What's the best survival mod for Arma 3? It has to have populated 1st person only servers...

What's the best survival mod for Arma 3? It has to have populated 1st person only servers. I tried Breaking Point and I loved it, but most people are playing on the 3rd person servers like the plebs that they are. And I'm getting bored of the zombie meme.

i've only played breaking point. nice to find another man of taste that understands 3rd person ruins it.

Fucking 3rd person plebs, might aswell play with wallhacks on.

Fucking revolting.

I'm not a neet so I don't have time to LARP with some fags who demand that I show up to training 2 times a week + the weekend games. Also, I'm European. Have you ever tried playing with other Europeans? Nothing worse than hearing people yell tacticool terms in their gypsie accents.

Found your problem. Also, nobody is talking about LARPing here, but survival modes in ArmA are about as asinine as RPG stuff.

I feel your pain. Any sort of decent milsim clan that doesn't take the game WAY too seriously is from burgerstan, so their regular op nights start at 4 AM for me, which just ain't fucking doable.

There are a few good European communities, but Zeus Community is probably your best bet. They play on Wednesdays and Saturdays, 1800 BST. No registration/training is required, you just need to have your addons sorted out and follow rules like "don't do dumb shit".

I dunno user, it doesn't sound very milsim

It doesn't have to be autistic to be milsim'y. Even though people expect you to know what they mean when they say "contact, bearing 270" and "wedge, red's on the right, blue's on the left", they won't sit you through a mandatory training course. Think of it like a pub where 90% of people already know the rules and are friendly towards newcomers.

If you know United Operations, it's basically like that as well. And the best part? Anyone gets to create missions for the gaming night - and people who're experience at that are constantly online on TS.

I guess I'm cursed with my past experiences with the perfect balance of autism and foon.

I only found two groups online user, the super-autists where you have to attend trainings twice a week and such and the "we call this milsim because we read the word somewhere" where if you go into TS you'll hear squeeky voices and kids who think actual sergeants yell "maggots" at their troops (in squeaky 13yo voices).

Exile.

Go back to reddit you fucking disgusting faggot.

It's a military sandbox. It even says so on the Steam store page's description.

It's an easily moddable game meant to be played however you want. I'm not sure why you would get super autistic about people playing it in a way you don't like.

The game is shit anyway. And I love it, but it is shit, I know I'm willingly eating shit when I play it, I know the devs are the laziest cunts to ever live, etc, etc.

Sometimes when I can't sleep, I dream of a well-optimized Arma 3.

(checked)
Just wait for like 2 more years and we will get something similar.
You will be dead by then though

What's wrong with third person? I actually like looking at my character, i even played Morrowind in third person.

It makes the game significantly easier since you can spot people from behind walls, trees, cover etc

It completely removes any sort of stealth for an attacking force. It's practically impossible to sneak up on someone who's in 3rd person. It just completely fucks up the balance of the game because people can just hide and wait for you without exposing themselves and knowing exactly when to strike. Dslyecxi has a video that explains it way better than I ever will. I guarantee you that if the game devs would have completely removed 3rd person from the game on launch the game would have a much stronger and more competitive playerbase. Much less of the 14 year olds who play Altis life for 2 months because they saw some memegamer playing it on Youtube.

It's literally cheating, that's what's wrong with it.