Let's talk about this show

Let's talk about this show.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_WABQwEB4Bg&list=PLvjkmTwKmdU0AIm9ZyTgXW8makGlfrxFI)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is a horrid original post, user. You have done nothing but push one thread off the catalog for this. Put some effort in next time. Details, questions, anything more than what you have now.

It was closer and more faithful to the book I guess

What the fuck is your show, OP?
I am guessing Starship Troopers? I've heard they had an animated version but I can only see the anime (youtube.com/watch?v=_WABQwEB4Bg&list=PLvjkmTwKmdU0AIm9ZyTgXW8makGlfrxFI) and this new Traitors of Mars.

Looking through the trailer shows that they are closer with the inclusion of the skinny aliens.
It seems they couldn't let parts of the movie die though, in the book Rico and crew always knew the bugs were smart and had some hierarchy of intelligence. The book also stated that the war wasn't really started by any one side, it was the simple mathematics of competing biology; fight, grow and win, or die.

Rico never got command proper until the very end of the book, the vast majority of it was musings on the proper application and navigation of authority along with the systems required to ensure their continued working order.

Starship troopers chronicle, based 90's cartoon from the book.

Are there any cute aliens in this?

You got Rico (a waifu) I guess.

this is the show that has that one episode with the guy who stepped on the land mine and the robot in the company took his place. that was the first time I remember seeing something actually sad in something animated.

Yes

Does it have the speaking wardogs?

Is there any adaptation that has Rico as Filipino, like he's supposed to be? Even the anime had him blonde, IIRC.

Man early CGI shows are so difficult to make out visually. Everything just blurs together. Remember Beast Wars was like that too.

Looks oddly similar to

Now hang on now, I don't remember that from the book.
From memory he might've been Latino, at the very least Spanish but I don't remember a thing about him being a flip.

Last page reveal, he says something in Tagalog.

Well, Starship Troopers the novel kinda kickstarted the Space Marines thing in fiction.

I have to say, Filipinos are diminutive retards, their women are whores and their men are lazy.

Pic related(argentina.jpg) is what I was imagining, the best I could find was other pic.

Rico would've had to be the god tier of that race.

Making a space marine story without referencing Starship Troopers would be like making a fantasy film without referencing Lord of the Rings.

James Cameron gave the cast of Aliens the Starship Troopers book to read to help them get into character..

Halo drew its influence from Aliens which in and of itself drew influence from Starship Troopers. That and I think Bungie re-used a lot of their ideas from their Marathon games.

Holy shit, is it 2015 8chin again?

This is as close as you will get for a spicy Rico. There was no identity politics so there isn’t a way to confirm. Just be thankful the damn character hasn’t been tainted by the identity politics plague.

Not to mention the elephant in the room, FUCKING RINGWORLD.
Bungie were idiots for not letting Peter Jackson and Neill Blomkamp make the Halo film. Instead we got direct to video trash like we had with the Starship Troopers sequels.
Why not go all the way and let Uwe Boll direct?
So Blomkamp made Elysium instead, and still got executive fingers up his ass until he had to cast Matt Damon in the role written for Ninja.

What would the story of the Halo movie have been? From the shorts I remember seeing it was awesome.