Discuss buyer's remorse.

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Dancer's Crown
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Dancer's Soul
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Soothing Sunlight
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

post more dancer

i need to full my little souls-fu folder

Is this thread only for 3 or are all of them allowed here? Either way I actually played 3 first and went to 1 from there and I had plenty of fun in both. Haven't finished 1 yet but I beat seath as a Mage so I think I have passed the most difficult part for a magic user. What else am I in for?

poise works as intended
some reddit autist did like 50 fucking hours of research and proved that high poise gives you more i-frames on your roll that aren't i-frames if you get hit too much

I love that word so much. Poise. Poise.

She's a big girl

Lords of the Fallen's a decent first effort but there's plenty wrong with it

That's a new one

>Tomb of the Giants is a neat, spooky area.
The final boss is piss-easy since you can parry him to death, but you're magic and I've never been a pussy so I don't know. Make sure you do the DLC since the DLC has the two best bosses in the game.

I'm only running magic because I played as a faith and as a strength build in 3 and to my knowledge the only thing more broken than magic is pyromancy. I guess I could've done dex but isn't that usually paired with pyromancy?

The pussy is you.

Make sure you do the dlc before beating the final boss
You go straight into NG+

Pyromancy is amazing in 1 because it requires no faith or int at all. Usually in 1 if I want to "tryhard" I'd run an INT+DEX build where I use the Painting Guardian Sword and get Crystal Magic Weapon. Never used soul arrow, though.

Then why did you say that Gwyn was easy?

Because he's still easy even if you don't.

Why is the Dancer so sexy?

This is far from the first time there's been a sexy boss.

I know there's also vicar amelia

If that was true you wouldn't have mentioned parrying in your original post, pussy

Still don't see a problem there, just remove the "stat" from the menus.

But anyway, a PvP arena better be a free update. The PvP arena was the best thing about DaS2.

Does anyone know what armor set should I put on for my Itachi Uchiha cosplay?

Ive only played the launch version of DaS3, is the performance better now?

Wear jailer robe

Commit bloodlust L2

rip ip in pieces user

Daily reminder thrall axe is still the most reliable weapon in any situation in the entire game including pvp against shitters of any sort

This goy brought DS3: Wait for DLC edition

Dead game, dead series.

I put a hundred hours into all three games on release, and still never tired of them. DaS 3 may look pretty, but it lacks any sort of depth whatsoever to make it worth more than one playthrough.

for you

I guess not then, nice one FS

ds2 has more replayability than 3?

so cute

Pickle Pee?

40 Hours in, one playthrough and it's ogre for me already.
The weapons feel like pure sex, there are some 10/10 bosses but in the end, the areas are not fun to play through, at all, only slightly better than DS2.
At least Pontiff, Soul of Cinder and others were 10/10 fights though, and STR is finally fun.

Actual character building and good DLC areas? Easily.
When all of 3's content is out it may be a different story. Shit's taking a while so it better be good.

thats not the cleric beast

No it doesn´t

Eh, I'd say that the character building issue is more relative to how big DS3's campaign is.
If you beat every area while blind it's around 40 hours and you should be sl 90-100 by the end of it.

Also holy shit, NG+ differences is such HUUUUUUUUUUGE step down from DS2.

Dark Souls 3

and
Dark Souls 2
Enemies deal increased damage and have more health.
Enemies will drop a greater number of souls.
There will be more enemies in most of the areas; usually Dark Phantom versions of common enemies.
Certain bosses will drop a ring or an additional great soul when defeated.
The Lost Sinner: Old Witch Soul
The Duke's Dear Freja: Old Paledrake Soul
The Old Iron King: Old King Soul
The Rotten: Old Dead One Soul
Mytha, the Baneful Queen: Covetous Silver Serpent Ring +2
The Belfry Gargoyles: Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +2
The Executioner's Chariot: Cloranthy Ring +2
Velstadt, the Royal Aegis: Royal Soldier's Ring +2
The Looking Glass Knight: Ring of Steel Protection +2
The Twin Pursuers: Ring of Blades +2
The Giant Lord: Ring of Giants +2
The Skeleton Lords: Clear Bluestone Ring +2
Scorpioness Najka: Southern Ritual Band +2
The Throne Watcher and Throne Defender: Ring of the Evil Eye +2
Gower's Ring of Protection can now be found in the Shaded Woods.
Some boss fights change slightly.
The Lost Sinner will summon two Dark Phantoms when reduced to about 60% health. These Dark Phantoms will hurl pyromancy spells at the player.
Two Nimble Shadows will drop on either side of the Flexile Sentry as soon as the player enters the fight. They apply the Bleed debuff upon striking the player.
The Duke's Dear Freja will spawn and attack the player before he has passed through the first set of engraved doors in Brightstone Cove Tseldora. If one dies during this event five times, she will no longer appear. Alternatively, the player can turn and run back up the path once she appears. After some time, she will eventually go back down and never spawn there again. The damage one inflicts onto Freja here will persist when one enters the actual boss fight (even if one dies after the damage is done?(yes)).

+tons of ng+ exclusive armors and weapons

Overall, bonfire ascetics were also a really nifty concept, but enemies not respawning anymore after 15 kills was a shitty one.

It's a shame that every small victory DSII has gets overshadowed by the thousand losses that follow it.

Goddamn. I've not even thought about the softness of the Dancer's soles.

Imagine what it would feel like to rest yourself against them.

III has a cool ng+ weapon, don't remember what II had other than shadow set.

As for enemy respawns, sotfs made that both better and worse. Company of champions means you can farm most items, but gold lion warriors and I think undead clerics have to be ascetic'd which is gay as fuck because I like their armor.

>tfw there's yet to have some Dancer doujins

Patience, user. All good things take time.

Unless it ends up like the Wraith from Evolve, in which case, don't even hold your breath. Just enjoy what there is, and maybe make something by yourself.

The biggest offender is how they completely killed defensive builds. Playing like its Bloodborne gets you massive success. Trying to sword and board it is an active detriment to you. Then there are whole builds now made redundant. Hopefully it gets patched or worse, fixed by the DLC.

Gwyn being easy is the point though. You're meant to be his successor, so getting stomped by him wouldn't make much sense.

Yep, I fucking hated this shit.
I can enjoy both sword and boarding and rolling around like a madman, why restrict me to only one playstyle?
To make all my playthroughs feel exactly the same?Lame.

is Gwyndolin in DS3? would explain why he is getting more art lately.

She's mentioned a fair bit and the dorkmoons are in.

He's Aldritch or at least is consumed by Aldritch, I don't know the lore of him for DS3

"Aldrich dreamt as he slowly devoured the God of the Darkmoon. In this dream, he perceived the form of a young, pale girl in hiding" - Lifehunt Scythe Miracle. This might be a reference to Gwyndolin's female aspects or Darkmoon Company Captain Yorshka. It could also be a reference to Priscilla, and how her Painted World is akin to a dream, one in which she is hiding from the real world. The miracle itself is possibly Aldrich's attempt to mimic the real Lifehunt Scythe's ability. However, Lifehunt is an ability which only Priscilla is capable of fully utilizing, hence the miracle is an incomplete or maybe even a false copy.
Aldrich had devoured Gwyndolin, who was ill at the time, thus possessing much of the latter's abilities as well as appearance
Aldrich was locked up and forced to become a Lord of Cinder, as opposed to willingly sacrificing himself or becoming cursed like Prince Lothric.

She's wearing girl clothes so it's obviously a girl.

Any more? You said there was more art coming out.

