PC thread

Discuss Personal Cumpooters

I'd rather have this thread without the "he fell for the pc meme" and platform war shitposting, thank you very much. please

Now then, does anyone know if there's an yuropean equivalent for pcpartpicker?

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/
stallman.org/to-4chan.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pcpartpicker has subdomains for each country

uk.pcpartpicker.com/

QUICKLY Holla Forums, HELP ME BUILD THE BEST PC AT NEAR EXACTLY 1500, MONITOR SEPARATE FROM THE FINAL PRICE

Really?
That's interesting user, thanks.

Go back to
>>>/reddit/
Mustar racefaggot
Lmao

Why?
You don't need even a very good PC to play all good PC games that exist even on highest settings.

That's cool, but it only has like 5 yuro countries. Getting shit shipped across two borders is costly. Don't know about UK though, but it's probably not cheap either. (i'm in netherlands)

Reported. Next time try to sage and dubspost.

I'm using it as a workstation/gaming combo, that's why.

Help me.

Quickly Holla Forums, corporate crap aside, Intel or AMD?

I just finished building my first decent pc.
Which mouse/keyboard should I get for it?
Are "gaming" accessories really that different from normal ones or it's just a meme to jew me money?

Wait for zen, if it delivers, go for it, if not, get an intel
Alternatively, spend $800 of your budget on a build today, then when zen comes you can upgrade mobo and cpu

You dont buy directly from pcpartpicker. They just give you the links to other sites

When is this 'Zen' coming out?

Homolord

Jesus fuck. The time it took you to find and post that picture you could have found that out on any search engine

We can play games together sometime after I build my PC, if you'd like!~

It's immensely stupid to buy right now. Wait for ZEN or the new Intel Gen

I've been waiting since 2013

I'll trust your judgement

No. Just buy a regular keyboard and mouse.

yeah, but aren't most of the sites regional?

Is that like hamster food or what the fuck.
I remember seeing this shilled in half/v/ way back in 2011

Its coming soon™
It also might just be a marketing lie. I always recommend not doing a first build with expensive parts (this is your first build, right?), and many components can be kept when you upgrade

If you desperately need a build RIGHT NOW TODAY, find a case you like, look for a good deal on a SeaSonic psu, get 8-16gb ram, and a ssd. Then get a motherboard with a chipset that wont be obsolete, and a solid cpu with integrated graphics. Wait for the radeon 480, when that releases buy one of last year's cards to save money and avoid shitty drivers

got a fx6350, 8gb of RAM and a 7870 right now, build it in 2013. been running great so far, I dont think I have a reason to upgrade, but I might do it if zen and polaris is good, the rx480 is looking good so far

The keyboard you get literally makes no difference unless you get something so shitty that the keys don't register, which is unlikely.

As for a mouse, I just use a wireless logitech one. I tried buying a wired office mouse because changing batterys was a pain in the dick, but it just doesn't feel right. And for some reason it's EXTREMELY vulnerable to shit like hair getting stuck under the laser.

I was thinking of installing Linux on my PC. I am growing tired of Windows botnet shit.
My only reason I have not switched it either compatability issues and lack of support of vidya. What distro do you guys use?

user Zen might not even come out 'til 2017.
Not everyone wants to wait that long.

Intel tablets count as PCs right?
So I've been trying to do a clean install on this Chinese tablet and holy shit this has turned out to be a nightmare
Fucking hell of a fucking time lads

Slackware and Gentoo are the top distros on Holla Forums usually. You can always try >>>Holla Forums

Slackware is more for people with fond memories of MS-DOS though.

You do realize that's just a meme right? Halfchan/g/ originally liked Gentoo because of its package installation system that was basically a series of scripts to compile programs from source and install them, autists thought it was "Richard Stallman Approved" because of this, eventually Stallman does speak up on his website stallman.org/to-4chan.html that he does not approve of Gentoo

Today only a small number of autists unironically like Gentoo, in recent years Arch has overtaken Gentoo as the autistic freetard distro of choice however

What is the niche for the 1070 and 1080?

Its obviously for the many intermediate monitors floating around, like how 1366x768 was the 16:10 intermediate between 720p and 1080p, now we 16:10 intermediate resolutions above 1080 like 1920x1200

I haven't seen much support for 1440, it just seems like an expensive gimmick while everyone's waiting for 4k.

While there is never really a "right time to build" there is wrong times to build and that is now.

I really have nothing more to say about your sister that I haven't already said before.

how fucking old is that case because I'm pretty sure my dad used to have a case just fucking like that, and that was around the time of the ATI Rage Fury Maxx

That's all halfchan /g/ shit, bruh.

