fextralife.com/calculator/dks3builds.html
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3

share your
>wafiu

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife
nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/18/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Haven't played much since I completed the game a few days after launch. I started a new character so I could go back and do the things I didn't do the first time around, but I've just not that the desire to play. It's series fatigue, and I'm upset about it. I like the game, but I feel like there's so many other games I could be playing and so fuck it.

I got Dank Memes 3 for 27 bucks the other day. Pretty fun, but a few things are certainly disappointing so far. I don't like how they reused Andre of Astora and Siegmey-, I mean Siegward. Something that really pisses me off is that I can find hidden enemies that blend in with the environment by randomly locking on. What's the fucking point of their disguises? I've heard poise is broken somehow. Anybody care to elaborate?

I just got it. Played for only 2 hours then binged Crash Bandicoot Warped for the rest of the night. I know as long I have emulators, I can keep my gaming experience fresh by jumping between wildly different genres.

Mediocrity Souls. The weapons are fucking boring, the bosses are jokes and there's barely any brain power required for exploration.

Played it to completion twice then went back to Bloodborne.

Maybe "DLC" will help round it out.

One job, OP.

I love it though my fun with it is short lived due to PvE build variety being more boring than ever. Spells that were fun to use have been nerfed to uselessness that it's pointless investing in them even as supplementary to physical builds. The decision to seperate weight burdern and stamina has made making physical builds less felxible. Overall the PvP community has fucked up the PvE experience. Demon's Souls will always be the game where you can have fun experiementing.

unplayable garbage/10

i bet from wants me to buy it consoles

Ded game.

well ive beaten it, now what?
all i feel is disappointment, it too had little of what made DaS1 fucking magical

in my experience the game is very sensitive to CPU load, clock it higher and close everything else if you want rid of those frame dips. i had an 2.8 GHz 8 core 16 thread xeon i played it with for a while, and with stuff open it would stutter like a bitch. when i dropped in my 3.5 GHz 6 core 12 thread xeon, this issue disappeared completely. it also seems to favour intel chips to the tune of about 10 FPS with my settings.

given how old and weak that card is, you may want to consider picking up a cheap newer card, the 7970 is ok for playing it at around 45 FPS with most things maxed at 1440p, but i find a 290 is really what you want to max it at 1440p.

>darksouls3.wiki.fextralife

If I saw a person using that sword in person I'd punch them out immediately.
Its not broken or even remotely good. It's just stupid looking and doesn't fit the rest of the game.
I'd do the same to anyone playing Tracer in Overwatch.
You're worthless cunts.

IIRC Poise was in the game but From "turned it off". There's some videos showing it.
As is, there are zero benefits to choose heavy armor and weapons, even for PvE.

Similar. Stuck around for the Platinum (because autism) and I'm taking a break until the DLC.

Played DEX with a zest of Quality which seems to be the build that gives the most bang for its stat investment.
Found the game dull and linear. There's some good enemies, really gorgeous environment and the fashion is top notch but it feels very linear, short once you know what you are doing, NG+ that offers nothing but a ring hunt and a lot of enemies are either walking tanks with perfect tracking and borderline infinite delay attack strings or fuckers that keep auto dodging everything you do before killing you with a chimp out.
Only boss I truly enjoyed fighting was Champion Gundyr; Dragonslayer Armor would be fantastic as well if it didn't have those things shitting aids blood at you or shoop-da-whoop'ing the area from off-screen. Everyone else seemed to either rely on some retarded gimmick to be challenging (like Aldrich's arrow spam) or go from punching bag to mongoose on crack once phase 2 kicks in. Not too mention all the gimmick/filler shit (Deacons, Wyvern, Yhorm, etc).
Also hate how the lore is some 'Director's Cut' bullshit / total fanwank.
Started a STR build because the NG++ run was being tedious as fuck. Game heavily discourages using anything but R1 spam (besides sword thrusts), 2-handing barely increases damage output and the starting mercenary weapon somewhat manages to stun lock more efficiently than any STR weapon I had until Propane Capital. For the first time in the series, I deleted a character. Not because the game was significantly harder with that build but because it was boring me to tears.
I hate to say it but, I enjoyed DaS2 more.

Is that the one with the move where you flail on the ground like a fish out of water?

Please OP, wikidot has been around longer (DeS's only wiki) and has always been better (higher quality control, cleaner presentation, more in-depth mechanical functionality such as weapon movesets, etc). Fextralife just pays more to get noticed more on google.