3 is unplayable garbage, cant keep stable 60 FPS even at lowest resolution, windowed mode, and all graphics to off/low.

team B were the heroes we needed but didn't deserve

Dips all the time for me, what's your cpu/gpu?
I've got a r9 280 with a i5 3570 and 4gb ram here, at all minimum it stays at 55-60fps with frequent dips to 40-50

its not a lot but its something.

amd fx8120 overclocked (3.9mhz)
radeon HD sapphire 6870 1 GB (also overclocked)
16 gb ram power :^)

im above the requirements to run it at minimum, and yet i can't without big dips in major areas like firelink, cemetery of ash, Ithirill, lothric castle, dragonslayer armor, twin princes fight, dragon archpeak (the worst of all) and pontiff sulivan straight up freezes the game for 2 seconds every time he swings, etc. tried pretty much every solution you can find on the internet

disabled
done
tested and did very little

Optimization is really shite for no reason.
With my specs I should've been able to play at medium, but I can't even get steady 60 on low.

Would you kiss the dancer?

If I pulled that off, would she die?

No.
I don't like macro chicks.

Even is she asked very nicely of you?

I don't like any part of her.

What's not to like of her, user? She's beautiful, shapely, tall. She's got very wide hips, I'll say.

Would you make me a sandwich?

She's like twenty-five feet tall.

I'm talking about her actual appearance, not her personality.

You think she enjoys being fuckhueg?

She never asked for this. She never asked to have the worst growth spurt ever, as the only thing covering her modesty is the cursed parts of her armour fused to her very form, with her skin long gone purple from the cutoff of oxygen and frigid state she is in.

What you got against her height, man? You fun-sized, or something?

isn't she big from being part of the royal lineage? Aren't all the gods big?

She's barely-related. Distant daughter, or something. Hired to be a dancer, before her shit got ultimately fucked up.

Either way, the game does make note of the fact her proportions are fucked up on a level that suggests this isn't the usual dietic gigantism.

oh, that's a shame.

Because even if she was sane, you couldn't be in any kind of functional relationship with her. You couldn't even hold-hands.

Anyone want to help me beat dancer? SL24, trying to get into lothric castle.

Pw is taco

She was a good woman. What a rotten way to die.

What do you mean by that, man? You shallow, or something?

I swear that fucking bird was asking me to fuck its ass.

I assumed it was self-explanatory. You couldn't do anything together.

life finds a way

Have you tried asking her why she's so angry?

So you're just being a shallow fucking horndog, then.

Come on, man. Would you really be like that if she wasn't so fucking pissed off at her current predicament, but instead the complete opposite of that?

Says the guy posting lewds of her.

Yeah, and you're not. See the pattern, here, or are you blind to that, as well?

I'm really not sure what you're getting at

You can't pirate games, user!

Don't you know that every time you pirate a game, you actually deduct money from the developer? They could lose millions, with that kind of thinking!

I know, that's why I make sure to pirate Fez daily and delete it right after I finish pirating it.

It depends.
Would it make her happy?

user, you know you are calling in (215) when you post shit like that, keep it souls related please

What'd I miss?

(checked)
some guy went to (215) trying to denounce piracy and said some pretty "interesting" things like if devs were ok with piracy then he'd support it.

A Fair amount of female?

This was pretty funny.

Me thinks the pattern is that he may be posting lewds, but is all about the passion, while you're the total opposite; somebody who apparently cares about nothing but sex, yet points out the lewdry going on. A bit ironic. No?

That's just villainous! Imagine the squalor he lives in, from all of those losses, because of that.

Let him come.

If she wanted

We got a baby hands on our hands here boys

Post butthurt faggots.
He was using an Estoc

She's pretty frigid, bro. Might want to try and avoid getting your wet parts stuck on her armour.

Also, her ferocity would imply that if you were to make advances on her, she wouldn't exactly be very calm and collected. Thing's might get just a bit more than passionate.

Muchacha is an informal latin american form of "girl"
Lass is a bongoid form of "bitch"

You know what most western politicians have to say about people with small hands.

They've got very little reach using their arms, along with their penises being rather small.

wrong wrong wrong this was disproven

poise does not exist poise does not existpoise does not existpoise does not existpoise does not existpoise does not existpoise does not existpoise does not existpoise does not existpoise does not existpoise does not existpoise does not existpoise does not existpoise does not exist

But she loves you.

I'll never get dollfags.

I'd sooner want some giant savage dancer jumping towards my pelvis crotch-first at ramming speed to be real than some reject Jap Idol of a monstrosity that has the monster on the inside, rather than out.

It's something.

I wanna do things to the Dancer's butthole. Only her butthole.

Fuck user, this image in particular is the best
tfw fetish for bike shorts

>before you know it, you're warm and snug on the Dancer's lap on her cloth, unarmored delicious thighs
tfw the Dancer isn't real and will never wrap her long legs around you

Where exactly is the backstory for the Dancer revealed in the game?

What things?

Bloodborne is pretty fun. I like going around and washing in blood like alucard or something. Healing church hammer and nail all day.
thou shalt break them with a rod of iron, thou shalt dash them to pieces like a potter's vessel.

Fuck you From. Bloodborne was good but I bought Dark Souls 3, not Bloodborne 2. I want to actually be able to use shields, poise, big weapons, and heavy armor and have them be useful. If I wanted to have to dodge every single thing I'd go back to Bloodborne.

Get the poise mod then lad.
It still won't fix 80% of the bosses being designed around rollspam though.
A good thing about dork souls is how it had 3 possible playstyles(magic, rolling abuse, and blocking + occasional roll) each one of these modes with some sub-styles and hybrids.
But on dork souls 3?They made blocking and magic so shitty that now the only thing that works is rolling abuse, and you can't even use heavy weapons because no poise.

Can't mod; I'm a console pleb. But yeah I don't enjojy the rollspam design for bosses and that's all I've encountered so far in DS3. Honestly don't even feel like finishing it despite enjoying all the previous games.

Which area are you in yet?
Then I can tell you if it's worth quitting or not.

Did I do something wrong?

I just killed the abyss watchers and crystal sage last time I played

You played DSII.

No one will ever believe you.

Keep going until you reach Pontiff Sulyvahn, that's generally the high point of the game.

I just beat Sully yesterday, didn't feel like a "high point"

Then eh, you might as well drop it now.
The only decent bosses ahead are in the very end of the game(Nameless King and Soul of Cinder), you might as well drop it now.
Although if you already have 3/4 lord souls you could just finish it, but look up on how to get into the Dragonpeak place.

What? Only cinders of a lord I have thus far is Abyss Watchers.

Checked:

Unchecked:

AFAIK, that's only one actual Lord (Watchers) and a lot of scrubs. Now I'm facing a fork to either Irithyll Dungeon or door behind pontiff.

Item descriptions.

I recommend you enter the door behind Sulyvahn. Another Lord of Cinder is waiting for you there.

This long lovely dancer you speak of. You love to watch her do her stuff.

Through the long lonely nights, does she fill your sleep? Her body softly swaying, to that smoky beat.

the armor description said it fused to her body, so unfortunately i don't even think you can pull it off

i wish there was more of an explanation as to why the Pontiff's Eyes turn people into monsters after they're exiled. I mean in bloodborne its a lot more clear why the blood changes people into beasts and the mechanisms behind it - but the Pontiff and the story behind Irithyll is so muddled. Maybe they'll go into it more in the DLC, but i wish i understood why Vordt and the Dancer are the way they are. Its even more unfortunate because the Dancer is a direct descendant of Gwynevere and Rosaria might be as well, since Rosaria's soul can make Bountiful Sunlight - a miracle linked explicitly to Gwynevere

point is neither of them say anything, and i wish the would have had some dialogue or more backstory

Why would you want that?

I'm dumb enough to want to play Dark Souls 2. Should I pirate scholar of the first sin, or get the base game and obtain the DLC in some other fashion?

Pirate Scholar.
DaS2 is actually better than DaS3, let the hype wear off and you'll see

This all sounds very familiar.
Should I be worried?

If fun isn't a factor for you then maybe.