Holla Forums has a hate-on for systemd, and Slack and Gentoo are some solid distros that are among the few holdouts against that shit.

2006 at least.

I got it for free from the sysadmin at work. He was gonna e-recycle it, but I got it, gutted out the old parts and put in the parts in the list above over the course of a few months.

Nobody ever seriously thought it was Stallman approved as it provided easy access to unethical non-free code. That's practically a crime against all of humanity to Stallman. Someone did an edit of GTA4 art with rms in it and retitled it 'grand theft gentoo' and it got around reaching him.

Compiling from source has no bearing on the licensing issues whatsoever. For the vast majority of people on /g/ back then compiling from source was a massive waste of time with them mindlessly copying command lines from a tutorial and not learning anything for imaginary ecred points, that's why 'install gentoo' stuck around.

Enjoy your frame rate drops and your poor scaling

Why not get the old GPUs while on clearance

But I don't get either?

Just wait. Either the new stuff is really good and you can get that or it's so-so and the stuff that's already good will drop in price anyway.

Zen isn't coming out for at least 4 months and Polaris 11/(but possibly not Polaris10) and Pascal have already been announced.

Intel Cannonlake CPUs are going to be the same old quad-core shit where half the die is a useless iGPU and possibly a 5% performance increase over previous generation Skylake.

I'd say now is as good a time as ever to build a computer.

You kinda went over the budget, mate.

No regrets.

bully pls fam

there is always a "new cpu coming " and "wait for the new GPU tech guys"

i say buy the higher than mid rage right now. the newest parts will never be more than 10 percent faster than the high end shit right now. there this only changed when the titan's came out but their cost was crazy.

ok
>AMD
>le wait for new gpu
>being a filthy beta tester

I have the same GPU, well the Evga one. IMO it still holds up well

bull shit

ive had crossfire and SLI systems starting every game is a gamble for the first time with them. non mainstream games it's an even bigger gamble .

Sucks to be you.

Well, let's try to approximate this.
What's the most demanding games that's still deemed as "worth playing"?
The Witcher 3?

W3
DaS3
Drawing a blank here

Fallout 4 :^)

I just bought my first 144 monitor holy fucking shit it's going to be hard going back. it over clocks to 180 hz

when some games get up to 180 fps on a 180 hz monitor it starts to fell like uncanny valley land . like i was playing metro last light and the guy started running ahead of me it looked like like a real person running with the "smoothness" motion then the guy turned around with those dead ass CGI eyes. and started talk with out of synced lips.

Dwarf Fortress

It's so demanding that not even current supercomputers could run it sufficiently.

Think I should upgrade my i3 4130 yet? I was thinking of upgrading to a proper 4 core i5. Should I hold off, or buy one now? Im kinda worried that I wont be able to find a 4 core CPU for my lga1150 socket soon,

This whole Master Race thing is fucking stupid. I know a guy who bought a really powerful gaming PC 2x980Tis in SLI, can't remember the rest and all he plays is DOTA2. Doesn't stop him from mocking console gamers, games unavailable on PC and anyone whose PC is weaker than his. It's all fanboys falling for the same bullshit they claim to avoid.
And then there's operating systems. Windows 7 with GWX works fine for now, and hopefully Microsoft won't decide to fuck up W7 users with an update or something. I've already had to deal with people whose laptops upgraded to W10 automatically because clicking that red x when closing the "upgrade to Windows 10" box means yes now and Linux isn't that good yet. I can play most of my games but I really miss EYE.

Outside of the cancer PC gaming is great. I've been playing Demonsteele recently, and I really wish there was a full game like it. Minecraft is pretty good as well for redstone, and hopefully Microsoft won't fuck up the Java version to get everyone on Windows 10. Crypt of the Necrodancer works surprisingly well with the Metal Gear Rising OST, and Postal 2 is great to come back to again and again.
I'm about to start playing Mount & Blade: Warband for the first time.

750 Ti is great stuff, no risk of burning up the PC with excess heat during summer and no ridiculously high monthly power costs. The next generation of 75W cards will probably be really good stuff as well.

Pretty sure the C7 one in the benchmarks was Polaris 10, with the C4 one being Polaris 11. Vega's the top-end that's already on it's way for end of the year or early 2017.

giving a fuck about AMD CPUs the last AMD cpu i used was like a Phenom

they kept changing their Sockets then i said fuck it.

Daily Reminder that Intel are scum.

I need to build another, but I need to save money up.
Is this liquid cooling as shit as it sounds?