As for build:

Faith Warrior - Knight SL125:
30 Vig
18 Attune
30 End
30 Vit
26 Str
18 Dex
10 Int
45 Fai
07 Luc

Weapon: +10 Refined Lothric Great Sword
Shield: +5 Shield of Want/+5 Dragon Crest Shield/Other Crest shield types
Fashion: Either Dark Knight Set, or:
Catheral Knight Helm, Lothric Knight Armour, Nameless Knight Leggings, Hard Leather Gloves
Rings: Gundy Chain, Havel/FAP, Knight/Priest, Cloranthy

Waifu: Yorshka

Yeah, fextralife is faggier, but in terms of content they're nearly identical for Dark Souls 3, and in DS1 they had a clear advantage.

Is magic still fucked? Running through the game with full lothric knight RP, was gonna try sorc next.

DaS2 had a shit ton of faults but playing as a sorceror or hexer was a blast

Why would someone do that.

Duplicate thread. Check the catalog.

check my dubs

I do not see any dubs.

P L E A S E
C H E C K
D U B S

You mean these?

MUSTARDRACE WINS AGAIN!
nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/18/?

Has From said ANYTHING about the future of this game? Or are they just going to shit out 2 or 3 DLC areas and leave it as-is?

That was the most intense experiences I've ever had in one of these games.
I attribute my temporary success to the extreme quantities of alcohol I consumed.

Wow, I'll admit that I was memeing when I made this post, but I just played through an area or two with this on and the game actually feels much better now.
No longer do I have to be 200% cautious over every fucking thing stunlocking me to death, no longer a single attack from a rat means 70% hp lost due to lolstunlock.
This, this shit actually fixes the game.
Turn it off when summoning/invading then, you can even assign it to a hotkey with CE.

They said that "poise is working as intended".
I'm not even kidding.

Maybe because it's kinda more balanced that way. Wearing medium armor basically doubles your health pool at the moment with very small mobility penalty. You add poise to this game and you will have nothing but but med armor - longsword fags running all over, because everything else would be absolutely worthless by comparison.

But that's only because somehow being at 30% load and 70% load is the same fucking thing.
Removing poise also makes the game unbalanced, since 40% of the in-game weapons become unusable due to no poise.

reminder that the "System requirements" are bullshit and the game works only on computers it feels like working on

Season Pass

But seriously I expect a rehash of the old hunters dlc except with the abyss that "fixes" magic by adding overpowered catalysts and/or spells and that's it.

Works fine on my i5 gtx760. Except than I have something in background that uses CPU. It seems like game mostly depends on cpu.

How do we make invading fair?

It's already the fairest it ever was.

Boss OPINIONS Time

Luder Gundyx:
Ok fight to set the mood for the game, even if a bit on the easier side.
Vordt:
Eh, cool concept but too easy.
Greatwood:
Easy as fuck gimmicky fight, once you find out where the eggs are there's no way to lose
Crystal Sage:
Like pinwheel but slightly harder, still easy as fuck
Abbys Watchers:
First form is easy as fuck, second form is ok even if more of the same
Deacons:
Mob fight bullshit
Wolnir:
Impossible to lose unless you're retarded
Old Demon King:
Same shit as the fire demon you fight but slightly harder, only slightly
Pontiff:
Good fight up until the second form where it becomes retarded, should've made him more frantic or something instead of letting him spawn another pontiff and calling it a day
Yhorn:
Gimmick bullshit
Aldrich:
Crystal Sage with RNG, basically piss easy unless she decides to use the second-form arrow attack, luck based fight
Dancer:
Generally generic, nothing stands out
Dragonslayer:
What pontiff should've been, could use some more moves though
Oceiros:
Eh, piss easy too, and not much memorable
Champion Gundyr:
Gud fight, one of the best in game probably
Younger Prince:
Teleporting dancer, only has some difficulty because you gotta kill him twice with no breaks
Wyvern:
Basically not a boss fight at all
Nameless King:
Another good fight, even if the first form is a pushover
Soul of Cinder:
A really good fight, probably the best of the game, shame you've got to deal with all the bullshit before it.

Final Veridct:
Eh, only a few good bosses and generally you can't get away with using anything slower than an axe in most of them, all of them except Soul of Cinder also only allow for rollspam and it's better to just two hand your weapon than use a shield most of the times.

I still get triggered by fags on here insisting that poise doesn't work and that you can only invade people who already have a partner.

