instead of tank controls. I am no longer optimistic about RE2make.

Out of baitness, claire could be considered a strong female character, the difference its that she wasnt a forced "muh girl pawah" but rather an "oh fuck theres zombies and i have to find my brother!", also kind of a nanny for sherry.

one thing you touched on is important and that's the fact that we've pretty much seen the RE2 story too many times already, something RE1 didn't have when the RE-Make came out.

Why would you skip the best game in the series?

Because I owned the first one and rented the 3rd one which told me there was a second one.
I owned RE4 which I enjoyed a lot so I bought RE5 and got pissed off.

I still haven't beat RE1, scared little me into not playing it and now I keep getting lost from getting wrapped up in things for a while before coming back to it.

"I dunno if that was a black or a zombie thing but I am pissed!"

I don't know how you mean "lost" but trying to remember where all the keys went in the first game was goddamn ridiculous.

How many people thought they accidently shot Sherry at that part?

if its a tank controls\lockon shooter its automaticaly shit

It just needs to be done the same way they did REmake. It would be a very bad sign if during the first gameplay presentation, we see that it doesn't have fixed camera angles.

God damn it Burnsley.

Maybe the first time but I know where every key is and which doors they open.

I'm a REmake autist though

Just to Claire-ify, if it had the same perspectives but a more free-form movement and option to stay stationary and aim you would like any given older Resident Evil game?

Hey queenie, feed on this…!

Asking you faggots: How is the Code Veronica on the PSN Store compared to the Dreamcast version? My DC broke so I can't play it anymore and it happened right as I nabbed a copy of Code Veronica.

I honestly can't tell you what will make it not suck.

Hmm, let me think… well maybe if it does everything that made the first REmake good, and also use the Unreal Engine.

I really like the Unreal Engine

It didn't BEGIN as DMC you dingus. The first build of the game was going to be scrapped but became what we now know as DMC. Then the second build came about which was slightly closer to RE4 but had more of a Silent Hill vibe. Then THAT was scrapped and along came the final version of RE4.

What's wrong with Capcom's own engines? They were impressive every gen.

From what I've seen it looks like a good port.

But CV, like 0, is not as good as REmake, 2 and 3.

When I come back to it, the mansion is like the internet to old people.

How many wanted to shoot her?

I wonder if when Tim Buckley dies, will people tag loss comics on his gravestone.

Japs love the Unreal Engine.

RE4 had so many interesting things happen with its development. I really want to try out how the RE Ghost one would've been like.

It needs to be a sequel to REmake in every way.

Damn shame, those two games had fun ideas that just didn't work out.

I bet Buckley asks for the lines engraved into it himself just to beat people to it.

RE2 Remake.
Prerendered CG for rooms, done so can move andlook around, aim.

Create sets and fill in deficiencies with cg. Use phoyos of realvactors.

do very basic 3D.

Use nearly all of PS4's RAM for each room, constantly load next room while in one, keep old one in memory.

Move very slow. Vary camera and aiming modes. Dramatic scenes following char, like licker, camera along the ground, trying to look instead shows licker in window around corner.

Standard and impressing mode is thousands of spherical photo captures within a room, either always for so second stick can look, or go to the closest sphere capture to aim, and out of aiming mode controlled by a camera.

Photo captures of characters to have smooth transitions into different moving modes.

Approach good cosplayers. Keep it top secret. Them at the event when revealing it would dazzle.

Deepen voices. Make dialogue more believable. Make characters say things that confirm them as confrontingly human. Zombies too, shouldn't want to shoot them. Avoid them to maintain ammo and maintain humanity.

Subtle haunting ambient music, I rekember the typewriter msic was good, not sure if from RE4 or RE2. More engironmental sounds, and correct positions for them eg fire, people in peril, rats, the soujd of zombies should be like them tryijg not to he heard, like a sound of a rat in a trashcan could be a zombie.

Prepared at all times.

In making the playthrough more realstic change some or all encounters so they don't playout as expected. Second play through, or third use the original scenes.

Aiming like RE4. Encourage the Move controller as the preferred system, make precision required. Use a lazer, or nothing forcing players in a harder no lazer mode to get used to where they are pointing.

A merc mode with only Hunk, Krauser and other mercs. Some of the same settings but more dark ones, like umbrella stuff, and they're the bad guys. Unlocked after finishing it. They are the escort for umbrella staff or something, or killing umbrella staff that may be infected, or people trying to leave Raccoon city. Combination of zombies and people with a mechanic to determine them and bonus for doing so. No gaudy icons for time extention, an item on the wrist changing to show te mssion has altered or time has been extended. A watch or PDA. Nothing current or futuristic. Show counter on watch.