Keep that denial up bruh, unless some patches come in and fix shit like poise then current DaS2 > current DaS3

I never got how Izalith was THAT bad. Sure, it's short and messy and not up to par with the other levels at all, but I always disliked Demon Ruins more.

Also:
To me that last boss fight is much more about atmosphere and storytelling than an actual challenge. You get to see how desperate Gwyn is when he first jumps at you and the music starts up. Real good.

Izalith was really bad pre-patching, it used to have a shitton more dragon butts who would swarm you if you stepped within a 100 meter radius of them.

Yeah is it just me or has the aggro range been considerably nerfed on all enemies? I started playing it again a couple days ago and it seems like a lot of enemies don't even see me until I'm right up in their face.

Poise isn't a problem if you don't suck at dodging.

Git gud faggot.

There's an opening to the "crown", on the underside, so that would leave her well and ready for a kissy-kissy under mask.

Leeewwwd things. Finger stuff and mouth stuff. Cute buttholes deserve that sorta attention.

Poise is working as intended.

You can't even see her butthole, though. All you can see are her big fat buttcheeks attached to her wide birthing hips. How does that determine a cute butthole?

>>>/furry/

Girls have cute buttholes ya dingus, just a fact of life.

So if poise is supposedly broken, does that mean I'm making things hard on my self by wearing heavy armor and using the Dragon Slayer?

Dragonslayer Axe? Dragonslayer Swordspear? Dragonslayer Spear?

The greatsword. You know, the one that looks almost exactly like the Dragon Slayer from Berserk. I haven't found those other weapons yet, so I didn't realize there could be confusion.

I see now. Have you noticed a difference between wearing light armour and heavy armour?

What makes hers so unique, then? It's the gigantism. Isn't it?

Only that I roll like a tank. I've only played DaS 1 and BB, and in DaS 1 I was a roll fag who never tanked. I should be taking more than one hit without staggering when using heavy armor, shouldn't I? Would it be more feasible to wear the lightest armor I can to keep from heavy rolling?

While poise does work, it usually works against weapons with weak hits such as a dagger and later in the game, you'll find enemies using weapons much larger than a dagger. I remember in Dark Souls 2, when I was using a tank build, I still relied on rolls to avoid being hit from weapons and when I did rely on poise, it's usually from the hyper armour I receive from swinging heavy weapons. You still receive hyper armour when swinging heavy weapons in the game.

If you can't be bothered to read all that, use light armour when fighting against large enemies and remember to use a greatshield, too. Swing heavy weapons to poise through hits.

I thought it was going to be longer than it looked.

Bippity-bump. Look at this rump.

Just beat Aldrich.

Ended with a magnificent Double KO on the third try as I was greedy and went for one more hit against the arrow rain.

I just ran back avoiding enemies and picked up my big puddle of souls.

yeah, "too much woman" or "a lot of woman"

What's a good way of dealing with Aldrich's bullshit homing rain of arrows attack? I'm tired of dying to that shit.

Didn't mean to reply.

Yeah but 2 is a shit game, it just doesn't feel as responsive as any other game in the series including demon's. It's like your character is wading through molasses.

RETARDS STILL INSISTING POISE DOESN'T WORK

for fuck sakes

and before some retard tries to post HURR DURR HYPAH ARMUH

try spellcasting while someone throws daggers or uses a very light weapon.

Run and never stop running. Praying he never does it might improve your chances, I hope you're at least +2 with the Christianity covenant

So then, how does it work?

I don't know exactly, but the tracking and speed of the arrows drops off if you're further away from Aldrich.

He's not wrong. Overall 2 had better gameplay and variety of playstyles as well as new armors and better optimization. The only thing 3 beats 2 in is area design coherency and graphics.

Just as an example:

1: the new changes to poise prevent quick builds like cestus hands or whips, or strong builds like 2 handers to be viable. Largepy in pve and PvP, this ruins replayability a lot.

2: Further ruining replayability the best weapons for the longest while are the early weapons upgraded. No longer are boss souls weapons viable or many of the unique weapons till much later. So you find yourself using a short sword or an estoc or spear for the majority of the game due to sunken cost fallacy with the ore you already invested.

3: Even further hurting replayability magic is horribly needed in 3, reducing the range a ridiculous degree compared to previous games as well as random lock offs where your character abandons their lock on for seemingly no reason. The spells also scale horribly.

Because of what's mentioned before players often just go str/dex and use some straight sword, halberd or estoc and stick with that. You really have to try if you Want something different, and its usually mid to late game making you do the same shit each time till lvl 50 or 60.

By contrast DS2 has a lot of variety to its abilities due to magic and pyro not being useless and relatively quick to unlock trainers as well as a good poise system making sword and board, heavy armor with 2 hander, dual weiled weapons as well as actual dual weild stances, faith due to proper range and lightning spear not sucking.

Point being DS2 has more replaying value compared to 3 much more.

4: DS3 has 19 total bosses . DS2 has 31, not counting dlc or aldia. The increased bosses also cause the dudes in armor complaint as with so many bosses repeating themes are inevitable, especially with 2s theme of the fallen kingdom of King Vendricks to corruption.

DS2 also has a much more in depth ng+ compared to DS3 which has barely anything by contrast, which the other user pointed out.

The bosses in DS2 are also not all infinite stam endless swings. They actually tire and have generally the same style of fighting for the whole fight compared to DS3s sub 50% Shaka khan motherfucker moments for almost all boss fights.

5:

Covenants in DS2 are better than DS3.

DS3 makes switching too simple and noncommittal, ruinig the themes of exploration and the sense of commitment to joining. Really the covenants are a perfect metaphor for DS3. They're shallow, almost all serving the same purpose and leave more to be desired.

DS2s covenants are largely terrible as well but they at least included an arena for PvP and made joining an active decision. Also bell tower saw use late game compared to Watchdogs of Farron which are largely useless past 40. DS3s failure in covenants is they copied all the mistakes DS2 made with covenants while forgetting to add in the few good elements DS2 had for covenants.

Overall DS3 has been really disappointing to me. I've loved the series since DS1 and at this point I wish the B team had made DS3, rather than Miyazaki, who seemed more interested in trying to make DS3 into bloodborne rather than making a good game.

A small side annoyance. DS2 actually made new armors and themes. DS3 spent too much time pointing at DS1 and trying to remind us of the good times.

I blame his love for Bloodborne. He let his emotions for wanting a sequel to it influence his creative direction for DS3. DS3 does not feel like a dark souls game, its largely trying to be Bloodborne while lacking the combat style, mechanics and speed of Bloodborne. As a result DS3 is trying to be two different things and failing at both. The game feels rushed as well tbh.

This is the first game I bothered buying in a while, rather than play older console games or games I have on PC, and I regret buying it at this point. It just feels so unfullfilling and low effort. It lacks the original love that any other DaS & DS game had. I really don't see how so many anons love it when it lacks so much of what made the originals so fun.

Despite the cons, I'm still enjoying it. I only payed 27$ to get it for BloodborneBox.

Why is there no lewd armor in DS3?

Don't sexualize the crows.

I feared that DS3 was going to be heavily influenced by Bloodborne when footage for the game kept coming out, and I was unfortunately right.

I like Bloodborne, but in no way did I want it influencing a game from a different series to this magnitude. Dark Souls 3 is Bloodborne but with a Dark Souls skin on top, and I hate that.

You mustn't been playing the game, then, which might be a good thing. Not much of worth, besides the frigid dancer.

You're really gonna count the dancer armor as lewd? The only thing remotely "lewd" about it are the black pants which reveal that your female character has no ass.

Well, the rest of the series is pretty much where they tried to make things more "realistic", and personally, I think that's a nice change, considering how there's very little games that let you wear a funny looking helmet that actually existed once in real life.

i blame his love for dark souls, literally every problem comes from the consequences of trying to have dark souls again for a proper sequel instead of more bloodborne.

so, due to sully and the fall of lothric the only possible survivors of Gwyn's line are the nameless king, Yorshka, and Rosaria.

also if the orphan of kos is gherman then gherman exists as the host of both the hunter's dreams and the hunter's nightmare all the while still having some newborn great one body in the real world thanks to his killing of kos.
if we take the 3 cords path and complete the DLC we may of ended up causing two humans' apotheosis.

