To the casuals: what's the hardest part of a fighting game to you?

To the casuals: what's the hardest part of a fighting game to you?

Pic possibly related.

The community.

With the games themselves, silly user.

This TBH.

Not as bad as the ASSFAGGOTS crowd though.

For me, its sticking combos with all the cancels and techs and shit. Button inputs are simple enough to learn.

For me, it's trying to find a character that's both fun to play and someone I can call my main. That and keyboard controls. Now let's see those mains.

Besides the community? For me, timing. I can't into control stick.

The only time I've had trouble in a fighting game is when trying to pull off pic related in a fight.

I can't figure out how to play Melty Blood without a joystick, and I don't have a joystick.

That's the raging storm, right?

But that's easier than a 720.

Putting everything I've learned into action. I'm way too panicky to play fighting games.

yeah

I have do fucking clue why it's so difficult for me, I'm been able to do standing 720s more than I've been able to do that

This.

There's no point joining fighting games now, regardless of which one it is. Playing with other people, you'll lose 1000 times, and by that point, you might be good enough to beat someone newer than you, maybe. So trying to break into fighting games is a pointless effort in this day and age.

Also they're usually assholes too but that's a different matter entirely.

How hard is it to go to EVO and hook up with some street fighter fangirl? Keep in my mind i have 0 interest in actual fighting games, i just wanna hook up with hot geeky girl dressed like chun li or something.

you'll be swarmed for not being a real nigga

Can i be a fake nigga that still gets pussy?

I waded through 100s of SF2 clones during the boom in the 90s, then into the early 3D fighting games.

Now I just can't give a damn anymore, for fundamentally 2 reasons. 2D fighters went anime retarded and now every kick, is wacky gadgets and explosions or some shit: I don't have time to set to mind every single animation to ascertain what the hell is happening on screen, even for basic moves. 3D fighter I haven't really played in recent years (outside of some generic DOA and Naruto shit with my son), but more limitedly they still strike me of autism when it comes to moves and combos: button combinations and rotations of the sticks where necessary in arcade coin-ops, due to the controller's hardware. 20 years later, I just want a dedicated button for everything.

Can't really talk about Smash, again we played it plenty in the family but I can't really associate it with proper fighters of old.

My aerial game is almost nonexistant.
I also really don't like having weird letters or numbers assigned to buttons. If I have to press X, list X as the button I'm supposed to press

That's why you grab games at release. That's when all the new people are going to be online and you'll get matched with people actually at your skill level. The past couple fighting games I picked up I had a blast with in the first couple weeks since there were so many equally clueless people to play with

Smartest option, but even if you rise above the tide of newbies who don't know what they're doing, you're immediately smashed back down by the people who have been playing fightan games since the 90s who are still much better than you and always will be.

So the best case scenario for a person new to the genre is the top of mediocrity.

My execution is absolute garbage and as a result my air game doesn't exist.

I can read my opponents well, I can do the footsies, but when it comes down to actually doing the combos I fail. I guess I'm just better suited to being a coach. It's a bad feeling.

Nigger please, only losers think that way. Like I said above I have shit execution, but even I've pulled off minor tournament wins just poking people to death. The people who say that newcomers can't get anywhere are the ones that refuse to put in practice.

It's funny because people assume I'm just being a dick and toying with my opponents, then they laugh when they realize I just legitimately can't do combos.

A lot of games are combo-centric nowadays so more and more is the footsies only style of play is getting less and less viable. Even SFV is pretty loaded with 33% combos now. The only game I can think that's friendly on the combos while having great footsies is Killer Instinct but nobody wants to play it because W10/Xbone

Also Sm4sh I guess.

Not getting bored with them.

That was the entire reason I couldn't get into MvC3. It felt like every slight move caused a flamboyant animation and every hit mean some animated shockwave had to flash on as well.

Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Watching videos of MvC3 always made me feel disoriented and borderline nauseous just from the constant flashing lights and colors all over the place. Very few games can do that to me.

Finding a main. I've gone through at least five different ones by now.

Then again, my biggest fighter is Melty, so I pretty much don't exist.

Charge moves are hard to pull off. Wanna play ST more than anything. The inputs are way more precise in it than anything else I've played. When I was a kid and couldn't do certain things I was amazed at how hard it could be. Obviously it was pre-YT or Twitch shit.