THE FUCKING CASUALS

poise is not "turned off" you FUCKING AUTIST

its a cluster fuck in some regions, witch only encouages people to play offline, while being "fight club" *gank quad city* circle jerks in other regions

all the bosses have fucked up "shock wave" hitboxes while some of them address this by "only staggering you" if your on the edge of them but leaving you open to a direct hit making it almost better to have just gotten knocked on your ass properly rather than stagring around drunk sorry dazed for 2 sec

notable examples are curse rotted great wood and yhorn

the dancer is its own ball of cancer witch lies exclusively in the fucked up animations pick fucking related. you see when someone is taking a swing at you you expect their to be steady acceleration thew-out the swing. rather than starting out slow as fuck then accelerating to the speed of fucking light over the last split second. and if god forbid you are paying attention to the windup witch is normal you end up anticipating the attack as if it where going to happen sooner than the accrual attack occurs. making just about every fucking move a god dam change up, save the fucking helicopter of DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM witch is impossible to block, and unless you time each fucking roll perfectly (and god forbid you are missing any stamina when it starts) you will be stun locked into a pile of meat. unless you where lucky enough to drop aggro.

now a lot of "experienced gamers" have learned to power threw this bullshit by memorizing the animations and dodging appropriately rather than simply being able to react to whatever the fuck the animation implies is going to happen.

How else would you describe the "Poise = off" line then?

it is working as intended

the calculation is (poise + new item poise) -( poise x new item poise/100)

Poise is turned off retard, in cheat engine enabling poise is literally changing Poise = 0 to Poise = 1

because it only functions when you are in an animation, otherwise it is off.

The worst shockwaves are the wyverns, they're like o&s' buttpounce. Long lasting hitboxes, but they reach further than the visuals

that breaks the game into always having poise on, it is no longer supposed to work if you are just standing around.

FUCK I HATE ALL OF YOU.

We've been over this for roughly ten million times. Hyper armor is not poise, hyper armor is not affected by your poise stat.

Except that's wrong you fucking retard.
If you're gonna post bullshit then back it up with proof.
You're talking about hyper armor, which many weapons don't have and most slow weapons only have them in a few attacks.

nah, you're just a fag that thinks he's right all the time no matter what.
but… you're wrong.

poise is in the game, poise functions as intended. It is not EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE so all you fags say "HURR DURR IT DUSN EXIST NO MOE"

if you're not going to believe the developers then I can't help you.

I've actually PLAYED THE GAME which it seems you haven't if you cant tell that poise works.
there are a ton of times that poise does, and doesn't trigger. which you would know if you weren't a casual faggot that needs cheats just to get through.

Welp, this is just bait.
Dissapointing, but I'm glad retards that big don't exist.

not bait. poise works.
you can invade people that don't have partners.
the level design is fine.

you believe otherwise because you heard it on this fucking board and can't fathom you might not be right sometimes.

fuck you.

I actually played the game so I'll believe that and not some asshurt ragecager

C'mon, he's not even trying anymore.

Here you go, children. This video will clear everything up for you. Notice that the character will get staggered regardless of whether they're wearing heavy armor or nothing at all. If poise worked, then that wouldn't happen, and instead you'd see different armor sets giving way to stagger damage at different thresholds. Notice that certain weapons have mid animation immunity to stagger damage. This is called hyper armor. Maybe that is a shitty name, maybe someone could come up with something else, but the term is used to describe the phenomenon of stagger immunity attack frames. Certain weapons have hyper armor, while others don't. Most every enemy in the game has hyper armor attacks that will just make you eat shit if you don't learn their movesets.

Pirated it, played it for a week, uninstalled it after starting my third run as a sorcerer and realising that it was shit. Felt pretty bland overall.

Stop spewing or working with misinformation. The "working as intended" quote came from Bamco.

see

I'm thinking of looking up a guide to get into the secret area since i can't find a way to get the gesture. Should i do it?

The gesture is in another secret area actually.
I'll give you a tip, there are two areas that you can go to after beating the dancer, the gesture is in one of them.

I'm going in

Bring fire

FUCK MAN EITHER GANKSQUAD FROM THE START OR DUEL ME
PICK ONE

Already have the pine resin for those freaks

I did it. Thanks user.
I took a guess and used the gesture in fornt of that stone at the end of the area. Called it, too bad i won't use this.

You think its safe to give myself souls using CE in order to level up ?

I just want to make a character capable of wearing any armor set and weapon, using any spell,miracle, pyromancy etc for role playing purposes and for damage testing stuff.

Farming is going to take forever. I farmed for a good 8 hours today and only managed to get 10 mill souls.

To get each stat to 50 I need 132M total souls.
If I try to idealize the stats. I could cut that down to 88M souls.
Idealized stats:
45 VIG
29 ATT
55 END
45 VIT
50 STR
40 DEX
60 INT
60 FAI
40 LCK

Really pisses me off that they made this game so "no fun allowed", this game isnt a fucking e-sport god damn it, fuck twitch. I have always made one character on every Souls game that is super high level just to be able to role play any character I wanted on demand and to try out spells and other shit.

From the videos I've seen what they are calling poise is nothing more that shorter frame recovery when hit. If this is what FromSoft is calling poise then they need to change the name because it's causing massive confusion. By definition it's not poise because every hit can stagger you. You can't maintain balance under any circumstances unless hyper armor kicks in and they come specifically from weapon attacks.

