ITT: Games that came out recently you're starting to feel nostalgic for

ITT: Games that came out recently you're starting to feel nostalgic for

After the trainwreck of Gen 6 I miss Gen 4. The OST is great too.

Other urls found in this thread:

cyberbotx.com/NCSF/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OP why can't you be like me and just enjoy every Pokemon game?

People like you disgust me

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl cam out 10 years ago.

I dunno whether you're being sarcastic or just being confusingly vocal about your inclination to enjoy any shitty Pokémon game.

You guys must live pretty unfun lives

That said posting hype Gen 4 music

I mean the GBA ones were fun but you just have to grow up at some point user

Yeah, video games just need to grow up. I mean, it's 2016, can't you tell that we should be playing masterpieces like Gone Home? Or Sunset?

I hate you Holla Forums

I'm not baiting or anything user,It's literally the same game over and over, and it's made for kids. I'm not gonna lie and say I never had fun with pokemon, but I was bored of everything being the same by the time ruby came out. And the desings only got worse and worse with the time.

No, it isn't.

That's your opinion

Too bad it's an opinion based off ignorance and wanting to seem mature because of insecurities with yourself.

fug

HERE WE GO

GEN TIER LIST

GEN 2 > GEN 5 > GEN 4 > GEN 1 > GEN 3 > GEN 6

I feel like the bass in the Gen 4 soundtracks was the best of the most recent music.

That's wrong, user
Gen 1 = Gen 2 = Gen 3 = Gen 4 = Gen 5 = Gen 6

Stop posting fucking pokemon. I already feel nostalgic for GTA 4, Red Dead, CoD MW2.

Gen 1 = Gen 2 = Gen 3 = Gen 4 = Gen 5 > Gen 6

Fixed

That's wrong, user.

Gen 2 > Gen 5 > Gen 3 = Gen 4 > Gen 6 > Gen 1.
Seriously, I like Gen 1 but the bells and whistles that you get from all the later games make them that much better. Gen 2 getting roughly two full regions makes it top tier, with Gen 5's huge post game coming in second. Everything else was just kinda okay.

The only thing good from gen 2 was the music. Most of the pokemon designs were rejects from gen 1 and having 2 regions is not a point in its favor when both were barren as fuck. Stop thinking with your raging nostalgia boner.

Gen 2 > Gen 3 > Gen 5 > Gen 4 > Gen 1 > Gen 6

Are trainers and exploring not enough for you? Or raising eggs? Gen 1 and 2 felt like a proper adventure into the unknown. By the time Gen 3 happened, the adventure magic was lost. I will say I like secret bases/underground stuff from 3 and 4. I don't remember a lot of 5, I skipped B2W2, and 6 felt like it was trying to recapture that adventure feeling of 1. Wasn't the best though. Team Flare was more annoying than anything else, despite having a bigger threat than Rocket ever did.

I can respect that.

Postan' comfiest music

It's true. I wasn't as excited about the new generation when I saw the moving truck as much as I was running out to Route 1 and being stopped by Oak. Gen 3 also felt more like a game than an adventure, which sounds dumb, I'm sure. But I couldn't get immersed in the same way. It's by no means a bad generation/region, the magic just kinda wore off. Also, Gen 3 gets muddled in my head because of Quartz, which I've played way more than normal RSE.

cyberbotx.com/NCSF/

You're welcome

This is absolutely correct.
Gen IV had the best spin-offs, though.

Let's get this shit started.

I MUST LET YOU KNOW THAT I AGREE WITH THIS LIST

Has it been 10 years? Didnt feel like it.

Speaking of nostalgia though, GTA Liberty City stories on PSP. Its ambitious as hell for its time, making a PS2-tier game on a handheld console, and its still fun to play today, though I will say Vice City Stories was more fun

nice quads

I loved Gen 6 so much that I've already preordered Gen 7. Your tears are tasty.

Gen 4 was bredsy gud too tho. I liked it better when I could easily just Action Replay legendaries. Fuck tourneyfags.

Best Gen to Worst Gen

Gen 6
Gen 4
Gen 2
Gen 1
Gen 3
Gen 5

Face it, B2/W2's post game was worst then X/Y. Plat/HG/SS has balling post-game but X/Y has the best experience and music.

But its true, user.

I was wondering why legendaries didn't have awesome events attatched to them anymore. That kinda sucks.

It's so bad, I don't know how anyone likes that mess.

This music in particular was pure sex.

4 = 3 > 1 > 6
because I haven't played 2 or 5 yet

And instead of an adventure, we went on a tour.

Nope. The team is pathetic, you friends aren't even that strong, and the legendary should have been good but felt rushed, and then was never talked about again. ORAS is better, but that's because Gen 3 had good content and still captured the 'world in danger' scenario.

XY had a lot of potential, too bad they canceled Z/Codename "Niji"
But that is probably too much to ask from gamefreak and the retard director masuda

Underage detected.

I thought FR/LG and D/P had pretty good post game content.

Did they seriously cancel "Z"? Not that I care since XY kinda bored me, but that's a surprise

That gen is 9 years old user. People who played it when they were 9 are turning 18 this year.

