This feels like FTL

this feels like FTL

this happens on 4 games in a row and if you have the chance of survive this clothing problem, you get killed in combat because you just happen to trip and some dog bites you in the head and fall unconscious.

i hate when games show the wilderness as some hyper hazardous place filled whit kamikaze dogs that somehow endure perforated lungs and stabs on the neck and never ending tides of looters that makes sense that how there are so many if all what they do is kill each other

that's what i get for paying for a flash game

Learn to talk like a human being, nigger

You deserve worse.

i am not talking, dork

Take the trapping skill and build fires from wood and tinder from forests to keep from freezing to death.

Hell, take Strong as well and you can just outright start with a dogman fur coat, negating the clothing issue completely.

it attracts other critters, as i wrote before, thatt's just the frist obstacle

Out of interest, what skills do you generally start with?

botany, long range, electronics, mechanics, hiding, egle eye and insomniac tried trading botany for athletics, but didnt made a difference, still couln't outrun the dogs, but they stop being a threat when you make a sling

really is just the wrost of a rogue like, like when you find a steel golem on the second level of the frist dungeon, remminds me of ivan 0.5

you dont have to overpower some wild puppies to make it hard

What was the name of this thing again? Something 'Blue'? Blue 'Something'? Why is the word blue stuck in my head when I try to remember this shit?

now died atacked by a wild dog 2 time on the 3 turn, on the next try died of hypothermia on the 5 turn.

gotta get that refund

Neo-scavenger

Right, that's it. Wait. This shit isn't some web-based freeware flash program anymore and they are trying to sell this shit?

so it's another flash artist that used to make games by hobby uploading them to newgrounds, armorgames or the like, making some bucks for the sponsors that jumped into the modern indie cash-grab?

*from the sponsors

Not newgrounds level. I remember the blue from the URL. I remember playing some alpha version of this where the game ends the moment you actually reach the main post-apoc city.

Drop hiding, eagle eye, electronics and mechanical - they're mediocre at best.

take trapping and botany at the very least for ass-loads of food and fire whenever you want.

Ranged, Strong, Lockpicking and Athletics are also worth considering, as is Myopia since it can be cured at Detroit.

Whenever fighting, keep about 4 tiles between you and your opponent and just repeatedly use Lure to murder them without having to actually fight, also stockpile rocks to throw as they advance, until you can craft a sling or a greenwood bow.

Bumrush Zom Zom's to the north for a bunch of free shit - the towns directly surrounding the cryo lab are trash, but Zom Zom's surroundings have a fairly decent loot rate.

game is EZ. OP is faggot

But it is you dingus. Have you ever actually tried to be outside? If you survive the cold you have to hope the berries wherent poisonous and if you stumble on a pack of wolf or fuck, even savage dogs I wish you good luck going out of that situation with all the limbs.
You know what happens to the last faggot that thought living in the wild was easy and need to reconnect with nature? Yep, he died in an abandoned bus, poisoned by berries and they made a movie for it

Surviving outside is easy as shit.

There is infinite canned food in the world so just find some in any building literally ever, god damn.
Contrary to popular belief, you can open cans without a can opener. Even just a rock will do.
This is the easiest shit in the world to do. Go find a clothing store and pick your shit accordingly. It's the post apocalypse, you're the last human being alive, the store doesn't need those clothes anymore. Pirate that shit.
Just make sure that you gather your water upstream from your designated river pooping spot.
There's literally infinite buildings forever to live in, just pick one since nobody is alive anymore except you. Jesus christ.

What else did you expect when you chose to play an indie rogue-like survival game?

Did you expect something good?

You wanna find something %100 guaranteed every game?
Well,see that medallion you start the game equipped?
Take it off

It really is bad.
Not really entertaining in the least I'm going to get a refund.

Everyone shitting on the game ITT needs to git gud, holy shit. It really isn't that hard once one gets their bearings, and the game is a great fucking innawoods sim.