Going back to it in fightcade I can only nail a dp maybe 1/5 attempts and charge characters I can't make it happen at all. Plus when I'm actually playing anything competitively and only with fightans, not sports games, fps, dota or anything like that I get nervous and do stupid shit that I've literally just told myself not to do and that's the most painstaking part to making a mistake is that you know what it is you're doing that is comprising the mistake, being aware of when it's occurring and still not having the mental fortitude/adaptability to not do some bad habit or tech skill flub.

I want to git gud.

I don't really have a problem doing anything in the basic realm in fightans made past Garou but going back to SF2 and Alpha sometimes I can't execute simple shit.

Cancels in SF4 I worked on a bit and once I wrapped my head around it seemed a lot simpler. Trying to apply it to playing KOFXIII but do they not work quite the same way? Like you throw out say a punch hold it in, execute the motion then release to cancel a punch to fireball. In KOF I didn't seem to get the same result and not sure if there's some intricacy to the system I'm not aware of or if it's completely different than my current conceptualization of it.

Well, I'm a massive casual at fighting games. The hardest part at my level is inputing the stranger button movements, like those Z-shapes in your image. But that might be because I use a keyboard instead of one of those dedicated controllers.

I think the next thing that'd be hard for me would be memorizing which attacks can combo into each other. Beyond that, I guess you get into legitimate tactical skills and the like.

Give it practice. The dragon punch is way easier on keyboard than a stick.
If you're using WASD for your movement, that input would be D,S,S+D

My dick

people who find regular fighting games too boring and easy?

fighting players good enough so i can improve but not so good as to get sistematically rekt on sight.

I consider myself pretty casual and the worst thing is 1 frame links and similar stuff "kara inputs" in the case of Killer Instinct having to burn in your memory every combo string for all characters for the sake of using combo breakers and not dying in two 51% combos

Another stuff that still makes me rage are CHARGED Z INPUTS,(Geese's Raising Storm or Decapre's Ultra)
are they made just like that with the specific purpose of being difficult to execute and to destroy joysticks or thumbs?

Charge characters in general are a pain in the ass because you need to be charging at all times, good thing Capcom is looking forward to eliminate charges and Killer Instinct just makes them instant

The ones with X's i havent played or didnt enjoy (havent gotten to play skullgirls or the jojo's)

Just learning how to predict and react to things. My reactions to everything are always fucking awful and I end up mashing shit out and failing to respond to obvious shit when I should be just doing nice and steady inputs. Doing combos is generally easy enough, understanding frame data and matchups and strategy is easy enough, but when it comes to executing it all in matches I just fuck it all up constantly by reacting to everything wrong.

keyboard makes it easier and faster than stick, especially if you use hit box layout. It takes maybe like 10 hours of practice then you can get it down. only thing difficult is 720 which requires dedication. I would recommend building a hitbox stick after you get the motions down

but why

He thinks a keyboard can double has a hitbox, despite it having different response time and ergonomics, but well i can't really judge whether it works or not

Whoa!

I cannot into charge characters no matter how hard I try. I just want to play Leona decently. Why is that too much to ask?

You will have a far easier time getting a regular girl and having her dress up as chun li. girls love this shit, I don't know why.

dealing with grabs
they have like one frame of animation and break blocks and it feels like 100% guesswork trying to avoid them

they're usually pretty slow
grab or hit them as fast as you can

Good fighting sticks cost too much for my second world ass.

wasd cramps your hands, plus you don't have a finger on every key. And it is only temporary until you can build a hitbox yourself.

what do you mean by response times? Do you mean like actuation force? you can get cherry reds if you want instant or you can pick what ever you want.

I made myself the cheapest joystick ever out of chinese plastic for what would amount to $14 dollars

It works pretty well, it probably wont last 2 years but so far i think its good enough, it was also a really educative experience

If you can learn how to make one you can buy the parts yourself and build one with top quality parts for less than half the commercial price

I'm sure you can get a reasonable stick for maybe €50. If you're using not having a stick as an excuse for being bad at fighting games you probably don't need a stick yet anyway.

Sometimes you just gotta guess. Strike/Throw is one of the tamest guessing games around.

Can you even imagine
THE PAIN?

I'm bad at reading opponents, and I know nothing about combos. I'm just generally bad all around.
I remember playing SF4 online for the first time and getting my ass kicked because I was on an old version, and online people who were good were still playing.

Trying to do and perform combos fucks my shit up, especially with the read shit going on. Special move inputs are fine, but I don't know shit about kara cancelling and frame data

I'm fucking garbage at fighting games
I have a hard time attacking because I have a shit memory, so I can't remember any combos, and I accidentally jump a lot because of my spazzy fingers always pressing up
I can't even play smash right

Trying to get the smash ball. i hate it when it goes high up and i have to jump to get it, the dpad hurts my thumb.