The Dancer too

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Dancer's Crown
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Dancer's Soul
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Soothing Sunlight

He said survivors, user.

Ah, can't believe someone went in-depth into this, I was planning to do it.
Thanks anyways user, nice explanation.

Also, to everyone not enjoying the game, get the mod that reenables poise and it becomes at least slightly fun.

it's far too late to start worrying now

yeah…
about that…

but yeah her and gertrude are both daughters of gwynevere.

No shills to defeat, though. Fapping remains unopposed. God help us all.

That ass is gonna consume everything, and there's not damn much we can do about it.

Nigga wat, I wouldn't count a lot of shit that happens in DS3 as remotely "realistic".

The armour, man. Most of the armour is based on European history.

The levels of the game are also based on famous battles, which took actually took place in medieval Europe.

So, here's this big-ass dancer.

from is amazing with how unsubtle they are sometimes meanwhile figuring what the fuck the profane flame is other then fire from the sky is impossible.

I don't know why he did this seeing as sony still has them under contract for TWO more games one of which will probably be bloodborne 2.

Sony would be stupid not to make them make it seeing as it basically sold the ps4.

That's it, that's the whole reason you think it's trying to be more realistic, using less exotic looking European armour.

Kill yourself.

Also… why isn't there a dragon cov?

You can get the stones without being a cov.
Also covs barely mean shit anymore so w/e

Come on man even basic memes get over your head.

current poise + new item poise - (current+new/100)

How do I control my rage?

What boss would that be?

The difference is that the doll won't kill everything in an insane frenzy.

I think; I never finished BloodBorne, put it on hold to play other stuff. What do you mean by "monster on the inside?"

Read the previous posts to mine.

It's not like you can't just dance the Dancer into submission. She's basically feral, so you'll just have to play into that, and dance with her.
Dance the dance of life.

this is what your summon sign is for.

these scrubs man.

this, my first attempt on a boss is usually my unknowing encounter but as for training against it i usually get summons.
then when i feel i know them well enough to beat them on my own i make solo attempts.

I just get summons to not use and ember to become cindered then fight. Getting summoned makes a shit ton of souls really fast, and I feel like I might over level. Since endurance was split into two stats, is the meta for DaS III higher?

the doll was thought to be a great one prior to the DLC.
instead she turns out to be maria or at least one man's dream with her, something given life to ease the loneliness.

the claimed meta is SL120, but you can go up to 144 and still interact with the 120 meta so if you wanted you could go the extra 24 levels and still fight the metafags.

Why not both?

What? At the same time?

NP. You'd probably have done better tbh as I rushed it and did on phone. Kinda regret not adding onto the issues both 2 and 3 had with redundant covenants, 2s ridiculous stat reqs on weapons often forcing str/Dex builds and some other stuff about ng+

I think its due to him wanting to work on bloodborne instead of another souls game. Or maybe Bloodbornes success convinced him he should make DS3 into BB lite. Either way he fucked what might be the last installment of the souls series. I'd hate to think it ends like this but it is what it is.

Dark Souls 2 was okay, WITH the DLC's. The original base game is shit.
Scholar made the game an actual good souls game. Dark Souls 3 is good, even without the dlc, so far. Only big fuck up in my books is how they have handled the banning situation and MAKING POISE NOT A FUCKING WORKING STAT.

And anyone who says Dark Souls 2 doesnt have its original lore is a uneducated ding a ling.

Also, reading up on how people justify poise being disabled is so fucking sad.

Like how does a developmental company makes the 3rd entry in a series, and DISABLES a stat that is VERY important to game play.

I think I finally understand. All the people loving DS3 and claiming its better than 2 are the bloodborne audience. Course they're happy, this isn't a Dark Souls game, not really. Its a shitty Bloodborne game wearing the skin of a Dark Souls game.

Bullshit. DS3 got boring during the first run, I couldn't even beat it twice. And its NG+ is worthless. Its telling your counterargument to all my points is "No DS3 is fun, 2 was shit".

DS2 certainly has its flaws but its a much better, fulfilling game than DS3.

Honestly I don't even know how you can think 3 is better when theirs two different viable playstyles in it compared to 1 & 2s over a dozen different playstyles. Even the bosses in 3 were underwhelming with how they copied BB and forced dodge mechanics.

poise is not disabled.
stop being a retard.

You might want to double check that, kid.

Eh, sure. I dont even care that much. They aren't that great of games anyways.

Hes right that its not disabled though. It's working exactly as miyazaki intended. As it was pointed out earlier in thread too, some redditor did 50 hours of testing and uploaded the videos to youtube. Poise now effects invincibility frames. Embed related. Skipping to 14:20 gets past the menus and shit and to the testing.

The poise change is intentional by miyazaki to force a bloodborne playstyle in Dark Souls 3.

But didnt some tech group go into the script and find it physically disabled?

Also, Miyazaki never fixed the fps problem in DaS2 and said "It is working as intended".

Whatever, I am not even going to argue about this series. Good attempt, but not great. I am borrowing a ps4 and bloodborne next week. After Armored Core and this series, I might just be done with FromSoft in general.

Sauce? I'd like to see how they explain the difference in the I-frames due to poise being changed.

Prolly for the best tbh. Miyazaki doesnt care much for PC considering all their ports performance issues.

the guy who made the vid in speculated that it could have just been something else used for testing.

Comment on video "None of this, regardless of how well researched, invalidates that poise is not working as intended. I'm not sure wtf happened to the guy who had video proof of him turning it back on, but the simple fact that you can get staggered by a dagger when in full havels means its not on. I dont mean to be a dick as you clearly did alot of work, but in the end it doesn't matter as the stat could be completely different in these tests if it was turned on. I wish I could find a guide for doing it somewhere online but all hint of that guys work has been blocked. Not sure if it was FromS being fuckwads or him being an idiot."

Response by Back_like_Flint "No, you can easily find it on Nexus mods. The guy you're talking about is Andele, and he got rid of it specifically for these reasons. It was misunderstood, it was not a "switch" to turn "on or off," it was simply part of the binary, and there were no indications it was just left "off" by mistake. It is working as intended, you have to understand something that he, and many other programmers know (not me, I can't code shit). What they've told me is these things are extremely common in game development, and that Poise is also used for enemies. They likely used that system, because it was easy to implement something that already existed for developing all of the other combat aspects.

After that, they could implement this system. They needed the Poise breaking values for every single weapon, and all of their attacks. They also needed to figure out how each attack could stack, only to then connect it, to every single amount of Poise possible, in every weight category. This Poise system would've came at the very end of the combat developmental process, while that one was likely used for early testing, and was already being implemented for enemies anyways. It wasn't meant to be turned back on, and they've clearly stated that it is working as intended, but that it's more situational this time, and players just haven't taken notice to it yet. each Frame is simply 33.3 milliseconds at 30fps, so think about how hard it is to notice with your bare eyes. However, even a single iFrame can make, and has always made one hell of a difference in the Souls series."

This is fucking retarded, I didn't know it was this bad and that FromSoft are this fucking stupid.

Who gives these hacks money.

I swear FromSoft just took the Bloodborne coding/engine or whatever the fuck, slapped a Dark Souls 3 skin/world and shipped it. That is why Poise is so fucking confusing, cause I am pretty sure it doesnt even exist in Bloodborne.

GG.

poise is just how much damage you take before you flinch right? or did they change something in 3?

Poise use to be how many hits you could take before being staggered.

My sentiments exactly

As said it used to be how many hits/dmg you could take before being staggered and your attacks interrupted. Now its how many I-frames of invincibility you get while rolling.

