Lore thread

Deepest Lore

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fkAYv-ay4Bc&feature=youtu.be&t=15
assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Karl_Marx
capx.wikia.com/wiki/CAPX_Wiki
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dark Souls ___:^)____

Is that from a DS zelda? That actually looks good.

ha, nice

see that grin?

it's a Voltorb eye

thats 64. ds zelda has a sort of topdown view.

could mozart still be alive

oh my god

FUCK

Moltres
Zapdos
Articuno

Fallout 4 has the deepest lore.

Do go on sir.

No it isn't you retard. Voltorb's eye doesn't have a curve like the bottom of Electrode's mouth, and there's plenty of art depicting the mouth with more than one line.

water bottles have indented grooves to make sure the water has room to expand when it freezes, so it doesn't explode.

damn, I don't remember that at all then.

its the 4th dungeon from majoras mask i'm pretty sure.

CHECKED,

It's the stone tower temple from majora's mask

also

It may have been the intention originally, as the art in is much older than what you've posted.

and a master ball is just a poke ball with wario's thong stretched over it

what makes is so powerful then?

The leftover musk of Wario's balls.

The stench from warios panties instantly makes the pokemon pass out upon entering the pokeball rendering them incapable of escaping.

man first gen pokemon lore was fucking awesome. How did it get so shit?

Holy fuck.

Wasn't Porygon Z the result of hackers creating a buggy bootleg aftermarket firmware/upgrade for Porygon 2?

Newer Pokemon still have some cool as lore, such as mons like Yamask and Spoink.

When you get vergil to half health during the second fight, he'll teleport to the middle of the room and punch the ground. That small animation gives him the yamato back which lets him mix up beo and yamato moves.

However as he loses beowulf during the second fight, he only uses yamato and force edge during the third fight.

On top of that, Beowulf is missing his left eye so all of his arm attacks come from his right hand and slicing at his eye makes him super protective and stuns him for a moment.

Speaking of DMC3, as your style ranking goes up, Dante's attacks get altered, some spin moves are faster, some gun moves last longer, knockback on beo attacks are much more pronounced, and agni gets some larger hitboxes as Dante gets in the zone.

in DMC4, credo has a special weakness to yamato, you normally don't fight him as Dante unless you're going through bloody palace or debugging, but normally credo will repel any of Dante's attacks, however that yamato ignores all of Credo's attacks as Credo's armor is built from yamato fragments and only has a fragment of the yamato's strength.

pokemon has always been hit or miss with its dex entries, user is high on nostalgia and sperm.

Speaking of which, were the DS zeldas any good?

Cofagrigus was fucking scary.

Like, Christ.
What the fuck

Some people like them,some people don't. Just don't expect to be blown away and youll find theyre alright. Also for some reason they both have great partners and phantom hourglass has best partner.

I'd fuck him.

Ill have to try them, but i wanna have a go at the GBC ones first, oracle of ages/seasons.

Pretty much. I mean you even need a Dubious Disc from an unknown to evolve it, that's pretty much canon.

Does make you wonder if they'd make an alternate Porygon evolution.

I wonder if stuff like this is less scary for Japanese people. Their mythology has all kinds of ghosts and similar stuff. Maybe aliens or Bigfoot terrifies them.

youtube.com/watch?v=fkAYv-ay4Bc&feature=youtu.be&t=15

best lore

yeah those are good too. Better than the ds ones id say but i don't dislike any of them. Also don't go after the oracles don't go into the ds ones thinking theyre the same. If anything the ds zeldas are unique.
oh and don't emulate them because theres lots of stylus stuff in them and its a hassle to do that shit with a mouse.

assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Karl_Marx
:^)

Did someone say
Lore?

Nope surely not

GNU/porygon when?

They ran out of ideas nigga. Shits be running for almost 2 decades, you can expect oven fresh ideas after almost 20 years.

This video is ridiculous. There is no fedora wearing Donkey Kong Sr. posting on image boards.

Is this true? I want to make a Fedora-Kong Iji rip-off that's still true to the DKC and DK games.

I actually always wondered about this character myself cause there was a Kong missing according to everything I had read.

Despite the autistic nature of the video, it's very well put together and pretty funny, sort of reminds me of Jontron.

I don't know why that makes me laugh every time

Does anyone know if the Adventure Time games go into the lore at all?

I look up episodes when a season ends if anything happens regarding the lich and the parallel universe stuff but most of the show is just regular random kid's show stuff.

So is this a "shitpost about meaningless things in games be 2deep5u about them" lore thread, a "Post interesting facts about games that give some story context" lore thread, or a "actually discuss the EU's and lore of video game franchises" lore thread?