Out of experience i can tell you a stick makes worlds of difference, using a digital pad i have lots of trouble pulling DP's to the left, they only come out half the times,i don't care much about it because like i said i only play to have fun, also for some reason playing fightan with analog sticks is impossible for me, first because i don't want to wreck my analogs and second because inputs like running or backdashing take forever.

same here, albeit being compounded alongside not knowing jackshit about whatever games meta there is, and however the hell tier lists for characters and moves stack up for

as much as I love Virtua Fighter, that won't stop me from getting my ass kicked in every single match

I get what you're talking about. On pad I had a lot of trouble with just getting 100% consistent downbacks and sometimes got opened up for no real reason. And you have a hard time inputting arbitrary combinations of buttons.
But there's a lot of other ways you can improve first before buying stick and you certainly shouldn't blame everything on stick when pad players have won EVO.

Well as a genre I've just been pretty shit at it, I can't seem to just pick up and play and feel an instant sense of mastery like I can with most other genres. As well the barrier for entry seems pretty high. and I'm alright with that

How do you do a Shoryuken

post SF3 basically tap and hold forward then wiggle it down then back up.

Learning combos where the timing is really weird and you're positive you're doing the command perfectly then you find out you were supposed to wait another 5ms.

Once you get into all that frame territory, the appeal is gone.

The thing that leads me often times to giving up in fighting games is knowing I'll just never have the dedication to really lab things out and build the muscle memory and general game knowledge to pull off slick looking shit like the japs do.

I was watching Excellent Adventures and F Champ said he and Ricki spent like 10 hours a day over six days just doing dissecting V every which way they could and while they're both very amazing, talented and on the top level of American players, I don't think they're in the same caliber as the top level SE Asians.

Fighting games, rather like a real martial art, are something I'd love to just be a master at but I don't have the focus and determination of will to really achieve that though I feel as if I could do with some sort of catalyst.

The AI in Arcade/Story Mode.

The frame data.
Fun.

linking together frame-perfect juggles, especially when under pressure.

Similarly, dealing with opponents that CAN link together combos is extremely frustrating.

I like my opponent to be competent and thoughtful, but not a frame-perfect tourneyfag that forces me to watch in shame as my character is skillfully juggled across the screen several times every single time I get an incorrect read.

you are overwhelming yourself, that is extreme high level. if you are a regular player, then you focus on one fundamental per match, like anti airing every jump in. or teching throws

I'm terrible at fighting games, so but I think the hardest is planning combos on the fly and executing them.

Honestly, partially but also the learning curve. Most of them I've seen expect you to be pretty well versed in the genre and be a reflex master to be any semblance of good. Add this with how inorganically they tend to present combos and shit (through fucking lists), and I end up feeling like I've been put in an advanced class I never learned the basics of.

So pretty much they make me feel retarded for not knowing what I'm doing.

There's two reasons they're made like that.

The first one is that games with those motions come from the arcade days when you rarely had a movelist and at most it'd just be for basic attacks, so if you were that kid coming in busting out raging storms or raging demons everyone would suck your dick trying to figure it out.

The other reason is that those moves do stupid damage or have some really good shit to them, I know raging storm in particular shuts down pretty much everything, but the input is fucking retarded

Learning the tech. I feel like I should be learning/practicing an actual practical skill instead and do that.

For me it's memorizing more than three characters over a span of games. Let me play long enough and I can become passable, but my friends are fickle and jump all over the fucking place and don't like playing the same game longer than one week so we jump to another meaning I need to relearn the inputs and I'm back to square one.
I don't really like playing online, so against friends is really my only way of practicing so I'm kinda stuck in a permaloop of badness and sadness.

Oh, and fuck Deltas.

Proper movement and identifying openings before the opportunity is gone. I've bought like 4 different weeb fighters at launch and never done anything but spend eternity trying to get comfortable in training mode and maybe a handful of random matches online where I get my shit pushed in. I'll never be able to play them properly and it makes me sad because they're so flashy and I just know I'd love the gameplay if I weren't too stupid to fully understand it. Maybe things would be different if I'd played the genre as a kid, but I never really had the opportunity.