This has had a pronounced effect on the game as every enemy can get hyper armor now. So lets say you like quick weapons, and you hit an enemy, at most you'll get 2-3 hits before he gets hyper armor and is unstaggerable/flinchable and swings back. Now for some swords or large weapons this would be fine but for quick weapons like daggers, caestus, whips, claws, hooks, shortswords(to a degree) their viability in pvp and pve is ruined.

Then for large weapons you can't "tank" damage as you used to be able to do when swinging large weapons in heavy armor as two quick hits breaks your attack sequence. This ruins big weapons in pvp as well as pve unless you want the added difficulty for an unviable weapon.

Add the broken poise system ruining heavy armor onto the way stam works now with shields and how easy it is to break a shield guard and the only truly viable method in pve and pvp now is to dodge.

So yeah, shits fucked.

Dark Souls II is not inherently a bad game, but it feels like a developer saw Dark Souls and tried to copy it exactly. Scholar fixes many of the problems but it still feels lazy and cheap overall. Having good replay-ability at best. Story is shit

Bloodborne removes the shield from the equation and turned into dodge and roll. Story is lovecraft pandering shit

Dark Souls 3 is a mix of every game from Demon's Souls to Bloodborne, with the most obvious elements taken from BB and Dark Souls 1, yes this makes shields almost fucking worthless, but they are not completely pointless as many attacks can be blocked at the expense of your stamina. Story is bearable, but still not great.

So, basically, dont get hit or rely on attacking through an enemies attack. This is the tactics used in Bloodborne right? havent played it yet.

Dark Souls 2 story actually isnt that bad.
Just tales of Kings trying to save their kingdoms from the abyss, and evil fucking women.

It's a much more viable tactic to roll in DS3. Sword and board is only going to get you so far, and shields feel the most worthless out of any Dark Souls game.

You can still sword and board, but relying on it can often send you to your death. I found myself having an easier time rolling rather than shielding in boss fights.

So yes, it's like Bloodborne.

More or less. But Bloodborne also has a healing effect where you can get back lost life by being aggressive and attacking quickly after you've been hurt. Dark Souls 3 doesnt have this. It also doesnt have the versatility and weapon art styles Bloodborne has. Or the speed of Bloodborne. This has led to DS3 being a shitty offshoot of Bloodborne and a failure of a Souls game. It's depressing to think about tbh.

user makes an excellent point that I forgot to mention. Because DS3's combat feels like it was ripped straight from Bloodborne, the enemies are much more aggressive than any Souls game as a consequence. They will often eat through your stamina quickly (which is why sword and board is a detriment this time).

this is what makes sully as hard a boss as he is, he's a bloodborne boss in a dark souls game.

it doesn't help that he's a sorcerer/cleric who's capable of dual-wielding greatswords.

So the enemies and bosses have bloodborne AI, well you are stuck with Dark Souls 1 play-styles.

This summery is like a nightmare about fighting someone but not being able to outstretch your fist to punch.

Yeah true. And the endless stamina many enemies seem to have leads to them being able to break your stamina or damage it to near breaking levels first try leads to a divide between the pacing of the game due to the equipment, weapons and styles of the weapons and the enemies themselves.

Or that the game can often lag to all hell when he goes full particle effects sub 50%. But yeah, you bring up a really good point. A lot of bosses like the boreal dancer and others emphasize the necessity of speed over other defensive mechanics which does better in Bloodborne than Dark Souls.

Pretty much yeah. The game is broken between two different styles of play at the same time, always in conflict with each other. Which is cool thematically, but shit in practice, as it ruins a lot of the game. It also seems like some of the enemies like the Abyss Watchers are ripped straight out of Bloodborne or a sequel.

A cool mechanic they should add, is when wearing a fullset for a certain character/enemy, you would not be attacked by said enemies.

Yes

I mean, I like Dark Souls 3 but it's definitely my least favorite in the franchise.

Dark Souls 3 is the most fanservice-y Dark Souls game, which is pretty surprising when you consider Dark Souls 2.

Then again, at least Dark Souls 2 actually tried to stand out from DS1 in a lot of ways.

I want to like it, I really do. But I just keep remembering all the fun I had in DS1, going through NG+s and fighting in dark Anor Londo, being summoned to help people as well as Pvp arenas in DS2, hunting down Reds as a blue, fighting Velstadt and DS3 just makes me depressed and not want to play it.

So much of what made Dark Souls Dark Souls is missing. I really want to like it, I just wish it was better, I miss those fun times pvping or struggling in NG+s.

but muh lore! right?

I have actually had nightmares like that a lot. I hate them since they are one of few dreams I can remember and they make me feel so weak.

It could work but would be too difficult to implement now. There was videos of DS1 and DS2 doing it to other players tho, pretending to be NPC enemies and tricking invaders into looking for them.

the weakness of speed is stability, 18 int is enough for great magic shield and 18 str is enough for a black knight shield which when enchanted becomes nigh-unbreakable to even the mightyOP dragon-slayer's great-axe and have 100% block on all damage types.

There could not have been a more perfect time for this thread.

Yeah, I have done that many times in the series.

Worst fucking nightmares ever. Also where you try to run, but can only walk and when you look at a car it immediately tries to run you over.

To me, the game is like cold left over pizza from the store. It's still good, pizza is still pizza, but it's got nothing on a real, authentic pie.

I can pop in the game and have mindless fun…which is kinda sad, I feel like I'm going through the motions with DS3.

It's like they were afraid to showcase a noticeably slower game than BB in the fucking trailers or something. I don't fucking get it. Your character's maneuverability should be a stone's throw away from armored core, and the speed of the game slowed down to match, enough for mechanics other than first hit trading to matter. Strategy and commitment to actions, not twitchy action that is worse than games like devil may cry anyway. Fucking from.

You're lucky, I wish I could do that. I can't get into it anymore after beating it once. It's not like the other two, I just get so bored so easily. Theres just so much less replayability and options to it compared to 1 & 2. I keep thinking how I wish I could dual wield caestus or whips for fun like I used to. Or go moonlight greatsword and lure people in with magic, then smash. Or just have the increased difficulty in the ng+s to play. I can't stomach playing over 10 minutes anymore after putting well over a thousand hours into 1 and 2.

I think im just gonna try and play 1 or 2 again and hope there's still a pvp/pve scene left.

Exactly. Like the old souls games where it wasnt about speed, it was about defensive actions and planning your moves out against enemies. If I wanted to play Bloodborne I'd have gotten Bloodborne.

i take it you didn't use the str weapons in bloodborne?
the entire point of the rally mechanic was to reward trading blows.

the game only became more devil may cry if you followed gherman's method of fighting rather then ludwigs.

ITT: People that have never played Demon's Souls or Bloodborne make completely nonsensical complaints about a game that is factually superior to Dark Souls II in nearly every way (and very nearly beats out the original Dark Souls itself).

I did not see a single complaint about DS3 in this thread that didn't boil down to either A: The PVP is broken garbage!!!! (surprise, motherfucker, every souls game has shitty broken PVP), or B: M-MUH POISE and literally nothing else.

DS3 is by no means a perfect game, or the best game in the series (absolutely worst endings ever), but ya'll motherfuckers must be suffering from some SEVERE stockholm syndrome if you've managed to convince yourself that "100% perfect-track-a-thon ice-rink-gliding just-a-shockwave double-durability-drain-on-PC literally-copypasta-boss lifeless-trash-NPCs elevator-from-swamp-leads-up-to-molten-volcano-that-doesn't-exist unfinished-mechanics false-advertising-visual-downgrade pay-60bux-twice-for-the-same-exact-fucking-game: the vidya" is better in any single fucking way.

Pic related, it's a Dark Souls II fan.

This is some monkey's pawn bullshit.

So I only played DS2 pre-scholar, is it worth it for me to go back and play the scholar version now?

whats a game thats worth then?