No HUD. Character hdalth shown by their movement animations. Movement slower when injured, aiming worsened. Keep head height at the same height to make spherical aiming switch believable.

Test if faster firing and reloading breaks it. Perhaps initially shots are well aimed and the result unsure, later like a hidden exp bar shots are faster as well as reloads.

Multiple costumes available in game, no armour benefit. Just hidden stuff to find. Trying to touch everything resulting in customisation options like that.

Serious, not campy. The aftermath of ths plague on better people than that of today, Japan's 90's fantasy of America, like Silent Hill Homecoming. Should care about them, not humorable.

More present than backstory.

Boss areas only in memory, no past areas or future ones. Extremely visually impressive with area specific character animations.

Train cosplayers to perform actions, maybe get them to perform as they can first, capture that. Could use it as low exp animations or they could be better than their trained ones. Shouldn't ever witness repeating animations. Keep them in character out of them performing. Getting to be it, feel what characters in game are.

Advise a lack of sex and masturbation. Whole team go jogging and do fun exorcise, blow off tension by going out incognito like spies. Discuss ideas like it is the pinicale of social events others would want to be a part of. Try to have events be adult, relaying what that means and how much needs to come accross by the title in development. No nostalgia. No repeats. No "blowing up the fridge", there is always more, that is a fact, shouldn't need crew to have events planned prior but enjoy the moment of them, uncertainty, dissapointment fine, enjoyable by company, a good time to relax and take in things rather than be caught up in fun.

Respect dev teams self drive, no advice. Their submissions if seeming to require alteration have people good at that do it and ask the ones who did the first submission if the alterations are acceptable. Don't get people creating things altering them unless they want to, submitting them when they think they're perfect.

Don't judge personalities but expect there to be more to them, don't adjust to what is known or seemed to be known.

You like Leon should be out of place and in over your head. Camera depicting this, with Leon looking around and at things, what he looks at like Grim Fandango could be human remains eg notes, hopes. Get him to interact with them. Pick up a teddy bear, put it near a girl. Realise all this is not ok. Some freeroaming areas but people will prefer to not get lost. No obvious line to objective like Dead Space, having that up to the player is part of RE.

Make it so being stuck isn't boring. Areas change as you stay longer, curtains move with the wind, papers blow from desks, fires go out and spread. Some areas sets of animated spheres with extreme changes to the world, buildings smashed and such. Boss fights like that. Try to use 3D elements where possible, to lessen the disc space used by their presence.

Require a long install of character assets, decompressing captures. Use the best compression methods available. Perhaps use 30 hq luma denoising on VLC and emulate that effect everywhere to help reduce sizes while making things look better.

Have character and clutter captures under differdnt lighting conditions, they should blend entirely with the environment. Perhaps use high quality FXAA and increase blur so nothing stands out seperate.

If a hard drive install is required offer some playable thing to pass the time. A long movie might help.

Use upscaled 720i or 480i to blend in everything, hide detail deficiencies and increase space for everything.

60fps at all times, or as low as 23, like a movie, with mition blur for camera, and 60 fot aim. One frame of animation for each frame.

Need to be standing still to fire and aim obviously with the sphere method. Maybe not being able to look past an angle up or down to preserve disc space too.

Multiple discs. Say 4 at least. Fill usb sticks with game content if people write in, sharing them as a way of downloading. Ask majior shops to keep some handy, a portion of the "online" purchase going to them. Log in to PSN or Capcom account to play first time played to confirm a purchase was made.

Use USB sticks to help load times and general performance, as an option.

Controller assignments remappable but use shoulder buttons and triggers for primary uses. Offer button combinations as assignable functions too.

Have an online mode for mercenaries. Perhaps a co-op campeign mode requiring team work to progress. Some doomed people just living a little longer. Showcase the mercs as bad during that. Maybe show Hunk helping them minorly when he shouldn't. Nearly nobody helping. Some npcs in the same trouble too. Make it seem every NPC is a person, every zombie, every dead thing.

Maybe no option to shoot for co-op. But more environmental things to interact with. Try for a lot of characters for co op and randomise them the first play through, maybe, a random option available anyway.

Empathy for everyone, even the bad guys.
Stupidity leading to death a conflict with innocence.
Sheeming the real bad guys. People who are safe. The player the one keeping them in safety. Ironically the opposite of a cop. Getting people that matter out of horror and hopelessness and for no reward but that.

user, I don't know who's more retarded, me for not undersranding your most of your nonsense or you for the absurd shit I am picking up.

40 keks