Why does them playing longer than you matter? Is someone being better than you in a game such a bad thing? They are good for one reason. They learn from their mistakes. Think of all the people you have beaten in other games. How many years have they been playing games? You'll realize that it doesn't even matter since many play like shit no matter what. That's because they refuse to learn from their mistakes and don't want to get better. They are much better than you because they learned the game and maybe from their mistakes. Learn the game, then learn from from the people who beat you.

You don't memorize combos. You memories that certain attacks easily chain into other attacks. And the more of these you learn, you'll be pulling off big combos by just chaining a series of small 4 hit combos. Even better? Combos don't mean shit if your blocking is good. A iron defense combined with good punishing can make you go far.

TL;DR, play the game and learn it like every other damn game that you can't master by playing for 2 hours.

good thing im not one.

Playing against other people.

Tbh fam I never tried a real fighting game
There are two things I really dislike. One is not having the control over my camera and the second thing is being enclosed in an arena. Now, there are games that have or the other. But fighting games, they have both. Never ever playing that shit.

I don't understand what you mean. Everything that there is to display, like in say, SF5, is displayed. Why would you hold "no control over the camera" as a negative?

Also technically every game is enclosed in an arena, the games area is strictly limited.

It feels like I have no limbs. Only times when that's passable is in games with an overhead camera.

That's very jew-y. Don't argue semantics.

How so? To use the same game, you aren't in an arena in most stages. You are in a forest, jungle, street side, etc.

So is it the "theme" of an enclosed arena, or the mechanics? because it begs the question how you deal with any game since the boundaries of movement exist in all of them. And if it's the "theme" well most games lack an arena theme.

What the fuck.

You don't argue with claustrophobia be it real or in vidya. Also, if I can't see right behind my opponent, and you usually can't since the camera doesn't allow it, that's frustrating as fuck.

Keep playing the game without getting tired of it. It just gets kinda boring after a while

My slow reflexes
Any move that's more complicated than a quarter moon
My shitty finger coordination

Okay, but what if you don't like the attack/block/whatever button being the x button? Fighting games are designed with customizable button mapping as a default, so that the player can use whatever control scheme is most comfortable. Also, if you do the "press X button route" you now have to do the same thing for every console, which is more work than just "press Heavy Punch!"

Just play all the characters. If you like any one more than the others, great. If you don't, then play whoever is best for the situation (counter picking, matchups).

Are you good at street fighter? Because if Sherry Jenix thinks your cum will make her better at fightans, it's a go. Otherwise, it's a no. There's too many thirsty beta grognards, and it turns the women there off.

Keyboard is actually awesome for fightans. For the "z-shape" (dragon punch motion), you press forward, then down, and then down+forward+whatever attack button. Just practice and you'll get the hang of it. Just know that if you dedicate yourself you regular keyboard setup (arrows on right, whatever buttons on left hand), it may be difficult to leave your house, as there aren't any options like that available for purchase, so you would have to make some sort of custom (which is actually easy). I was at Combo Breaker, and Psychopath has a keyboard layout hitbox made out of a big shoe box. You could also just make a hitbox and flip the top panel over.

Memorizing movesets, retarded combos, gimmicks, and hitboxes in games where they're not obvious.

I've got all the fundamentals down like footsies and whatnot, and I'll tend to dominate in older games that I've played a lot like SF2, Soul Calibur 2, Divekick, or Melee, but I don't play fightan' games often enough to follow the bullshit flashyness that goes on, or look at new weekly characters and bullshit charge moves and supers and x factor special mode character swap specials and shit.

netcode.
i live in bumfuck nowhere.

well playing online is annoying

That having friends that will play with you and not jump to the next flavor of the month game.

My biggest problem when it comes to getting into fighting games is combos. I enjoy the mind games with another player as you try and figure out what the opponant is going to do but getiing juggled for 10 seconds without being able to respond is shit. I don't really like combos and usually have trouble memorizing and them and being able to perform them. I usually find myself liking characters that can be played with a focus on poking or countering the enemy so I don't have to rely on combos as much. I only really play Blazblue much and Hakumen is my favourite character in that because he does high damage with normal attacks and has a counter mechanic so I can focus more on figuring out what the other guy is going to do and try to counter it, I can also do much better against people who just spam one or two combos once i've learnt their moveset due to his counter being so effective.

I also suck at making movements with the joystick. I'm really inconsistant and end up failing to do certain moves half the time.

I think command and certain gimmicks can be a bitch for people. Guilty Gear isn't what I call a friendly game for a beginner; hell, even BlazBlue can be hard when you have a system that will punish you for whiffing or wasting time.