Why even play the game at this rate?

I had more fun playing das2

Because it's slightly better with poise enabled, I guess.
At least I didn't pay for it though, I feel like DS2 was more worth my money than this would be.

Here's the video of that guy turning poise on and off in DS3.

My biggest problem with the covenants is there are NO penalties for changing them. No sin system.

It's like they seen everything good with all the games and decided to leave that shit out for no other reason than fuck it.

I hate focus points, i miss spell charges, i hate how you have to be in someones face for lighting spears to even do damage and how miracles in general suck now. Weapon arts or hit or miss.

I patiently wait for the day a very good american or euro dev copies what from did and makes it even better.

Yep, shit's fucked. Think It'll ever be fixed?

While it isn't, just get the mod that fixes it.

I have it on BloodborneBox. Got it relatively cheap.

How do you play at 30fps?I'm genuinely curious, the game feels choppy as fuck already when there are lots of effects going on and it drops to 45

where is the snuggly

I feel that was neutered late in development, considering how the Statue of Velka has an absolve sin option, I'm also waiting to hear on the people who pick apart game files to see if there is any sign of a Blue Eye Orb being mentioned at all

Darkdrift Build advice, PvP?

I don't think anyone found that. I mean look at all the "cut" content they did find.

Get the tower key from the old merchant chick, then go up to the door that leads into Firelink Shrine, take a left up the stairs, and go out the exposed window part.

It's almost like all the praise for Dark Souls II comes from PvP fags because III was built as a game first and then had PvP put in rather than what they did in Dark Souls II where they made a game for PvP and then built a messy disjointed set of levels around it where you find PvP equipment.

PvP was a mistake.

i wish charge wasn't such a shit skill in PvP.

But in DS III both PvP and PvE are shit due to no poise.
Inb4 git gud, I've already beat the game twice, it's just that I cannot use the weapons I like because even a rat's small charge will stun you, and the only fast weapon I liked using was Ricard's Rapier.

I have a quick question are dark souls 1 saves transferable to other xbox 360 profiles? I ask because apparently saves on the xbox are locked/bound to specific profiles, but certain games allow saves to transer to different profiles. I haven't found anything telling me if it is possible to transfer dark souls saves are not so I want to ask first before potentially messing something up.

I get the feeling that after you obtain the Lordvessel the game is kind of rushed towards the end. Archives are very nice, Tomb of the Giants is also cool, but New Londo was a disappointment and Izalith is dull?

Fuck me, the whole setting and plot is bleak as hell.

I'm thinking of playing Bloodborne next, but I've been told it has a completely different feel to it. Das II and III will have to wait for now.

You could go ahead to Das III since it's basically Bloodborne.

The lack of the world's most esoteric stat (e.g. how many hits on average can I take from xyz weapon before my invisible stat meter gets drained and my combo gets interrupted????) does not make slow weapons useless, you fuck. You people complaining about poise seem to forget that it literally made PVP in Dark Souls 1 a game of "everyone wear the same armor sets purely for the poise value and then black flame/wotg and UGS-pivot to victory".

When you have a weapon with literally double the range and damage of any given straight sword at max upgrade, you have to fucking balance that shit out. Just cutting its attack speed would effectively kill it as a viable weapon, as the enemy could just poke you before you finish your attack, but that's why fucking HYPER ARMOR exists. Hyper armor lets you complete your attack animation successfully regardless of what your opponent is doing, so long as you actually use some skill and time the shit right.

Hyper armor actually makes sense from a design perspective, unlike poise, because it mirrors actual fucking physics (inertia, motherfucker. It's hard to stop an attack from a gigantic hunk of metal that's already in motion). Not only that, but because poise as a mechanic doesn't really exist for the player, you're no longer fucking required to use heavy armor just to make your weapon choice viable, and trashlords can't just rely on stacking the highest poise armor to make up for their shitty skill-less play. The game isn't the one at fault here, you just need to adjust to fact that your babby crutch is gone and isn't coming back.

tl;dr you're trash, your opinions are wrong, git gud kid

lost izalith was wasted potential imo, same with new londo. fuck tomb of the giants, its just badly designed. although the archives were pretty cool, albiet confusing.

So you're saying we should give up on wearing heavy armor and just play Bloodborne instead?

And no poise made DS III "everyone using a thrusting sword/katana spamming light attack to victory", your point?Only that now heavy armor is 100% worthless because there's no poise and regular defense barely matters.
They were balanced nigger, even in DaS STR builds were kinda shit, you compensated for the extra range and damage with the lack of speed, poise was there to guarantee that if you and your opponent attacked at the same time, you'd get a hit in too.
Now let me tell you what happens if you use a slow weapon:The hyper armor only triggers on the very end of the attack except on a few specific weapons, so your entire attack can be negated because the opponent mashed R1 as soon as you started attacking.

Hyper armor actually makes sense from a design perspective, unlike poise, because it mirrors actual fucking physics (inertia, motherfucker. It's hard to stop an attack from a gigantic hunk of metal that's already in motion). Not only that, but because poise as a mechanic doesn't really exist for the player, you're no longer fucking required to use heavy armor just to make your weapon choice viable, and trashlords can't just rely on stacking the highest poise armor to make up for their shitty skill-less play. The game isn't the one at fault here, you just need to adjust to fact that your babby crutch is gone and isn't coming back.

Oh we're jumping to ad hominem now are we?
Guess what nigger, I've already beat the fucking game, twice actually, I'm not complaining about poise because it made the game too hard and I couldn't get past Pontiff/Gundyr/Casual Filter, I'm complaining because it makes the game unfun to play as unless you're running a light weapon.
Honestly, I don't know where you got this idea of "max poise and heavy armor and heavy wepaons were always OP hurr durr" when pretty much on every single souls game DEX builds would consistently outperform STR builds on PvP, the only difference is that now DEX also wins over STR by a landslide in PvE because frantic bosses/enemies + no poise = you get many less hits in.

THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

You blithering retard, just because straight swords are now actually fucking viable in PVP doesn't mean that UGS are suddenly unviable, and katanas have ALWAYS been viable in the series (washing pole? chaos blade? hello?). UGS are just less common now because they take more skill to actually use effectively, and you can't rely on your shitty crutch of stacking full havels or giantdad and standing there spamming attacks to win.

I am just loving this meme. I give it 5 out of 5 meme points.

1. If regular defense doesn't matter, then go PVP naked and then tell me how it goes.
2. Stop trying to look at this series like it's a classic RPG, because it isn't and it and never was.

In a classic RPG, it makes sense to have each piece of equipment be a direct upgrade from a previous piece of equipment, because you want the player to feel like they're progressing in stats and gaining strength as they play, and equipment is just a means to an end in that regard. In a game where PVP actually exists though, this system no longer makes sense, as it just leads to the playerbase using the same 5-10 pieces of armor because they give the best stat ratios and the rest of the armors go completely unused (unless someone is doing a challenge/joke build).

Bloodborne solved this problem by making nearly every armor in the game a variation of stats, rather than a direct upgrade, so you could choose your armor based on the situation and what you liked the look of most, rather than which had the best overall stats. However, since Dark Souls as a series has always had an absolute fuckload of armor options, they couldn't copy the Bloodborne system outright because people would just bitch about not having as many choices (even though 90% of those "choices" would just be worthless filler garbage). Instead, they went with a looser version of the system, where *some* armors are statistically better than others, but the differences are minor enough that you're not going to be at a severe disadvantage just because you wanted to wear an armor set that you thought looked cool.

The souls series is about progressing via player skill, not via numbers. If you want to feel like you're progressing because you have the best numbers, go play an MMO or fucking Disgaea or something, fuck.