It's like you never experienced full and total autistic immersion

B2/W2 = HG/SS > Emerald > Platinum > B/W > Crystal > FR/LG > D/P > OR/AS > R/S > X/Y > G/S > Yellow > R/B/G

Only good Pokemon game was a parody.

Plat > B/W > Emerald > HG/SS > B2W2 > FR/LG > OR/AS > X/Y > R/S > Crystal > G/S > Yellow > R/G/B

The pacing of Diamond and Pearl was a mess and Cynthia was shoehorned into the story for no reason. "Oh, let me give you this item that will get rid of the psyducks. I'm not going to do it myself and right after you do it I'm going to show up anyway, so this was a complete waste of time."

Codename Niji is fucking Sun/Moon, dumbass, if it was even real.

Forever the best legendary trio, seeing Giratina fuck up Cyrus still makes my dick hard

3 = 4 > 2 = 5 > 6 = 1
Gens 3 and 4 so high because that's when meta got refined. Meta as in abilities and moves by phys/spec, not IV/EV only

Giratina is probably my favorite legendary Dragon type
>cute

Although HG and SS really were amazing games.

Everything after 4 is shit

Giratina Origin is an amazing design that I got to really appreciate in XY for the first time with 3d.

Niji was meant to be for the 20th anniversary last february. That leak was from last summer.

5 > 4 > 3 > 6 > 2 > 1

DP were bad, but Platinum fixed their shit and HGSS is what a remake should be.

This.

Meme tier tastes.

It's no more 'the same' than literally any other sequel, user.

There is no reason to play the originals besides playing around with the glitches.

FR/LG makes R/B/G obsolete and every other game in the series has more polish and content.

Disgusting.

I understand how you feel, especially since Pokemon Diamond was my first pokemon game
inb4 underaged

Gen 4 best gen, but it's slow as a stoned nigger. The remakes better be good.

If X/Y didn't have function online I would have put it below G/S.

user, you were supposed to put the best one on top and the worst one on the bottom, not the other way around.

Why hasn't anyone posted the best champion battle theme yet?

2 > 5 > 6 = 1 > 3
2 is comfy as fuck and has great music. Those things that happen at different times of the day or week are great as well, and I wish there was more of that in Pokemon.
5 tried for a story somewhat, but it works. I'm about to start Black 2, so I can't say anything about that.
6 is easy as fuck, and felt like a step down from 5. I like Fairy type though, and Malamar is fucking cool. It also lets you walk around without being bound to a grid, which is a welcome improvement. The champion fucking sucked though.Mega evolution could have been so much better
1 is very different compared to the rest of the franchise, back when they didn't finalize everything. It's rough around the edges but the types feel vastly different.
3 is comfy but I played it so much I'm sick of it now. If I only played it once I'd stick it with 3
Never played 4

All I want from GF is a game with 6's graphics and mechanics, 2's extra features and weekly stuff, ORAS's secret bases and 5's attention to story.

Should be 5. Fuck

Anyone know the best place to get a copy of White? Figured I would play through it first before White2.

Just go for White2 first.
In fact, go for the "VoltWhite2" romhack in hard mode for an optimal pogeyman experience.

Saints Row 2. In 2 years it's gonna be a decade old, same with GTA4. Maybe they'll eventually be playable on phones at this rate.

And I kinda like songs like these.

the only downside with gen 4 is the slow battle animations

Fuck you, they had best champion and best elite four theme, trumpets a best.

I'm not looking forward to having to use Rock Climb again. It was fun to use, but it would have been nice if they made the attack something other than normal-type.

Gen I is shit, mainly due to hardware limitations. Nostalgia is the only reason to play. Red was my first Pokemon game, and I have no intention of ever playing it again.

Gen II, never played. From what I've heard, much more content and fewer bugs. Still not worth playing because of HG/SS, but a huge improvement over Gen I.

Gen III was amazing. The only things it needs are a proper day/night cycle and physical/special split. You can complain about the water and trumpets, but nostalgia just makes me love them. Emerald is my go-to Pokemon game. Even the plot was done really well (for Pokemon).

Gen I remakes are good. Nothing to complain about, but compared to Hoenn, the Kanto region is really boring. I'll still play them from time to time, but only for the sake of nostalgia.

Gen IV. Pearl was the first Pokemon game I actually owned, rather than borrowed. Unfortunately, I never played Platinum past the second gym, but if the P/D postgame was anything to go by, it's probably up there with Emerald. I didn't like Sinnoh as much as Hoenn, but it's still a nice region.

Gen II remakes, I haven't played. They look really good though.
Gen V, I only played a few hours of. Seems pretty good too. One day I'll get around to both of these regions.

Gen VI was… alright. Postgame was shit, but Kalos had potential. Sadly, Z won't be happening any time soon. I liked the enormous Kalos Dex and most of the new Pokemon. Lumiose City's loading screens were the worst part. Mega Evolution was underused. A lot of other things were shit too, but I had fun.

Gen III remakes were fucking awful. I enjoyed them up until the moment the plot finished. No postgame, and Hoenn feels shallow. Emerald is a better game than ORAS, and that's just depressing.

Though I've missed a lot of games, I suspect my final ranking will be something like:
3 > 4 > 5 > 2 >>> 6 > 1

If anyone knows of good Emerald and Platinum mods that make it possible to complete their respective regional Dexes, I would appreciate it.