I wanna die

But why?
How does this justify Poise being disabled, BY DEFAULT.

27 gives you 1,000, you only got about 300 more for 18 points.
the last 15 aren't worth it.
unless you're going 30% with some armor, why bother?
sunless talisman is really all you got to use all that with, i wish the crystal chime was better.

Poise actually does nothing, the only thing that poises affect right now is that if you have exactly 0 poise you don't get super armor.
Otherwise having 1 or 100 poise is exactly the same thing.

Not again.

Poise dont give you ability to tank, it gives you ability to roll away from stunlock.

Proof? Or anything like it at least?

Shit summoners / summons do?

There is a way to lose, actually, and it's how my third character experienced its first death.

It lands before you do when the floor breaks, and can immediately go into a roll attack. This attack can catch you and instantly kill you from full health while you're still in mid-air from the fall.

Welcome to Dark Souls 23

Thanks for reminding me to not play this game again.

This game is so disappointing just like DS2

First playthrough is great. The realization that the game has little else to offer is when the problems start.

impossible RNG bullshit where you need to have luck so that the clones spawns in positions where they cant quadruple magic missile you while you take out the copies one at a time
joke boss, just kill them one at a time, maybe summon some NPC ghosts
what crystal sage should have been
summon Orbick of Vinheim, see what happens

crystal sage was the biggest bullshit boss in the entire game

dont want to sound like a shill but if you're going to play this and you want static 60 FPS, you better buy Intel and Nvidia. the pieces of shit kikes just keep paying devs to poorly optimize games for AMD equipment, forget about playing this on an AMD machine unless you want constant framedrops, its the memeborne engine.

its pretty livable on my intel+AMD setup tbh

It hurts that this game is so linear but moments like this are just really cool it feels like you're going on a long continuous journey from beginning to end. which is sort of ruined by Bonfire warping being accessible from the beginning of the game but I digress

It sucks even more because the internal level design is tight as fuck, but then you realize it's just one long point A to point B, that has you knocking off various Lords of Cinder that sort of happen to be in your way instead of seeking them out one by one. I mean Dark Souls 2 got that part right by having different paths leading to the four big bosses.

It hurts even more that all of the cool weapons and sorceries are unlocked at the halfway mark at LEAST and even then most of them are worthless compared to the stock stuff you can get early on.

Seriously playing as a sorcerer is fucking painful when you realize that fucking Soul Spear just barely edges out over Great Heavy Soul Arrow in terms of damage with twice the fp cost and how worthless the Dark Sorcery is. I mean the boss weapons are all cool as shit but using anything of their special moves is more or less useless for PvE compared to spamming R1 and just stunlocking 80% of the enemies, oh except for the knights who have poise which you don't no matter what armor you have equiped.

At least the Moonlight Greatsword is still pretty gr8, those moon beams are fucking tight despite having to charge up your R2 to use now, it makes me feel like my int build isn't entirely garbage

if your CPU is intel you're good to go, game runs on CPU anyway.

Prove it then

that really, really shouldnt be the case though, i thought DX11 moved a chunk of shit off the CPU onto the GPU to avoid CPU bound games

Japanese devs coding for PC is, at this point in time, a recipe for disaster eg Onechanbara locked to 1080p and game logic tied to framerate (60fps).

Holy hell user, are you me? All of those things are problems I noticed as well

It's a shame the Crystal Sage Rapier was trash

What sucks even more is how the game really only builds up Aldrich and treats the other two Lords of Cinder as sort of footnotes.

I mean Farron Keep is literally in your way to getting to Aldrich.

They really should have made separate paths to Irythil, and the Profaned Capital. Hell you could have all sorts of cool transition areas that lead to multiple paths which would have been much preferred to the whole 'one way adventure' that Dark Souls 3 has going on. I mean for fucks sake the Profaned Capital just happens to be underneath Irythil the entire time, fuck even if it's justified in the lore it just bothers me that so many of these areas are dolled out on such a linear path when there is so much opportunity to open the game's world up and let the player really explore things.

Welp there goes my whip/lothric holy sword build. Might at well just uninstall this pile of crap at this point.

how do they fuck up so hard though, do they not have actual fucking programmers there at all?

i mean, it runs on havok, developed by intel, using an API developed by microsoft to move much of the rendering logic onto the GPU. did they write their own fucking CPU based graphics API or something?

They never do it. The host will try to man yo and if things go south, the phantoms will go in to gangbang you. Also, invading in Anal Rondo is the worst fucking thing ever concieved.
This would happen 7 out of 10 times. People just don't want to deal with invaders, even if the invaders have the short end.