END PART 1, SEE PART 2

BEGIN PART 2 FROM

What do you not fucking get about HYPER ARMOR BEING A MECHANIC. It does the EXACT SAME FUCKING THING that poise did, except it only activates where you are ACTUALLY ATTACKING THE ENEMY, which is the ONLY TIME IT SHOULD MATTER.

Confirmed for LITERALLY not knowing what hyper armor is or how it functions. Are you sure you actually played the game?

Here, let me break this down for you. Every attack in the game has startup frames, damage frames, and assorted recovery frames:

- Startup frames are the number of frames it takes before damage from your attack actually starts applying to the enemy
- Damage frames are the number of frames where damage is actually applied
- Recovery frames are the frames it takes before you can do another action (these vary depending on what action you're trying to do after attacking, but that's not important right now)

Hyper armor starts applying at a specific frame DURING THE STARTUP, and makes you COMPLETELY IMMUNE to hit-stun until ALL of the hyper armor frames have passed, with the last frame generally landing during the recovery frames.

Aside from a few minor exceptions (notably some straight sword 2H R2's, some axe R2's, some weapon arts), the only weapons that greatly benefit from hyper armor are Ultra Greatswords and to a lesser extent regular Greatswords and some halberds. These weapons generally have hyper armor apply within the first ~0-30 frames of the attack, so unless you're playing like a complete retard, you're basically GUARANTEED to get your damage in on the enemy, even if they were swinging at the same time that you were. It's like poise never went away!

Not only that, but if your attack DOES land on them, you now have the advantage of them being hitstunned for longer than your recovery frames last, meaning that you get a FREE second hit without them being able to retaliate. If they try to roll away after the second hit (a combo breaking mechanic that was introduced in DS2, mind you), you STILL have the advantage of absurd range and instant pivoting, so you can generally get a third hit in if you're lucky or plan well.

So in short, no, R1 spam does not beat hyper armor, you ignorant twat.

END PART 2, SEE PART 3

Dancer a shit

BEGIN EXCITING CONCLUSION FROM

Ad hominem is using personal attacks IN PLACE OF an argument. I'm not using personal attacks IN PLACE OF my arguments, I'm using them in ADDITION to my arguments, you fuckwit.

See, like that.

Point to the spot where I said anything about beating the game.

Again, where was I talking about PVE?

I have no idea what your definition of "fun" for this game is, but your complaint reads like you mean to say "using an UGS in PVE is too hard and therefor the game isn't fun".

"Unfun" in this game is trying to run a fist build in PVE, with its insanely gimped range, insanely low damage, and inability to combo-lock. Just fighting a single fucking hollow is a tedious pain in the ass, it's like doing a powerstanced dual mundane ladle run from DS2.

UGS do not suffer from these problems, they're just harder to use properly than light weapons, as they rightly should be.

You're absolutely right, fast katana and BSS builds WOULD outperform UGS builds in Dark Souls… at high-level play, where everyone is maxed out and players knew how to take advantage of the few weaknesses of giantdad/fullhavel. (Admittedly I got into DeS after the PVP community had died, so I can't really comment on that game specifically.)

Endgame fight club PVP isn't the only kind of PVP in existence though, and you're fucking high as a kite if you think that high poise UGS builds in Dark Souls didn't completely fucking decimate players in any other form of PVP. The only difference now is that players actually stand a chance against someone with an UGS, even if all they have is a broadsword and a wooden shield.

It's admittedly much more challenging to beat bosses with slow weapons, but not impossible. Maybe you just need to git gud, small son.

wot did u say m8

He likely died later from having his fucking bones and internal organs crushed.

Yes of course, now instead of crutch havels and giantdads you get crutch estocs and katanas, really good it is

1.5. If regular defense matters so much, then why does every single person stays under 70% equip load no matter what?
Now you just got this part horribly wrong, the souls series has a very clear gear progression, yeah sure it's viable to just upgrade your starting weapon, but to say that the only thing that improves is skill and not armor, weapons and shields is just proving that you don't know what the game is about.

What do you not fucking get about HYPER ARMOR BEING A MECHANIC. It does the EXACT SAME FUCKING THING that poise did, except it only activates where you are ACTUALLY ATTACKING THE ENEMY, which is the ONLY TIME IT SHOULD MATTER.
Except it fucking doesn't, if hyper armor acted like poise did you'd have a point, and it doesn't as you yourself said:
Which is just blatantly wrong, go play the game and you'll find out.Most of your hits can and will be interrupted at the very beggining, hyper armor only beggins halfway through the animation.Grab a ultrahammer/ultraaxe and swing at the same time as your enemy swings his small sword, he'll get the hit in and there ends your animation.
Also, counting range is retarded, one roll is enough to get away from literally any type of attack, so in the end you've spent extra stamina and will need to stay more time in recovery anyways.
Then explain why the pvp is mostly fast swords then?Oh wait, you can't.Those options are surely just as good as they ever were but one is suddenly way less common because ????

Here fam
now,
Only because enemies don't play by the same rules as you and have poise(most notable examples being lothric knights and silver/black ones), if you had poise then fists would be a thousand times more viable due to you being able to tank the first hit.
Fists are just harder to use than UGS :^)
The fact is that heavy weapons have been gimped, the exact same thing that you're saying about fists.
Well this part was really fucking obvious becauser DeS had no poise and it was the same shit, use a fast weapon or get shat on.
Are you implying that UGS were ever OP in Dark Souls?Please, they spent way more stamina and generally left you way more open, not to mention being ridiculously easy to parry, and just as you said, a good katana player would beat a good UGS player anyways, even with poise.
Again with this fucking shit, looks like someone just can't understand that maybe, just maybe I am complaining about something because I don't find it fun, not because I'm losing, besides now you've admitted that STR weapons are gimped compared to fast weapons, which invalidates your other two posts so what was the point of that?
My point stands, DS III is twice as better as a game when poise is on, there's no excuse for it to be disabled at all.

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about with this hyper armor being so useful as to completely negate the need for poise in PvP. I get staggered to shit trying to attack with the Greatsword against speed builds.

This is bull. Everyone that isn't heavy rolling, which is everyone since heavy armor is shit, rolls out of my second swing.

They're usually out of range after rolling out of my second hit.

If I were to pander to you, I'd compromise by adding poise back in but making it take less hits to stagger at high poise. But I don't give a shit, and would rather it just be turned back on and have faggots learn to parry.

What lore badass will we fight in Dark Souls 3?

You can't tell me what to do. You're not my dad.

wolnir

Ah, he looks fine where he is.

Are you trying to say that winning with a rapier or katana is easier now than winning with UGS-pivoting in Dark Souls ever was? Are you seriously losing to rapier and katana users? Just how bad are you at this game?

What the fuck are you even trying to say here? What does the roll speed breakpoint have to do with the usefulness of defense stats? How does it have any bearing on whether or not defense is useful at all?

I didn't say that the series doesn't HAVE gear progression, I said that the game wasn't ABOUT gear progression. Every souls game can be beaten entirely with reinforced starter gear, and it's not even that much harder than beating it with items you come across while exploring. You even agree with this yourself in the same sentence:

Direct statistical upgrades for armors, shield, and weapons all EXIST and have existed throughout the game series (Bloodborne mostly excluded), but the vast majority of your progression in the series comes from upgrading your character's stats, improving your favorite pieces of equipment, and gitting gud, not from collecting new equipment.

The changes made to the equipment and combat systems in Dark Souls 3 appear to mimic the improvements from Bloodborne: give the player more choices by making more choices actually viable to use. If you think the series was ever about gear progression (completely ignoring the existence of King's Field), then YOU don't know what the game is about, which should be obvious anyway because who the fuck looks at Dark Souls and says YEAH THAT GAME IS ABOUT GETTING SWEET LOOT.

Man, your reading comprehension skills really need some work. Lets try this again:
Translated for retards: Hyper armor applies at different frames of the attack animation, depending on which attack you're doing. Some attacks have it applied at frame 0, some attacks have it applied at frame 30, it varies.