Taking strong, tough, melee and trapping for starters basically guarantees the ability to survive by opening the ability to make a broad spear and getting a free dogman coat right at the beginning. Anything else is optional, but helps. When I play, I like to take myopia for quirks, as eagle eye is buyable and cures myopia later on anyways, in addition to myopia being VERY easy to play around. On a side note
lock picking is also a great benefit for scavenging if it can be afforded.

As far as scavenging goes, once the player finds a lighter and makes a set of picks, in conjunction with strong, it makes finding loot in any kind of building very easy with having almost no risk of injury.

As far as fighting goes, it really just boils down to not being retarded. If someone has a gun, it's smart to assume it's loaded, and also dogmen will fuck you up if you let them get close. And if they do get close, it's smart to dodge/parry.

As for the game being worth the shekels for being a flash game, I didn't think it felt like a cash-in. I got my money's worth with the base game, it had lots of content. Then, there's extended life through modability (currently, I'm playing some runs with neo scavenger extended, which adds lots of content).

tl;dr, the game isn't shit, this thread is shit.

Neo-Scavanger is the Fallout 4 of Dark Souls.

spears are life , get ranged , make spears and bows and be the king of the wasteland

"This meat…

It's like good, fully developed veal. Not young, but not yet beef. Yes, very definitely like that, and not like any other meat you've tasted. In fact, so much so that you think no person with a palate of ordinary, normal sensitiveness could distinguish it from veal. It is mild, good meat, with no other sharply defined or highly characteristic taste such as, for instance, goat, high game, and pork have.

The steak is slightly tougher than prime veal, a little stringy, but not too tough or stringy to be agreeably edible. The roast is tender, and in color, texture, smell as well as taste, strengthens your certainty that of all the meats you habitually know, veal is the one meat to which this meat is accurately comparable."

I really want to like Neo-Scavenger, but it's so shallow. It's decent for the first 3 or so days, but once you get a lighter and a pan, it's easy to become unkillable by most mobs as long as you're autistic about how you move around.

The "storyline" events don't add much either, instead of STALKAN around a dungeon separate from the overworld map, it's picking between very limited options, even more limited due to the fact that what you're able to do are determined by the traits you pick at the start of the game.

DMC serves no purpose other than buying those upgrades so you have nightvision and something else I forget. The events that happen there will most likely exile you unless you have meta knowledge in what traits to pick. Same thing goes for the game's "ending" in that fort, where if you don't look up what exactly to do and have before you go, you would have to spend a few 3 hour+ games in trial and error.

At some point, there's no reason to play and I just end up dueling DMC guards and getting blown the fuck out by drones.

He's working on a space game that's most likely to be very akin at the moment, then he wants to go on and make neo slav 2 once that's done.

I recommend you try out neo scavenger extended, adds lotsa shit, new perks and quirks, and makes it so you can't scavenge with a lighter, you need a torch/flashlight/flare/etc.

Oh boy another FTL

Really does help the shallowness. I wasn't referring to a lighter's ability to help looting, looting in general is pretty redundant since it somehow respawns every 5 or so days. Once you have the ability to make fires at will and a pan, it makes survival trivial, since food (dogs) is everywhere and it's easy to make a lifetime supply of water by hording water bottles and stashing them somewhere.

doesn't*

ah, yeah, at least with extended it adds lighter fluid to somewhat limit them, but even then they're still easy to find and it's easy to create fires, I understand. As far s extended goes, yeah, I find it adds a lot of nice touches, esp. the makeshift guns.

it mostly just adds*

Kill the fucking monster in the beginning, skin it and you get a free cloak to stay forever warm in, stop being a shitter and get good instead of whining on an imageboard about a game you're shit at you colossal faggot. Nobody wants to indulge you in your confirmation bias.

Except FTL is pretty easy as long as you spend your scrap wisely and don't spend too much time fucking around in each area. You even start off pretty well fortified for any fight you may encounter in the beginning areas.