King of the Hill thread

So… I've been marathoning the whole series or at least as many episodes I can find and I'm already at season 10, but I still have a lot of questions.

-Where is Khan's mom? wasn't she dating Bill?
-Why is Hank so disgusted of Bobby having a body waste management business when he is the first one in talking about hard work?
-Why I love most of the episodes yet the examples like the one where he needs to shame and scare Bobby to death to try to lead him to shitty propane dealership contrast with his, usual, common man wisdom?
-Why does Joseph have facial hair if he is an indian like his father Dale?

King of the Hill thread I guess.

She was dating Bill at one point, but I think they didn't want to actually change the status quo and give Bill a steady relationship, so they never brought her back after that episode.
I hear a lot of people complain about that episode, and I agree that if they were trying to make Hank be in the right, the writers should have done it differently. Hank objected to Bobby doing that because he didn't think it was a "respectable" line of work, and he thought Bobby would eventually regret going into it. Of course, this is entirely just his speculation which doesn't do much to justify his point of view.
Everyone on the show does stupid shit sometimes, Hank included.
>Why does Joseph have facial hair if he is an indian like his father Dale?
puberty I guess

I had the wrong impresion that indians couldn't grow facial hair.

He's not completely Native, that's probably why. He probably gets it from his mom's side.

Good explanation, even if he looks more like his father.

Anyway, is it true they are going to revive King of the Hill? It would feel a bit forced to be honest. Especially with so many 'politics' on today's television.

Last I heard they were in talks to do it, but what with Disney buying Fox I'm not sure they'd revive it. It'd be interesting to see Mike Judge's take on things now since KOTH routinely poked fun at liberals. Given that Disney is at the head of it now though, if it does come back it'll probably be pozzed pretty hard.

You know there's a complete torrent on the pirate bay, right?

It's been a long time since I've seen the episode, but if you think about this episode in light of the episode where Bobby is going all in with the "cool" version of Christianity and Hank reveals that his ultimate worry was that Bobby would abandon his religion like a fad is it possible that Hank could have been worried that Bobby would come to see hard work as a fad?

I guess Bill won't get a happy ending.

But Luann is kill

They even cut his happy end from the original finale.

This kills the soul.

This, also, what else can Fox (or I guess Disney, since they bought them) do with the characters if they do decide to bring it back?

Hank and Bill will be the butt of every joke, Boomhauer will have less screen time because his womanizing is problematic, Dale will be such an obvious alt right parody it will be painful, Peggy will be the always right voice of reason.

Oooh I hope not, I hope Connie becomes the voice of reason, I rather take some Lisa Simpson shit than Peggy, Substitute Teacher of the Year who kidnapped a kid becoming a voice of reason.

Most likely in a retirement home, and I guess the writers didn't want Bill to have a decent relationship.
Writers tend to jumble up things, and there is a case of a out of character moment. That, and I guess the writers were trying to find someone to antagonize Bobby, but if they were really going to go with that route, why not Kahn or that other stuck up Laotian and his son be the assholes for the ep, and Hank despite not enjoying Bobby's choice of career comes in and supports his son.
Majority of characters of this show do some stupid shit, and like the above answer, it really depends on the writers. You would think Hank would support his choice, and be happy that Bobby didn't decide to go with being a prop comedian or an actor.
>Why does Joseph have facial hair if he is an indian like his father Dale?
Puberty, and at least he has his personality of his dad.

And Lucky as well.

That was a fucking mistake.

Good, Luanne and Lucky are better off dead. Just like Cotton.

Shut your mouth, Hank's wife!

Hank thought Bobby couldn't do it and keep a respectable air because he's a fat klutz who'd be starting from scratch while the guy who ran that business was good-looking, charismatic and already had it made.

My two cents on the show, while I think it never reaches zombie Simpsons levels of bad, I think there's a noticeable drop in quality mostly with how the characters act - Peggy gets more insufferable, Bobby more of a tool, Luanne more stupid, Dale's paranoid behavior gets cartoonishly ridiculous like how Homer Simpson goes from "working class dumb" to pants-on-head-retarded etc. There's a shitload of episodes where everyone but Hank actively conspire to ruin Bill's life and, personally, I felt the constant retconing (maybe not the right word) hurt the series, particularly with Bill and Bobby because there's tons of episodes about them having special talents or skills and that shit is completely forgotten by the next episode.

If it wasn't for the newly born girl and Joseph growing facial hair, I was going to believe the chapters weren't in cronological order. But as you all said it probably was caused because there were different screenwriters. In fact, the best episodes for me were the ones where Bill and Bobby grew as persons and characters, showing they weren't retarded, just emotionally harmed or undervalued.

This show was boring

I agree with this as well, including the retconing. Not only those characters regressed over the show, but also Cotton and Redcorn.

t. Jimmy Witchard

Reminder that Mike Judge is a Cuckertarian ala South Park who holds White America in contempt.

maybe but at least he did something interesting instead of just picking the low hanging fruit

Now, fellas, I think we can all agree on the one character that's better off dead.

hooyeah.

I Don't think so. Without her, Hank wouldn't be so good. For a character to be good we need a character to be bad.

It's the same with Wolverine and Cyclops. Wolverine is cool and a loner because the Xmen have a leader who everyone hates even if he is competent.

Get in the box.

are you saying peggy is competent?

Ey! don't put words in my mouth! I meant cyclops!

And the point is that Hank needs Peggy to be as likeable as he is.

That idea is beyond retarded. Though it does help to demonstrate how badly the writers were reaching for a justification for Hank's actions during that christian rock episode.

You think so? I quite liked Hank's reasoning in the cool Christianity episode, it's easy imagining Bobby getting fed up with it after a short time and rejecting Christianity altogether.

I'm not saying Hank's reasoning was wrong though, just that the writers were really reaching for it, why bother instilling anything in Bobby if Hank thinks Bobby might end up seeing it as a phase?

Hanks reasoning in the poop scoop episode was that Bobby was only following that Chad mentor because he was charming, likable, and very charismatic, so he got a pass when it came to his gross profession, but bobby wasn’t those things, so if he went into that line of work, that’d be the cherry atop the loser sundae