Lets take an example of, say, a Dark Sword user versus a Black Knight Greatsword user. The first hit of a Dark Sword 1H R1 has ~32 frames of startup before damage is applied. The first hit of a Black Knight Greatsword 2H R1 has ~48 frames of startup before damage is applied. This means that the DS user will damage the BKGS user ~16 frames before taking damage, and normally this would hit-stun the BKGS user out of their attack and the DS user would take no damage. However, the BKGS has ~46 frames of hyper armor that start applying at ~frame 20, meaning that the DS user must launch their attack at least 12 frames BEFORE the BKGS user even starts attacking in order to hit-stun them out of the attack.

If you don't believe this data, you can go test it out yourself. It's not difficult, it's just time consuming, and I don't feel like spending my day off recording a video to prove some fag on Holla Forums wrong. Arguing in text is far easier.

PART UNO OF DOS

PART DOS OF DOS,

Then don't attack a third time if it's not going to connect? Like I said, you can get a third hit if you get LUCKY or you PLAN WELL. Reading comprehension, dude.

Small swords more versatile and easier to use. That's what they've always excelled at, and now it's just that they can excel in PVP too. How is that complicated to understand?

I was implying that it was a PVP crutch you tard, the PVE crutch in DS1 is Iron Flesh.

Your own poise had literally nothing to do with fists being viable in DS2, which is the only game where they were viable to begin with. What made them viable was insane hit-stun (with Stone Ring) and extremely fast start-up animation, allowing you to combo-lock pretty much anything instantly. Also, everything in that game was weak to Strike, which made caestus even more powerful than they already were for PVE.

Fists are not *just* harder to use than UGS in DS3, they're completely unviable because of changes they made DIRECTLY to the weapons themselves. The removal of poise does not make UGS gimped, unless you want to say that it gimped literally every weapon and spell in the game, because *every player could benefit from poise universally, regardless of build*.

Poise was especially useful for UGS users because it meant that they literally did not have to give a FUCK about who they were fighting against, all they had to do was get in range and start swinging, because they knew that pretty much nothing could stop their attack. The removal of poise in favor of hyper armor just means that now UGS users have to actually think about how they fight, and other weapon users know that they can actually stop them with quick reaction time or good prediction. It was a crutch, get the fuck over it.

That part of the conversation wasn't ABOUT poise, it was about DEX vs STR builds, but iirc from ancient DeS threads I'm pretty sure that PVP was based around Northern Regalia (a greatsword), DBS (an ultra greatsword), Meat Cleaver (greataxe), Mirdan Hammer (polearm), and Estoc. Lotta fast weapons in there, huh?

Shit dude, do you know what that means? It means that it's your fucking ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆OPINION☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆, not a factual statement! You've gone from saying "it isn't fun" to "I don't find it fun", see what a difference that makes?

Whoops nevermind, you wen't back into full retard mode. I think we're done here.

So who won the gr8 deb8?
I vote in favor of poise.

And yet Dark Souls 1 managed to get both right. DS3 is shit. Shoving so much of bloodborne into it ruined it.

They're DS3 fanboys who can't accept the new one is shit. It's the same as complaining about issues in witcher games or Nintendo games. Apparently liking a series means you have to like every installment in the series and "defend" the blatantly broken shit in games.

Yeah, except for how it allowed the caestus, daggers, greatswords, whips, hooks and a multitude of other weapons viable in both pve and pvp due to no hyper armor and the ability to stagger enemies a lot to maximize your small dmg fast hits. But apparently its always about havel.

Exactly this. The game has so few options and the basics of wearing armor to tank damage a bit is entirely removed. It's ruined the meta game inside the game where you switch out different weapons and armors to find what you like. Now fast with fast weapon is always best.

Fuck, I just wanted the last Souls game to be like the others. Not a Bloodborne wannabe.

He was shitposting and trying to attack rather than debate. It's why every other sentence is an ad hominem and his points are all "lolno poise bad, working as intended. Shit weapons arent supposed to be viable, just mesh and texturize it and leave in game for clutter"

I dunno, it might be because I've played Souls games so much, but I really felt like DS3 was the easiest of the games.

Nah it was the easiest. The ridiculous amount of bonfires, teleporting and ability to summon several phantoms ruined a lot of the tension.

But was II only harder because of shit mobs and enemy placement? I skipped that one.

For fuck sake I'm getting sick and tired of seeing this as if it has any weight. You fucking plebs need to get your facts straight, DS3 is more akin to Demon's Souls than Bloodborne. The re-introduction of the upgrades system, hyper armor and no poise plus that stupid fucking luck stat are all from DeS. The only things that are ripped from Bloodborne are rolling from being knocked down and stun riposte.

What gets me the most is the fact builds are still more fun in DeS than DS3. PvP fucking with the fun of the PvE as always. Man I miss my Mirdan Hammer and that glorious moveset. Even maces were the bollocks regardless of the fact it shared the moveset of the longsword.

I've never played the re-release/remaster/scholar of the first meme of DS II, so I might be wrong here now, but when I played DS II at launch, it was hard because it had some bullshit enemies that had infinite stamina, and some bosses that were bullshit due to being generally easy to manage but having one insta-kill attack that was hard to dodge(for example, the bigass dragon or king hendrick)

Are you saying that UGS-pivoting used to be easier than winning with a rapier or katana?Are you seriously losing to UGS users?Just how bad are you at DaS?

Because higher equip load means more defense due to bigger armor being worn, I'm amazed at how you couldn't grasp this one.
There is a clear progression, since you just need to get your equip load to 69.9% there's no reason to ever be under that, and thus there's a clear gear progression with lots of straight upgrades, same thing with weapons, some weapons just have higher damage than the starting weapon, and are straight up upgrades from them.
Also, I'm sorry to say but I always enjoyed the gear progression that takes place in the souls series, even more so because I always start the game as deprived so every single new armor or weapon that I find on my first playthrough will be used/considered for use.
"just listen and believe goy"
I'm not going to believe this over my experience of in-game shit, sorry.Bring me solid proof and I'll sya that you won.

No, the game is designed so that you can get two attacks in at max and that's it, this applies to a huge amount of enemies too, if the only way to get a third attack in is luck then it's shit.
Not to mention that EVERYONE can get 2 attacks in, so gear is worthless because you'll get 2 attacks in anyways.
But this pretty much happened lad, magic, faith and str builds have all been phased out since they've all been gimped, now it's all Dex, Dex, Dex.

And no poise is especially useful for rapier users because it means that you don't have to give a FUCK about who you are fighting, just get in range and start swinging, because pretty much nothing can stop their attacks, what is your point here?
Funny how you choose to omit so many weapons from here just to make a point lad, totally forgetting the abundance of katanas and short swords.The Nothern Regalia was chosen because it was the only viable option for VIT builds since it scaled with your character tendency, and the DBS and Meat Cleaver were there for people PvPing at level 200+(since there wasn't a meta about level 120 yet) and at that point these weapons would do extreme damage due to scaling.

Shit nigger, we've been discussing about our opinions ever since this conversation started, are you sure you're not just looking for a way to disregard my arguments?
Yep, that's it.

Was in literally every single dark souls game so far.
same as above, only in DeS the only weapon that really had hyper armor were greataxes
There is a poise stat in game, there are items which raise poise(wolf's ring and yhorn's shield), it's just that it's somehow turned off, but it can be enabled quickly with CE.
now that's from DeS, yeah.
Yep, even though DeS had it's fair share of shit(such as 3-1, oh god fuckign 3-1) it was still fun to replay and PvP, but not DS III.
The are only two fun builds for DS III at the moment, whips(even though you'll lose if your opponent is even decent) and Twin Princes greatsword(has two arts with absurd range each, people never expect a laser beam coming out from a sword).
Everything else, while way more viable, just isn't fun because you'll be spamming R1.