The fgc is pretty bad on so many levels (shitty behavior, elite autism, etc). Some games either don't have communities (VF), or are hypocritically hated by the fgc (KI, MK, DoA5: Last Round). Even if it has a community, chances are it's not a very friendly one (Tekken and Soul Calibur, because the ass-holes in the competitive scene refuse to help people improve their game unless they get weed, money, and blowjobs. That's why the 3D scene in the US is so dead).

It doesn't help that if you're in the US, the only active scene is in the West coast (because East sucks, and doesn't give a fuck about outdated video games). It's a shame how KI gets so much shit (some of it is deserved). My area used to have a fighting game night in some comic shop, but the store owner got sick of everybody's shit (Can't blame him from what I saw an experienced).

That's why you look for local scenes/meet ups/fighting game events in your area. Unfortunately, if your area lacks a fighting game scene, you gotta make one or move on from fighting games*.

*I wanted to make a fighting game scene, but I got tired of all the shite I saw in the community while realizing it's time to move on from fighting games.

I bought Tekken 6 on release, and even when I went online it was almost unplayable. If the netcode is garbage, and you don't have a scene in your area, you'[re fucked if you want to "git gud, m8."

VF got so much better with 4 and 5. Too bad it has no scene in the US, and Sega refuses to let non-Asians enjoy it.

I usually find frequent game swapping to be pretty difficult. If I stick to 1 or 2 games I'll do better, makes it easier to keep execution practiced and my mind games fresh.

I also have a bit of a distaste for overly combo-focused games. Makes the game less about outplaying people in more interactions and more about properly executing the same stuff over and over again after winning a handful of interactions.

dealing with inputs that can barely be made with a keyboard (ie delta/triangle input)

that fuckin z move thing
I cannot fucking do it for the life of me
been trying to learn fight games lately I started with dengeki bunko on ps3 so I can play as my waifu

the hardest part is justifying memorizing a bunch of combos/techniques just to play with a sub-par community with shit technology. its either netplay with emulated games on some proprietary emulator (because apparently people don't know RetroArch exists), play locally on some console, or play the latest milking scheme where DLC is abound. why can't there just be one good open source engine/framework for fighting games? seems like you could make basically every fighting game with such a thing.

fuckking pretzels I swear
I can't play geese for shit thanks to that input command

Just press forward then quarter circle forward + input

you'd be smarter to go to cons if you're just trying to stick your dick in crazy

Playing on a 360 controller.

Wait has ryu always had the jodan sokuto geri?

The speed of the damn things. I have the reflexes of a dying tortoise, so I cannot into fightan gaems.

Maybe a little late but whatever:
FUN FACT: On 2002UM/98UMFE you can do the Raging Storm with HCBx2,df + A/C or with HCBx3+A/C
I have no problem doing the pretzel motion on a controller like my DS3. KOF buffer is pretty lenient. You don't have to do it fast, just do it right.

Fighting games are the funnest shit ever but the true difficulty comes from fighting those who know how to exploit the game's various systems to fuck you in the arse.

There are some cases where victory is a practical impossibility against someone who is that much deeper into the rabbit hole than you and that is incredibly annoying.

Fighting games are truly fun at mid-level of play, with good old button slamming, bad tactics, input mashing, sub-optimal combos and the like because they are far less predictable and nobody has a reputation to live up to.

I love fighters and the sense of getting better is always fun. Even enjoy getting my ass beat online as long as I learn something. The feeling of putting that all together and winning is the bees knees. Truly I only play them casually but I'm definitely not a casual at fighting games. Saying that, double half circle supers are a pain in the ass.

I can understand that. The better you get the harder it is to find that opponent close to your level. Once everyone gets so good everything starts to become more static and less chaotic. Things get chaotic again when you find someone on your level. People throwing all their cross-ups, mixups, setups, gimmicks, and other tricks at each other yet both players are making up strategies on the fly to deal with the shit they're flinging. Love those fights but it's rare to see online.

Can we get a story time on what happend that made the comic shop owner quit those fight nights maybe?

Tons and tons of other games can change their button prompts in response to rebinds. There's no reason it can't be done here

because that's a slight bit of extra effort that's not needed since they already have their terms like
A B C D (SNK games and blazblue)
LP(K) MP(K) HP(K), (Street fighter, Skull grirls)
P K S HS. (Guilty Gear)

Not even all high budget games rename binds in game it's not an odd thing out for fighting games to not, especially when they usually have their own button names you can bind yourself to use..