By the looks of it it's number 2, so here's one about Halo:

In Halo 2, on the level high charity, there's a huge open room that is mostly composed of empty space, and 3 platforms arranged in a circle around the perimeter of the room connected by gravity bridges., pic related (sadly I don't have screenshots from the remake)

If you look up at the ceiling, you'll see what looks like a giant chandelier. This is actually a collection of glass shards from all the planets the covenant has glassed, which is mentioned in one of the books (First Strike) that came out a little while before H2 did: There's actually a ton of lore related shit in Halo 2 because Joe Staten went fucking ham making tons of backstory about the political structure of the covenant prior to 2 coming out, and a lot of that shit didn't even come up outside of interviews till 8 years Later when he wrote one of the novels (contact harvest)

For example, on the same mission, when the flood is murdering everything, you can hear The Prophet of Truth bullshitting over the communications system repeating a poem called the Writ of Union. However, that name and it what is was wasn't detailed till the aforementioned novel where it was explained that it was basically an oath of duty that the Sangheili signed when the covenant was first formed.

I could go on about how he also hinted out how the ministries worked and why the covenant branded humanity as heretics which was later revelaed in contact harvest as well but I wanna sleep. If people wanna know more or actually discuss halo lore tommorow i'd be happu to

Halo has tons of actual deep lore thanks to his work on the games and all the novels and I love talking about it, but these threads are always just fucking trivia threads vs actual discussion of EU material or narrative themes/analysis's and it fucking sucks.

wasn't there something with the black sergeant should have died in the first one but he got way too close with some plasma grenades and let him regenerate or some shit?

Yah man. Halo 1-3 were insane on lore. It's what you get when the writing team has a full overarching design document and writers who give a shit.

They don't that I recall

Don't bother with the show since the Lich is more or less dealt with and it's been on a downward spiral since Pendleton and then Sugar left it, nowadays the people writing for it are pube-beard hipsters who desperately want it to be Evangelion (in particular one guy named Xayaphone who has a weird need to see Finn get shit on for no real reason) and they can't decide on what the show actually is

Latest gem I remember hearing about was the show was trying to establish that all the magic in the show was actually science and magical items are high-tech gadgets

Oh boy, okay, this is a mess of retcons (halo is usually pretty good at explaining these) to the point where I actually have to go refresh myself on what happened. So here's what's up with that:

In halo 1, Sergent Johnson was still on the ring when you blew it up as far as the in game point of view went. (in the legendary ending, he hugs an elite (sangheili) as it explodes and the elite grabs his butt) In halo 2, he greets you after the tutorial, and when asked about how he got off, he just goes "It's classified", and that's the end of it.

But, in First Strike (same novel where the shard room is described) which takes place between 1 and 2, it's explained that due to Boren's Syndrome; which is a disease caused (allegedly, more on that later) by too much exposure to covenant plasma weapons and carbine ammo (the carbine doesn't actually use plasma, it uses ballistic ammo like normal guns, made from a radioactive mineral from one of Sanghelios's moons)' Johnson was immune to flood infection but still had flood cells in his body.

However, that got retconned in the first Halo comic, which was a graphic novel anthology, to be that Boren's syndrome was actually a cover up diease meant to hide the side effects of SPARTAN 1/Project Orion augmentations; Johnson being a participant of that.

Then it was further retconned in the same ahtnology series that it wasn't that the S1/Orion augmentations made him immune, it was just that he was such a fucking badass he got out of there without getting any cuts or injuries where the flood would get into him, which is shown in one of the short comics in it called Breaking Quarantine (which is fantastic btw, it has amazing art, and tells it's story without any dialog, pics related)

So yeah, that's a clusterfuck. Halo lore isn't braindead simple and has a lot of layers to it but it's not usually this much of a mess either.

of course not

that would be ridiculous

Despite the fact 343 has tripped up a lot, I think they''ve overall done a good job.

A lot of the newer novels are really good, on par with the Nyuland ones. The forerunner novels are almost as good as actual classic sci fi, etc, and 343 has made a pretty good effort to tie bungie's loose ends into shit they are doing now. On non lore related stuff, the skyboxes in 4 and 5 are bungie tier. Halo 5's MP is not only better then reach's and 4's, it's actually better then 3's IMO, and the ambient dialog in 5's campaign legimately matches the stuff Staten wrote.

A lot of people get hung up on how batshit stupid 4's story was/how unhalo 4's default mp settings are, or how terrible the escalations comics are, and yeah, those suck; but they do more good then a lot of people give them credit for.

Anyways, i'll be happy to detail and explain more shit like and tomorrow, but I need to sleep.

Is there some Earth Defense Force lore? This is like NERV levels of shady for a game so corny in 99% of its writing

FOR?!

Oh my god.

RIGHT NOW

Me be҉ing "҉racist" has layers ҉of irony your simp҉le human҉ mind cannot even fat҉h҉om.

10/10 video

the constant alien invasions are allowed by the edf to keep a steady stream of funding it's pretty simple

thats not a real pokemon

It's from Halfchan /vp/'s game

capx.wikia.com/wiki/CAPX_Wiki

No

Wow, some of those Pokemon are better than official ones.

Do I have to spot the differences?

pokeymam Sage devs came and posted here sometime ago

then i think they never came back

No, they are still around and have posted in the pokemon threads when it comes up and have answered questions at least 7-8 times since, they have just never made a whole thread specifically for it since then.

I don't know.