You're the type of player who sticks with one character throughout every game in the series, despite if they're bad or not. That's not a bad thing.

story time?

Truthfully the hardest part of getting into fighting games was learning the fundamentals properly, i lost a fuckton of matches before something just clicked and it all made sense, now i play all the fighting games, not well, but competent enough to have fun, it's great and it's sad to see so many fall when there's so much fun to be had.

Trying to pull of circular moves with Sodom.

I had a kindred spirit right here this whole time

Finding people who want to play with me offline

I hate KI on principle because of the fags who play it simply because it's free.
Go to anywhere excluding here where fighting games are the subject and there will be fags who'll just go in to say KI is the best fighting game then proceed to shit on any other game most likely the one that the actual topic is about, they were here a little while after they multiplied after the release but they were constantly told to fuck off and leave because everyone was sick of their shit.

Your Average KI poster has played no other fighting game for more then 2 hours on average (bar maybe MK) because when they are asked why it's the best they will simply list buzzwords or say things that are in any other fighting game (Bar mortal kombat of course) like footsies and high low strings and when this is called out they will start screaming and summoning their kin to downboat / flag them to death (a reason why they stopped coming to fighting threads here because they can't downboat their opinion up)

Nothing on the game itself or the people who actually play it at a high level but I know for a fact the locust wave of shitters who appear in hordes in places just to shit on everything else I doubt in any way from the way they talk about fighting mechanics they can play the game at anything close to a high level or even at medium, just thanks to the game being free there are a lot of bad players and they have slightly above average talent at it they start to think it's the best thing ever because they're not getting curve stomped for once and obviously the others are bad because they do.

I after all this though do like the games method of selling a game because it could be reworked into the perfect way to get people into the genre, just make it free and have the people select a character of their choice.

Didn't work for Soul Calibur and Tekken. And Id rather own my games then have it locked behind a server only for the game to never be played again 5 years from now.

Didn't those games also lock your gameplay too?

I know for a fact the Tekken one locked you to 2 arcade modes and 5 matches before you had to wait an hour or pay like it was some cell phone game.

Being locked on a shitty ass 2D perspective and having a limited set of skills

I know these are aapain in the ass the way i do them is HCF, HCB, HCF works 100% of the time but since it requires more movement it will take more precious frames to execute and thus isn't easy to react with it to something

I feel you bro

What game gives you an unlimited set of skills?

I still don't understand what people in the FGC have against DoA.
When I see people shit on MK, they at least try to justify their hate with "it's easymodo" "it takes no skill", but I have yet to see a reason as to why DoA is supposedly shit.

No matter what game it is, 9/10 online matches I play in I get my shit pushed in. Even the ones that I actually manage to win aren't satisfying either since the reason I won is typically because my opponent is braindead retarded or it was a fluke.

Also I don't know if there's something wrong with me but the joints in my fingers lock up like crazy when I try moving them in complex motions. It's usually okay but it gets really bad when trying to do all those complex inputs. After a while my fingers are so stiff I can't even pull off a hadouken.

I really want to play fightan since I love the concept, but I can't git gud and I can't handle the bantz

DoA is weird. All I hear from FGC folks is that it's a good game, but nobody except Kazunoko plays it.

also, wall juggling is bullshit.

the first 3 games were counter to win with no honest reason to attempt to attack bar grabs.

After that the game just wasn't a bunch of peoples tea, I think even the newer games have 70%-90% off of stage hazards which is never liked.

in marvel? yes

actually the only mainline game he has it in is 3, Capcom will give it to him in marvel, tatsunoko, and xTekken, but god forbid he has it in 4 or 5

People use controller mods all the time, you'll see SFV being played on PS4 but people will have their dreamcast sticks, genesis controllers, and xbox 360 pads anyway.

and then you have the megaretards that do stupid shit like bind all the top buttons to kick or my friend who has triple punch on triangle and heavy kick on L2 and all kinds of crazy shit.

and then on PC you can fuck off because games autoassign to 360 but rarely does anyone actually use a 360 controller, on top of non-windows controllers not technically being supported on PC.

It's easier to just say "Press light kick/A" and if you spent more than 3 seconds looking at the controls, you'd know what button light kick or A is

Charge characters

Seriously those commands fuck my shit up (the hold down then up commands even more so) because I can never get the timing right, or just flub the input entirely on my d-pad, especially in combos.

That and the difficulty curve when playing online, you're just asking to get your shit fucked repeatedly.

I've tried multiple times to break into this genre and I just can't do it.